Move in day

My Roommate is My Bias!

CHAPTER 1 : Move in Day. 


"I have a roommate-?" 

"Yes- I know its inconvenient but you guys both sign up at the same time and well- ended up being put together." The assistant at the counter said as they gave an apologetic smile towards me, know how inconvenient the situation was. 

"But- I requested no roommate..." I mutters softly under my breath with a sigh. 

"We'll fix it at soon as we have another one room apartment opening! Please bare with it for now." 

"I guess.." I nodded in agreement knowing I can’t do much about it. 

“Also- the apartment only has one queen size bed- So one of you will have to sleep on the couch.” The assistant mumbles as she hands me the key. 

“ You’re kidding right?”

“No- but since you checked in before they did, you’re able to claim the bed first-“ Before the assistant could finished her sentence, I ran towards the elevator with my suitcase. I want to be sure I was the first one in. I did not want to sleep on the couch. 

As the elevator dinged, I rushed in dragging my suitcase with me before turning around to pushed the button for my floor. Glancing up I saw a taller figure heading towards the elevator carrying a few boxes. 

“H-Hey can you hold the elevator please-!” The voice with deep but sound sweet like honey. I pushed the button to hold the elevator doors open for a few seconds longer, glancing at the other as the they moved got closer. 

“Thanks! You’re a life saver!” The male mutters with an heavy breath. “ My arms would of gave out if I had too carry this any longer.” He said with a smile, placing the boxes on the floor. “My name is Vernon by the way.” He stuck his hand out in front of you. 

You nodded as you reached out to shake is hand, noticing that he had very familiar features. As you let go of his hand, the elevator dinged reaching the destined floor. The elevator stopped as a light bulb went off in your head. “Y-You’re Seventeen’s Vernon-!” You mumble in slight embarrassment that you took so long to recognized him. 

Picking up the boxes, he chuckles slightly and step out of the elevator. “I was hoping you would recognize me before I had to reintroduce myself again. Now that would have been embarrassing.” 

You smiled awkwardly as you nod your head and followed him out. “ I guess we’re neighbors now.” 

“Seems like it. Please take care of me!” He said giving you a slight bow. You do the same in return, and said your quick goodbyes and parted ways. 


“Room 24” I mutter to myself as I wonder down the hall, sighing once I found my room. “Finally-  I can’t believe I went the wrong way… I got to starstuck.”  Humming softly I unlocked the door to my new apartment, excited to start my new school year here. 

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE A DIFFERENT DORM--!! HYUNG-!!” I blinked at the loud voice, turning my head to see the Vernon being tugged out by an older looking male. I didn’t expect to be that close to them… 

Looking closely, the older male I realize it was Seungcheol. “Vernon- stop whining and go find who you’re dorming with.” Seungcheol stated as he continue to tug Vernon out of the room. Seungcheol scanned the hall until our eyes met. Feeling heat travel to my cheeks, I quickly gave a smile and tried to open my door to hide from the embarrassment. “I hope he doesn’t think I’m a stalker…” 

Taking a quick breath I smiled happily and looked around the dorm. It looked homey, not to fancy but not like a cheap hotel room either. It was decent. I decided to drop my suitcase off by the door and explore the dorm, humming happily. The kitchen was a lot bigger than I thought, giving me a lot of space to bake and cook. The counter was granite and was cool to the touch. The cabinet were painted black making the kitchen look stunning. 

I finally move towards the only bedroom in the apartment. It was spacious, containing a queen size bed. I jump on to the bed, spreading my arms out on the bed. “So comfy-“ I mutter to myself softly as I close my eyes feeling relax. 

“You seem to be enjoying the bed.” My eye open wide as I hear a deep honey sweet voice spoke. Sitting up at quickly as possibly, I spot Vernon at the door. My face redden as we make eye contact. “Yeah-“ I chuckle softly, feeling embarrassed but also nervous that Vernon was in the dorm. I didn’t hear any one come in- and I was pretty sure I locked the door as well… 

“Um…. Why are you in my apartment?” I mutter softly, trying to avoid eye contact with him. 

“I’m your new roommate- apparently.” He said, sighing a bit before blink and shaking his head. “I don’t mean it in a bad way! I’m pretty sure you’re a delight to live with- being so pretty and nice-!” Vernon began to ramble a somewhat apologize, holding his hands out, waving them as he spoke. “What I mean is- I didn’t mean to offend you if I did… I’m just use to living with the rest of seventeen for so long. I don’t know if I can handle living with a girl… I mean I won’t do anything weird! I have a sister- so I understand girl things- kinda…” He continue to talk, but now looking at the floor rubbing the back of his neck with his hand. 

I chuckle softly, getting off the bed. “Not so good with words huh? I understand. Lets just make this work then while they try to fix it okay? I promise won’t bite.” Smiling, I held out my hand towards him. His hand reaches out to meet my hand, giving a firm handshake. “By the way, I’m taking the bed.” 

“That’s fine, I’m kind of use to the couch-“ He chuckles. 

“That just sounds kinda sad. Idol life must be hard.” I shook my head. “Well make you self at home! We have a bit of unpacking to do.” 

I guess my roommate is my bias.