I Hate You (But I Like You) [Final]

I Hate You (But I Like You)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There are many things which Kyungsoo dislikes in his life. But don’t ask him to point them out because the list is so long, that it will go on about days and in the end you will end up listening only to the half of the list because it’s that long. Anyways that’s not the concern here.

What Kyungsoo hates the most is -

People who are clingy. People who have too much energy. People who are always happy and smiling no matter what.

And all this characteristics that he hates from the bottom of his heart are present in his none other than close to perfect, always shinning like the sun type of boss who goes by the name of Park Chanyeol.

When Kyungsoo first joined this company, he was pretty sure he was going to design bomb games and will have amazing co - workers with tons of inspiring ideas and they all will work together happily ever after. But, this only lasted a good 2 hours before his dream came crashing down and he was left with pieces of his unrealistic fantasy.

Because as soon as he completed all the formal necessities and stepped inside the main office, he was picked on by two guys one who looked like a dinosaur with a whiny voice and another guy who wore eyeliner a little bit too much to be considered normal.

He didn’t mind them that much though, until his boss who he thought was supposed to be stoic guy, came out in his shorts and dress shirt with a tie loosely hanging around his neck. There was a toothbrush hanging from his mouth and he looked like he had just woken up from sleep.

Okay, he even tolerated that. I mean people who made game for a living can look like that. It’s justified. He understands it completely. He’s absolutely fine with it, absolutely fine, until foam dribbled down Chanyeol’s chin and he wiped it using his tie.

He gawked at the older man with disgust before lowering his head and contemplating his life choices. Why in the world did he join The Techno Park again? Somebody surely has to remind him of it.

But even after that horrible first impression, Kyungsoo still doesn’t understand how he managed to have this major crush on his idiotic boss. I mean any normal person who at least holds an ounce of good judgment would have definitely stopped themselves before crushing on someone they absolutely dislike but Kyungsoo is no normal person even if he holds a very good amount good judgment.

And since he is no normal person, he has a terrible crush on his good for nothing, too bubbly to be a normal person of a boss and who is too nice for his own good, Park Chanyeol.

^^^

Kyungsoo again woke up from his slumber before the clock could strike 7 am. He stretched his body and scratched his back to release the sleepiness from his body. Slowly he dragged himself to the toilet and washed his face with enough soap and water so he looks presentable for the outside world. Then he completed his usual morning routines and came out of the toilet after spending almost 30 minutes.

He walked to the kitchen to prepare himself a cup of steaming hot coffee and decided to cook a simple breakfast. While his eggs were being cooked, he poured himself a cup of coffee and checked his phone to read the daily news.

Around 8 am he left his small apartment and headed for his work. He went to the bus stop and waited for the bus to arrive. The October air was already setting in which made him feel a little colder than usual. Therefore, he pulled his coat closer to his body and got on the bus.

He arrived to work after half an hour and straightaway steered his way to the 5th floor, the place where his heart and mind resides. He walked to his desk and placed his bag down before taking a seat. He switched on his computer and leaned back on the chair as the computer booted itself. He was about to let out a sigh when he saw a figure leaning beside his cubicle with a teasing grin plastered across his face.

“Good morning Do Dyo… What made you so sad in the early morning?” Baekhyun asked with an air of nonchalance surrounding him.

“Seeing your face” Kyungsoo replied in his usual snarky attitude.

“Oh how you wound me..” Baekhyun expressed dramatically, pulling a pouting face which made him look like a lost puppy.

“What do you want Byun?” Kyungsoo snapped.

“Is that how you treat your seniors? I expected better from you” Baekhyun tut him while straightening up and removing a speck of nonexistent dirt from his expensive suit.

“Oh I’m so sorry sir, I almost forgot that you’re my senior” Kyungsoo replied him sarcastically and rolled his eyes.

“Anyways…have you gone through the file I sent you last day? Chanyeol will need it when he comes back to the office” Baekhyun said.

“He went back home? Doesn’t he usually spend his nights here?” Kyungsoo asked feeling curious.

“He does but he said he needed to see his mother or something. So have you gone through it?”

“I did. I corrected the mistakes and even added some information regarding the new market structure but I think you need to go over the estimation figures since I don’t have any data regarding that” Kyungsoo replied while going over the file once again.

“Oh...Okay…see you later then...” Baekhyun answered as Kyungsoo handed him the report back.

To be honest, Kyungsoo never really thought that he would get accepted here. He actually sent his resume to this place because he lost a drinking game with his college mates. Well, that’s another story which he’ll remember another time. But really, whenever he looks around the office it’s still hard to believe that he got accepted here in Techno Park.

Kyungsoo was never the top notch student in his class but he was definitely better than the average. Teachers liked him for his behavior and his fellow mates liked him for his sarcastic comments. But mostly he was admired for his game developing skills. If he remembered correctly, one time he developed a puzzle game from his rusty laptop and it gained so much popularity in his school that teachers had to ban it.

“Hey Soo whatcha ‘doin?” Kyungsoo looked up from his computer and sees Kim Jongdae peering at him with his Cheshire grin.

“I’m working unlike someone” he replies with his usual sassy manner.

“Since you’re working unlike someone, why don’t you proof read these documents for me? We all know you love to proof read...” Jongdae smirks as he hands him a thick file.

“You want me to read all these?” Kyungsoo eyes the file cautiously.

“Of course or else why would I give it to you” retaliates Jongdae.

“Why don’t you give anything to Sehun? As much as I can remember he’s an intern too” Kyungsoo questions him with a slight frown forming on his face.

“He is, but I like to see you suffer. Now I gotta go. Make sure you have this done by tomorrow” Jongdae waves back leaving a speechless Kyungsoo alone.

^^^

Kyungsoo doesn’t see Chanyeol until its late afternoon. If you ask him that whether he has missed his boss / crush, he would deny it vehemently but we all know the truth. Kyungsoo peeked from his computer and saw Chanyeol walk effortlessly while smiling at random staff. He’s eyes almost gets blinded by the brilliant smile of Chanyeol but he controls himself by looking away.

Chanyeol is the sun after all. He is supposed to shine.

He was just about to get back to his work when a deep voice calls for him. He looks up and sees the sun standing against his cubicle. His heart nearly jumps out of his chest when Chanyeol grins at him. He feels a blush creeping up from his neck and decides to shake his head a little to brush it off.

“Kyungsoo – ssi..Can you do me a favor?” Chanyeol asks not realizing that Kyungsoo’s mind is completely going haywire with him being near.

“Huh?” Kyungsoo looks at him dumbfounded.

Chanyeol chuckles at his cute yet shocked face and asks once again “Can you do me a favor?”

“Anything sir”

“Can you please bring me a latte? I forgot to buy it before coming here..” Chanyeol asks him with a pleasant smile.

“Of course sir.” Kyungsoo replies

“Here..” Chanyeol hands him his credit card with a blinding smile and Kyungsoo’s heart skips a beat again.

Chanyeol saunters back to his office and Kyungsoo mentally smacks himself for his foolishness. But he knows he really can’t help it. Chanyeol makes him feel like a teenager all over again.

Kyungsoo lets out a sigh as he walks out of the office to go to the nearest coffee shop.

He’s really smitten, isn’t he?

^^^

He can feel the tiredness swirling in his bones as he scans the pages of these boring documents. His eyes almost droop down but he smacks himself against the cheek to awaken himself. He really can’t believe he is working these hard even though he is an intern.

It’s almost around 8 pm and there are scarcely any people around the office. He stifles another yawn as he moves onto to the next page and tries his best to read the words which keeps floating in front of his eyes. Suddenly he’s awoken with a jolt when he hears a door being shut.

He ignores it and decides to go back to his work but stops when he hears footsteps approaching him.

“You haven’t left yet?” He looks up and sees Chanyeol towering him from behind.

“No sir. I was just going through these documents.” Kyungsoo replies him.

“Hmm...Which documents are you reading?” Chanyeol asks as he pulls a chair and sits beside Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo’s whole body goes amiss when he realizes how close Chanyeol is sitting. Their shoulders and knees are almost touching and Kyungsoo could feel the warmth radiating from him along with his lavender like scent.

He breaks himself from the trance when he hears Chanyeol speaking to him.

“Huh?” Kyungsoo asks completely shocked with the situation.

“Did Jongdae hand them to you?” Chanyeol asks him once again.

“Yeah.”

“That lazy prick…” Chanyeol muttered under his breath “Next time if he hands you anything like these, just reject him straightaway okay? He needs to his work by himself.”

“Uh..Okay” Kyungsoo mumbles.

“Now get up. It’s time to go home” Chanyeol pulls him by the arm and almost drags him out of their office.

Once they are outside, Chanyeol offers to drive him home but Kyungsoo rejects him politely saying he’ll just catch a bus. Chanyeol looks a little hurt but that could simply be Kyungsoo’s imagination. Kyungsoo bows him good night and skips his way to the bus stop only to realize that the last one left half an hour ago.

^^^

“!” he curses aloud as he looks around frantically for a cab. But his luck is truly rotten today because there’s not a single cab. Before he could curse more, he sees a car pull in front of him and roll it’s window down. He stumbles back a bit but steadies himself before he could fall.

“Get in.” Chanyeol says from the inside.

“But sir…” Kyungsoo hesitates a little.

“You won’t get any cab right now so it’s better for you to get in if you don’t want to spend the night here…” Chanyeol warns him with his deep voice and Kyungsoo finally gives up as he gets inside the warm car.

The drive is almost silent until Chanyeol decides to have a small talk with him.

“So Kyungsoo…Tell me about yourself.” Chanyeol glances at Kyungsoo before looking back to the road again.

“About myself?”

“yeah..about yourself” Kyungsoo fidgets in his seat and starts to play with his fingers.

What can he say about himself? He’s just a simple guy with a simple family background. There’s nothing extraordinary about him.

“Well…I like to make games…” Kyungsoo answers shakily

“And?”

“I like to play different types of games?” he lets out a nervous laugh.

“I see…” Chanyeol glances at him again “Why did you choose ‘Techno Park’ Kyungsoo? I’ve heard rumors that you got accepted by the ‘Mintz’”

“I did get accepted by them sir but I liked your games better. There’s really an uniqueness in your games. I really loved your ‘Florida Driver’”

“Haha..Thank you for giving it so much love” Chanyeol grins at him once again and Kyungsoo smiles back with his heart shaped lips. They turn a right from the main road and enter a small street. They talk a little more, just expressing their ideas and opinions on different games before Kyungsoo sees the silhouette of his small apartment building.

“Thank you for giving me a ride sir. I’m really grateful.” Kyungsoo bows again.

“No worries. And Kyungsoo, call me Chanyeol. Calling me sir makes me feel older”

“Yes sir…I mean C-Chanyeol” Kyungsoo stuttered a bit.

“I like that..” Chanyeol smiles at him gently “I’ll see you tomorrow Kyungsoo. Good night.”

Chanyeol drives away swiftly and Kyungsoo walks inside his apartment with a giddy heart.

^^^

That night Kyungsoo shrieked so much from happiness that his neighbor had to yell at him to keep it down. But Kyungsoo didn’t care because Park Chanyeol, his bubbly sun like boss gave him a lift! Can you imagine it? Your crush driving you home? Can you ing imagine it? Because Kyungsoo definitely can’t. So he screams a little bit more until his neighbor practically bangs on his door to shut him up.

^^^

A week after the lift, Kyungsoo suddenly gets a call from Chanyeol in the middle of the night. At first he thinks he’s imagining it, but when the phone buzzes again, he sits up from his bed and picks up the call.

“Hello?” Kyungsoo says, voice still laced with sleep

“Hey Kyungsoo! Did I wake you up?” Chanyeol replies with enthusiasm.

“It’s 1’o clock in the morning…” Kyungsoo rubs his face in exasperation although his heart betrays him with it's loud beating.

“Oh yeah..I’m sorry for that..” Chanyeol says sheepishly “Anyways do you remember when you told me that you like adventure games which have a proper story and not just mindless running and all?”

“Yeah…”

“Well, Blizzard Entertainment put up a competition and I entered us with your idea and guess what…WE GOT ACCEPTED!!!” Chanyeol shouts through the phone.

“You did what? We got what?” Kyungsoo asked flabbergasted.

“We got entry into the competition Kyungsoo! Your idea gave us entry to one of the most awaited competition for game makers!” Chanyeol exclaims in joy

“OH MY GOD!” Kyungsoo shouts, realizing what just happened.

“And you know what? If we win, we get collaboration with one of the biggest gaming companies in the world! If we win, ‘The Techno Park’ won’t just be a Korea based company; it will be a global sensation! Can you believe that?” Chanyeol cries out in joy.

“I can’t believe it Chanyeol! I’m so happy!” Kyungsoo whispers. This is the first time he has heard Chanyeol sounding so happy. His heart drums against his chest furiously and he’s just so happy to hear Chanyeol blabber out of excitement. He’s so happy to make Chanyeol happy.

“This is all thanks to you Kyungsoo. I’m really glad that you chose us. Thank you so much Kyungsoo.” Chanyeol says after a while.

It’s almost silent except the loud beating of Kyungsoo’s heart and the steady rhythm of Chanyeol’s breathing. They just stay in the line like that, hearing each other’s breathing. In these moments, Kyungsoo realizes just how much he has fallen for the man. He smiles at the weird churning sensation in his gut.

“I’m thankful that you chose me Chanyeol.”

^^^

As soon as he stepped inside the office next day, bursts of confetti showered upon him and he was so shocked with the loud nose, he tripped over his own foot and fell on his . He looked up and saw Jongdae and Baekhyun laughing at him. Wow, this is exactly what he needed in the morning.

“What the hell?!” Kyungsoo shouted, enraged.

“He’s so cute isn’t he Baekkie?” Jongdae cooed at him.

“Call me cute one more time and I’ll make sure you have no balls to extend your bloodline” Kyungsoo warned in low voice as he stood up from the ground and dusted his pants.

“Wow little guy…I’m scared now…” Jongdae retaliated with his Cheshire smirk.

“You come here right now!” Kyungsoo launched forward but controlled himself when he saw Chanyeol approaching them.

“Kyungsoo you’re here.” He smiled at him and then turned around to face everyone “Guys everyone in the meeting room now!” he announced and everyone scurried to their feet.

“So what you’re telling is that we got accepted in the competition right?” one of the workers asked.

“Yes” Chanyeol answered excitedly.

“So when is the deadline?” asked Baekhyun

"3 months from now.” Chanyeol replied.

Silence spread across the room before Jongdae stood up from his chair abruptly and held his fist in the air. Everyone gave him questioning looks but he ignored them all and shouted at the top his voice saying “HELL YEAH!!! LET’S MAKE THE BEST GAME EVER!!!”

^^^

It has been a month since they got selected for the competition.

The game was still in its developing stage but it was progressing steadily. They kept having glitches here and there but with Chanyeol’s extreme knowledge of computer programming, the issues were resolved within few minutes. All in all, everyone was pretty contented with how the things were progressing.

Kyungsoo too was busy with his new work schedule. As it was his idea, everyone called for him whenever they needed to check something. Other than that, Kyungsoo was lending a hand in the developers’ team as an assistant developer. This setting gave Kyungsoo ample amount of time to be near Chanyeol and learn from him. The only downside was that he had to spend time with Baekhyun and Jongdae too.

But as long as Chanyeol is near him, he’ll be fine.

“Hey Kyungsoo can you come here for a sec?” Chanyeol called out for him, breaking him from his trance.

He nodded and got up from his seat before walking towards Chanyeol.

“Look..Doesn’t this character look like you?” Chanyeol said chuckling as he showed a figure of a small penguin with big eyes and pouty lips which very much resembled Kyungsoo.

“That’s nice” Kyungsoo replied with a slight frown. He really doesn’t know whether he should be happy about the fact that Chanyeol designed a character like him or upset that he just made fun of his face and his height.

“Come on now..don’t be angry” Chanyeol said poking his cheek.

“I’m not” Kyungsoo huffed.

“You’re so cute when you’re angry” Chanyeol cooed as he pinched Kyungsoo’s cheeks and then turned back to his computer to finish his work.

Kyungsoo stood there in silence and touched his cheeks where Chanyeol’s hand was a few seconds ago. Heat rushed to his whole body and he instantly started running towards the toilet to hide his tomato like face.

Why is Chanyeol behaving like this? Doesn’t he know that he’s making Kyungsoo fall deeper and deeper for him each day?

^^^

Kyungsoo stifled another yawn as he typed in his programming code. He felt tired to his bones and his eyes were almost read and itchy from sitting in front of the computer all day. He decided stretch his body a little bit and got up from his seat. Before he could get back to his work, he saw Chanyeol’s office light is still on. He didn’t see his boss leaving yet so that means the giant is still here.

Kyungsoo took small steps towards his office and then opened the door slightly to peep. He saw Chanyeol’s brows are locked together and he is concentrating on something really hard. Kyungsoo slowly stepped inside his office and upon his arrival, Chanyeol looked up from his computer screen and smiled at the smaller man.

“Haven’t left yet?” Chanyeol asked.

“No…I was just putting in the last codes for the day” Kyungsoo replied “What are you doing by the way?”

“Me? I can’t seem to get this right…” Chanyeol let out a loud sigh as he slumped against the chair.

“What?” Kyungsoo asked as he started walking closer to Chanyeol’s table.

“It’s the production bill and all…it keeps messing up with the actual log” Chanyeol messaged his temples.

“Can I see it?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Of course you can” Chanyeol replied with a tired smile.

Kyungsoo turned the computer screen towards himself and started scanning the page with complete attention. He smiled a little when he found out the silly mistakes Chanyeol made.

“You missed the zeros here and here” Kyungsoo pointed out the blank spaces and Chanyeol groaned at his mistake.

“I’ll correct them right now…” Chanyeol answered as he started putting in the values once again.

Kyungsoo seated himself in the sofa and started observing Chanyeol.

Chanyeol was too tall, taller than normal people. His arms were also long just like his legs and his ears are big too. And lets not forget about his bigger heart. Chanyeol was so kind that it affected him in the wrong way. But then again, that is one of the main reasons why Kyungsoo fell for him in the first place.

Chanyeol probably doesn’t remember it but on Kyungsoo’s first day at the, it was Chanyeol who helped him get the last bus. Chanyeol probably doesn’t remember this also but when Kyungsoo was having a bad day in his first week at the office, Chanyeol bought him a cup of coffee along with a note plastered to it which said ‘Cheer up intern Kyungsoo!’

All these small moments made Kyungsoo fall deeper and deeper for Chanyeol and before he could realize it, he was already crushing hard on his boss.

It’s really ironical, Kyungsoo muses because he has fallen for the qualities he actually despised. Chanyeol’s bright and bubbly personality, his never failing smile, his all time positive attitude – this exact reasons made Kyungsoo rip his heart out of his chest and give it to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol makes him really, really happy. Just seeing him smile makes Kyungsoo’s day brighter than ever. He gives Kyungsoo these weird butterflies he used to have when he was fanboying over Jo Insung, but it’s much more insane.

He glances at Chanyeol once again and smiles to himself. Chanyeol is really handsome, isn’t he? He’s like the sun in Kyungsoo’s universe. Just his mere existence makes Kyungsoo’s life a little bit brighter. To be honest, Kyungsoo thinks of himself as the moon. He’s basking in Chanyeol’s light to shine for himself.

It makes him a little sad too at the same time. Because the sun really doesn’t need the moon to shine brighter than ever but without the sun, the moon is nothing but a gray ball hidden in the darkness.

^^^

By the time Chanyeol’s done with the accounts, Kyungsoo has already fallen asleep on sofa. Chanyeol peeks at the smaller guy and then chuckles to himself because Kyungsoo really looks cute while sleeping. He gets up from his chair and walks over to the sofa. He gently cradled the slumbering man in his arms and picked him up in bridal style. He then walked over to his adjacent bedroom and carefully put him down.

After he placed him down, he just sat ther

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter