Smile

Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

________________________________________________

    Hmph. 

    “Bobby?” Minjoo called out to the boy sitting next to her for what seemed to be the umpteenth time. She poked his cheek and tilted her head to the side, trying to garner his attention. Bobby flinched, but didn’t reply.

    “Bobby, I know you can hear me.” She said again with a huff. Again, she was met with silence.

    “Bob. Gangsta Boi. Bobinator. Le Bobby. Yakuza-senpa-” Minjoo’s last fondly given nickname to the brooding boy was cut of when he took out his right earphone and turned to glare at her.

    “What.” Bobby’s voice lacked so much emotion and inflection at times that it was truly difficult to decipher when he was asking a question or not. Minjoo stifled her laughter when she saw his angry face. She knew her best friend didn’t like it when she bothered him, but she couldn’t help it; Bobby always gave her the funniest reactions.

    “Do you wanna go grab some boba?” Minjoo inquired. It was a mildly windy Thursday afternoon and the two were doing nothing after school. Zilch. Nada. Diddlysquat. The silence between them was driving the strawberry blonde crazy. She needed to do something. If Bobby decided that he wanted to go skydiving (even though he knew she was afraid of heights), then she would happily comply because boredom, to simply put, was her greatest enemy.

    “No.”

    “Do you wanna study?”

    “No.”

    “Movies?”

    “No.”

    “Park?”

    “No.”

    “Do you- nevermind.” Minjoo resisted the sudden urge to strangle Bobby and pull out her hair. The only thing holding her back was the fact that when she got home, she would probably have to explain to her parents why she was suddenly balding like a fifty-year-old man and dragging around a heavy, black duffle bag. Just imagining that situation made her shudder.

    Instead of giving into her concerningly violent desires, Minjoo resorted to glaring at Bobby. She tried to make him uncomfortable by boring holes into him with her imaginary laser beam eyes but, of course, it didn’t work. Bobby was too immersed in his music to ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter