Kidnapped

I Swear

I woke with a start. It was still night time, I glanced over at my sister, she was hugging brownie close, snoring lightly in her sleep. I walked over to her and hugged her close. I didn’t want her to die, I couldn’t lose her…I would die. 

I didn’t sleep for the rest of the night, too scared. At about six o-clock, my sister woke up. She looked at me and whispered, “Are you awake sis?” 

I nodded softly. 

“Do you want to watch the sun rise?” She asked and rubbed her eyes, yawning. 

“The sun takes an hour to fully rise sis. We would be watching for an hour,” I explained to her. 

“But I can’t sleep, I want to watch the sun rise with you before you go…” She said to me. 

Before I go? What did she mean by that? I sighed and gave in. 

We went up to the roof, I grabbed a box of cigarettes. We sat on the roof, and the sun started to rise. I lit a cigarette and started to smoke it. 

“Why do you smoke?” My sister asked watching the sun rise. 

“Don’t look directly at the sun, it can ruin your eyes,” I said dodging the question. 

“Why not?” She asked looking away, looking at the clouds that were turning pink. 

“Because you can become blind, from the rays, they are so bright,” I answered taking a drag on my cigarette.

“Sis you didn’t answer me. Why do you smoke?” She asked going back to that subject. 

“It just calms me down,” I answered.

“Didn’t mom smoke?” She asked her voice sounded sorry, and plead. 

I gulped the lump in my throat down. “Yes, she did, but they weren’t cigarettes,” I said.  Mom had smoke, but she smoked drugs, that was why she was always dizzy and sleepy when she came home from work. She never worked at an actual job. She sold drugs, for cheap prices. This is why, we were poor, and dad buying whiskey and beer, did not help. 

“What were they then? They looked a lot like cigarettes, but they smelled different,” she asked looking at me confused. 

“Smelled like skunk? They were drugs, and she wasn’t just smoking them, she was selling them!” I said, that sounded a lot harsher than it did in my head. She winced and looked back at the sun that was showing half way. 

“I’m going inside,” she said and got up and went inside. I threw my cigarette on the ground and stomped on it. 

“,” I muttered and went inside. Everyone was still asleep. I walked outside, despite the fact I’m wanted for murder. I just started to walk. I continued to walk, then I saw Bobby walking in front of me. 

I ran to catch up to him. “Bobby!” I shouted and he didn’t stop. I reached up to him, and tapped his shoulder. He turned. 

It wasn’t Bobby. This kid had a face of a Japanese kid, his eyes squinted, he had mixed color skin, and black hair. He turned and ran screaming for his mommy. I turned and ran back to the apartment, where of course, Olivia was waiting for me. She had her arms crossed, angrily.  She glared at me when I came in. 

“Uh…hi,” I said nervously. 

“Hi,” Olivia snapped. The whole gang was around her…everyone except for Lucy. 

“Where is Lucy?” She asked me, like I would know. 

“Wasn’t she with you?” I asked starting to get worried. 

“No! It isn’t our job to watch her!” She snapped. 

My adrenalin kicked in and I ran to our room, where I saw Brownie on the ground, his leg was cut, with white cotton coming out of it.

I went to run outside but Olivia stopped me. “Oh no! No way is you going out!” She said keeping her arm at my chest. 

“She is my sister!” I yelled. 

“Baylee will go out and look for her! May I remind you, you’re still wanted!” She said. 

“Wanted or not! I am looking for her, whether you like it or not!” I said and pushed her aside. She stumbled over to the wall. I heard her growl, I hardly even hurt her. She glared up at me. Then the next thing I knew, I felt a stinging pain struck me on the cheek. She had slapped me, I staggered and fell down. I put my fingers up to my lip. I pulled it down, and saw blood. I looked up at Olivia, she seemed a lot taller now. She had her hand clenched into a fist

I got to my feet just to get punched. I hit the ground hard and gasped. I pushed myself onto my hands and knees. I spitted out blood out of my mouth, I had bit my tongue. I continued to push myself up, but I felt a beating pain on my head and I collapse to the ground and everything went black. 

 

I woke up, but I think I was dreaming. I was in a room, with my sister. No, she was in a different room. She was crying really hard. I looked around and saw that I was in a jail cell. There was a man next to her. He had her hand on her back. I looked closer. It was dad. He looked like an actual loving father. He looked just like the man he was, before he started drinking. 

He looked at me, I could see the disappointment in his eyes. He hesitated before saying, “I would have stopped, if you told me.” I went to speak, but nothing came out. 

Then the scene changed, I was in a room that was completely white. There was a chair, with straps on the legs, and arms. There was a small table next to it. It had a syringe next to it, with green liquid in it.

I made my way over to it, drawn in by curiosity. Then I sat down. Again, I was drawn in by curiosity. The straps lock around my wrists, and ankles. I started to squirm. I went to scream but nothing came out.

Then some doctors came in. Two of them. One of them had a clip board. The other had nothing. 

This is patient 123?” The man with the clipboard asked. 

Yes, she is ready for execution,” the other man replied. He walked over to the table. He grabbed the syringe and placed it on the side of my arm. He pushed it into my skin, and plunged the green liquid into my body. 

I started to feel sick, and my head started to ache badly. Then everything went black. 

 

 

I woke up with a start, but that start did not last a long time, before my head started to ache. I groaned in pain, and grabbed my head. I laid back down.

Erich walked in the room two minutes after I woke up. He must have heard me groan. 

“You know she knocked you out to protect you, right?” He asked shoving his hands in his pockets. 

“My sister is out there! I have to find her!” I argued. 

“Baylee is looking now! Kylie! You are wanted for murder, we can’t let you go out, you will get caught!” He argued back. “We will find Lucy!” He said determined, but the look in his eyes said otherwise. He then leaned down and whispered in my ear, “At least you’re not going alone.”