Episode Five

The Scary Law Student
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Episode Five

Park Chorong

 

“Hey, I heard that Mr. Kim is releasing the list of his new interns this year!”

“Really? Wow, whoever’s getting picked is sure lucky. That’s like a stable career already!”

I took a deep sigh, fumbling my fingers back in forth in nervousness. Although I seem composed, I was not. I did not come from a rich family, and opportunities like that would surely help.

Someone slipped in the seat next to mine, but I barely even noticed who it was as my breathing suddenly became erratic; my heart couldn’t keep the pressure. It would’ve been worse, but then a soothing voice entered my hearing… different from how cold is used to sound whenever he talks to me.

“Don’t be nervous. You’ll do well, Miss Law Student of the Year.”  I turned to face Yook Sungjae, who has an upturned grin on his face, as if he’s trying to cheer me up.

It was strange. That grin on his face. He was never friendly to me before.

“What? Is there something on my face?” He asked as I stared for him too long. I shook my head.

“You’re weird.” I mumbled.

“What? Why~?” Well that sounds like someone would say…

“We’re not friends.”

“Oh, well we can fix that now.” He grinned wider and offered his hand. “I’m Yook Sungjae—“

“I know.” I coldly muttered. “So?”

He took back his hand and pursed his lips. “So… can we now be friends?”

“That’s weird. You don’t like me.”

He laughed, quite gentle unlike how I firstly perceived him to be. I thought he was tough, kinda cold and reserved… stiff and unapproachable as well.

But now that I see that wide smile on his face, it’s like seeing the other side of him.

“Lawyers are sharks. We need to learn to put aside who we are for our job. Isn’t that what you do?” He cocked his eye brows, making me release a giggle that was a first.

“The only difference was that, I’m a shark way before I even planned to be a lawyer.” I extended my hand for him. “Let’s be friends then, putting aside our jobs.”

He shook it with a grin.

And gosh, I never admitted this before… but he looks better-looking compared to Kim Mingyu…

Before we can continue our conversation, the door of our room banged open and in came our Professor, holding a white sheet of paper in his hands.

“I needed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter