Chapter 2

The Subway Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Sunday and Jinyoung thanked the heaven that he didn’t have to get his up early. The two-day induction that he conducted with the juniors was done yesterday and he was glad everything went smoothly. He was sleeping peacefully when suddenly a loud bang from outside his room was heard before Jackson loud voice came around.

“Good morning, sleeping beauty. Get up now. You promise to go out with me today.” Jackson said while walking towards Jinyoung, his hands grabbing to pull Jinyoung’s blanket away from his body but the other seemed to hold it tighter.

“ off, Jackson. I didn’t make such promise. You were the one who made the assumption. Now let me sleep. I’m tired.” Jinyoung whined which was ignored by Jackson as the latter went to the window and pulled the curtain, letting the sunlight in. Jinyoung instantly groaned upon the sudden intrusion.

“Come on, Jinyoungie~ You barely spent some time for me these past few days. Let’s get something to eat and hangout for a while. Then we can go back and you have all day to sleep,” Jackson persuaded his best friend and that was how Jinyoung found himself sitting in the corner of a cozy restaurant near the apartment 15 minutes later.

Jackson was ordering their food in the counter and came back with a tray full of scrumptious looking meal. Jinyoung’s tummy started to growl and he regretted skipping his dinner last night. “Seafood spaghetti carbonara with lemonade for my best friend here, while grilled chicken with a huge serving of mash potatoes on the side together with iced Coke for King Jackson,” Jackson exclaimed earning a chuckle from Jinyoung. “Thanks, Jacks.”

“So how was your first week? Mine was hell. I’m gonna have trainings every Tuesday and Thursday nights, Jinyoungie~ HELP ME!!!” Jackson tossed his fork around abruptly causing the leftover potato on it to splatter on the table near Jinyoung’s plate. The latter grimaced and rolled his eyes before throwing a piece of tissue paper on Jackson’s way.

“Stop being so disgusting, Wang. Oh, and stop whining about your trainings either. That’s what you get when you signed up as a PE major, our fencing champion,” the last part causing Jackson to grin. That guy surely loves compliments.

“Yeah yeah.. Now answer my question,” Jackson retorted back. Jinyoung rolled his eyes and if Jackson saw it, he sure didn’t say anything. He never wanted to get on Jinyoung’s bad side and his mood swings especially during his cranky, hormonal days, he thought.

“Mine was okay I guess.. Literary appreciation class is gonna be my fav class this year. Gotta appreciate the classics, you know,” he paused, taking a sip of his drink. “Other than that, everything is pretty much the same. The induction I conducted wasn’t bad either tho it drained the spirits out of me. Thank god Bambam was there to help me.”

Jackson perked up upon hearing the younger’s name and it didn’t go unnoticed by Jinyoung. He smirked, this guy couldn’t be more obvious. “How’s Bambam? He seemed to cling around you a lot.” Jackson asked, seemed intrigued.

“He’s a really good kid. Kinda loud like you but no one can top your extraness. You should just ask for his number if you’re that interested,” Jackson grumbled, seeming offended with the statement. Jinyoung smiled showing the whiskers around his eyes. He was sure that sooner or later those two might be something else.

“Baby steps, Jinyoungie~ I don’t wanna scare him away.” He blushed upon saying that and Jinyoung was quite surprised himself. Jackson was always the type to just go for it and to see that he was hesitating now was a new discovery.

“I’ll be rooting for you but you better not hurt my son okay!” Jinyoung jokingly threatened his best friend. “Aye.. if he’s your son, does it make you my future mother-in-law?” They both laughed and joking around each other before Jackson excusing himself to go to the toilet.

While waiting, Jinyoung saw a familiar redhead walking pass the restaurant he was currently in. The corner he situated himself in was right beside the window and he didn’t expect to see the handsome stranger he had been seeing in the subway the past week. When their eyes met, Jinyoung choked from the air he was currently holding in. It was only when Jackson came back and motioned for them to leave that he removed his gaze. God knew he was grateful for his best friend’s sudden presence. Otherwise he would had been petrified right there and then.

xxxxx

Mark was waiting for Jaebum to arrive. He had promised to meet the other on the weekend as it had been a while since they last had a proper chat. Despite studying in the same university, they barely had time to meet because the distance of their respective faculties. Plus with both being final year students, the workloads were no joke. Mark was busy doing his research for his final paper while his best friend was busy composing songs for various events inside and outside curricular scopes.

He was sipping his iced Americano when his mind wandered back to the previous scene before he entered the coffee shop. He was walking pass the window of the restaurant beside the shop when he had the feeling that someone was looking at him. He looked around trying to find the source of mystery when his gaze was directed towards a guy in the restaurant. To his surprise, their eyes met and both seemed unfazed with their surroundings. It was when someone approached the guy that he tore his eyes away.

Mark was raking his brain trying to recall where he had seen that face before. “I swear he looks so familiar. Perhaps is he one of the Business students from the other class.” His face was now wrinkling.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter