Final

Mistakes Are Meant To Be Made

“Saranghaeyo,” Yoongi sang as the broadcast came to an end.

“Annyeong!” Hoseok cried, followed by Taehyung as he ended the V Live.

“Wah…” Taehyung breathed, still in disbelief of the situation.

“Our first billboard award guys. Can you believe it?” Namjoon questioned.

“We’re going to move onto to even bigger and better things. I can feel it!” Hoseok exclaimed, his beaming smile lighting up the room.

“Well before we do any of that I need to get some food in me.” Jin replied.

“Food!” Taehyung and Jungkook shouted in unison as they rushed to get the room service menu. Ordering up a feast and a celebratory bottle of champagne, Jin uncorked the bottle before pouring the fizzy liquid into each member’s glass, the memory of drenched members and broken glass making them think twice about giving their leader the honour. Jungkook looked around at the other members with their champagne and then looked down at his own glass of orange juice.

“Why do I have to be 21 here?” Jungkook grumbled to himself as he sipped his soft drink.

“I’d like to raise a toast.” Suga announced as he lifted his glass. “To Kim Namjoon. The best leader,” Yoongi started.

“The best rapper,” Hoseok continued.

“The best brain,” Taehyung followed.

“The best dancer,” Jungkook teased, making the others chuckle.

“The best brother,” Jimin added.

“And the best friend,” Jin murmured, smiling at his dongsaeng.

“Kim Namjoon.” The other members toasted as Namjoon grinned, touched by the gesture.

“It’s all thanks to you. Without you guys, I would have never have gotten through my trainee days and debut, all the way up to now. Thank you for making my dreams a reality. I love you guys.” Namjoon responded as tears brimmed at his eyes.

“Aigoo, Namjoon-ah,” The oldest cooed as he wrapped him up in his motherly embrace. Namjoon returned the hug, allowing a few tears to spill over.

“Ahhh!” Everyone else cried as the rest of the members came over to form a big group hug with Jin and Namjoon sandwiched in the middle. After a few seconds, Namjoon pulled away and quickly wiped his eyes.

“Alright, let’s party!” Namjoon declared.

“Yeah!” Everyone cheered.


After a few hours of food, drinks and games, the boys decided to call it a night.

“Goodnight.” Namjoon said as the others started to make their way out of his room. Yawning, they waved a hand as they left. Turning around, Namjoon noticed that Jin and Yoongi were still there cleaning up. Going over to help them, he went to get the bin and held it out for the two eldest to put all the rubbish into before leaving it by the door for housekeeping to take out.

“Goodnight hyung.” Namjoon repeated to the eldest rapper.

“Mm,” Yoongi muttered as he left the room soon followed by Jin.

“Goodnight Jin hyung,” Namjoon whispered, smiling, as he stood at the door.

“Goodnight Namjoon-ah.” Jin returned, his expression mirroring the younger’s. They stared at each other for a few seconds before Namjoon slowly closed the door. Breathing out a short laugh, Jin turned around to see Yoongi smirking at him. “What?” Jin asked.

“Just tell him how you feel already.” Yoongi told him causing a red flush to creep up Jin’s neck.

“W-What are you talking about?” Jin lied.

“I know you’ve liked him since pre-debut so don’t even deny it.” Yoongi remarked, making him sigh.

“How did you know?” Jin wondered.

“Hyung, everyone knows.” Yoongi stated.

“Everyone!” Jin shouted before slapping a hand over his mouth and looking back towards Namjoon’s room. No movement. Sighing in relief, Jin quickly hurried them over to his room before giving Yoongi a look that said ‘How?’.

“You two act so sickeningly cute around each other how we could not know?” Yoongi answered as he walked towards his room. “It’s been four years already. Just have some balls and tell him the truth.” Yoongi said.

“Well, I guess you should follow your own advice and confess to Jimin then.” Jin retorted as he entered his room, chuckling as a strained cough was heard from down the corridor.


“Okay guys, this is your last day in the US, so you can spend it how you like.” The staff informed the boys.

“Woohoo!” “Yeah!” Hoseok and Jimin cheered as they jumped around.

“Taehyung, let’s go to the Adventuredome!” Jungkook cried, excitedly, as he grabbed an equally enthusiastic Taehyung by the hand and they ran out of the room.

“Wait for us!” Jimin shouted as he and Hoseok chased after them. Yoongi sighed as he followed behind.

“Yoongi, you’re going too?” Jin questioned, confused.

“Someone has to be there to hold their hands when they inevitably wet themselves.” Yoongi replied, making Jin smile knowing who he was really going for.

“So, what are your plans, Jin-hyung?” Namjoon queried.

“I’m not sure. I haven’t decided yet.” Jin answered.

“Well, I was planning on going to Shark Reef aquarium. If you don’t have any plans, do you want to come with me?” Namjoon offered, crossing his fingers behind his back.

“Oh, I haven't been to an aquarium in ages! Sure, sounds fun.” Jin agreed.

“Great, let’s go.” Namjoon responded, calmly, but internally he was jumping for joy.


“Wow.” Jin breathed as they entered the tunnel. Completely surrounded by glass, Jin looked up and waved at the schools of fish that swam by as he got a glimpse of life under the sea. “They look so free.” Jin smiled wistfully as he dropped his hand to his side.

“Jin-hyung?” Namjoon said, looking at him in concern. Jin just shook his head in response. “What is it? You can tell me.” Namjoon reassured him. Jin looked at him and the worry was clearly evident in his dongsaeng’s eyes. Sighing, Jin smiled at Namjoon with half-lidded eyes.

“Okay, but not here.” Jin conceded suddenly making Namjoon aware of the thousands of eyes that were fixed on them. Jin quickly ushered them into a small room just off the side of the tunnel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The room was silent aside from the soft sounds of the various sea creatures. Light illuminated the space giving off a golden glow. Jin sat down on the edge of a concrete flower bed and Namjoon followed suit.

“What’s wrong, hyung? Are you getting stressed out by the schedule? Is it me or the group or-” Namjoon babbled before Jin held up his hand, effectively cutting him off.

“It's not any of that. Yes, things can be hectic at times but seeing all our hard work come to fruition and our dreams come true…” Jin began. “It makes all those hours of stress and fatigue suddenly worth it.” Jin stated, making Namjoon smile. “The thing is…” Jin added as he absentmindedly started playing with the flower petals. “While it's great that our talents are finally being recognised, our lives won't ever be the same.” Jin continued as he braced both his hands against the concrete ledge and turned to face the tanks. “Always looking over our shoulders, having to be hyper aware of our actions and what we can or can’t do in case the media misconstrue it in some way. That’s why I’m jealous of these fish because unlike them we’ll never be free again.” Jin finished.

Namjoon’s heart was breaking. He’s never seen his hyung like this. Being the eldest, he always has to be the strongest one, the responsible parent of the group. Seeing Jin so fragile just makes him want to hold him tight, kiss him all over and tell him everything will be alright. But he can’t so instead he gently places his hand atop the elder’s causing the latter to look down at the gesture before looking up at the rapper.

“You’re right. Our lives won't be the same as before. But they’ll be better, and even if there are difficult times ahead remember this. You never walk alone.” Namjoon told him.

“Thank you,” Jin whispered, smiling softly. A comfortable silence fell upon them until something over Namjoon's shoulder caught Jin's eye. A large shadow moved closer until a giant set of teeth, mouth wide open, emerged from the darkness. “Aargh!” Jin screamed, jumping forward into Namjoon’s arms. Reacting quickly, Namjoon wrapped his arms around the elder’s waist before turning around to look at the terrifying creature.

“Hyung, it's just a shark,” Namjoon informed him, chuckling. Clearing his throat, Jin removed Namjoon's arms from around his waist and moved back.

“Yeah well, it just caught me off guard that’s all.” Jin replied, standing up. “Let's go get food, I’m hungry.” Jin said, walking off.

‘So cute.’ Namjoon thought to himself, following the vocalist.


“Alright Jimin, you know the punishment. You’ve got to ride this.” Jungkook stated, pointing towards the towering monster in the sky. Jimin visibly gulped as a wave of nausea washed over him.

"Yah Jimin, you don't have to ride it," Hoseok murmured.

"Yes, I do. A deal's a deal so, as a man, I will face the consequences." Jimin retorted.

'Besides, I have something to prove.’ Jimin thought to himself.

"C'mon, let's get this over with." Jimin decided, standing tall, as he walked towards the ride, Jungkook and Taehyung following behind.

~ 10 minutes later ~

Yoongi walked towards the ride, slightly confused when he saw Hoseok standing by himself.

"Hyung, what took you so long?!" Hoseok shouted.

"There was a long queue for the toilet.” Yoongi responded. "Where's Jimin?" Yoongi wondered.

"He went to ride El Loco." Hoseok answered.

"Aish. I told him he didn't have to," Yoongi muttered.

"So did I, but you know what Jimin's like. He doesn't want his dongsaeng's to think he's a coward." Hoseok commented.

"Yeah, all the while forgetting that he's most likely going to have a panic attack once he gets on." Yoongi stated. "Wait here, I'll be back." Yoongi said as he walked off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimin took deep shaky breaths as he wobbled towards the front of the queue. The familiar feeling of queasiness bubbled up in his stomach as his eyes trailed up all 90 feet of the ride. Grabbing onto the metal barrier, he watched as the current riders strapped themselves in. Excited screams ripped through the air as they car dropped straight down. At the same time, Jimin felt his stomach lurch as he gripped the metal tightly, his knuckles turning white.

“Jimin-ah, you don’t have to force yourself to ride this with us. I know you don’t like roller coasters that much.” Taehyung remarked.

“Yeah hyung. I know I said you had to ride it, but I don’t want to make you uncomfortable.” Jungkook added, feeling bad. Sighing, Jimin turned towards his dongsaengs.

“Thank you for being concerned, but I’m fine, honestly. I agreed to the bet, so I will carry out the punishment.” Jimin reassured them, more to convince himself than them. The younger two gave each other an uneasy look before nodding at Jimin. Turning back around, Jimin swallowed thickly as he watched the passengers get out of the car. That meant only one thing. They were next.

“Three of you?” The ride operator asked them as he opened the barrier. Jimin opened his mouth to answer when a voice interrupted him.

“Four.” The voice corrected causing the maknae line to turn around.

"Yoongi hyung! What are you doing here?” Jimin wondered, surprised.

“You all went off without even asking if I wanted to come. Aish, such rude dongsaengs,” Yoongi grumbled as he moved his way to the front, the maknaes following behind. Jimin took the left seat next to Yoongi, Jungkook and Taehyung sitting right in front of them.

Yoongi noticed Jimin’s hands were shaking while holding onto the safety bar. Slowly reaching over, he placed his left hand atop Jimin’s right, looking away to hide his blush. Jimin blinked down at their hands and then looked at Yoongi, his lips tugging up into a small smile. Feeling his cheeks burn from the younger’s stare, Yoongi’s eyes widened in surprise as he felt a small hand clasp his own. His heart fluttered in his chest as he ducked his head to hide the smile that crept onto his face.

“Here we go,” Jimin whispered as he gripped Yoongi’s hand tightly. The ride jolted to a start and moved forward, swiftly approaching the steep incline. “Om-ma!” Jimin screamed as they dropped.

“Aaahhhh!” Yoongi yelled, laughing. About half-way, Jimin relaxed a little and released Yoongi’s hand as they lifted their arms screaming in excitement. As the ride came to a stop, Jimin got out and placed a hand on his chest to try and still his rapidly racing heart.

“That was awesome!” Jungkook commented as the four of them made their way over to Hoseok.

“Yoongi hyung!” Jimin called causing him to stop and turn back. “Thank you.” Jimin thanked him, giving him a quick hug before running towards the others. Even though Yoongi said that he wanted to go on the ride, a little part of him thinks that the main reason was help keep him calm. At least that’s what he hopes.


When the five boys returned from the amusement park, Jin and Namjoon were waiting for them with Chinese takeout.

“Did you boys have fun?” Jin inquired.

“The best!” Jungkook answered. Jin smiled at the boys but then started laughing when he saw Taehyung walk in.

“Looks like you had the best time, Taehyung-ah.” Jin remarked as the brunette sat down on the sofa, a medium-sized Eevee plush in his hands.

“Kookie won it for me! He had to shoot 3 out of 5 hoops at the stall and he got all 5!” Taehyung exclaimed, his box smile on full display.

“That was nice of you, Jungkook.” Namjoon said, smiling.

“Well, I know that Tae Tae hyung likes Pokémon, so…” Jungkook trailed off, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

“Aww, thanks Kookie!” Taehyung thanked him as he pulled him into a hug causing Jungkook to blush. Everyone knew about the maknae’s crush on the 4D vocalist except said person himself.


The next day, the 7 members gathered up their things and left for the airport. Upon arrival, they checked in their baggage and waited for departure.

"Okay, let's sort seats. Who's going to sit with who?" Hoseok queried.

"I pick Jimin!" Taehyung cried, grabbing his best friend by the arm and pulling him towards him. Jin noticed the sad expression on Jungkook's face which went unnoticed by Taehyung.

"Then I pick Yoongi!" Hoseok decided, moving to stand beside his fellow rapper.

Taehyung opened his mouth to speak when he was cut off.

"Jungkook." Yoongi interrupted, pulling Jungkook to him before Taehyung could say anything.

"Aw hyung!" Taehyung whined.

"There's no way I'm letting you three sit together. There would never be any peace. " Yoongi explained, making Taehyung pout.

"Looks like it's you and me then." Namjoon said to Jin, smiling. Jin beamed back in response.


After checking in their luggage, the members boarded the plane and quietly sat through the safety checks. Once they had taken off, they all resumed their own activities. Yoongi was asleep, Hoseok was on his phone and Namjoon had left to go to the bathroom. The 95 liners were messing around; filming themselves pulling silly faces which caused the other to burst out laughing. All the while Jungkook was looking on from behind, his eyes full of longing as he stared at the Daegu boy whose boxy smiles were being brought out by someone that wasn’t him.

Suddenly, Jungkook felt soft fingers gently rake through his hair. Blinking in surprise, he turned around to find Jin peering through the gap between his and Yoongi’s seat, looking at him sympathetically. Smiling weakly, Jungkook sat back in his seat as he plugged in his earphones and stared out the window, leaning into the eldest’s comforting touch.

“It’ll be okay,” Jin breathed, continuing his ministrations. He knew exactly what the younger was going through. Having to love someone from the sidelines because the world’s spotlight is on you. He wished he could help the lovelorn vocalist, but it wouldn’t do any good if anyone else told Jungkook about Taehyung’s feelings for him. That was something that he had to find out for himself. Besides, he’s not exactly in a position to help anyone when he can’t even sort out his own relationship with the group’s leader. Speaking of whom, was on his way back from the bathroom so Jin slowly disentangled his hand from Jungkook’s hair and sat back, smiling at Namjoon as he sat down.

“Want to watch a film?” Namjoon asked.

“I looked but there isn’t a lot of choice.” Jin pointed out.

“I downloaded a few on my iPad.” Namjoon replied, holding the tablet up.

“Ohhh! You are very smart guy, Namjoon.” Jin complimented in English, making Namjoon chuckle. “Which films do you have?” Jin inquired, peering down at Namjoon’s tablet.

“I have movies and dramas. So, there’s Twenty, She Was Pretty, Boys Over Flowers, Pretty Woman and Me Before You.” Namjoon told him. Jin smiled at the fact that Namjoon had downloaded a couple of his favourites.

“Well, as good as some of those are, I think I’m going to have to go with ‘She Was Pretty’. Taehyung recommended it because of the story and Park Seo Joon, one of his Hwarang hyungs, is one of the main characters.” Jin decided. Namjoon nodded and loaded the first episode, plugging in his earphones and handing one to Jin. Placing the earphone in his right ear, Jin shifted in his seat as Namjoon held the iPad between them.

“Why don’t you just build a tower?” Ha Ri said, an apple placed before her compared to the massive bowl of rice in front of Hye Jin.

“Oh, she eats like you do, Jin hyung,” Namjoon teased earning a slap on the arm from the eldest.

“Be quiet.” Jin responded. Namjoon spent the rest of airplane ride only half-paying attention to the drama instead taking interest in observing the person beside him.

“Team Manager, stop! Stop, stop, stop, stop, stop, stop!” Hye Jin screamed as she ran across the office in comedic fashion before tearing up her resignation letter.

Jin immediately cracked up, slapping Namjoon’s arm, his eyes scrunched up and infamous windshield laugh echoing throughout the aircraft. Covering his mouth in an attempt to muffle his laughter, Jin tried to calm himself down, finding it difficult to contain his giggles. Namjoon chuckled to himself, explaining the situation to Hoseok who had turned around to see what was going on.

“Do you know what kind of people I think are really pathetic? People who are only hard-working but have nothing to be proud of. Like you.” Sung Joon stated.

“But it was your fault! Don’t blame poor Hye Jin, she’s only trying her best!” Jin whisper-shouted, his hands curled into fists. Namjoon smiled at the eldest, his face pulled into an adorable frown.

“Cute,” Namjoon murmured.

“What?” Jin asked, turning towards him. Namjoon’s eyes widened, realising he had said that out loud.

“Uh, n-nothing!” Namjoon stuttered, turning his attention back to the drama playing in front of him. Jin smirked, a light pink blush dusting his cheeks as he turned back towards the screen.

As they continued to watch the light-hearted, zany drama, they were in the middle of episode 6 when Namjoon felt a sudden weight on his shoulder. Looking down, Namjoon noticed that Jin had fallen asleep, lips cutely parted and a soft, peaceful expression on his face.

“You look so carefree,” Namjoon uttered. “What kind of burdens do you carry that you don’t tell anyone about?” Namjoon wondered, thinking back to their conversation at the aquarium. Looking around, Namjoon made sure that no-one was watching before reaching down and slowly brushing the hair out of Jin’s eyes. His hand lingered for a few seconds before he retracted it and grabbed his iPad. He paused the drama and opened a word document feeling a sudden inspiration for new lyrics while he savoured this moment.


After that, the tour went on smoothly; the group performed well, Jin delighted ARMY with his many hidden hearts and the budding relationship between the leader and the eldest was stronger than ever. Nothing could come between them. At least, that’s what Jin thought…

They’d just finished up their first lot of Japan concerts and were now back home, resting before they set off again in two days’ time. Currently, the members are sitting in the living room, relaxing, except for Yoongi who was in his studio, working.

“Jin hyung, do you have more heart events planned for the rest of the tour?” Jungkook queried.

“Of course.” Jin replied.

“What else can you do though? You’ve made a tissue heart, taken a heart-shaped hanger out of your shirt and you’ve even hidden a tiny heart in the bottom of your microphone!” Jimin exclaimed.

“Well, you’ll just have to wait and see.” Jin told them with a wink before going off to his room. A couple of minutes later, he came back out wearing an oversized baby blue sweatshirt over a pair of black skinny jeans accompanied by a pair of black high-top trainers.

“Hyung, where are you going?” Hoseok wondered.

“Oh, I’m just going to the supermarket to buy a few things. Since we’ve been having take-out for the past couple of weeks, I thought it would be nice to have a home-cooked meal. Just a little something for everyone since we’ve all done so well.” Jin informed them.

“Yay, thanks hyung!” Taehyung cheered, running up to him and enveloping him in a back hug. Chuckling, Jin patted Taehyung’s head.

"What are you making?” Jungkook inquired.

“I was thinking of doing something simple like kalguksu.” Jin answered, removing Taehyung’s arms from around his stomach.

“My favourite!” Namjoon cried, happily.

“Oh yeah, it is, isn’t it?” Jin said as he walked towards the front door, hiding a small smirk.


That evening, Jin was shuffling around the kitchen, getting all the ingredients ready to start cooking.

“Hyung, how long until dinner will be ready?” Taehyung asked, hovering in the doorway alongside Jungkook.

“About an hour or so. You boys go play, I’ll call you when it’s done.” Jin responded.

“Okay. Kookie, let’s go play overwatch!” Taehyung decided as the two maknaes ran off to Taehyung’s room. Getting out his phone, Jin pressed play on his music and started chopping the onions. As he was cutting, a knock on the countertop was heard from behind, making him turn around.

“Hey. Do you need any help? Or some company?” Namjoon offered.

“I’m fine in terms of help, but some company would be nice.” Jin replied, rubbing his eyes with the sleeve of his shirt. Realising immediately, Namjoon grabbed a tissue and went over to Jin, wiping away the onion induced tears. “Thank you.” Jin thanked him as he continued to chop. They carried on like this, the two of them chatting comfortably together while Jin cooked, Namjoon next to him with his back leaning against the countertop. “Actually, Namjoon, if you want to help you could make the noodles.” Jin suggested.

“Okay, just tell me what to do.” Namjoon agreed as Jin placed a chopping board and rolling pin in front of him and handed him a ball of dough.

“Now, just watch me.” Jin told him. “First, roll the dough out flat but not too thin.” Jin instructed, rolling out the dough. He watched as Namjoon slowly but forcefully rolled the dough, putting all his strength into it. “Yep, that’s enough. Now, fold the dough over about 3 or 4 times.” Jin continued, Namjoon following. He folded the dough a bit loosely but Jin payed it no mind. “Alright, now just cut the dough into thin noodles.” Jin finished, quickly slicing up the dough. Once he was done, he noticed that Namjoon was only ¼ of the way through the dough, clearly not confident in his cutting skills. Chuckling, Jin went to stand behind Namjoon and placed his hands on top of his. “Just like this.” Jin said as he guided Namjoon’s hands and helped him to cut the rest of the dough.

“Thanks. I guess I still need practice,” Namjoon mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck.

“You were doing fine. You just need a bit more confidence.” Jin commented, adding the noodles to the boiling pot of water.

“What should we do with these?” Namjoon questioned, gesturing to the chopping boards and rolling pins.

“Let’s clean them up…like this!” Jin exclaimed, gathering all the flour into one spot on the board before blowing it into Namjoon’s face. Snickering behind closed lips, Jin quickly grabbed his phone and took a picture of their flour-faced leader.

“Give it to me.” Namjoon ordered, holding his hand out. Jin shook his head in response. “Hyung, give it to me!” Namjoon repeated, making a grab for the phone only for Jin to nimbly slip away. Sighing, Namjoon spotted something out of the corner of his eye, making him grin. Slightly confused, Jin’s eyes widened when he saw Namjoon holding the bag of flour.

“No. Namjoon…” Jin started, inching backwards.

“Come here.” Namjoon commanded, lowly, walking towards him.

“Namjoon. No!” Jin cried dashing out of the kitchen.

“Get back here!” Namjoon yelled chasing after him. Catching up to the elder, Namjoon tackled him onto the sofa before throwing a handful of flour in his face.

“Yah!” Jin shouted, coughing up a cloud of flour. “That was unfair.” Jin complained.

“Well then, you shouldn’t start something if you can’t finish it.” Namjoon retorted, smirking smugly, making Jin’s eyebrow twitch in annoyance.

“Oh, I’ll finish it alright,” Jin growled as he grabbed the bag of flour and flipped Namjoon on his back so that he was now straddling him. Instantly, Namjoon scrunched up his eyes and covered his face with his hands. Breathing out a laugh, Jin placed the bag down on the table and gently pried the leader’s hands away from his face. “Don’t worry, I won’t do anything. Peace?” Jin offered, holding out his hand.

“Peace.” Namjoon agreed, shaking Jin’s hand as they both started chuckling. Once their laughter subsided, they soon became very aware of the position that they were in, but neither one dared to move. Both held in place by the undeniable that was sizzling between them.

“We should go and check on the noodles,” Namjoon whispered, suddenly, his voice cutting through the silence that had fallen upon the room. His brain was telling him to run, to get out of there, but he was transfixed by the elder’s intense gaze.

“There’s still a few minutes left.” Jin responded, monotonously. You could see the cogs turning in his head, a conflicted expression on his face.

How long had they been lying here? It had only been 30 seconds, but it felt like an eternity to Namjoon. Swallowing thickly, Namjoon nervously wet his lips, worrying his bottom lip between his teeth. Jin’s eyes darted to the younger’s lips, following the movement. Suddenly, his face went blank, eyes darkening with lust. He had decided.

Leaning down, Jin stopped mere inches away from Namjoon’s face. Breath hitching in his throat, Namjoon’s eyes widened as he froze in shock.

“Hyung,” Namjoon breathed, taking in a shaky breath. Jin’s eyes trailed back to meet the rapper’s.

“Just tell me to stop,” Jin murmured, moving closer. Soon enough, the eldest’s lips were pressed against the leader’s. Namjoon’s body tensed up before relaxing as he melted into the kiss, eyes fluttering shut. Taking this as a positive sign, Jin cupped Namjoon’s cheeks and tilted his head as he deepened the kiss. The kisses were slow, tender. They relished in the feeling of the other’s lips on theirs, something that they had only ever fantasized about.

As the kisses grew heady, Jin bit down on Namjoon’s bottom lip causing him to gasp, allowing the elder to slip his tongue inside. Namjoon’s hands found purchase on Jin’s upper back as the vocalist’s talented tongue explored his hot cavern, mapping out the unfamiliar territory. Gently on Namjoon’s tongue, Jin increased the pleasure with a skilful roll of his hips, making Namjoon groan into his mouth as he dug his fingers into the elder’s shirt. The two members were completely lost in each other. The only thing that mattered in this moment was them.

“I’m back.” Yoongi announced, shutting the front door behind him. As soon as Yoongi was heard, Namjoon was gone in a flash. Jin opened his eyes only to find empty space beneath him. Did all that just happen, or did he dream it? “Hyung, you have something on your face.” Yoongi cut in, interrupting his thoughts. Lifting his hand, Jin wiped his cheek and looked at the white substance on his fingers. Flour.

“It was real,” Jin uttered, brushing his fingers over his lips, smiling softly. Suddenly, his phone timer went off bringing Jin back to reality as he rushed off to go and check on the noodles. Looking at him weirdly, Yoongi shook his head before moving in the direction of their bedroom.


Dinner was quiet, filled only by the sounds of eating, the members savouring every mouthful as they thanked God for the human being that is Kim Seokjin.

“This is so good, hyung,” Jimin mumbled with a mouthful of food, accidentally spitting some over the others.

“Aish!” The members complained, wiping off the food. “Don’t talk with your mouth full!” Yoongi scolded, shoving him, making Jin giggle.

“How is it, Namjoon?” Jin inquired, a hopeful gleam in his eyes.

“It’s really good. Thank you.” Namjoon thanked him, barely sparing him a glance. His voice was robotic, and a forced smile was plastered on his face. This made Jin frown.

‘Why is he acting so cold? Did he forget what just happened between us?’ Jin thought, confusion etched on his face.

“What’s wrong, hyung?” Hoseok queried, seeing the perplexed look on the eldest’s face.

“Oh, nothing.” Jin lied, smiling at his dongsaeng before continuing to eat, peeking at Namjoon every now and again.


After dinner, the members helped to clear everything away while Jin did the washing up. Cleaning the last plate, he mulled over the events that had transpired between the leader and himself, but he still couldn’t work out why Namjoon acted the way he did during dinner. Turning off the tap, one thing was clear in his mind. He needed answers.

Drying the plate, he put it back in the cupboard before heading straight for Namjoon and Taehyung’s room. Stopping in front of the door, he raised his hand and knocked.

“Namjoon? We need to talk.” Jin said. A few seconds later, the door opened and Namjoon walked straight past Jin. “Namjoon.” Jin called but the younger carried on walking. “Yah!” Jin shouted, storming over to him before grabbing his shoulder, forcing him to stop.

“What?” Namjoon asked, annoyed.

“Why are you being like this? We need to talk about what happ-” Jin began before he was cut off.

“What happened was a mistake.” Namjoon stated, bluntly. Jin’s breath caught in his throat, his eyes widening in shock. “Just forget about it. I have.” Namjoon told him before leaving out the door, the sound of the front door shutting ringing in Jin’s ears.

“A mistake?” Jin breathed, laughing in disbelief, tears pricking at his eyes. “I’m a mistake,” Jin uttered, broken, crumpling onto the floor.


After that day, things changed in the dorm. Namjoon became more closed off, spending all his time in his studio and Jin had become a shell of his former self. He no longer made dad jokes and it had been so long since the members had heard his iconic windshield laugh that it was starting to become a distant memory.

No-one knows what happened to the two of them. The only one close enough to the truth was Yoongi.

Flashback

Yoongi came out of his room and was heading to the kitchen to get a glass of water when he spotted Jin sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall, in the middle of the corridor, a complete blubbering mess.

“Jin hyung? What’s wrong?” Yoongi questioned, crouching down in front of the elder, placing a hand on his shoulder.

“Yoongi!” Jin bawled as he dropped his head onto the rapper’s chest, muffling his cries with his t-shirt. Shocked, Yoongi helped Jin to stand up before slowly leading him to their bedroom, both sitting on Yoongi’s bed.

“What happened?” Yoongi wondered but Jin just shook his head vigorously.

“I…I can’t. I can’t!” Jin cried, hyperventilating, pain and desperation evident in his eyes.

“Hey, hey, hey, it’s okay.” Yoongi reassured him, pulling him towards him. He gently his shoulder as heart-wrenching sobs wracked the elder’s entire body. Yoongi may not appear to be the affectionate type in public but he deeply cares for each and every one of s. Especially the eldest. Being roommates for so long, both had gotten to know one another’s insecurities and last year, when Yoongi started to stress out over the release of his mixtape, Jin had been there for him, supporting and encouraging him all the way. Now it was time for him to return the favour.

End Flashback

Of course, the only ones who saw these changes were the members. In public, any and all interactions between the eldest member and the leader were limited but civil with a few little cute moments thrown in here and there to keep the fans happy. Jin hid his pain so well from the managers and ARMY that if you looked, you wouldn’t be able to tell there was anything wrong at all. He didn’t graduate with a major in acting for nothing.

“Good work." The members said, bowing to all the staff as they made their way out of the concert hall. Heading towards the cars, Jin and Namjoon immediately parted ways, Namjoon going to the first car and Jin going to the second. Sighing, the members split themselves up; Yoongi, Jimin and Jungkook going with Jin and Hoseok and V going with Namjoon, with Sejin following in after them. As the cars pulled out of the parking lot, Jin waved to the many ARMYs that lined the streets wanting to wave them off. With the last fan leaving their sight, Jin’s mask fell as he dropped his head against the glass and stared out the window aimlessly. Grabbing Jin’s hand, Jungkook interlaced their fingers and leaned his head on his shoulder, hating to see the elder having such a hard time.

“Yoongi hyung, I know you probably haven’t said anything out of respect for Jin hyung’s privacy, but we can’t go on like this. What happened between Jin hyung and Namjoon hyung?” Jimin inquired, quietly.

“I wish I could tell you, Jimin, but I really don’t know.” Yoongi told him. “I’ve tried to ask him about it but every time I do he just bursts into tears all over again.” Yoongi added, sighing.

“This must be hard on you too, hyung. You’re the only who gets to see the true agony Jin hyung hides behind closed doors.” Jimin commented. “Just know, if you ever need to let it all out, I’m always here,” Jimin whispered, patting the elder’s hand.

“Thank you, Jimin,” Yoongi thanked him, smiling tiredly at him.


Namjoon was in his studio, as usual, using all his emotional drama to write potential song lyrics. The past few weeks had been sheer torture; having to see the love of his life everyday who had now become nothing but a complete stranger to him. He had become unrecognisable; a blank, lifeless expression on his face with two soulless black eyes seeming to follow you wherever you go. Jin had become a puppet. Only living to do his puppet master’s bidding; attend fansigns and perform at concerts. And it was all his fault. A knock at the door brought him out of his thoughts.

“Namjoon. We need to talk.” Hoseok said, opening the door. Yoongi had told him that he was dealing with Jin and so had asked him to talk to Namjoon, unable to deal with all this drama on his own.

“Why does this feel like déjà vu,” Namjoon muttered, turning around in his chair.

“What is happening with you and Jin hyung?” Hoseok queried.

“Nothing is happening with us.” Namjoon replied, turning away.

“Exactly. That’s the problem.” Hoseok returned, walking over to sit on his desk, crossing his arms. “You two were joint at the hip, always acting cute and lovey dovey around each other. You were basically a married couple.” Hoseok remarked, making Namjoon cough in embarrassment as he felt his cheeks burn.

“Yeah well, that was then,” Namjoon murmured, making Hoseok sigh.

“What did you do?” Hoseok questioned, a slight accusatory tone in his voice.

“Why do you think I did something?!” Namjoon shot back, affronted.

“Oh, come on, Namjoon. God of destruction? If you’re not breaking things, then you’re putting your foot in your mouth. Do you not remember last Christmas?” Hoseok reminded him, making Namjoon sweatdrop. “Either way, whatever you did was obviously much worse. Usually Jin hyung just scolds you and then you’re forgiven but not this time. He’s broken, Namjoon-ah.” Hoseok stated, sadly.

“I know.” Namjoon responded, leaning back on his chair and tilting his head back to look at the ceiling.

“Then fix it. You love him, right? And don’t even try to deny it.” Hoseok cut in with a glare, stopping him from saying anything. “We can’t go on like this, you and I both know that. So, man up and sort this mess out or the rest of us will do it for you.” Hoseok warned him, walking out of the room, leaving Namjoon to ponder over the ultimatum he had been given.

“If only it were that simple,” Namjoon whispered, dropping his head on the desk.


The group had arrived in Sapporo for the last stop on their world tour and were now resting in their hotel after making final preparations for their concert tomorrow. Jimin was sorting through his stuff when a knock came at the door.

“Oh, Yoongi hyung.” Jimin said, surprised. “Is there something you needed?” Jimin asked.

“Um…Can I take you up on your offer?” Yoongi requested, scratching the back of his head, shyly. Jimin smiled at him in response.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Groaning loudly, Yoongi flopped onto Jimin’s bed.

“Long night?” Jimin queried.

“You don’t know the half of it,” Yoongi mumbled into the sheets before turning onto his back to stare up at the ceiling. “Every single night it’s the same. Jin hyung puts in his earphones and plays sad, depressing music until he falls asleep and then he starts saying the same thing over and over again; ‘I’m a mistake.’ I think he keeps on dreaming about what happened.” Yoongi explained. “After that, he wakes up crying at different times during the night and then when I go over to comfort him he cries even more because he feels guilty about me having to look after him.” Yoongi finished, exhaling audibly.

“Sit up for a second.” Jimin instructed. Raising an eyebrow at him, Yoongi shrugged and complied with his order. Behind him, he felt a slight dip in the mattress before his head was being pulled into a warm lap.

“What are you-” Yoongi began before his voice broke off into a low purr at the feeling of soft fingers carding through his silky locks. Slipping his eyes shut, Yoongi sighed contentedly, a subtle smile tugging at his lips. “Tell anyone about this and I’ll murder you in your sleep.” Yoongi threatened, casually, making Jimin chuckle. The two members revelled in the tranquillity, enjoying each other’s presence.

“Hobi spoke to Namjoon a few days ago.” Yoongi informed him, breaking the silence.

“And?” Jimin inquired.

“Namjoon’s not saying anything either. Hoseok didn’t want to push him so he gave him an ultimatum instead; if he doesn’t sort this out then we will.” Yoongi told him.

“Do you think he’ll do it?” Jimin wondered.

“Of course not. He’s as stubborn as Jin hyung,” Yoongi muttered.

“Then what are we waiting for?” Jimin questioned, grinning. Opening his eyes, Yoongi looked up at the younger member and smirked.


Washing his hands in the bathroom, Jin dried them on the towel and walked out to find the last person he wanted to see sitting on his bed.

“How did you get in here?” Jin asked, closing the door.

“Yoongi hyung let me in.” Namjoon answered.

‘Traitor.’ Jin thought, walking past him to stand in front of the window.

“I need to tell you something.” Namjoon said.

“What? That my existence is a mistake as well?” Jin queried, sarcastically.

“No, of course not!” Namjoon returned before sighing. “Look, I’m sorry for saying that. I didn’t mean it.” Namjoon apologised.

“Then why say it at all?” Jin shot back, whirling around to face his tormentor. “Do you know what you have put me through?” Jin growled, unshed, angry tears in his eyes.

“I know,” Namjoon murmured, looking down in shame.

“No, you don’t know.” Jin corrected, stepping towards him. “You don’t know what it’s like to constantly question your self-worth. You don’t know what it’s like to be hated by the person you love. You don’t know how excruciatingly painful it is just to get up in the morning,” Jin breathed, taking another step towards him. “That’s because all those countless hours I spent crying over you, Yoongi was there to comfort me while you ed off to your studio carrying on with your life like nothing ever happened.” Jin snarled, eyes ablaze, shoving past him.

“That’s not fair.” Namjoon replied, hurt, turning to face the eldest.

“Isn’t it? Because that’s what happened.” Jin retorted, clenching his jaw. “You know what, I don’t have time for nor do I want to deal with this. Just get out.” Jin told him.

“Not until you let me explain.” Namjoon responded.

“No. I don’t care about what you have to say.” Jin stated.

“Please, Jin-” Namjoon begged before being cut off.

“I said, get out!” Jin repeated, pointing at the door.

“Aargh! Stop being so stubborn and just listen to me!” Namjoon shouted, kicking his leg out in frustration causing him to accidentally smash his foot against the wooden cupboard. “Ow! Son of a-” Namjoon yelled, clutching his foot in pain, managing to stop himself from cursing.

“Namjoon!” Jin called out, rushing over to him, his motherly instincts taking over. Suddenly, the bedroom door burst open and Yoongi and Jimin charged in. Gasping, Jimin looked down at Namjoon on the floor with wide eyes.

“Hyung, I know you were angry, but you didn’t have to hit him!” Jimin cried, shocked.

“I didn’t hit him, you idiot!” Jin hollered. “Although I have every right to,” Jin mumbled to himself. “He hit his foot on the cupboard and hurt his pinky toe. Look.” Jin explained, pointing to the nail that was starting to come off his right pinky toe. “Jimin, go get Sejin.” Jin instructed. The younger nodded as he went off to go find their manager.


All the members were crowded around Namjoon when Sejin walked in.

“What did the doctor say?” Jimin inquired.

“Namjoon’s twisted his pinky toenail. The doctors said that he is to refrain from any activity that would put any strain or cause harm to it.” Sejin informed them.

“What about the concert?” Taehyung wondered.

“He can still perform but he just won’t be able to dance with the rest of you.” Sejin answered.

“That’s fine. Dancing isn’t exactly his strong suit anyway,” Yoongi commented, making everyone chuckle.

“I’ll just go sign Namjoon’s hospital papers and then we can go.” Sejin said, leaving the room.

“Actually guys, can I have a moment with Jin? Alone.” Namjoon requested. The other members nodded, following their manager, leaving the two members to sort things out.

“When you said all those things, about not knowing how you felt? The truth is, I do know. I know what it’s like to reach such a low point in your life that it makes even a single day difficult to bear. It’s something that I don’t want to go through ever again, so I’m really sorry that I was the one to make you feel that way.” Namjoon apologised, sincerely.

“You know what it’s like to be hated by the person you love?” Jin muttered, laughing bitterly.

“Well, you hate me, don’t you?” Namjoon replied, making Jin blink in realisation. Eyes widening, Jin turned towards Namjoon in shock.

“Namjoon…you…” Jin trailed off, speechless.

“I love you, Jin.” Namjoon confessed causing Jin to gasp in surprise.

“I love you, too.” Jin admitted. He leaned in for a kiss but when his lips were just a few millimetres away he felt a hand push against his chest. “Namjoon?” Jin uttered in confusion.

“I can’t. Not yet,” Namjoon whispered, looking away. “Please just give me some time.” Namjoon told him. Jin nodded and sat back down, more confused than ever before.


Finished with their tour, Jin was laying on his bed when Yoongi walked into their bedroom, freshly showered.

“Penny for your thoughts?” Yoongi cut in, bringing Jin out of his reverie. Sighing, the eldest turned towards his roommate.

“I’m just confused.” Jin said.

“About what?” Yoongi queried.

“Namjoon.” Jin responded. “I think it’s time I told you what happened between us.” Jin decided.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So then, in the hospital, he sincerely apologised for the terrible things that he said and then he told me that he loved me. I told him that I loved him too but when I went to kiss him he pushed me back and said not yet because he needed more time.” Jin finished. “I mean, we confessed our love for each other, what does he need time for?” Jin added in, puzzled.

“That idiot,” Yoongi murmured with a sigh. “Jin hyung, do you remember when Namjoon told us about his girlfriend in high school?” Yoongi questioned.

“Of course.” Jin said.

“Then, do you remember what happened in that relationship?” Yoongi asked.

“He was uncomfortable because she was rather friendly with other boys. Then when he tried to talk to her about it she got overly friendly with another guy leading to their inevitable break-up.” Jin answered.

“Right. So, because of that, Namjoon is overly cautious about his relationships. He needs to be confident that the same thing won’t happen again. Now, I’m not saying this is your fault, but with you being you it’s no wonder that Namjoon might be feeling a bit unsure of himself.” Yoongi replied.

“What do you mean?” Jin inquired.

“Well, you’re a KPOP idol who’s not only well-known in Korea but is starting to become internationally famous as well. I know that the same applies to Namjoon but you’re the visual of the group, hyung. You were ‘Car door guy’ and then at Billboard you became ‘Third guy on the left’. Most people didn’t even know who we were, but you were the one that everyone noticed.” Yoongi pointed out. “You’re a handsome guy who is very popular with fans and idols alike, so I think Namjoon is hesitant because he’s worried that your relationship could go the same way as his first. If you two broke up, it would affect not just you two but the entire group as well so, being the leader, Namjoon of course has to think about that too.” Yoongi explained.

“But I would never-” Jin started before he was cut off.

“I know that, hyung, but Namjoon doesn’t. He just needs reassurance.” Yoongi interrupted.

“The question is how?” Jin mumbled to himself.

“Well, while I leave you to think about that, I’m gonna head over to Jimin’s room.” Yoongi told him.

“How is that going by the way?” Jin wondered.

“Fine. Jimin and I have been spending a lot more time together recently though.” Yoongi admitted.

“Oh yeah, what for?” Jin queried, waggling his eyebrows suggestively.

“Get your mind out of the gutter, hyung,” Yoongi muttered, unimpressed, making Jin laugh. “Just talking. He offered to lend me an ear because he could see how tired I was staying up all night to take care of you.” Yoongi informed him.

“Yes well, I am very sorry about that but at least my suffering wasn’t in vain.” Jin remarked, mockingly. “But still, you better make a move soon, Yoongi. I mean, have you seen our cute little mochi? If you don’t snap him up soon then someone else will.” Jin warned him.

“Why don’t you sort out your own relationship before getting involved in mine.” Yoongi responded, walking out, no bite behind his words because he knew the elder was right.

“I plan to.” Jin agreed as the door closed shut. Plugging in his earphones, he went to his electronic music playlist and pressed shuffle. Since they met ‘The Chainsmokers’ at the BBMAs he had listened to their music and took a liking to the songs by the EDM-pop duo. So much so, that he had started to listen to other electronic artists such as Calvin Harris and Martin Garrix. As the music played, he thought about ways to prove his love to Namjoon when the song suddenly changed.

“What’s this?” Jin said as he looked at the name of the track that Spotify had suggested to him. “Daisy by Zedd.” Jin read, shrugging as he listened to the song. When the chorus came around, his ears perked up at the lyrics. This is exactly what he wanted to say to Namjoon. Sitting up suddenly, Jin smiled, a plan forming in his mind.


“I’m not so sure about this.” Jin replied, unsure, standing in front of his mic in the recording room.

“Hyung, this was your idea. Don’t worry, it’ll work.” Jimin reassured him.

“Fighting!” Taehyung and Jungkook cheered with big smiles on their face. Smiling gratefully at his dongsaengs, Jin turned toward Hoseok. “Okay, call him.” Jin decided. Nodding, Hoseok dialled the number.

Namjoon was in his studio, jamming out on the piano, when his phone started ringing.

‘Must have forgotten to turn that off.’ Namjoon thought, annoyed at the device for breaking his creative flow.

“Hoseok, what’s up?” Namjoon queried.

“Have you got a second?” Hoseok asked.

“Yeah sure. What do you need?” Namjoon inquired.

“Bang PD gave me the okay to finish recording my mixtape and you haven’t heard the songs I’m going to record today so could you please listen and tell me what you think? I could really use your opinion.” Hoseok pleaded.

“Of course. You start, and I’ll be down in a sec. I’ll stay on the line.” Namjoon agreed, leaving his studio, knowing that he wasn't going to get back in the zone for a while now.

“Thanks.” Hoseok thanked him, placing the phone down before walking outside of the recording room to join Yoongi behind the desk.

“Ready?” Yoongi mouthed. Taking in a deep breath, Jin gave a firm nod. Holding up his right hand, Yoongi showed 3, 2, 1 on his fingers before pushing the sliders up as the music began to play. [Daisy - Zedd]

“Namjoon, always running but you feel blue. Scared of love in case we argue, Namjoon, I want you.” Jin started.

“Jin hyung?” Namjoon murmured, listening intently, as he approached the studio.

“Namjoon, in your mind is where the doubts grew. Don’t you know you are my one true, Namjoon, I need you.” Jin continued. “Oh oh oh ohhh,” Jin sang, closing his eyes, leading up to the chorus.

Let me show you how a kiss should taste

Trust me, I won’t give your heart away

Coming to a halt in front of the studio door, Namjoon placed his hand on the door handle before slowly pushing it open.

Why you running, running when you got it right here

At the sound of the younger’s excited noises, Jin opened his eyes to find himself gazing directly at the object of his affections. Eyes widening in surprise, Namjoon’s arm dropped to his side, his phone still clutched tightly in his right hand.

Oh, I would love you if you let me

Gulping, Jin gripped the microphone tightly as he launched into the most important verse.

“Namjoon, you’re a genius through and through. But in love you have got no clue, Namjoon, I got you.” Jin teased with a wink, making the others chuckle as Namjoon’s cheeks burned in embarrassment.

“Namjoon, don’t you know that you’re handsome too. y brain man please be my boo, Namjoon. And after this song I will give kisses beaucoup beaucoup. Something I’ve been wanting since debut." Jin confessed causing Namjoon to flush red, overwhelmed by the eldest’s admission. Grinning at Namjoon’s reaction, Jin chanted the chorus once more.

Let me show you how a kiss should taste

Trust me, I won’t give your heart away

Why you running, running when you got it right here

Oh, I would love you if you let me

“Let me show you how a kiss should taste.” Jin requested, sending Namjoon a flying kiss. “Trust me, I won’t give your heart away.” Jin told him, placing a hand over his heart. “Why you running, running when you got it right here. Oh, I would love you if you let me.” Jin crooned. Taking the microphone off the stand, he slowly walked towards Namjoon as he did the same, completely entranced by the elder’s voice.

“I won’t give your heart away. Why you running, running when you got it right here?” Jin finished, placing his hand against the glass. Gazing at Jin’s palm, Namjoon looked back to find Jin smiling softly, his eyes shining with hope. Relaxing his shoulders, Namjoon mirrored the eldest’s expression and placed his hand against Jin’s on the other side of the glass. As the song faded out, Jin breathed a sigh of relief while the rest of the members cheered for the song’s success. High fiving Hoseok, Yoongi pressed the button to speak to the maknae line who were in the recording room.

“Alright you three, let’s leave them to it.” Yoongi said as the three youngest members followed the two rappers, leaving Jin and Namjoon alone. Putting the microphone back on the stand, Jin walked out of the recording room and stopped right in front of Namjoon.

“So? What did you think?” Jin inquired only to be answered by the press of firm lips against his.

“It was perfect. Like you.” Namjoon admitted, making Jin blush prettily. “Jin, I really am sorry for everythi-” Namjoon began before being cut off as Jin grabbed him by the shirt, pulling him into a deep kiss.

“Loving now, apologising later.” Jin stated, panting slightly. Namjoon nodded in response.

“So, do you want to cuddle up and watch a movie?” Namjoon suggested. Jin thought about the idea when something caught his eye, making him grin mischievously.

“How about we make one of our own? I think it will be more fun.” Jin replied as he took Namjoon by the hand and led him out of the studio.

“Make one of our own? What do you-” Namjoon started but stopped when his eyes landed on the computer. “Oh…” Namjoon trailed off in realisation as a small smirk tugged at his lips.


Hope you enjoyed it! For anyone who didn't get the reference at the end, I was alluding to BTS' appearance on Yaman TV when Hoseok admitted that the computer in the rapper studio kept getting viruses because Rap Monster was watching "certain" movies ;)

BeyondTheSwag