Final

CatDog
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

note: this is the edited version, some strikesthrough that got erased by AO3 has been fixed :3 so if you have the time to re-read this, i hope you could find what i write to become funny but swallowed by AO3(AO3 is no fun when they erased my strikethrough ewww (this is strikethrough if you didnt know it's name)

 

 

 

First scratch

 

“WHAT?!” Tao wince at his hybrid’s outburst.

 

That’s the first time of forever Tao has heard Minseok scream till his voice pitched at the end. He has adopted the latter since he was still walking with his tummy, no , Minseok walking with his belly was the first reason for Tao to scream with all his might saying “I want him! He’s mine! No one touches him! If you touch him, I would beat you up to death”.

 

That was the day where its almost Christmas holiday and some orphanage brought abandoned kittens to their elementary school, hoping they could get some new secure shelter to go through the snow time. They were brought in front of the class with transparent box, the worker from the orphanage telling them the story of how they found the kittens in a tiny box in front of their front door.

 

At first, Tao has no intention of getting any hybrid for himself, but one particular kitten just easily gets his attention by walking with his belly inside of the box, eyes closed, pinky nose and white furs. The orphanage was more than happy to know that one of them has already found a new home. They gave the white kitten to the arms of Tao, the kitten opened his eyes slowly and cutely, Tao founded the kitten has beautiful blue eyes.

 

Having rich family with no siblings brought Tao to love Minseok more and more, treating him like a little brother and best friends he never has before. He has come overprotective towards the hybrid because the latter wasn't good at socializing by himself too, he would never ever let Minseok to be left with someone else besides Tao himself or his parents but now, it’s a different case.

 

One month away from his wedding with his longtime boyfriend since high school, Yifan, and both of them think that having their hybrids live with each other trial is a good thing that needed to be considered.

 

“Will we live together, Kris? The four of us?”

 

Kris hesitated, he didn’t want to separate anyone from them but he wasn’t sure it would go well for Minseok’s part. He also didn’t want to make Tao sad. “Lets… Just try it… okay? If

 

After all, the four of them would live together (maybe-Tao wasn’t sure) and to say shortly, the first time the feline meet with the dog hybrid didn’t go like how he and Yifan planned out.

 

He and Yifan have agreed to introduce both of their hybrids to the other, so when Yifan visits Tao and Minseok’s house, he brought his hybrid along, Luhan. They must have known and remembered that it nearly needs five years for Yifan just to get the feline’s ‘okay, he exists.’ kind of attitude. True to the world, Minseok wasn’t so happy having another hybrid at their house, especially dog hybrid. He tried to console his bad mood by just staying quiet for Tao’s sake but Luhan didn’t notice it, he practically bounces here and there to get the feline’s attention and inviting him to play together. Wrong step because in second the feline got really pissed out “LEAVE ME ALONE!” and scratch the golden’s face, ran to his room and lock himself for three days, refusing to meet the dog again and Tao’s apology of not telling him the hybrid would come by.

 

Really, it’s a bad idea to start with having their hybrids to live in the same house for one month, the world has known that dogs and cats have never good to be with each other, but what they needed to do in order to have peacefully home in the future if Minseok refuse to live with Yifan and Luhan? Tao didn’t dare to give Minseok to his parents, Minseok has become a part of his life, he couldn’t let him go. So with so much consideration excluding side effect in the future, Tao and Yifan have made their decision.

 

“YOU COULDN’T DO THIS TO ME! THE DOG IS ANNOYING AS !” once again, Tao was startled by Minseok cursing because it's his first time to hear it too.

 

“Min… come on, you know I couldn’t leave you alone when I go arranging my marriage. You would always be alone in weeks and I couldn’t let it happen. And Luhan is a good person! I believe he would take care of you when I can’t!” Tao pleaded, hoping the boy would agree right away. But of course no, no one could ever get instant ‘yes’ from Minseok except foods, milks and sleeps.

 

After aegyo-ing Minseok for total five hours, Tao finally got a groaned pain voice from Minseok and a nod at the end. He jumps knocking his head at the ceiling, not caring it though because having a nod from the feline needed some golden house to be rewarded at.

 

 

#

 

 

“Luhan, is it okay if you stay with Minseok for weeks? I and Tao will be so busy.” Yifan asks calmly at their dinner table as he spoons another spaghetti to his mouth.

 

“Sure, why not?” Luhan says with excited tone as always not wasting any second. So simple.

 

Just if Yifan knew how Tao was struggling just to get a single nod.

 

 

#

 

 

They have prepared a really cute and spacious new apartment for the four of them. It's located near the city and their workplace (university for Luhan) but far enough from all the dangerous ruckus in the said city. Three bedrooms, one for both of Tao and Yifan, one for Luhan, and one more for Minseok. They know that Minseok will practically never ever gonna agreed to have shared room with Luhan, after all, he worships his alone time and privacy, there is no way in his world to have roommate beside Tao.

 

Making their way to the new apartment, Minseok keep sighing nonstop and Tao was just too happy to care. Guest what, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were accompanying them too. Perfect.

 

“Remind me why you two are here again…” Minseok sighs for the one thousand three hundred and twenty-three times in the day.

 

“Well for starter, Baekhyun wanted to meet Luhan and seco—“

 

“I just missed you!” the corgi hybrid chirps cutting his giant owner’s line without caring, it's not like Chanyeol care.

 

He sighed once again, one thousand three hundred and twenty-four times now. He is in no condition to muster up any smile or any kind of affection that show he is at least a bit happy. Luhan would be his housemate soon, and now his i-don’t-know-who-they-exactly-are friends are sitting in the same car as them to send him to their new home, really, perfect.

 

He couldn’t even take a hold of one hybrid besides him, and now… the dog hybrids gonna meet with each other in his future house, PERFECT!

 

Could this day become worse than this?

 

 

 

Yes, it could. They just arrive at the new house when all sounds defeated by Baekhyun’s and Luhan’s greeting. They just greet each other like they have gone separated by the world war over centuries minus the cries. Tao already launches himself to his soon to be husband, Yifan, kissing and hugging, eugggh. Minseok could only groan. If not for Chanyeol who tried to console him, maybe all of them will have some scratch on their face now.

 

“Don’t fight it, just enjoy it.” He said, and Minseok nodded at this. Living with Kyungsoo sure does bring some matureness into Chanyeol’s life.  They have been together with Baekhyun since God knows when. Tao said that they are childhood friends and decided to have a shared apartment for their college life, but it ended with them having Baekhyun, the used to be stray corgi hybrid that was surviving alone in the street whom they take home and raised until now and live together even when they are already good to live alone since they have already become a successful persons.

 

Minseok himself meet with Baekhyun when Chanyeol and Kyungsoo come to their home and invited both Tao and Minseok to celebrate their graduation together. When they finally met, the corgi was too hyper up that he starts jumping all over Minseok and chanting about particularly everything. It was just like he never met any hybrid before. Minseok who start to piss off by how loud the hybrid was snapped at Baekhyun and told him to shut the up. Baekhyun shut up right away and Minseok finally found his peace until he heard a little noise that comes up from the corgi, he was sniffling but tried to stay strong as he bites his lower lips but his eyes were clearly glassy. Minseok felt guilty for the corgi’s tears so he tried to start some conversation with the hybrid. Baekhyun was happy again when he realized Minseok was making a small-awkward- little conversation with him, so he starts to chat with him until it's time for Minseok to go home.

 

Later that day, Minseok found out from Tao that Baekhyun really never meet any ‘hybrid’ before. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo found him in the street with all bones underneath his skin bruised until black. Baekhyun has never met a mild hybrid. All the stray hybrids that he has met are the one who beat him to death not minding his condition, the same goes for the humans before he met with his current owner.

 

Guiltier than ever, Minseok felt sorry for him. The longest time he could remember, he was already with Tao, got spoiled more than anything. And here is Baekhyun, has gone through the world but still showing his smile no matter how harsh Minseok was being to him. Since then on, Minseok really really really try hard to spare Baekhyun’s life.

 

 

#

 

 

Second scratch

 

Since they arrived, Tao, Kris and Chanyeol have been in somewhat serious conversations about the wedding ceremony plans. Luhan and Baekhyun couldn’t stop chatting about what, Minseok didn’t know. And Minseok, he is just there, watching tv in the daylight, yawning like how lazy cat could be. Baekhyun is at his laps, sitting comfortably without any care. It's been his favorite place after all, and Minseok has learned not to care. He loves cuddling too and Baekhyun love to provide it for him, so whats the problem?

 

He hasn’t said any word to Luhan nor Yifan other than greetings and he really didn’t care at all. Careless is his middle name. He moves his hand that just limply by his side before and brought it to the corgi’s waist, hugging it as he leans his head to Baekhyun’s shoulder. It's time for him to sleep, so he does.

 

 

 

Luhan saw how the cat hybrid let Baekhyun sat in his laps and unconsciously caressing the corgi’s thigh. He saw how the sleep starts to take a toll to the cat and the cat so easily hug Baekhyun and sleep right away, just as if Baekhyun is his giant hugging pillow.

 

“Is he always been like this?” He finally asks Baekhyun when he is sure than anything that Minseok is in a deep slumber.

 

Baekhyun turns his head to the right and left, trying to digestive the question. “Who?” he asks back. Luhan pointed at the man-or boy- right next to Baekhyun and the corgi laugh so loud right next to Minseok’s ear.

 

Luhan panic at this, oh hell, he still remembers how his face met Minseok’s claws. Baekhyun seems to catch his movement and laugh again. At this, Minseok only scrunches his nose cutely and resume his sleep. “Yes and no,” he answered. “You know, cats never like any sudden change of life. They like constant things. They hate when they need to adapt to a new surrounding and that’s brought them to a sudden change of mood.” Baekhyun explained and Luhan nods at this. “What has he done to you by the way?”

 

Luhan hesitate at first, he doesn’t like telling people he got a scratch on his face by a cute cat. How unmanly is that? “Uh… he scratched my… face” He whispers. Laughs once again erupt from Baekhyun and Minseok scrunch his nose again.

 

Luhan brought his index finger to his mouth and hissing, trying to tell Baekhyun to lower his voice. And finally, Baekhyun giggled, not laughing. “I used to get some too. Deep as and ached like , no kidding. But as I said before, Minseok here-” He paused and hugs Minseok back, repositioning him by bringing his body to lay on the sofa completely and his head to rest on his thigh carefully and start his hairs and furry ears, Minseok purrs under it and leaning to Baekhyun’s touch. “-needs time. Maybe it will take times or maybe forever, but when he found you, you found him.”

 

Luhan doesn’t really get the sentence, ‘found him’? he is already here, what does Luhan need to find. ‘found’ Luhan? Luhan isn't lost at all. Even with so many questions inside his brain, he only nods and they start to fall in the world-wide conversation again.

 

 

#

 

 

Luhan is a golden retriever hybrid. He is a pure hybrid and couldn’t be more blessed. Generation by generation, his family always got sold to the most wealthy family. Some found fortunes by got ‘friends’ as their family, and the other doesn’t. Luhan was too fortunate to find himself sold to the wealthiest family in China, the Wu’s household, and he was too fortunate too to found Yifan as his friends, more than his master.

 

The Wu are all kind people, they treat Luhan as their own son just like Yifan, he got schooled, he got his own room, he felt like just a normal teenage boy. Yifan may seem scary and cold, but Luhan knew second-best (Tao knew the best) that it is just because of genetic. Yifan is a poodle inside with Hello kitty heart especially to Tao. Luhan couldn’t thank God more than this, its been too much and actually near the infinite of blessing to him. Not to say how individually perfect Luhan is. He is handsome, friendly, manly, rich, smart and handsome. No one could resist him. Well, until Minseok brought his hands up and used his claws to scratch Luhan’s pride face.

 

Luhan wasn’t angry at all, no. He just couldn’t believe it. That’s all.

 

As a golden retriever, it's been their nature to be friend with everyone and everyone to instantly be friend with them. Everyone. So its undirectly been a mission for Luhan to befriend with Minseok. It's his first priority mission above all for now, and he would never turn back from it. He is Luhan, there is no turning back for Lu. Anyone who isn’t his friend is his enemy!

 

“Baek! It's time to go home!” Shouted Chanyeol from the dining room. Without them counting it, it's already noon and it's really their time to go home. Baek said that every night, they should go home to eat dinner together. It's their ‘tradition’ to eat together at night no matter what.  Baekhyun said the same goes to Tao and Minseok, the five of them has been like this since they meet each other and adopt it as their family tradition.

 

“Help me here.” Whispers Baekhyun as he tried to let Minseok go from his hold but the latter keep koala-ing Baekhyun. Through the hours, Minseok has rearranged his position again to hug Baekhyun.

 

Luhan hesitated at first, not sure if directly interacting with Minseok for now is a good thing or not. Baekhyun saw through it and said, “Don’t worry, he is in total another dimension when he is sleeping.”

 

By those assurances, Luhan take a hold of Minseok when Baekhyun brought him near Luhan and let him go. In exchange, Minseok search for other ‘living pillow’ and find Luhan is the nearest and actually, is more fluffy than Baekhyun that just been made of bones and skin. He hugs whoever this ‘living pillow’ is and nuzzled his face to the most comfortable he could find for now aka the crook between Luhan’s shoulder and neck.

 

Red puff of smoke escape from Luhan’s ears, his face has become like a red potato, even his ears. Auto stoning system has , his mouth agape open and close and open and close and he just sits there, stifling. Baekhyun burst into laughter and run to the front door without any goodbye. He knew Luhan will find a way to toss Minseok back to him, and he couldn’t let it happen. He needs to go home so he could eat his dinner with Chanyeol and Kyungsoo, so no. Maybe another time to help Luhan.

 

 

 

Tao and Yifan have come back to the living room after they fetch Chanyeol and Baekhyun to their car. Before, they didn’t mind any thought of looking at Minseok since Baekhyun was there and there is nothing to fear. Now, they are surprised to find Minseok hugging Luhan who is stiff as stone with his both hand are by his side but its positioned between Minseok waist and the air. His ears still red and Yifan try so hard not to laugh at Luhan face. Tao snicker and motions to Luhan to hug him back as he hugs Yifan for the example.

 

Luhan's eyes turn wide but his robotic movement hand finally rest in Minseok’s waist, hugging him back. When he finally could contain himself, he fixes their position so Minseok’s back wouldn’t hurt when he wakes up, and Luhan put his head at Minseok’s shoulder, acting like he is watching the TV when in reality, he couldn’t even think clearly. 

 

 

#

 

 

The day passes really quickly. When the dinner time comes for them, Luhan didn’t want to let Minseok go nor wake him up. He couldn’t bring himself to disturb the kitty that looks so peaceful in his sleep. Tao totally could understand this since he used to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter