Black and White

Black and White

Donghae entered his apartment with his girlfriend, Yoomi. He was pissed because of the behavior she showed towards his fans at the backstage of their concert. He didn’t know why Yoomi is acting so possessive against the fans while she barely knows how much he loves her. And she clearly knows the nature of his work.

 

“What’s with that attitude a while ago Yoomi? I thought everything about our situation is clear with you?” Donghae asked a pitch higher than usual.

 

“What do you want me to do huh? Congratulate that girl for finally having the guts to confess her love to MY BOYFRIEND?? Are you kidding me Lee Donghae??” Yoomi replied in equal tone as him.

 

“You’re ridiculous! What do you want me to do? Tell her that, ’I’m sorry, actually this girl beside me is my girlfriend.’ Then what? It’s the end of my career.”

 

The tension is heating up between them then suddenly sobs were heard. Yoomi was already crying. She felt that she is an embarrassment to her boyfriend and she felt that Donghae is ashamed to everybody because she was his girlfriend.

 

“I-I’m sorry if I embarrassed you yeobo. I’m sorry. I’m such a disgrace to you.” Yoomi said in between her sobs.

Seeing her tears Donghae felt guilty, he knows that she had taken the situation wrongly again. “Sshh… Yoomi-ah, how many times do I have to tell you that idea is wrong? You’re not an embarrassment to me. If only I’m allowed to shout to the whole world that you are my girlfriend I could have done that. But you know my situation right? In every interview that I have I really wanted to tell them that I have a very wonderful girlfriend right now, and it was you. I wanted to stop those rumors linking me to other girls because I know it hurts you a lot. But what can I do Yoomi-ah? I am not allowed to do all of that because of my career. You know that this is my dream right? Our dream. I’m so sorry Yoomi-ah.” Donghae said while hugging her.

 

Yoomi calmed down. “I’m so sorry yeobo. I just miss you so much that I got paranoid whenever you’re not around. Sorry.”

 

“It’s ok yeobo. So to make it up to you, I have a surprise.”

 

Yoomi immediately dried up her tears that made Donghae to chuckle. “What is it yeobo?”

 

“Hmmm… I asked manager hyung after our concert if I can have a short break….”

 

“What’s his answer yeobo?” anticipation is in her eyes.

 

“He gave me a week break but…..”

 

“But what?”

 

“I still need to work at home…just little stuffs like…..”

 

“Like what yeobo? Can’t you just please finish your sentence! It’s irritating me!”

 

“Aww… Sorry it’s just that… he wanted me to relax…improve my skills…and if ever I can contribute songs in the upcoming album…just those stuffs…hehehe…” he continued while scratching his head.

Yoomi beamed Donghae. She’s very happy that she can spend a week with her boyfriend. She really misses him and she’s been longing for this.

 

The next day…

 

Donghae was busy writing a new song and plucking notes at his guitar. He feels so inspired at the moment.

 

“Yeobo…”

 

“Yes?” Not even bothering to look at her.

 

“Yeobo…”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Yeobo…”

 

“What? Can’t you see I’m doing something? You kept on bothering me.”

 

That’s it!!! I thought you will give me enough attention since it’s your “WEEK BREAK” but what? You were drowning your self composing song. Hmmpp!!! Yoomi thought she stomped her foot in front of Donghae and look at the big speaker beside her. An evil grin spread on her angelic face. She then walks beside the speaker and turned it on. She even increases it’s volume to the maximum to totally distract Donghae then she started dancing.

Donghae slammed his pencil at the table and lessen the volume of the speaker. “I’ve had enough with you Yoomi-ah!!! A while ago, you kept on bothering me. And now this, your really distracting me huh?”

Instead of apologizing she just grinned at him victoriously that pissed Donghae even more. He go back to his sit and was about to continue what he was doing. Yoomi got another idea. She inserted a headphone to the speaker then continued dancing. She dances cutely as if inviting him to join her. Donghae can’t help but chuckle at her girlfriend’s cuteness.

 

“Yeobo, how was my guitar skills now?” Yoomi asked. They were sitting back to back. She was plucking notes in her guitar, showing of her skills while Donghae was busy reading a magazine. He was so immersed in the magazine he was reading that he didn’t heard Yoomi.

 

“Yeobo… did you hear me?” Donghae smiled at her, pretending that he did. Again she was pissed. She put down her guitar and stood up leaving Donghae tripped at her lost.

 

“Why did you suddenly stood up?” Donghae asked.

 

“Let’s go out there. It’s the first day of snow… look!”

 

“I don’t want. Just go there by yourself.”

 

“Fine!” she left him stomping her foot and pouted. She went out to the veranda. Donghae chuckled at her childishness.

 

Aish! Aren’t he gonna go after me? It’s our first snow together, why can’t he even appreciate this? Much to Yoomi’s surprise, Donghae followed her and hugged her from the back.

 

“Are you mad at me?” Donghae asked as he rests his head on her shoulder. Yoomi shook her head.

 

“No. It’s just that, it’s our first snow together. That’s why I wanted it to be very special for us.”

 

“I know. And to make it more special…” Donghae kissed her sweetly on her lips. They just shared their first kiss at the first day of snow.

 

Yoomi smiled at her boyfriend’s sweetness. She turned to face him and hug him tight. “I love you…” she whispered.

 

“I love you more Shim Yoomi…” he whispered back.

 

Their sweet moment under the snow was interrupted by a loud knock at the door. “Donghae hyung!”

 

“Aish! Such a bothersome!” Donghae growled and they entered their house. He opened the door and saw Kyuhyun.

 

“What’s your problem Kyuhyun-ah?”

 

“Oppa!” he was startled when her little sister popped out of nowhere at Kyuhyun’s side.

 

“Hyung, I’m sorry to bother you but Yoonhae really wanted to come here and visit you.” Kyuhyun said.

 

“It’s okay Kyuhyun-ah. Come in little girl.” Donghae said and he ruffled Yoonhae’s hair.

 

“Aish! Oppa, I’m not a kid anymore!” Yoonhae said as she fix her hair.

 

“I know. And you now have Kyuhyun right? Enough proof that you’re not a kid anymore.”

 

“What are you talking about? Were not together.” Yoonhae said and glared at her brother. Donghae just chuckled.

 

“Yoonhae-ah, were not in the front of camera anymore. You don’t have to hide your relationship with him. You don’t have to keep your idol image here.”

 

“That’s what I’ve been trying to tell her hyung.” Kyuhyun said.

 

“See? He just admitted your relationship.” Donghae said teasing his sister.

 

Yoonhae glared at Kyuhyun and rolled her eyes. “Fine. I lost!”

 

“Yoonhae-ah, long time no see.” Yoomi greeted her.

 

Yoonhae run beside Yoomi and hugged her. “How are you here Yoomi-ah?”

 

“I’m doing fine. Just a bit tired last week with the continuous training since our debut date is getting near.”

 

“Wow! Good for you! Let me be the first one to welcome you at the stressful world of being an idol!”

 

“Yoonhae-ah, don’t scare Yoomi. She might believe you and forget her dream being an idol.” Kyuhyun said and hugged her.

 

“Of course she won’t. Right Yoomi-ah?” Yoonhae said. Yoomi nodded and chuckled at the couple in front of her.

 

“Now whose saying she’s not in a relationship with Kyuhyun?” Donghae said as he served them cups of tea. Yoonhae stuck out her tongue and get one cup of tea and offered it to Kyuhyun.

 

“Oppa, how did you know about it?” Yoonhae asked.

 

“About what?” Donghae asked back and sat beside Yoomi.

 

“About us…” Yoonhae said and looked at Kyuhyun. They exchange smiles and she looked back at her brother.

Donghae smirked. “I’m better than those paparazzi around us. I was just kidding. I’m your brother, of course I know it.

Besides, Kyuhyun and I belong in the same group, we’re under the same agency. It’s not impossible for me to catch you taking chances to hold each others hands. Secretly meeting at the dance hall and –“

 

“Stop it oppa! Are you spying on us?” Kyuhyun and Yoonhae were shocked with Donghae’s statement. So, she immediately cut him off.

 

“Of course not, I just accidentally saw you two.” Donghae said while laughing. Yoomi slapped his thigh to stop him from laughing. She can see how much embarrassed the couple in front of them were.

 

“Yoonhae-ah, why did you suddenly visit us?” Yoomi asked she tried diverting the topic.

 

“I actually miss that fish beside you who’s laughing like a retard and…”

 

“And what?” Donghae asked seriously. If you’re wondering when he stopped laughing, none of them notice.

 

“Can we stay here for a while oppa?”

 

“Huh? Both of you? Why?”

 

“Aish! I can’t stay at your group’s dorm and he can’t stay at our dorm either. Others will surely suspect on us. Since you already know about us… can we please stay here?” Yoonhae said as she stood up to hug her brother. “Please oppa…”

 

“How can I refuse you? You’re my little sister, I can’t deny on that. Wait…what are you planning to do together huh?”

 

Donghae asked suspiciously. He looks straight at Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun was waving his hands telling him that they won’t do anything. Donghae looked back at his sister. “What??”

 

“Nothing. We just want to relax. I just want to rest.”

 

“Okay. That room on the right was Yoomi’s room, you can stay there with her tonight.” Donghae said and looked at Yoomi. She nodded and smiled.  “And that room in the left is my room, Kyuhyun; you can sleep there with me.”

 

“Can we sleep now?” Yoonhae asked as she stood up.

 

Donghae nodded. He was shock when Yoonhae pulled Kyuhyun towards his room and locked the door. He hurriedly follows them and knocked furiously.

 

“Yoonhae-ah, you can’t sleep there with him! Open the door! Aish! I won’t allow you to do something!!!!!!!” Donghae shouted.

 

“Oppa, we will just sleep! Don’t worry! We won’t do anything aside from sleeping!” Yoonhae shouted back.

 

“Aish! This kid! How could she be fooling around like this in front of me?”  Donghae grunted putting his hands on his waist. He was about to knock again but Yoomi stopped her.

 

“You trust her right? She won’t do stuff like that. She’s not a kid anymore. She knows what she’s doing.” Yoomi said pulled Donghae away back to the living room. Donghae surrendered and walk back at the living room.

 

Yoonhae who was eavesdropping at the conversation outside hurriedly ran at Kyuhyun, whose sitting at the bed; when she heard her brother and Yoomi already left.

 

“Jagiya, they’re gone.” Kyuhyun smiled kissed her. After a few minutes they broke the kiss and sleep together.

 

At the living room… Donghae was so worried about his sister. He went back at his door and places his ear at it. He was trying to check if they were making unnecessary noise but he didn’t hear anything. Yoomi appeared on his back holding the keys to his bedroom.

 

“Check it if you want. If it’s the only way to calm you down.” Yoomi said and handed him the keys. He nodded and carefully opened the door. There he saw his sister sleeping soundly in Kyuhyun’s embrace. He smiled to himself and closed back the door.

 

“Feeling better now?” Yoomi asked. Donghae nodded and smiled at her. “Aish! Protective fishy!”

 

Donghae sat at the sofa and started watching random movies. “Yeobo, since they were using your room, you can sleep there at my room tonight.” Yoomi said. Donghae didn’t respond at her because again, he was so concentrated at the movie he was watching.

 

Yoomi stood in front of the television to purposely blocking him. He was moving his head from left to right to peek at the television until he realized what Yoomi was doing.

 

“Yeobo, move out! Can’t you see I’m watching?”

 

“No! You look at me!” Yoomi exclaimed and sat at the top of the TV rack.

 

“You want me to watch you sitting there? Yeobo, you’re so silly get down now.”

 

“I won’t until you listen to me.”

 

“Okay. Now speak.”

 

“I thought that you have a week off?”

 

“Yeah. Isn’t it obvious that I’m here?”

 

“You’re body was here. But your mind was out there somewhere I don’t know.”

 

“Yeobo, I was just doing some things since it was manager hyung’s condition after giving me a week off.”

 

“I thought you will make it up to me?”

 

“I do. Isn’t it enough for you that I’m here?”

 

“Why can’t we be as sweet as Yoonhae and Kyuhyun?”

 

“You’re jealous with them?”

 

“Yes.”

 

Donghae was shock at her answer. Then he realized that he had been taking her for granted these past few days. He went near her and gets her off the TV rack. “I’m sorry yeobo. I didn’t mean to ignore you. I just want to come up into some thing useful after this week off.”

 

“Okay. Promise me you won’t do it again okay?”

 

“Promise.”

 

“Where are you going to sleep tonight?”

 

“Sleep? Ah! Yeah. I will sleep at your bedroom, you offered it earlier right?”

 

“Huh? That offer is not open anymore.”

 

Donghae pouted cutely in front of her that made Yoomi smiled. “I was just kidding.”

 

The next day…

 

“They were still sleeping?” Donghae asked Yoomi who was busy reading the songs she needed to memorize.

 

“Yeah. They might be really exhausted and needed some more sleep. Yeobo, can you please help me with this part? I don’t know the tone of this part.” Yoomi said and showed Donghae the music sheets she was holding.

 

Donghae sat beside her. He was trying to teach her when they accidentally looked at each other’s eyes intimately. They both felt the urge to kiss each other. On the other hand, Kyuhyun and Yoonhae were about to go out of the room but Kyuhyun stopped at his track and move back inside the room.

 

“What happen?” Yoonhae asked her boyfriend who was smiling timidly.

 

“Let’s just wait here for a while until they finish their business there.” Kyuhyun said.

 

Yoonhae furrowed her eyebrows. “What business?”

 

“Like this.” And Kyuhyun captured her lips for a sweet morning kiss. And they went back to bed.

 

While at the living room, Donghae and Yoomi were both closing their eyes, getting ready for the kiss. Suddenly, Donghae received a call from their manager; he groaned in frustration and immediately answered the call.

 

After a few seconds of waiting, Yoomi opened her eyes and she was shock that Donghae wasn’t in front of her anymore. Then she looked at the window and saw Donghae leaning there talking with someone at the telephone. Yoomi was more pissed than ever. She immediately stood up and pulls the line connection of the telephone.

 

“Hyung? Hello? Hyung? Are you still there?” Donghae said at the telephone receiver when he looked at the line of the telephone it was now in Yoomi’s hands. He was somehow glad that the call was ended already but he was hoping that it was ended in a nicer manner.

 

“How dare you just left me there huh?” Yoomi asked.

 

“I received an urgent call. I’m so sorry.”

 

“So that gave you the right to just leave me like an idiot there?”

 

“I’m really sorry. He called to tell me that today was the last day of my week off.”

 

“End already?” her tone got sadder.

 

“Don’t worry yeobo. We can still meet at the agency tomorrow. He told me that you will be having your contract signing tomorrow.”

 

“Really?” due to so much happiness she jumps up to him. Again, they had that intimate look at each others eyes and they finally kissed.

 

After a few months…

 

Donghae entered his apartment with his girlfriend, Yoomi. He was pissed because of the behavior she showed towards the other male idol groups at one of their show where both their groups were guested. He didn’t know why he is acting so possessive against the other guys while he barely knows how much she loves him. And he clearly knows the nature of their work.

 

“What your problem Lee Donghae?”

 

“You’re my problem here Shim Yoomi. Why are you getting so close with that Minwoo guy huh? You barely know that I am looking at you!”

 

“But I’m not doing anything!”

 

Donghae got more furious. “I’m leaving!”

 

“Are you threatening me?”

 

“I’m serious here!”

 

Yoomi gathered Donghae’s stuffs and gave to him. “Go!”

 

“You really want me to go huh?”

 

“Wait! Bring this one too!” Yoomi said as she was struggling to carry the Donghae’s heavy guitar amplifier.

 

Donghae was trying to hold back his laughter seeing Yoomi carrying the amplifier.

 

“Now go!” then she turned her back and went straight to the veranda. She was looking back at him to check if he was really leaving. She was secretly hoping that he was just kidding.

 

Donghae started laughing and followed her at the veranda. He swiftly wraps his arms around her. “I’m sorry yeobo.”

 

Yoomi smiled and face him. “You’re not leaving?”

 

Donghae shook his head. Yoomi hugged him back. “I won’t leave you too.”

 

“No matter home many differences we have I still believe that our love for each other closes those differences. Even though some times our moods were black and white, I know we can be fond of it. As long as were together. I love you Shim Yoomi.”

 

“I love you too Lee Donghae.”