Chapter 7 : Chaos

Kryptonite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 7 Chaos

 

Causing a commotion or disorder isn’t only in the form of physical fights, though most oftentimes it is, and isn’t merely base on brawls that result to injuries. Uproars and disarrays also happen within the emotions that are yet to be dug out of the heart or better yet to be discovered sooner or later. A fight between the joy of achievements and the downfall of failures, happiness versus sadness, certainties against doubts, a battle between jealousy and admiration, once these contradicting emotions clash, it brings nothing but chaos within one’s heart and they get shaken up, asking what this feeling is.

 

Chaeyoung, on an early mild morning, she’s rushing on preparing herself, supposedly to pick up Jennie as what she had promised. Although Jennie herself had told her million times she can be on her own, she insists on taking care of her, thus she does all her duties earlier than her usual time and has been adjusting to this new routine. Tiring it is, but she’s enjoying it that despite how stressful it may look like for other’s view, she has this smile on her face as if she isn’t feeling a shade of fatigue. This is how Chaeyoung loves being with Jennie, her being a complete stress reliever.

 

“Everything’s good…” Chaeyoung exhaled as she double-checked everything she’s going to need for the day, including extras she put on her bag she thought Jennie might need from her.

 

Seconds later her doorbell rings, disrupting her preparations that are about to finish. Annoyed as she thought it would be her best friend from the next door for she isn’t expecting anyone to be visiting her during her hectic weekdays, she rampantly marched and opened the door with the deadliest glare she can give. However, these glares vanished in a snap as the person standing in front of her, shocked of how she acted, is the last person she wouldn’t dare to even glare at in such way.

 

“J-Jennie-unnie!” Chaeyoung blushed in embarrassment. “W-Why are you here?” She then stuttered as she asked, looking straight into those eyes shaped crescent because of her lovely eye smile.   

 

Jennie stepped back and showed her entire form, her body that’s free from bandages and her once injured leg that’s finally set free from being wrapped, now exposed with light marks from the stitches left on some parts of her skin. She showed how she can move her legs freely, how it’s easy for her to be standing on her own and to be moving around without too much struggles already.

 

Going back to her stunned friend, Jennie beams, “I can move just totally fine now. See?”

 

Call her exaggerating but Chaeyoung poured tears seeing Jennie recovered at last. Holding her gently by the shoulders and staring at her from head to toe, she can’t help but to have flashbacks of those days Jennie couldn’t do anything much on her own, those days she needed to cry it out just for her to stand without aids and those days she spent for her therapies, comparing to this present time when she’s back to her old self, to her original form.

 

“Is that why you’re purposely wearing a dress right now to show me?” Chaeyoung joked to control herself as she wiped away her own tears.

 

“Well, yeah… And to surprise you too.” Jennie winked. Then extending her hand to hold Chaeyoung’s trembling ones due to happiness, she expresses in a whisper, “You always fetched me when I was injured and helpless. You were very patient on guiding me and you didn’t complain anything even when I was being hard-headed. You were also present on some of my therapy sessions and you didn’t leave me when I needed a friend to help me out, in and out of the university. So, today, I thought of fetching you instead and surprise you. Also, sorry because it’s been actually since yesterday that I was cleared from my therapies. I just really wanted to surprise you.”

 

“Eh~ that’s so unfair! I was already preparing to fetch you and just when I’m already used to it, you’re here now.” Chaeyoung childishly whined but later laughed at herself.    

 

Jennie returns a pout, “Hey, what do you mean then? You don’t want to see me healed?”

 

“It’s not like that! Of course I’m happy!” Chaeyoung defended immediately and corrects herself blushing while looking away, “I mean I already got used of fetching you almost every day and I’m kind of sad that maybe I can’t do it anymore. You know, it became like a part of my morning routine already.”

 

“Is that so? Well, you can still do it though if you want to. You can fetch me still whenever you want to but make sure to tell me first so I’d know.” Jennie settled without struggles and without anything too much to be considering.  

 

Chaeyoung’s beams re her lips, “Really? I can?”

 

“Yeah. You’re always welcome at home and you know that. Or whoever wakes up first will have to fetch the other, how’s that?” Jennie gave her a thumbs up.

 

Overjoyed, Chaeyoung squealed and jumped over to Jennie giving her an unexpected embrace which definitely surprised the latter they almost fell on the ground. Chaeyoung has always have this out-going personality and bubbly at times but it’s on this rare time that Jennie is seeing her this delighted and ecstatic, realizing how her recovery must have created a big impact on her, thus she rides along with her little jumps of happiness.

 

If Chaeyoung is staring her day so perfect, her best friend is about to start her day the opposite. Lisa, coming from the stairs covered in sweat under her sweaters and jogging pants, she saw Jennie enveloping Chaeyoung around her small arms and that huge smile painted on her lips. This isn’t the kind of scene she’s expecting to welcome her in a morning that not only blocked her way going to her place but also blocked her chest she barely moved from her position staggered for a minute.

 

Not long, Chaeyoung saw her best friend standing still gazing at them and waves joyously, “Oh! Lisa! Good morning! How was your morning exercise?”

 

“It’s good.” Lisa manifested her cold tone she couldn’t control without returning the same grin from her best friend and proceeds to Jennie beside her, asking, “I see that you’ve recovered. Good for you. I didn’t even know about it when we just met not that long ago.”

 

“The doctor gave me the clearance already. I can finally move around freely.” Jennie said so proud.

 

But Lisa merely nodded, “Is that so? That’s a great news. No wonder why Chaeyoung is too hyped.”

 

“Geez Lisa, what’s with the cold act? Why are you so moody early in the morning? Jennie-unnie is telling you a good news yet you look like you’re not happy at all.” Chaeyoung later noticed her best friend’s distant returns and glared at her as she grilled.

 

Jennie is disappointed of how Lisa reacted to her news for she was expecting her to be as glad as Chaeyoung could be, perhaps more, yet she’s being given these monotonous and half-hearted responses. The morning she thought would be filled with nothing but positivity is slowly being tainted with Lisa’s lack of enthusiasm as shown of how she’s acting towards them.

 

Lisa detected the frown on Jennie’s lips and as soon as she did, she straightaway realized she must have gone too far with her coldness she didn’t mean to show. Hence, she immediately supports herself forcing a smile in her excuses, “I’m glad, okay? Trust me, I am. It’s just that, well… I woke up early at dawn. I went to jog since I feel like I’m getting out of shape. I got back here tired and sleepy so yeah…”

 

“It’s okay. I understand.” Jennie beamed, letting Lisa’s attitudes slide but her smile speaks pain and disappointment.

 

But Lisa at the back of her mind she argues internally, “No, you don’t understand it because you don’t know anything.”

 

Lisa wanted to give Jennie a hug and comfort her right on the spot, however she can’t with Chaeyoung’s presence around them and she wouldn’t want her to be suspicious of anything unnecessary. Nonetheless, she gave Jennie a light squeeze on her shoulder before she decided to go inside her own room in order to evade from getting any more obvious with the growing jealousy that’s gradually taking over her aching chest.

 

“This is bad… I shouldn’t be feeling like this.” Lisa grumbled as she leaned against her closed doors, slapping her cheeks in hopes that this jealousy would stop from making her crazy.

 

Jennie can do nothing but to eye on Lisa until she disappeared in her closed door and Chaeyoung gasps cutting her ogles onto that door, “Unnie! We’re going to be late if we won’t start moving now. I’ll just go get my bag then we’ll go.”

 

Chaeyoung rushed back inside her place to get everything she needs for the day. As Jennie was left alone outside, she took the chance to jot down something on her notepad which she slid inside Lisa’s place through the small space underneath the door. On that small piece of paper, Jennie wrote, ‘I’ll see you at the shop later on. Take care.’ And Lisa saw it at once for she’s still standing by the door listening to whatever she’ll hear from their conversation from the outside.

 

The pain on Lisa’s chest faded as she received it, replaced by this tiny thrill that moved her heart. And so she writes at the back of the note before sliding it back outside, “I’ll be expecting you. Take care for today too. And congratulations on your full recovery.”

 

Jennie picked it up and giggled at those smileys Lisa drew by the end of her sentence, “Silly…”

 

“Unnie, let’s go.” Chaeyoung came out and cut off Jennie’s smirks.

 

Together they moved out of the apartment and Jennie’s smile hasn’t vanished since then. Though they aren’t sharing a word as they walk close together along the busy streets, Chaeyoung cannot overlook the little hops Jennie is making and the soft giggles that weirdly comes out once in a while. At first she wanted to believe it’s because of her recovery and that she’s in a good mood for it, not until she glanced at that small paper she’s gripping on free swaying hand.

 

“That’s Lisa’s penmanship…” Chaeyoung recognized upon eyeing on those few letters she can see on those small spaces in between Jennie’s grip.

 

“Are you saying something?” Jennie looked up at her as she heard those unclear mumbles.

 

Chaeyoung played it cool and instead she asks, swiftly grabbing Jennie’s hand to link onto her arms, “How was the last race you attended with Lisa? I only know you were chased by the police and her opponent so you had to stay somewhere while waiting for things to calm down.”

 

“About that…” Jennie started to recall. “I ended up falling asleep while we waited for dawn and the next thing I know she was waking me up in and we’re in front of my house already. I told her to come in the house to rest for a bit before she drives back to the shop to put the car back but she declined. After that I don’t know what she did anymore but maybe she went straight back home too since she looked tired too. Then in the morning we met for the event’s practice, right?” She then said.

 

Chaeyoung hums, “Is that so?”

 

“Why do you ask?” Jennie wondered.

 

“Nothing. It’s just that Lisa didn’t tell me anything more than what she told me on the call that time. I didn’t want to ask her because she seemed stressed too. But anyway, I’ll accompany you to the hospital later too after your classes. I don’t have anything to do today so I’ll tag along.” Chaeyoung simply said and smiled at Jennie for her not to ask more.

 

Chaeyoung is starting to doubt which she has been avoiding as much as possible towards her best friend’s actions around Jennie lately, on how she treats her and how she cares for her more than she thought. At first she wanted to believe it’s just Lisa being generous and caring like how she is to her as well. But as time goes by that she’s with Jennie all alone, and whenever they are together most of the times at work, the more her suspicions are getting out of hand.

 

It’s still in the morning but the emotions are in a rollercoaster by this time. Lisa didn’t start her day right at the sight of Jennie being in her best friend’s arms but with that simple note they exchanged she instantly felt a lot better and goes on with her day in an unwavering smile. She carries this mood on her way to the performance shop, giggly as she hops inside. However, for this morning full of surprises that causes any emotion to fluctuate, Lisa’s smiles turned into an immediate terror upon arriving at the shop.

 

“Guys! What happened here?” Lisa gasped and approached the injured Chaerin leaning against the walls.

 

The shop was destroyed, in a total damage as the goods are splattered all over the floor and the glass displays were broken and for the worst, her friends are all injured and some knocked down on the floor, some staffs are unconscious while some are struggling in their feet trying to get back up by leaning against the walls. Her friends are bleeding and acquired wounds from who knows why and how, at least for Lisa who just arrived to an unknown chaos.

 

“Lisa… run…” Hanbin, lying down from a corner and still holding to a long wood as his weapon, uttered in between his heavy breaths.

 

Bobby grabbed Lisa by her arm and pushed her back to the entrance groaning in pain from his abdomen, “Just go, Lisa. It’s not safe here!”

 

“B-But what happened? W-Why…” Lisa refused to leave her friends alone and attended to them one by one though in a muddle about the situation.

 

Soon, Lisa’s thousands of questions were answered when a group of armed men came out from the garage connected to the shop. Lisa looked up on them in horror and in a snap she immediately recognized the tall well-built man in the middle, the man whom she ran away from on her last race, the man who defeated her yet she decided not to fulfill the deal. She chose to take Jennie away, the prize he was supposed to get.

 

“Y-You…” Lisa trembled and began stepping backwards.

 

“Surprise!” The man teased and laughed evilly with his underlings. “Do you really think we’ve forgotten how you cheated during our last race? You took away my prize.” He then rustled.

 

Lisa is guilty of these accusations for he is right after all, she took Jennie away and didn’t fulfill the consequences of her lost. Having them in front of her now, especially with those weapons that are surely painful once used, there’s no way she can run away anymore. The entrance was blocked by someone, the other way out are locked, even the garage where they came from are being blocked by them.

 

Her friends are powerless for her to ask a help from. They are injured and unable to move from where they were left beaten and agonizingly look at Lisa stranded on her own. Lisa has never been into such situation wherein she has nothing to hold on but to herself, making her twice more anxious and incapable of doing anything but to shake in her stand.

 

“We’ll give you a chance newbie.” The man offered as he noted how ineffective Lisa is. “You’re obviously no match against us even if we ask for a race rematch so we could spare you. It’s pointless since you’ll lose anyway. So, I have another offer.” He then challenged and tended closer to her, smirking as he stared down.

 

Lisa took another step backwards until her back hit one of the man surrounding her as she asks feeble, “What is it that you want from me?”

 

“Give us your friend.” He said so blunt it stunned Lisa.

 

“G-give… what do you mean by that?”

 

The man bent a little lower to align his face with Lisa as he repeats closely, “I said, give me your friend, that chic you were with last time. She’s supposed to be my prize, right? That means I have the right to get her from you for a night and that’s the deal after all. So, if you give her to me now, I will spare you and your friends today. If you won’t, then I’m sorry but you’ll have to taste your own blood today.”

 

There is goes again, the fire was ignited from Lisa the moment they involved Jennie into their dirty doings and her emotions fumed as they treated her like a toy just like the last time. She never liked the sound of others treating Jennie in such a way that she never deserves. She hates the fact she even let these men finish their dirty words about her. Lisa will never find a right reason for them to hurt Jennie with their words, hence ticking her off that her tremors ceased but replaced by trembles in anger.

 

“And if I won’t give her, you’ll have to beat me up too? Do you really think I’ll hand her over to the likes of you? You’ll never have her. I won’t let you have her. You’ll have to go through me before you can even touch her ever again.” Lisa grumbled and clenched her fists so tight her palms could bleed from how her nails dig so deep.

 

The man mocks at her brave acts and applauds, “Wow! Bravo! What are you, superman? You’re just a weak ambitious racer. You can’t even race fairly and you act like this?”

 

“C’mon, the boss only wants that girl. Why can’t you just give her and besides, she doesn’t even look like your girlfriend. Just tell us where she is then we’ll leave you here unharmed.” One of them said and tapped Lisa’s shoulders to persuade her.

 

Yet Lisa shoved them away, farther from her and roars her loudest, “I said I won’t give her to you no matter what! I don’t care what you do to me! I will never give her to you!”

 

“So you’ve chosen your fate.” The man sighed, acting disappointed as he signaled his men to do their job.

 

They didn’t give Lisa a chance to prepare and position herself for the fight as they rushed to her all at the same time. She’s defenseless, she’s helpless, and she’s too weak to be even protecting herself with anything. Her body is too small and a lot more fragile compared to these merciless men attacking her, swatting their bats on her, kicking her on the ground while they laugh evilly as if it’s seeing her beaten up is their source of enjoyment.

 

“Stop it! Please!” Chaerin, who has been immobile due to her leg injuries and body pain from her own beating she received prior to Lisa’s arrival, begged and cried seeing her precious friend helplessly coughing out in blood.     

 

Having enough when Lisa received too much, her face that’s covered with blood, the man raised his hand and signaled his underlings to stop, “That’s enough. I think she won’t be able to move properly for a while with those injuries.”

 

“Are you sure we won’t give her more? She’s still moving.” One of them pointed out at Lisa being able to crawl until she reached the walls to lean on.

 

“She’ll end up dying if we do more than this and that’s not our goal. We just want her to learn her lesson from not fulfilling the deal and worse running away from us. We even almost got caught by the police because of her. I think this is enough to serve as a lesson for these poor brats.” The man decided while exchanging glares with the weak and panting Lisa.

 

The group of men left the shop wrecked together with its people totally damaged. Chaerin used her last ounce of energy to crawl and grabbed her phone as she called the police and ambulance immediately, then moving on to the others to check on them, Hanbin half-conscious and Bobby groaning in pain. And Lisa, as much as she wants to move her body, the pain doubles and blood spits out of .

 

“Hey, Lisa… are you with me?” Chaerin approached her finally and tried to keep her consciousness steady by tapping her face.

 

“Unnie… no matter what… don’t… give them… Jennie…”

 

These are Lisa’s last words before she completely lost her consciousness and dropped her head onto Chaerin’s shoulders, staining her with the blood that’s all over her. The pain was too much her body went numb and the last thing she heard was Chaerin’s voice calling out to her, followed by the weak voices of the others and later the sound of ambulance’s sirens coming to get her. And the last image she saw in her head was Jennie and her smile that still managed to give a bit of stretch on her lips before she completely lost all of it.

 

Meanwhile, Jennie and Chaeyoung are in the hospital as said after their classes. They arrived earlier than they expected as they were dismissed earlier than their usual time. As ordered, they went straight to Hyun-Suk’s office after a short visit to Jennie’s mother’s hospital room. They’ve never been in this part of the hospital, hence they are reserved in every step they take until they were told to enter the office as the director is waiting for them.

 

As Jennie entered, followed by Chaeyoung, Hyun-Suk welcomes them, “It’s great that you’re able to drop by.”

 

“I heard from the nurses that there’s something you want to tell me.” Jennie said and seated on the offered seat from across his table, pulling Chaeyoung to sit down before she could even attempt to step out to give them space.

 

Hyun-Suk has the documents in his hand, ready to be presented. However, looking at Jennie childishly arguing with Chaeyoung in their seats, hissing to her she should stay but also giggling as they tease each other, she hesitated for a bit. But then again, it’s his duty and responsibility to let Jennie know what to expect and not with regards to her mother’s condition and after all, it’s Jennie’s right to know everything that’s going on.

 

“S-sorry, sir.” Chaeyoung bowed down awkwardly after she saw how Hyun-Suk spaced out while staring at them in their little argument.

 

“So, is there anything I should know? I’m sorry but I still have to go to my part-time job after this.” Jennie humbly demanded.

 

“Actually…” Hyun-Suk decided to give Jennie all of the results of her mother’s tests and laboratories in the past days and other information Jennie might want to know. And while Jennie reads, he speaks, “I wanted to talk to you about your mother’s condition. She’s been unconscious for quite long already, longer than the time frame I’ve given to her. She’s showing no improvements at all and it’s been blank. She’s showing no signs.”

 

Jennie is in a thunderstruck that her eyes widened and kept it glued to the paper she’s formerly reading and Chaeyoung lowly gasped upon sensing where this conversation is leading them. Jennie gripped on the paper it crumpled for her to contain herself and keep her emotions calm as much as possible. The joy and thrill that was creeping through her is gradually fading and changing into a painful grief. The bliss in her out in an instant.

 

“Are you saying my mom has no chance on waking up anymore?” Jennie asked in a mumble and looked so down she couldn’t lift up her head.

 

And Hyun-Suk clarifies, “Frankly speaking, with that period of time she’s been comatose without any sign of sudden changes or improvement, her chance of living is less than 10%. I’m sorry, Jennie but I have to tell you this.”

 

“No way…” Chaeyoung reacted and immediately wrapped Jennie around her arms for she knew she needed an immediate comfort.

 

Hyun-Suk kept the DNR order hidden on his desk’s drawers after seeing how Jennie reacted to this sad news as she bawled out in tears on Chaeyoung as soon as she was engulfed in her hug, unsure whether to give it to her or not yet. Jennie was able to constrain her screams of cries as she buried her face onto Chaeyoung’s chest, drenching her favorite pink shirt with her tears but she cared not, as long as Jennie is shielded. The world is falling apart and the future she once imagined with her mother turned into black, that’s how Jennie is feeling, shattered for she’s given the fact she cannot change.

 

“I’ll be going on my rounds now. Please take care of Jennie. I’ll leave her to you.” Hyun-Suk excused himself after asking Chaeyoung the favor and left them together in his office.

 

“I’m here unnie. I’m here…” Chaeyoung whispered as she caressed Jennie’s back to ease her heavy sobs she cannot control.

 

Chaeyoung let Jennie cry it out for a while ensuring she isn’t alone in this battle by keeping her on hold. The feeling of losing someone important into her life, how difficult it must be for her heart to carry? The weight that Jennie has to carry with this saddening and devastating news, how heavy is it for her to have it on her back as she goes on living? Chaeyoung has these questions in her mind as she attempts to understand Jennie’s cries of sorrow.

 

Soon, after long minutes of nonstop cries and sobs that later ceased, Jennie calmed down, at least for now, as she let go of her grip on Chaeyoung all this time. She recomposed herself in her seat as she wiped off her own tears, “Thank you Chaeyoung. I feel a bit better now. I even stained your shirt.”

 

“It’s okay unnie.” Chaeyoung responded short as she continuously caressed Jennie’s back.

 

Jennie breathed deep before she settles a tough upfront, “Let’s go. I still have to go to the shop for my part-time job. I’ll be late if I stay here longer and I don’t want Chaerin-unnie to scold me too.”

 

“Are you sure you can?” Chaeyoung questioned out of her concern and Jennie nodded confident but her eyes are dying and swollen from all the tears she poured. “If you say so but I’ll come with you then I’ll go back home once I dropped you at the shop.” She then also decided.

 

Perhaps, this is one of the countless reasons why Chaeyoung fell in love with Jennie, she’s strong enough to battle the pain inside her by moving on quickly though Chaeyoung, at times, somewhat wishes she would be more honest with what she feels rather than sugarcoating it with her sweet smiles. However, never had she thought of forcing her instead she can only follow her until such time Jennie decides to be more open with her than how it is already.

 

Halfway through the hospital’s corridors, Jennie stopped in her tracks as her phone started ringing, “Oh, it’s Chaerin-unnie.”

 

And so she picked it up, having Chaerin to speak up from the line first before she could, “Jennie, where are you?”

 

“I’m at the hospital. I just visited my mom. Why unnie? Am I late already?” Jennie asked while Chaeyoung stayed idle beside her as they reached in front of the elevator.

 

Chaerin straightforwardly tells her, “It’s not that you’re late. I called to tell you that the shop is closed today. Something happened and it so happened that we’re on the same hospital right now. Lisa’s opponents on that last race she had attacked the shop and we’re in a trouble. We’ve been discharged after we sustained some injuries too. The problem is Lisa. You see, those men were really gave Lisa a blow and we’re just lucky they didn’t do as much to us.”

 

Chaeyoung saw Jennie’s expression darkened, so she asks, “Why, what happened?”

 

“Lisa is in trouble.”

 

That’s all Jennie said and saying no more she dashed to the emergency room where she thinks she’s in at the moment. She couldn’t wait for the elevator to arrive and thus she used the stairs to go all the way down, abusing her newly healed legs immediately with her run. She’s in such a full speed that Chaeyoung is barely catching up with her from behind.

 

As soon as Jennie reached the lobby, there she found Chaerin having conversation with the police, giving them the statement. Near the emergency room are Hanbin and Bobby seated with their face full of wounds covered with patches and their body that’s obviously still soaring and in pain from the way their expressions speak ache and discomfort.

 

“Where’s Lisa?” Jennie approached the two guys whom she shocked with her sudden presence.

 

“She’s still inside being treated.” Hanbin said and pointed inside the emergency room.

 

But stopping Jennie from rushing in is Bobby as she held her by the wrist, “Don’t go in. Jisoo’s already there. You know, it’s a critical time and if you go there, she might have the wrong impression again. Leave them alone for now. I know you’re worried but let Jisoo do her job this time.”

 

From the emergency room’s door, Jennie takes a glance inside and found Lisa wailing in agony on the bed but there’s Jisoo holding her hand, in tears as she’s seeing her lover in pain as the nurses are finalizing the bandages to cover her wounds. She felt drained finding out Lisa’s condition and felt worse knowing she cannot do anything more but to watch while Jisoo is there. The grimace is evident in her lips that frown so low that anyone looking at her would know she’s hurt and distressed.

 

Not wanting to see more of the lover’s intimacy, also Lisa being helpless on that hospital bed, Jennie broke her eyes from them and proceeds to ask their friends, “What happened exactly? Why was the shop attacked? Why did they particularly hurt Lisa?”

 

“Ah, about that…” Bobby hesitated to tell but after Chaerin’s signal, telling him to speak the truth, he expresses, “They wanted to seek revenge. Remember, Lisa took you away when she’s supposed to give you to that man as a prize for winning the race. We cannot deny, Lisa cheated and they came to the shop for a pay back. According to our boss, she heard the man that she would spare Lisa if she’ll give her to you still but Lisa refused. So as a result, they did all of this.”

 

“When Lisa regained her consciousness earlier, she asked us not to tell you but oh well, sooner or later you’ll find out anyway since you also work at the shop. She wanted to hide it because she doesn’t want you to feel responsible for what happened. And it’s not your fault too so please don’t feel guilty about anything.” Hanbin followed up and Jennie’s expression even became darker as a result.

 

Later, Chaerin joins them in their spot as she further explains, “I already talked to the police. We cannot tell them about the real reason why they came to attack us because if we do, they will find out about what we’re doing at night and they might ask for the shop’s closure. Our enemy knew about this so well that’s why they were so bold to attack us even during the broad daylight.”

 

“What kind of excuse did you tell them this time?” Hanbin asked.

 

“Simple, I just told them it’s robbery and we couldn’t identify them and that we don’t have evidences either. There’s no other way but to overlook at this incident since we’ll all be doomed once the authorities do any further investigations.” Chaerin explained and couldn’t help but to growl at this unfortunate incident she cannot do anything more.

 

Chaeyoung sadly sighs, “Then we won’t be able to seek justice. This is so not right…”

 

“I know but it can’t be helped. We just have to chew it in and besides, even if we fight back, we’re no match against those men. They are prominent and from high-class. We’d easily get swept even if we try.” Bobby said also frustrated.

 

Jennie has zipped the entire conversation but her heart that’s shaking is definitely restless. She heard every single word that was said but it barely registered into her mind as her eyes are fixated onto Lisa who was seen calming down in her bed with the help of Jisoo. There has been too much happenings in less than an hour it’s becoming hard for her to even breathe properly, too much for her weak self to handle.

 

Her mother who was pronounced to be closing to her end, the shop being destroyed with the people close to her, and now Lisa being heavily injured, in all of these happenings she couldn’t do a thing which is also at the same time is frustrating her. And she didn’t bother covering her rumbling emotions for her face shows an obvious dejection, her lips that dropped to its lowest and her sighs that are heavy as her eyes are glued onto Lisa.

 

“I’m going back home.” Jennie suddenly announced and turned her back to the emergency room. “I don’t feel well and I thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter