Chew

Chew

 

CHEW CHEW

 

“Wonwoo, have you heard about—

 

CHEW CHEW

 

—what Soonyoung told his roommate? It was so funny—

 

CHEW CHEW

 

—Seokmin was really angry when Soonyoung said he taped all those—

 

CHEW CHEW

 

Wonwoo just listens to him. No nodding or making any sound to indicate that he is listening to Mingyu’s chatter. He doesn’t even spare a glance to his roommate who is sitting beside him.  Still, it doesn’t stop the younger boy who is used to all the non-response from Wonwoo.

 

Wonwoo continues eating. The food he ate taste nothing. He doesn’t have any appetite. He is just eating so that he won’t pass out. College is stressing him. So much works need to be submit, and final is approaching. Wonwoo can’t remember the last time he sleeps more than five hours.

 

CHEW CHEW

 

The sound is consuming him.

 

CHEW CHEW

 

Just like a cat that gravitates to those allergic.

 

CHEW CHEW

 

The chewing sound fills his ear. Agitating all the sensitive nerve inside of him. It's getting louder.

 

CHEW CHEW CHEW CHEW CHEW CHEW CHEW CHEW CHEW CHEW CHEW CHEW CHEW CHEW

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Suddenly, the chewing sound finally stops.

 

It's quiet.

 

Wonwoo smiles.

 

He likes the silence.

 

He could spend the rest of his life in this calming state.

 

He wipes his hand and resumes his eating.

 

Finally Wonwoo is in peace.

 

 

THE END

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE: In case I wasn’t obvious enough, to make it clear, I really can’t stand chewing sound :)

My sister once showed me an article about people that can’t stand chewing sound actually has a problem. The only problem for me is that those people don’t know how to eat quietly. I can’t watch all those eating shows because of the chewing sound. Some of the people even have the mic and they chew their food directly to it and I’m just :))))))

I know a lot of people enjoy those kind of show. It’s okay. Everyone is different. We just enjoy what we like.