Stay a While

Stay a While

It was early Monday morning when the sound of your alarm woke you. It took some time for your eyes to adjust to the light in the room, making you blink rapidly as you reached over to turn off your alarm. It was then that you felt an arm tucked around your waist, and looking over you saw your boyfriend still sleeping soundly despite the irritating wail of your phone. You smiled, lying back down and brushing the long blonde strands out of his face so you could see him a little better.

“Do I still look handsome like this?” He mumbled, a broad grin stretching across his face. You could only laugh, propping yourself up on your elbow as he shuffled a little, his arm still draped over your waist.

“Yes, Hoseok, you have the unbelievable ability of still looking amazing waking up. Why don’t you have a single flaw on that face, it’s not fair.” You sighed playfully, using your free hand to pinch one of his cheeks. “Anyway, I’ll go make us some breakfast!” As you tried to move off the bed, you felt a tug on your waist.

“Don’t go yet, stay here where it’s warm, and where I am.” Hoseok pleaded, holding onto you tightly. Looking back at him, you eased your way out of his arms.

“Sorry lover boy, I have classes today so I need to start getting ready.” You double-checked your phone for the time, remembering you’d set your alarm an hour earlier than usual. You knew you’d end up doing this with Hoseok, and it had made you late before, so you prepared for it this time. He looked up at you as you stood with the saddest expression he could muster, his eyes like that of a lost puppy and his lips pouting. “Don’t give me that look! I won’t feel guilty this time, I won’t!” You turned away and made a break for it, running to the bedroom door. Like a flash, Hoseok was up and right behind you as you headed for the kitchen.

“Don’t leave me, Y/N. You know I get lonely without you.” He whined, wrapping his arms around you from behind and walking with you to the kitchen. Truthfully, of course you didn’t want to leave. You would gladly have gone back to bed with him and wrapped the both of you in your blanket. Sadly, you couldn’t. You only had two hours of classes today, and you knew he had to work today, but you’d have the rest of the evening to spend together. Of course, Hoseok had to play the clingy boyfriend when it was least convenient.

You began cooking breakfast consisting of bacon and eggs, since you wanted to do things quickly. That way you could spend that little extra time with the tall blonde koala attached to you. He kept his head rested on your shoulder as you fried everything, muttering about how good it smelled and how hungry he was.

“Will you get me some plates?” You asked, pointing to the cupboard. Your loyal koala nodded, and moved over, letting you go at last. He got two plates and some cutlery, as well as some glasses, and set them out on the counter. Quickly, you plated everything and sat with Hoseok to eat. You felt his eyes on you whilst you ate, and when you looked up, he looked away. You smiled, and reached over to jab him in the ribs.

“Ah, what was that for?” He pouted. You kept smiling and leaned over to kiss him lightly.

“Because you’re cute.” You grinned. Hoseok only continued to pout.

“How do you expect me to let you go when you’re doing this to me?” Getting up from the table with your now empty plate, you laughed and moved past him. Just as you made it to the kitchen, and had set down your things, you felt hands on your waist again, and you were spun around to face a bright-eyed Hoseok smiling lovingly at you, hands laced together against the curve of your back. “I’m serious, I can’t let you leave.” He began pulling you closer and closer until you were together.

“Shin Hoseok, are you really going to chance getting me into trouble for your own selfish needs?” You teased, placing your hands around his waist. He smiled again, showing off that perfect smile, and shrugged slightly.

“Maybe…” Before you could get another word in, you felt his lips against yours. Just like that, you melted into his arms, your own moving around his neck. When he pulled back, all you could do was look at him. “Isn’t it worth it though, to be with me?” He whispered, resting his forehead against yours.

“I wish I could stay… but I’ll get kicked off my course.” You sighed, before looking him in the eye. “And then you’ll never see me again.” His eyes widened briefly. “Hoseok, listen. I set my alarm an hour early so I could have an extra hour with you before I go. You don’t have to cling to me like this.” You laughed, pulling away from him gently. Hoseok just stood there staring at you.

“Then… can we go back to bed for a while? It’s cold out here.” He pretended to shiver, rubbing his bare arms. You debated on whether to joke about the fact he was wearing a sleeveless shirt so it was his own fault, or to give in to your sweet man. Smiling, you moved his arms and took his hand, tiptoeing to kiss him again.

“Come on, let’s get you warmed up.”