sequel: we have something to tell you.

i have something to tell you.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Why Mama’s tummy is so big, Nini?”

 

“Mama said our baby sister is inside.”

 

“What?! Did Mama eat her?!”

 

“You won’t understand even if I told you, Hunnie.”

 

“As if you know the answer.”

 

“I do.”

 

“You don’t.”

 

“How do you know that?”

 

“We’re twins, Nini.”

 

“What about that?”

 

“We’re twins and we think alike!”

 

“If we’re twins, we’re supposed to look alike too, Hunnie.”

 

“But we look like Baba.”

 

“You look like Baba.”

 

“You look like Baba too!”

 

“I don’t look like Mama or Baba, okay?!”

 

Five-year-old Sehun gasps, startled by the sudden rise of his elder twin’s voice. He bites onto his lower lip, tears pooling in his eyes before everything breaks as Sehun bawls his eyes out. “Hunnie, no, don’t cry! You’re going to wake Mama—” “Nini hates me!!!” Sehun literally screams eyes pinched shut as he continues sobbing. Jongin doesn’t know what to do. He squeaks out loud after he hears their father’s deep voice.

 

“What’s going on?”

 

Their father looms over them with his towering height, a resting scowl decorating his forehead, eyes fixed only on him. The elder twin gulps as he stares at his tall father with no words coming out. Sehun beats him to it as the boy clings around one of their father’s long legs, wailing, “Nini shouted at me!!! He hates me!!!” The elder man sits with them next to their scattered toys before scooping the crying boy onto his lap.

 

“Care to tell me what happened?”

 

Jongin gulps again. The sound is audible this time. He knows he did something bad judging by his father’s pointed look. He doesn’t know how to reflect on his mistake. He’s very sure Sehun won’t talk to him anymore after what he did (which he seriously didn’t mean to). So he cries. He cries hard, totally feeling guilty. His younger twin follows suit. Their cries fill in every nooks and cranny of their home.

 

Yifan breathes in and breathes out, collecting himself from shouting (which can lead to worse) at the twins. Parenting isn’t supposed to be like that. He needs to be patient. That’s what his omega taught him. He pulls one of Jongin’s small hands and also plops him onto his unoccupied thigh. Sehun doesn’t even look at his twin as he presses his face further into his chest, sniffling harshly, still crying.

 

“Come on, babies. Tell Baba what happened,” He smoothens down both of their hair in order to soothe them. “Nini hates me,” Sehun’s voice is muffled against his shirt but he hears it clearly. “I do not,” Jongin replies with wetness laced in his tone. Sehun reveals his face a little, glaring at his elder twin, “You shouted at me.” Jongin sniffles, fiddling with his Baba’s shirt, “I didn’t mean to…”

 

Yifan smiles in relief. Their cries have quiet down. Or so he thought. “Why did you shout at me if you didn’t mean to?” Sehun sounds like he’s going to cry again and before that can happen, Yifan tries to— “I don’t know!!!” Sehun gasps again. He buries his small face into his father’s shirt before crying, hurt. Jongin seems to realize his mistake. He did it again. He made his twin cry again.

 

He cries too, not knowing what else he can do. Yifan doesn’t know what to do either. “There, there,” He coos, squishing them both into his embrace, “Jongin, look at me. Look at me, Nini.” The boy timidly stares at his father despite his tears won’t stop flowing. “What is it? Something bothering you?” Yifan brushes the elder twin’s tears with a thumb while still holding onto Sehun with his free arm.

 

“I… No… I-I’m sorry, Baba. I-I really didn’t mean to—”

 

“He’s lying!!! He shouted at me again!!!”

 

Sehun aggressively pants and gasps in between his cries after he shouts. “What in the world is going on?” The three of them search for the source of a familiar soft voice. “Good gracious,” Yifan carefully carries the twins to his hips before striding towards eight months pregnant Junmyeon who has just come downstairs without any help by his side, “What were you thinking coming here all alone?”

 

He doesn’t even sound like he’s scolding his omega since apprehensive has shadowed his stern expression on his face, not noticing the twins have calmed down as they’re ogling their male mother’s plump belly. Junmyeon only sends him an apologetic smile by his alpha’s concern. He then takes notice of the trail of tears on the twins’ cheeks. “They were fighting,” Yifan explains, eyeing Jongin and Sehun who quickly hide their faces into his torso from his piercing gaze.

 

Once he puts them down on the floor, the twins immediately head to Junmyeon’s side to him to the living area so that their Mama won’t step on their toys. “Didn’t I tell you both to clean up after playing?” Yifan grumpily scolds after spotting the scattered car toys and lego bricks on the carpet. The twins hide their selves by snuggling into Junmyeon’s arms after seated on the couch. Yifan sighs before eventually cleaning up the mess.

 

He then sits next to his spouse after he’s done. “Please don’t get angry,” Junmyeon timidly tells his alpha, “They’re still kids…” Once again, Yifan sighs, his slight anger fading almost quickly. Meanwhile, Jongin and Sehun are glaring at each other. Junmyeon notices it of course, “Can any of you both tell me what happened?” Instantly, the twins become jumpy as they chant ‘Me, me, me!’

 

“Boys, calm down,” Yifan has already placed a safe hand on Junmyeon’s bulging stomach while eyeing them both, “You’re going to hurt your Mama if you boys continue doing that.” Little Sehun practically jumps onto his Baba’s thighs and sits there comfortably, sending a sharp stare towards his elder twin. Little Jongin has his short limbs curled around his Mama’s arm, doing the same as his younger twin.

 

“Are you going to tell me or not?”

 

Junmyeon pouts at them, voice all motherly. Yifan tries his very best not to kiss him in front of their children. Sehun is back to hide his face into his father’s shirt as he starts first, “Nini shouted at me.” Junmyeon looks surprised. He peers down to the boy and tilts his chin upwards, “Why did you do that, Jongin?” Said boy gulps, eyes darting somewhere else, his face still gentle in his male mother’s hold.

 

“You can tell me, Nini. Don’t be scared,” Junmyeon comforts as he fondly pats the boy’s hair. Jongin blinks back his tears, “Hunnie said that we think alike and I said twins should look alike too but he didn’t agree with me after I said we didn’t look alike and he said we look like Baba but I said he looked like Baba but Hunnie said I look like Baba too and I shouted at him that I don’t look like Mama or even like Baba so I… I…”

 

Junmyeon coos, slowly ruffling the elder twin’s hair before leaving a peck on his little nose, already knowing his concern. Sehun witnesses it. The boy huffs into his father’s shirt in jealousy. He wants a kiss too. “And you. Why did you think that Jongin hates you, Sehun?” Said boy pouts up to his mother, gripping his father’s shirt with his tiny fists, “Be-Because Nini never shouted at me before…”

 

He cries again, unable to stop his tears. Jongin does the same. “There, there,” Junmyeon pats the twins’ heads to calm them. Yifan runs a hand in circular motions on the younger twin’s back while cooing comforting words. “Why did you actually shout at him, Nini?” Junmyeon knows there’s something else the elder twin is trying to hide just by the surprised look on his face. He wants him to spill it out.

 

“I-It’s nothing, Mama—”

 

“Didn’t I tell you before that I don’t like liars?”

 

Junmyeon smiles motherly, encouraging the boy to spill whatever he’s hiding. Yifan only watches in silence, a small smile resting on his lips. “I… I’m sad…” The parents become worried in an instant. Jongin? Sad? That’s never in the boy’s dictionary. “Why are you sad, Nini?” He cradles the elder twin a little closer as he questions. “Be-Because I don’t even look like you or Baba,” Jongin sniffles.

 

Before he can cry again, Junmyeon stops him, “You do look like us, Nini. If you don’t want to believe me, wait till you’re older, okay? I’m sure you’ll look like us.” Jongin stops sniffling as he stares up to his mother with hopeful eyes, “Really… ?” Junmyeon nods thrice before sending him a warm smile, “Is that why you shouted at Sehun? Because you’re upset that you don’t look like either one of us?”

 

Jongin feels so embarrassed until he flushes. The pink blooming on his cheeks looks so, so adorable until Junmyeon can’t help himself to pinch them. The boy whines out loud as a result. “Nini, if anyone ever tells you that you don’t look like us, don’t care about them, okay? It doesn’t change the fact that you’re still my son. Our son,” He kisses on Jongin’s closed eyelids and wipes away the dried trail of tears.

 

“Thank you, Mama…”

 

Jongin shyly looks at him which causes Junmyeon to smile wide. Yifan smiles too. Not until the boy in his hold whines and wriggles, probably for attention. “Nini, what do you say if you had hurt someone?” Junmyeon gives him a hint. Jongin nods obediently. The boy tucks himself in between his parents before poking onto his younger twin’s arm, “Hunnie?” Said boy whines as he turns his face to the opposite way.

 

“Hunnie… Nini wants to say sorry properly to you. Can you look at me?”

 

Yifan encourages the boy in his hold with a little nudge. Sehun is still gripping his father’s shirt, his head unhurriedly turning to Jongin’s way, brows upturned, clearly showing that he’s hurt. Jongin is taken aback by his younger twin’s gaze and he tears up but before that, he must apologize. He bravely takes Sehun’s hands where his twin doesn’t even react to it, “I’m sorry, Hunnie.”

 

Sehun sniffles once, twice, before there’s nothing. Yifan and Junmyeon share a worried glance. “I’m still angry at you,” Little Sehun mumbles after yanking his hands away from his elder twin’s hold. Jongin grins because his younger twin doesn’t even sound angry, “Really? Why do I feel that you’ll be whining for me to play with you later?” Sehun snorts into his father’s shirt, “I’ll play with Sophie. Not you.”

 

The parents share a soft laugh, glancing at each other once again, knowing that the twins’ argument is officially over. “With Sophie?” Sehun nods, “Un.” Jongin giggles which causes Sehun to look at his elder twin, “Sophie won’t play with us until she’s a year old.” Sehun frowns, looking up to his father before to his male mother, “Sophie will play with me, right?” Junmyeon nods with a smile, “I just felt her kick.”

 

The twins’ expressions abruptly change as they ask more questions. “Whoa there, give your Mama a break. Both of you have done enough just by waking him up from his sleep,” Yifan interrupts their train full of questions where his spouse isn’t able to answer them. “We’re sorry,” Jongin and Sehun apologize at the same time, face all solemn. Junmyeon sends a quick smile of gratitude towards his alpha.

 

“Oh before you go, Mama, we want to know how Sophie got here,” Jongin gently pats twice on his male mother’s big tummy. Junmyeon’s face flushes within seconds as he tries to come up with a false answer. “You’ll know it when you’re older,” Yifan answers for him while he ruffles their hair affectionately. The twins pout at him. Yifan already knows their tricks, “Nu-uh. That’s not gonna work on me this time. Come on, let’s bring your Mama and your baby sister to bed.”

 

At that, the boys scramble to their feet. “You okay?” Yifan whispers next to his omega’s ear once they’re in the bedroom, settling Junmyeon on the bed. “Un… M’ okay,” Junmyeon replies with a tired smile. “Sleep well, Sophie. You too, Mama.” The twins kiss on their mother’s cheeks before grinning wide. “Promise Mama that both of you won’t shout at each other?” They give Junmyeon their biggest nod.

 

“Baba will be with Mama for a while, okay?”

 

Their Baba said only for a while but the twins are smart enough to know what it means. It’s ‘Baba and Mama time’. So they kiss on their father’s cheeks before fleeing off from there, giving their parents to spend their needed time. “I’m really sorry, Hunnie,” Jongin tugs onto his younger twin’s shirt, eyes casting to the floor, face guilty. Sehun smiles before lacing their fingers together, “Let’s play together, Nini.” The twins then scramble downstairs as they chase each other.

 

They end up making a mess again with their toys in the living room. “You raised them well,” Junmyeon mumbles into his alpha’s warm neck, fighting the urge to stay awake as he wants to take in Yifan’s scent as much as he can. “We raised them well,” Yifan corrects his husband before stealing a kiss. Heat pools on Junmyeon’s cheeks just like always whenever his alpha pampers him. One kiss turns into two and soon into more.

 

Junmyeon finds himself falling into a deep slumber within their languid kisses. Yifan presses a long peck near Junmyeon’s temple after completely laying him flat on the mattress. “Thank you for everything,” He leaves another kiss on Junmyeon’s forehead before leaning away with a smile. “Thank you too,” He caresses Junmyeon’s round belly, having a pleased and happy smile on his face once he feels a kick. “Have a good rest,” He wishes, spending a few minutes more to cherish the omega’s sweet scent before leaving as silently as possible.

 

Once he reaches downstairs, he shakes his head at the sight. Wherever his eyes land on, there are toys scattered everywhere. Again. He’s about to give an earful to the twins not until he spots an adorable sight. Jongin and Sehun are sleeping, their arms curled tightly around each other, their small bodies surrounded by their toys. Yifan almost tears up at the cute sight. They must have been tired of playing with their toys.

 

He carries both of them easily before settling them on Jongin’s bed. Sehun suddenly clutches onto his shirt just when he’s about to place him next to his elder twin. He croons next to his ear, patting his back as he walks around their room for a while until the boy calms down. Sehun automatically clings to Jongin even in his sleep. Yifan smiles fondly. He decides to stay here for a few minutes as he recalls a memory a few months back.

 

“Sehunnie, Jonginnie, wake up.”

 

Yifan takes his turn to help his excited omega, “Boys, wake up. Mama has something to tell you both.” A yawn and a whine later, the twins stare at them with sleepy eyes, their hair adorably sticking out at different angles. Yifan fixes their tousled hair with a smile as Junmyeon breaks the news to them, “We’re going to have a baby sister in the house!” Jongin and Sehun blink a few times. Their eyes then expand in surprise.

 

Both jump towards their mother as they cheer in joy, having their full arms around Junmyeon’s neck in a deathful grip where Junmyeon doesn’t seem to mind it at all. Yifan pouts, “I deserve some credit too.” He resists the urge to grin once he spots the instant pink on his spouse’s cheeks. He receives a quick peck just before the twins have a battle where who can hug the tightest.

 

Yifan chortles at the memory, mindlessly running his fingers through the boys’ hair from time to time. He makes a mental note to bring the boys to the salon for a haircut. After cleaning the little mess in the living room (again), he heads upstairs. Yifan slips under the duvet next to Junmyeon who stirs just by the little movement. “Go back to sleep,” He buries his nose against Junmyeon’s soft hair, the omega’s velvety scent instantly washing away his exhaustion.

 

“I missed you…”

 

Yifan smiles warmly at this before claiming Junmyeon’s soft lips. They stay like that a little longer this time. “The twins… ?” The shorter male questions drowsily after they pull away for air. “Sleeping,” Yifan answers before he leans in for another. Junmyeon hums in contentment, trying to stay awake as he accidentally slept earlier. “Sophia is kicking a lot these days…” A hand settles on his belly in an instant.

 

“She must be impatient to see her brothers,” Yifan presses his lips on his omega’s plump stomach after lifting the shirt a bit. Junmyeon blushes at the gesture before he smiles sleepily, “That must be it…” Yifan returns next to his side and stares at him with a fond look, “I’m very happy with you.” Junmyeon wants to hide his face but he can’t even move with his large belly so he whines, closing his eyes shut.

 

“Do you feel the same?”

 

Junmyeon nods, still not looking at his alpha. “Hey.” He peeks an eye open towards his alpha and sees him smiling. “Go to sleep. You need a lot of rest.” Junmyeon doesn’t want to sleep, to be honest. It’s hard for him to fall asleep and it’s hard for him to wake up. It was the same when he was pregnant with the twins. Yifan starts playing with his hair while he croons, and Junmyeon can’t remember when he falls asleep.

 

Yifan tears the packet away but he’s stopped by his omega who’s looking at him with a pleading gaze. He sighs, the words heavy on his tongue, “Junmyeon, I don’t think—” “I want another child,” Junmyeon cuts him off sternly as he throws the away. A quick flashback of Junmyeon being in pain while giving birth to the twins causes Yifan to flinch. The memory sure makes to be traumatized.

 

“I don’t want to lose you…”

 

He rests his forehead on Junmyeon’s bare chest, his forearms resting on either side of his head as he remembers Junmyeon’s screams of pain. He remembers how the doctors went panic. He also remembers how he could only stare at his omega helplessly from afar. Junmyeon blinks as he doesn’t understand a thing. Yifan sniffles, tears dropping onto Junmyeon’s chest, “The doctors almost lost you, Junmyeon. I almost lost you…”

 

Junmyeon then gets it. He gets everything now. He understands why Yifan has never talked about having another child after the twins were born. Yifan is scared. His alpha is scared to have another child because he’s afraid that he will lose him. His alpha is scared that he won’t make it. “Yifan,” He softly calls, sending a small smile as if he isn’t in heat after their eyes meet.

 

“I’ll be fine,” Junmyeon cradles his face, the pad of his thumbs rubbing circles underneath his alpha’s teary eyes, “I’ll be fine, Yifan. I just know it.” Yifan stares at him for a while. His omeg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter