Food Gangsters

Swept Up in Lies

I woke up with a dull pain in my head and a stiff back. My wrists felt sore and chaffed from the rough rope that kept them tightly tied together. My eyes snapped open as the memories began to flood into my head. That traitor, Taehyung. I grew angry just thinking about him and what he did. I scanned the room, looking for some kind of clue as to where I was. The air was musty, so it was an abandoned building of some sort. Great. I'm tied to a chair in the middle of a room with one light dully that seems to be hanging on to the last bit of life it has left. They didn't even bother to change me out of the now soiled dress I had worn to the gala. That I was grateful for. At least I know they didn't do anything to me while I was out. I couldn't see the walls, so who knew how big the room was. My ears caught the muffled sound of conversation, but I couldn't figure out where, or who, it was coming from. I took a deep breath and sighed. No use in freaking out at this point. Suddenly, the sound of a door opening and multiple footsteps echoed through the room. Three men dressed in all black emerged from the darkness. One of them being Taehyung. My face screwed into a scowl. His mousy brown hair was now a dark hue of violet, reminding me of a grape. Oh how I wished I could squeeze his head like one.

"Hello there, sweetheart. Glad to see you're finally awake. Kookie here didn't mean to hit you that hard, but muscleman got a little carried away." The tallest one smirked. I assumed that was Kookie. The other guy had bright orange hair and a long face. Orangy seemed like an appropriate name for him. I figured I should continue with the food theme.

"I think carried away is a bit of an understatement," I muttered. He probably hit me with enough force to take out a large bear. Ignoring me, the traitor continued talking.

"Do you know why you're here, President Hong?"

"I'm here because you kidnapped and brought me here," I retorted dryly. "As to the reason why you brought me here, I can't say I have slightest idea what that is."

"As mouthy as ever," Taehyung muttered. 

"Besides, it's not like you would need to kidnap me to find out all the company secrets. Let's flashback to before you betrayed me and were my secretary? You know everything about the company."

"Oh, but President Hong." I glared at the continues use of that name. "This has nothing to do with the company." My eyebrows scrunched in confusion. If it had nothing to do with the company, what could it be about? The company was my life. 

"I'm sure you're quite familiar with the name Park Jimin?" My eyes widened in alarm.

"Don't you dare hurt him," I growled.

"Like we could if we tried," Orangy scowled. "That man is untouchable. He's only topped by the Man in Black, but no one even knows his identity."

"That is, until you become involved," Taehyung smirked. 

"What are you talking about. How is my boyfriend untouchable? And who is this Man in Black?"

"Oh, this is about to get real interesting," Taehyung muttered, an evil smile spreading on his face.

"So, she doesn't know about Jimin's past?" Orangy mumbled.

"I would assume so by the crazy looks she's giving us."

"I wonder if he told her anything."

"I doubt it. Who would ever date him know what he did back then."

"Could someone please explain to me what you guys are talking about? What do I not know about Jimin?" Taehyung looked at me with a smirk.

"I would brace yourself sweetheart. The innocent Jimin you've been dating for all these years isn't who you think he is." I rolled my eyes

"So what? He has a past. Who doesn't?"

"You really are completely clueless, aren't you," Orangy chuckled.

"Thank you Orangy, for stating the obvious." He scowled at the nickname as the other two doubled over in laughter. 

"The name is Hoseok," he snarled. I ignored him, not really caring what his real name was.

"Is no one going to explain to me what Hoe-rangy here has stated I'm clueless about?" The two grew red with laughter, while Hoseok approached me with a menacing look on his face. He grasped my chin tightly in his hand and forcefully tipped my head upwards to look at him.

"I would watch your mouth if I were you. Remember, you're the one being held captive."

"Yah, Horangy, calm yourself. The boss said he would kill us if we laid a hand on her before he got here," Taehyung managed to say through his laughter. Hoseok pushed my chin to the side in irritation before walking back to where the guys were standing.

"Yah, I suggest you keep your mouth shut when the boss gets here if you want to keep any chance of survival." I looked over at Kookie. I could tell he meant it by the serious look on his face.

"Who is this boss guy anyways?"

"That would be me." The three boys immediately stiffened as a shorter man with brilliantly silver hair emerged from the shadows of the room. When did he get here? I hadn't even heard the door open since the other three came in. There was a certain air to him that clearly differentiated him from the other three. He was intimidating, and he knew it. His poignant voice resonated authority, and his piercing, cold eyes made up for his lack of height. In a way, he resembled my late grandfather. Everyone hated that bitter old man. I pressed my lips together in an attempt to stifle my laughter. Imagining Silver-head speaking in my grandfather's gravely and hoarse voice was probably not a good idea in the state I was currently in, but it really was funny. "Something funny?" He cocked his head with the whisper of an evil smile on his lips.

"Um no... uh... not really. You kinda just reminded me of my grandfather, and yeah. Ok, so, I guess it was kinda funny..." I trailed off, looking at the ground. The three boys chuckled, but were immediately silenced when the boss man raised his hand up. He walked over to me, his steps soundless, making it seem as if he were gliding across the floor. His snow-white skin glowed under the light as he towered over me. The light cast a shadow on his fast, making his cheekbones seem even more sunken than they were. He lightly held my chin in his bony hand, and leaned over, his warm breath hitting my ear.

"You're quite a peculiar one," he purred. His voice grated on my ears, and a shiver drew up my spine. "It's ok to show you're scared. I know you are," he smirked. 

"I honestly just don't get why I'm here," I deadpanned. He straightened up and sauntered around the chair, stopping just behind me. 

"Oh. So, I'm assuming you're unaware of your boyfriend's past?" I let out a huff in irritation.

"Apparently the third time is not the charm for you guys. How many times do I have to tell you I have no idea what is going before it gets through your thick heads?" My head jerked to the side as the cold man's palm made contact with my cheek, leaving a stinging sensation. I shot him a glare. 

"You just don't know when to keep your mouth shut, do you?"

"You asked me a question. It's only common courtesy to answer someone's question, but apparently the people around here don't know that," I retorted dryly. I saw a faint smile tug at his lips, but it had disappeared as quickly as it came. 

"Oh, what I would do to hear that snarky little mouth of yours screaming my name," He growled, harshly grasping my neck. I fell into a coughing fit the second he pulled his hand away. "But I must be patient. We'll have to see how well you do at luring your boyfriend into this lovely trap."

"I won't you lay a hand on Jimin," I sneered.

"Oh, trust me. He doesn't need your help with that. Besides, you won't be saying that once you hear about his secrets. That traitor is the slipperiest snake of them all. It seems he's even been lying to you."

"I'm sure he had his reasons," I defended. 

"Well, of course he did. Who would want to go near a murderer," Hoseok smirked. My body stiffened and my eyes widened slightly. A murderer? There was no way Jimin was a murderer. He was so kind and gentle. "Shocker, right?"

"I don't believe you. You're just trying to mess with my head and pit me against him."

"I wish that were the case, sweetheart, but Park Jimin was the best of the best in this industry. The Boss' right hand man. Until he decided he didn't want to live that life anymore. He wanted to get a real job, get married, have children," Taehyung snarled.

"But that's not how this industry works, unfortunately. One does not just up and leave because they want to live a different life."

"So, basically what you're saying is, my boyfriend was a member of your little gang, he decided he didn't want to be in it anymore so he left, and boss man here has been holding a grudge about it ever since? How long ago was this?"

"Five or six years ago," Kookie piped in.

"Wow, you should apply for A Guinness World Record Mr. Boss. I'm sure there's one for grudge holding." His eyes grew dark, and his skin began to take on an ill shade of red. 

"Go prepare the room," he snapped, not taking his piercing gaze off of me. The three men quickly disappeared into the darkness, their exit only made known by the opening and closing of the door. His hands clasped behind his back, he walked up to me and leaned over, his lips grazing my ear.

"That Park boy won't even be a thought in that pretty little head of yours once I'm done with you."