Oneshot

Iced Coffee

“Hyung.”

Yoongi turns to the source of voice as he exits the dressing room. “What’s up?”

Hoseok approaches him with a baffled look on his face. “Have you checked up on Jennie yet?”

Such a question accompanied by such an expression suddenly puts Yoongi on high alert. He starts going through all the possible reasons for his question and expression. Some are good, and some are bad.

What the hell happened?

“Why? What happened?” He remains calm.

“There’s an article on Naver claiming she’s in a relationship with Teddy. You know, the producer in YG and Black Label.” Hoseok holds his phone up to show him the article he mentioned.

‘BLACKPINK Jennie and Teddy are reportedly dating’

“What the hell?” Yoongi doesn’t know if he should be mad or if he should be laughing.

‘YG said they’re looking into the report.’

“Didn’t you just see her a few days ago?”

Only a few people know about their relationship. Hoseok being one of them, was the first to find out. It has only been a few months since they started seeing each other. It has only been a few weeks since they made it official. It’s a great mystery how Yoongi, a busy man who is always cooped up in his studio, and Jennie, a busy woman who is always rejecting romantic advancements, got together. Hoseok has yet to hear their story. But for now, he is content to be one of the very few people Yoongi trusts enough to reveal his relationship with Jennie.

“We did. We even sle – ”

“Yeah, okay. I don’t need to know the details.” He turns away.

“Slept. As in we took a nap together.”

Yoongi hands him back his phone, and reaches for his own in his pocket. He dials Jennie’s number.

Hoseok! Yoongi! We’re doing a last run through of the schedule.” A staff shouts to them from a far.

“Got it. We’ll be there in a few minutes.” Hoseok answers then turns back to Yoongi who is waiting for Jennie to pick up.

“Sorry, the person you are trying to reach is not available at this moment. Please leave a – ”

“No good?”

Yoongi sighs. “I’ll try again later. Maybe she’s already talking to YG.” Before shoving his phone back in his pocket, he notices that it will die soon. “Remind me to go charge my phone before we go on stage.”

“Copy that.”

They start walking towards the staff room where they’ll go over the concert schedule one last time, and get last minute updates of stage conditions. It’s the first day of their concert in Osaka. It’s their first ever dome concert. It hasn’t even started yet, but the crowd noise can easily be heard through the thick concrete walls. The loud buzz starts to take over Yoongi’s thoughts.

“Hey.” Hoseok snaps him out of it. “You know, Jennie doesn’t seem like the type to let things like these get to her.”

Hopefully.

“Also, we know that the rumour isn’t true.”

It’s not.

“So, don’t worry too much.” He pats Yoongi on the shoulder to reassure him.

“Thanks, Hoseok.”

“Anytime.”


“Sounds good. That should be it for today.”

Yoongi stands up from his seat. It was more comfortable than the ones at their company. After sitting for who knows how long, he didn’t ache as much. He should invest in one.

“Are you in a rush?” Tablo asks him.

“No. Is there something else that needs to be done?”

He doesn’t mind staying a little longer. After all, working with Tablo, someone he looks up to, is such a great honor and a dream come true. He would never pass such an opportunity.

“Not really.” He replies. “Let’s head downstairs and grab something to eat.” He stands up from his desk.

“Is that alright?”

“Yeah, it’s free. Besides, aren’t you curious of YG’s legendary cafeteria food?”

Well, there’s no hurt in getting free food.

Yoongi grabs his empty Americano off the table. It was probably the best one he has ever had. Pricey, but great quality. He makes a mental note to get more next time he visits the coffee shop. Too bad, it’s only located in Mapo-gu. A little bit far from where he usually frequents. Although, it wouldn’t hurt to make the occasional trip for some high-quality caffeine.


He dials her number again.

Pick up.

“Hyung.” Yoongi turns, and isn’t surprised to see Hoseok. “They already released an official statement.”

“And?”

“Not true, but we knew that.”

Of course.

“Oh? but look at this.” He turns his phone to Yoongi.

‘YG intends to take legal action against the people who started the baseless dating rumours.’

“That’s a first.”

It was.

“Hello?”

Yoongi returns his attention to his phone “Jennie.” Hoseok excuses himself to give the two some space.

“Shouldn’t you be on stage right now?”

“We were.” He answers. “We go back in a few minutes.”

“Ah.”

He wonders how to approach her with the topic. He can be direct. Ask her about the rumour – which he knows is just a rumour, and nothing more. Or he can be indirect. Ask her about how she feels today – which he knows is not ‘fine’, although she would never admit it.

“How are you feeling?”

Don’t say it.

“Fine.”

He decides to hate the word ‘fine’.

“I saw the article…” He thinks for a second on what to say next, but she beats him to it.

“Yeah, what about it?”

There’s a dagger in the tone of her voice. Their conversation hasn’t even passed the one-minute mark. And yet, he managed to screw things up already.

He tries to recover and make things more lighthearted. “I thought I was your boyfriend?”

He waits for her to say something, anything. A few seconds passed, nothing.

Good job, Yoongi, you made her feel worse.

“Hahaha, you are so funny Min Yoongi.”

.


“How’s the comeback coming along?”

“We’re filming in a few days.” Yoongi shuts the door behind him, and follows Tablo down the hall.

They just left the studio, and are now heading to the cafeteria to grab some food. It’s a little past dinner time.

“Maybe we should try something flashy for our comeback.”

Yoongi entertains the image of Epik High going for an idol group concept. “It wouldn’t hurt to try.”

Tablo presses the elevator button.

After three years of no new releases, Yoongi has been waiting very patiently for Epik High’s comeback. He has nothing but admiration for them. Their music helped him get through tough times in the past. Their music is inspirational. In the future, he wishes to be just like Tablo. Make music that touches people’s heart. Make music that helps people get through tough times in their lives, just like what Tablo’s music did for him.

They enter the elevator. Although a little cramped, it isn’t the everyday typical elevator with bland white walls and horrible elevator music. This one has sleek black walls and a digital screen playing some music videos. Much better than the everyday typical elevator.

“This is better than the one at our company.”

“Oh yeah, it’s a little cramped and slow.” Tablo presses the basement level as their destination. “Most people here take the stairs, but I’m old.”

Yoongi laughs. Some people may find his behaviour to be disrespectful. However, during his first meeting with Tablo, he remained formal. Too formal. He was told to loosen up. Since then, their meetings have become very casual.

After a few minutes, they finally reach the basement. Or how most refer to it as the ‘YG dungeon’. They head towards the cafeteria.

“Jennie!”

Yoongi turns to where Tablo is facing.

“Jennie, this is Yoongi. Yoongi, Jennie.” Tablo gestures between the two. “But you guys probably know each other already.”

He has run into her numerous times on music shows and award shows. Although every time they’ve crossed paths, they’ve only exchanged brief glances and respectful ‘hellos’.

After exchanging greetings, Tablo hands Yoongi a tray. “Don’t be shy.”

Yoongi isn’t sure if he was referring to him taking as much food as he liked, or him talking and getting to know Jennie. He looks behind to see where she went.

“Jennie-ah, the coffee maker’s broken.” A lady from the kitchen shouts.

“Oh, okay.”


“You have any more jokes to share with me, Min Yoongi?”

Yoongi has learned a lot about Jennie. However, he still has a long way to go. He hasn’t learned everything about her. Most of the time, he learns through basic observation. Sometimes, he learns through complicated trial and error. Right now, he is learning by the latter. And he just managed to step on a landmine.

“Hey, we finish around ten, and get back to the hotel around eleven. Can you stay up?”

“To listen to your jokes?”

“Sure.”

“I don’t know. Why should I? I could just listen to Lisa’s lame jokes. Same thing.”

Sarcasm is a quality both Yoongi and Jennie share. Both are quite good at it. So good that some people may mistake their casual conversations as heated arguments. However, Yoongi worries for her. What if her sarcasm is just a façade? What if the rumour affected her more than it should have?

“Listen.”

“I’m listening.”

There’s still a dagger in the tone of her voice.

“I’m serious.” Sterner this time. “Stay up. We’ll be done soon.”

“Yeah, yeah. You don’t have to tell me twice.”

“I know. I’ll talk to you later.”

“Yeah.”

She ends the call first.

“Is she alright?” Hoseok returns to the room.

“Yeah. Still got her sarcasm, so that’s good.”

“I’ll never get used to your ‘casual conversations’. No one will ever think you guys are dating. Hard to tell.”

“Isn’t that a good thing?” Yoongi reattaches his phone to the charging chord.

“Guess so.”

They leave the dressing room, and head back to the stage area.

If only he could fly back home tonight and be there for her, but they still have another concert to do the next day. They return the day after tomorrow.

In the industry they work in, they work non-stop and rarely had free time. Even if they did, they use that time to recover lost hours of sleep. A relationship between two idols is difficult to maintain because of this. They are both aware of this. But they are also determined to make things work no matter what obstacle they may face.

“Hyung, they want to visit that steak restaurant later.” Hoseok looks back at him. “Are you coming?”

“I’ll pass for tonight.”


“Welcome!”

It’s the second day Yoongi will be meeting with Tablo. He is currently at a coffee shop. The one he discovered a few days ago near YG. He remembers to drop by again, and get himself a large Americano. He already knows his order, but he takes his time to look around. Last time, he was in a bit of a rush.

The door chime rings.

“Welcome!”

He turns back to see who it was.

Jennie.

“Oh, hey.” Jennie greets him, a bit unsure of what to say.

“Hey. You go here too?”

“Yeah, it’s nearby and convenient when the coffee maker is broken.”

Right, the coffee maker.

Yoongi takes a moment to take in her presence. It’s his first time running into her out in public. She isn’t that tall. Shorter than him, so he guesses around five-two. A lot shorter than she looks. He is amused. Also, she isn’t as intimidating as she looks. On-stage, she looks cold and fearless. Off-stage, the one in front of him right now, she looks lost and shy. He is surprised to see how different she is on and off-stage.

Time to stop staring before she catches you.

He remembers his order.

“I’ll have one large Americano.” Yoongi tells the barista, then turns to Jennie. “I’ll pay for yours too.”

“No, it’s okay.” She gestures with her hands that his offer is unnecessary.

He doesn’t take back what he said, so she is left with no choice but to accept his offer.

“I’ll have an iced coffee.”

“The usual, miss?” The barista asks her.

“Yes, please.”

“Alright, coming right up.”

Yoongi takes out his card, and pays for their order.

“Thanks. I owe you one.”

He turns to Jennie, and they briefly make eye contact before they both turn away.

“It’s no big deal.”

They take a seat as they wait for their orders.

He was about to ask her something, but he forgets once he turned to face her. Seeing her gazing out to the empty street, he feels at peace. She is breathtaking. The way her eyelashes flutter when she blinks, the way her hair just falls over her shoulders, and the way her shoulders rise and fall as she breathes in and out, he decides to not interrupt. If he could, he would make this moment last a little longer. If only he had his camera.

Camera?! That’s too obvious.

Jennie turns, and catches him staring.

“It’s rude to stare.”

Yoongi snaps out of it, a bit embarrassed that he just got caught.

“Sorry.”

Instead of getting mad, she smiles.

Just a while ago, she was avoiding eye-contact and acting all shy. Now, she is more playful? Maybe getting to know her is easier than he thought. Maybe he is the one who should take Tablo’s advice, and stop acting all shy.

“One large Americano and one iced coffee.”

They both stand up, and head to the ‘pick-up’ station to grab their drinks.

“Did he give you the right drink?” Yoongi asks.

“Yeah, iced coffee.”

“That looks like ‘iced milk’ to me.”

“It’s half milk and half coffee.”


“Yoongi-hyung, we’re here.” Jungkook shakes him awake.

The concert drained his energy. “You guys go ahead,” He grumbles.

Jungkook couldn’t believe it. Yoongi, the man who loves eating anything with meat, is skipping out on a chance to eat at a five-star restaurant that apparently serves the best Kobe steak in Japan. There’s no way the man he is talking to right now is Yoongi. An imposter? How does he tell the other members?

“But it’s the best Kobe steak in Japan!”

“There you are.” Hoseok exits the restaurant. “We were looking for you. We already got a booth.”

“Yoongi-hyung won’t budge.”

He switches his attention from Jungkook to Yoongi. “He said he’ll grab food at the hotel.”

“You sure he will?”

“I will,” Yoongi reassures them half asleep and half awake. “Now, I need to be at the hotel by eleven. I’ll be late if you guys keep stalling.”

“Yeah, yeah. Just make sure you eat.” Hoseok reminds him.

He nods.

Hoseok slides the van door closed, and motions Jungkook to enter the restaurant.

 

“What took you guys so long?!” Jin whines.

Hoseok and Jungkook enter the private booth.

“We already ordered, hope you guys don’t mind.” Jimin moves over to give them more space to sit on.

“That was fast.” Jungkook sits down.

“Is he okay?” Namjoon asks.

“Yeah.” Hoseok sits down after Jungkook.

“What happened?”

Everyone in BTS deeply cared for each other. The years they have spent together, has only made them closer. Closer to the point that they can easily tell when someone is having a good or bad day. And everyone can tell Yoongi is having the latter.

“Jennie got mixed up in a dating rumour, but it’s all good now.”

“So, what’s the problem then?” Taehyung asks.

“He’s worried about how she’s taking all of this.”

“And don’t forget the public. They can get really nasty when it comes to these things. True or false.” Namjoon adds.

BTS members never had dating bans. According to Bang PD, there’s no reason to have one. He did warn them to be careful. There are benefits and consequences of dating in the industry they work in. Namjoon reminded Yoongi about this when he found out about Jennie. He also questioned him about her dating ban. Apparently, it wasn’t even a thing. It’s just a red herring, and a way to prevent the public from looking into their artists’ dating lives.

“You know, Yoongi has been acting different these days.” Jin points out. “Usually, he falls asleep right when we get back home These days, he stays up for Jennie.”

“Are you jealous?”

“No!” He’s quick to respond. “I mean, I’ve never seen him put this much effort into someone.”

“Well, that’s what love does to a person.” Namjoon informs them trying to sound intellectual.

“Well, Yoongi isn’t the only one acting differently lately.” Taehyung turns his attention to Jungkook who is listening to their conversation quietly. Not uttering a single word.

“What?”

“Chaeyoungie, just sing one song. Please?” Taehyung teases Jungkook by mimicking his voice from a conversation he overheard a few days ago. “Chaeyoungie, co – ”

“Yah!” Jungkook glares at Taehyung.

“This is new.” Hoseok comments.

“Never knew you have the hots for Twice’s rapper.” Jimin teases.

“Correction. Not Song Chaeyoung, but Park Chaeyoung. Also known as…Rosé.” Taehyung says her name with emphasis.

“Yah! Kim Taehyung!”

He raises his hand in surrender and begs for mercy.

“But when did this happen?”

“You guys don’t need to know!”

“Don’t be shy. Love is love. There’s no need to hide it.” Namjoon, again, tries to sound intellectual.


“Go with that instead.”

Yoongi strikes out a line of lyrics, and highlights another.

It’s the second day of his meeting with Tablo. He arrived a few hours ago after a quick coffee run at the nearby café where he ran into Jennie. They walked together to YG afterwards. They didn’t talk much, but neither of them felt uncomfortable. He hopes that he runs into her more often.

I should focus.

Sipping a bit of his Americano, he continues to write more lyrics.

“You know, Jennie is pretty good at writing lyrics.”

He almost chokes. Did Tablo just read his mind?

“I don’t want to force you or anything, but maybe you can check some of her stuff.”

Me?!

“I think you guys will get along very well.”

A few seconds ago, he was hoping to see more of her. Then suddenly, he has the chance to do just that.

Calm down.

“Sure, I will.”

Tablo is content with his response. “She’s a good kid. I’ve known her since her trainee days.”

He listens.

“It was hard for her. She witnessed many trainees leave one by one, and watched her friends debut as she waited for her own.”

He always thought groups from bigger companies had it easy. They have the security of living in nice dorms and always having food to eat. They also have a big company with a much bigger presence in the industry that can easily catapult their careers beyond what other groups can achieve in their first few years. It seems like he was wrong all along. Sure, they have advantages from being in a big company, but that doesn’t change the fact that they still had to train and wait many years before debuting.

“She waited pretty long.”

“How long was Jennie a trainee?”

“Since 2010, so six years.”

That long? That’s even longer than Namjoon’s.

“Anyways, I already did some of the work, and gave her your number.”

He almost chokes yet again. Is Tablo trying to play matchmaker? Although, he isn’t complaining.


Eleven.

As soon as he entered his hotel room, Yoongi dials her number.

As he waits for her to pick up, he takes off his jacket, mask, and bucket hat that Jennie hates so much. She expressed her distaste for the item by calling it outdated. He reasoned it as good cover. He also cleans up a bit after Taehyung and Jungkook left a mess earlier in the morning. He picks up scattered pamphlets of local attractions that the two insisted on visiting. If not today, then some other day.

The dialing stops, and is replaced by someone fumbling with their phone.

Adjusting his own, he turns his camera on. “Turn on your camera.”

“I think I’m good.”

“Aren’t you special?” He stares at a blank screen. “I’ll be eating. Enjoy this ‘private mukbang’.” He takes out the food he got from the hotel.

Jennie laughs.

That’s a relief. It wasn’t a sarcastic laugh like earlier. It was a genuine one. Now, if only he doesn’t ruin the mood.

“What are you eating?”

He lifts the bento box to the camera. “Beef teriyaki on rice with some pickled radish on the side.”

“Appetizing.”

He snaps the chopsticks into two, and begins eating. “So, how are you?”

A few hours have already passed since the incident. A few hours have already passed since she told him she was ‘fine’. And he hopes that within those few hours, she has already moved on.

“Just annoyed from what happened earlier. Other than that, pretty good.”

The dread Yoongi felt earlier has vanished. She has already moved on.

“It was pretty farfetched to begin with.”

He agrees. “Was it your mom’s idea to take legal action?”

Jennie laughs again. “It was.”

“Yeah, figures. It doesn’t seem like YG to do such a thing.”

As he takes another bite of his food, he realizes that BLACKPINK is overdue for a comeback. With October reaching its midpoint, November and December are just around the corner. Time is running out.

“When’s the comeback?”

There’s a pause. Although short, it felt like an eternity. Not a good sign.

“I don’t know.”

It’s obvious that Jennie is upset. Upset at the incompetence of YG and his management of his artists. He thought that maybe all was well. Starting April, YG had their artists come back one after another.

What happened?

He feels bad. He knows very well the feeling of restlessness and uncertainty. Jennie pointed out before that being busy made her happy. Right now, she isn’t.

“What happened?”

“I mean, we are recording songs in the studio, but YG hasn’t given us a heads up for when. Usually, he gives us a month or two notice.”

Yoongi hums to signal her to keep going.

“After Epik High-sunbaenim’s comeback, there’s still Hayi and iKON's before ours could happen. I don’t know anymore.”

“Well, don’t give up.” There’s nothing he can do but offer her encouraging words.

“Looking back in the past seven years, I’ve done nothing but wait.”

“Your fans have already waited for you to debut for six years. They’ll wait how ever long it takes. They’re always here for you, and I’ll also be here for you.”

Jennie snorts and cracks into a laughing fit.

“Here I was feeling depressed and , but here you are being cheesy. Am I talking to the real Min Yoongi?”

He hated being cheesy. He never liked being all lovey-dovey with his words. But if it will help make Jennie laugh, he doesn’t mind it. He was about to reply, but is cut off by a dog barking.

“Kuma!” He hears her get up, and hears her scold her dog. “Don’t bite Teddie, get your own toy!”

Teddy bear.

After a few seconds, he hears her return. “I know how the rumour started.”

“Oh yeah? Educate me.”

“It’s your teddy bear.” He is referring to the one that Kuma was just chewing and the one that she walks around with in airports and train stations. “About time you get rid of it.”

“Are you jealous of a teddy bear?”

“It’s hideous, about time you get a new one. One that isn’t a teddy bear.” Yoongi remembers a stuffed toy he passed by earlier. It looked like a unicorn, but also a cat? He thinks Jennie would like it a lot. “What do you say? I saw a cute stuffed toy on our way to Kyocera.”

“I’ll give it to Kuma.”

Ouch.


“Hasn’t any of your members accused you of leaving them behind for YG?” Jennie looks up, and makes eye contact with him.

Yoongi chuckles. “Namjoon already has.”

They lock eyes for a few seconds before she goes back to writing lyrics. After Tablo suggested that he meets up with Jennie, they’ve been in contact ever since. Most of the time, they talk about music and work. Other times, they talk about each other’s likes and dislikes and get to know each other more. One thing is certain, he’s been staring way too much lately.

“Just because we’re more acquainted now, it doesn’t change the fact that staring is rude.” She continues to write lyrics. “And don’t you dare say something cheesy. I hate cheesy guys.”

I’m not.

“If it helps, I’m not.”

She finally looks up, and smirks. “Congratulations, I like you even more knowing that fact.”

Goddamn.

Beneath what others see, Yoongi discovered a completely different Jennie. Any claims made about her personality are all completely wrong. She is so often misunderstood. How can someone so shy and kind be mistaken as a cold-hearted person?

“You better start drinking your iced coffee.” He points.

Taking the drink, she sips a bit. Then, she scrunches her face in disgust.

“What is this?!”

“Iced coffee.”

“It’s too bitter.”

“Coffee is bitter.”


After successfully holding their first ever dome concerts, BTS safely returned to Korea from Japan. While the other members are back in the dorm, Yoongi is at BLACKPINK’s.

He didn’t bother to notify Jennie in advance about his visit. He wanted to surprise her. Even though she stated before that she never liked anything too cheesy, so many things happened in the past few days he felt that she needed some cheering up. Even if it means he will embarrass himself.

 

Knock-knock.

“Jennie, can you get the door?”

And she does. And she makes sure to check who it is before opening the door.

“Look who it is.”

Yoongi shrugs, and then lifts a tray of drinks.

“Oh.” Grabbing the tray from him, she moves to the side to let him in.

Removing his shoes and jacket, and looks around the dark hallway. “Is anyone home?”

“Yeah.” But before Jennie could continue, her mom shows up.

Oh .

It’s his first time meeting her. He wasn’t too sure if Jennie has told her about him or their relationship. He wasn’t too sure if he is ready for the meeting. One thing is for sure, he needs to make a good first impression.

“Hello, I’m – ”

“Min Yoongi. Rapper from BTS.” She answers for him. “I heard a lot about you.”

He bows. “It’s nice to meet you.”

Jennie nudges him. “My mom doesn’t bite you know.”

The mother and daughter exchanged looks. Now, he knows where Jennie got her aura from. They are exact carbon copies of each other.

“I’m sorry,” He stutters. “I didn’t know who else would be home, so I only got two drinks.”

“It’s okay.” She waves her hand. “Come in.”

Yoongi follows her to the kitchen where Jennie takes their drinks out of the tray. She gives him his while she takes hers. One Americano and one iced coffee.

“We’ll be in my room.” Jennie informs her mom while grabbing some coasters from one of the drawers.

“Sure.”

No way.

There’s no way that her mom just gave them the green light. From all the stories he has heard from Jennie, Jisoo, Rosé, and Lisa, he remembers her parents the most by their overprotective tendencies. Is he already given the green light? Or is he getting way ahead of himself?

She continues from where she left off. “Just make sure to leave the door open.”

Nevermind.

 

Where’s the other members?” Yoongi sits on her bed as she tidies up a bit.

“Rosé is recording a song, while Lisa and Jisoo went out to watch a movie.”

“And you’re at home doing?”

She takes a seat beside him. “Hey, if I wasn’t home, you would have made a meaningless trip.”

True.

Her attention switches from him to the backpack he brought along with him. “What’s inside?”

Oh this.” He smirks. He takes the bag, and s it to pull out a stuffed toy hidden inside. “It’s for Kuma.”

She remembers the conversation they had the other night about her needing a new stuffed toy, and him buying her a new one. She joked that she would only give it to Kuma. She was a bit harsh when she said that, but it wasn’t meant to be mean. Again, sarcasm.

“Kuma!” Yoongi calls.

The dog barks from outside the room, and little footsteps follow.

“Look who missed me.” He speaks in a higher-pitched voice like how he does with Holly.

“He didn’t.”

“Now, don’t you want a new toy?”

“He doesn’t.”

Someone is getting jealous.

Yoongi finally looks at her. There’s something about the way she looks when she’s angry. Some may find it scary, but he finds it attractive.

He knows that she wants the stuffed toy. But, he isn’t going down without a fight. So, he leans towards her and stays still. He patiently waits for her to get a hint of his little game. Soon after, she catches on. Before ultimately giving in, she rolls her eyes and lets out a loud sigh. She quickly pecks him on the lips.

“Happy?” She grabs the stuffed toy from him.

“Wasn’t that a little too empty?” He says unsatisfied.

“If you’ve forgotten, my mom’s just outside in the living room.”

Right.

First impressions are important. If her mom suddenly walks in on them making out, he’s pretty sure he’ll get a dating ban. Only, it won’t be coming from Bang PD. So, he decides to behave.

“Your iced coffee is going to taste like water soon.”

Jennie almost forgets about the drink sitting on her nightstand.

As she drinks the iced coffee, Yoongi patiently waits for her response.

She cringes.

Just how long will it take? It’s an endless cycle of trial and error.

Seeing his sudden change in mood, Jennie stops her act. To snap him out of it, she pecks him again on the lips. This time, more playful.

“I was just joking.” She gives him another peck. “It’s perfect.” And another. “Just like you.” And then a kiss.

It tasted like iced coffee.