FINAL

Back 2 U

 Back 2 U
Based on : NCT 127's Back 2 U (AM 01:27)

 

I barely fell asleep late at night
But the ringing sound wakes me up

 

Jaehyun grunts in his sleep tiredly. The loud noise of his ringtone booms his whole room. He had just fallen asleep after a tiring day of work. It probably hasn't even been an hour of sleep. He sighs deeply as his hand reaches for his phone beside his bed.

The ID caller on his phone screen makes him sigh again. Why does she keep on calling?

 

Now I'm so used to your calls
Should I pick up or not
I keep thinking it through
Hesitating for a while

 

He sits there on his bed, contemplating on whether to answer her call or not. This wasn't the first time she's called ever since that day. He has gotten used to hearing his phone ringing every single night that he usually turns it off. Somehow, he forgot to turn it off this night because he was too tired.

His phone screen turned black after a minute of ringing but within a second, it lits up again. His hand runs through his hair. He wonders if he should pick up.

 

Then I tell myself this is the last time
As I press the button

 

He knows the consequences of each choices but he has decided on what to do. His finger reaches for the green button and he closed his eyes while trapping the phone to his ear.

 

Your crying voice
Shakes me up again (because it pains my heart)

 

"Jaehyun,"

"Jae,"

"Jaehyun-ah, I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

"Come back, please."

Jaehyun's jaw tightens as he hears her sobs through his phone. He keeps his silence.

"Jaehyun?"

"Are you there?"

"Please answer me,"

"...Jae, I still love you."

"Don't do this to me."

He almost replied back to her when he caught ahold of himself. He was the one who decided this. He was the one who broke it off. He was the one who thought that this separation would be the best.

But why does everything seem so wrong?

He rubs his temples and hears her sobbing coming to a stop. He could hear her sniffing. Deep inside, he felt bad. He felt guilty. He felt pain hearing her crying like that. He didn't meant to hurt her. He just wanted her to be happy. Looks like the happiness he wanted for her didn't turn out the way he thought it would.

 

•••••

 

Whenever you need me
Stop looking for me, however you want (please)
There's no room for you anymore
This is already over

 

"Stop it," Jaehyun turns back to face her. She only stares back sadly at him. "Nothing's going to change anything." He says, avoiding looking at her eyes. He was always weak with her eyes. Her clear bright eyes makes him vulnerable. He might even do something he'd regret forever. He didn't want to risk any chance.

"But Jae, h-how could you?" She gripped his wrist tight. "Why?" She asks, tears welling up in her eyes. "I'm sorry," he pulls his hand from hers.

"Get over me, [Y/N]. There's no reason left for you to cling onto me. I'm tired of the same old ." He bit his lower lip, "Stop all of it. Don't call me again, or I'll change my number. I'm not everything. You have other things in life." He mumbles.

"Enjoy it," he whispers then leaves her alone, standing still in the crowd full of people.

There's really no time for me to think about you anymore. The you and I from before are gone, there's only me in my thoughts. It might seem bad, coming from me, but that's how it is. Please, just forget me. I am not going back to you.

 

•••••

 

Now you say you want to
Come back in my world
But you're too much for me

 

"Is it wrong if I try to ask you to still let me love you?"

"Can't I be by your side?"

"Can I just look at you from afar?"

He groans lowly. "[Y/N], I don't need you."

"You mean nothing to me now."

"You were the love of my life, you were."

"And I loved you with all my life, I did but..." he trailed off.

She inches closer to him and rests her head on his chest. "Can't you just take me back?"

"I love you so much," she murmurs.

He closed his eyes and pushes her away softly.

"I'm done,"

"I can't handle your love. Move on," he leaves her again in the same state he did before.

 

•••••

 

The cash, the diamonds and pearls you spend
You're buried in flashiness

"Jaehyun! Buy me this," she whines, tugging on his sleeve. She points to the small diamond ring. He gulps as he sees the price. It costs more than half his education fees.

"[Y/N], are you sure?" He asks, trying to seek confirmation.

"Of course, please! You love me, right?" She bats her eyelashes innocently at him.

"A-alright," he hesitantly spends the money on his credit card. For her happiness.

"Jae, I look pretty, don't I?" She asks, twirling around. She's dressed in a red mini dress, a heart pendant with matching earrings and a designer purse.

"Where are you going?" He asks back, eyeing her outfit. "A party, a close friend of mine." She steps closer to him and kisses his cheek.

"Goodbye, I'll see you later. I'm gonna be late," she bids goodbye and hurriedly rushed away.

Why does she need to dress so luxurious?

 

•••••

 

In the overflowing texts and emails
I try to push you away
I resented it from the start
Because I knew we couldn't be together

that woman :
Jae
Jae
Jaehyun
Hyun
Are you ignoring me?
I'm not gonna sulk anymore
please don't do this to me
i don't like this

I'm sorry
I didn't realize how much I used you
I'll pay you back
I'll sell all those things

Who was that girl? 
A girlfriend?
don't tell me you're cheating behind my back
Jae
Answer me

To : @jaehyun1402
From : @[Y/N]
Answer my calls please
Don't avoid me
Please don't tell me you're mad at me

jae
Please

 

Jaehyun turns off his phone. So early in the morning and she already has ruined his mood for the day. She still treats him as her boyfriend even after two weeks even after a month pass by.

When will she move on?

He knew she was the clingy type. What he didn't expect was her following him everywhere anytime. He's tried every way he could think of to get rid off her but his attempts are all to no avail.

He hates this side of her. She's sometimes too protective and gets jealous over ridiculous things. At first, he thought it was cute but she's become overboard now.

He knew deep in his heart, he regretted dating her in the first place but he also knew he did truly love her.

 

•••••

 

Every time you do this
I break down
Now don't look for me anymore

 

It's been five months after the break up, yet she sometimes call at late night or in wee morning. Drunk. Saying how much she still misses him.

Jaehyun couldn't help but to shed a few tear drops. If he had to be honest, he misses her too. But missing each other is not going to be the reason he's going to go back to her. He was too tired.

He's the only one trying to make their relationship work because between both of them, he's clearly the one who loves her more than she did to him. And as someone says, 'the one who loves more will hurt more'.

 

I'm not going back back back back
(Don't look for me again)
Back back back back back
(I ain't running back 2 u my baby)
Once you turn around, it's as if nothing happened

 

He could hear her footsteps clearly in the empty room. He lifts his head to meet her eyes. The eyes he once loved. She fiddles with the hem of her sweater and avoids making eye contact with him.

"How are you?"

"Fine," he didn't even bother asking her.

"Oh, okay." She bit her lower lip. A habit when she's nervous. He sighs as he sees that. He knows her too well.

"Are you doing well?" He asks, trying to make the conversation comfortable.

She beamed at him happily, figuring that he didn't hate her. He didn't, he despised her but he knows how to control himself.

She acts as if nothing's wrong at all.

And it pisses him off more than anything.

But I'm already over it.

I'm not going back.