...♡

Bit of Air
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was stifling. Sehun didn't know how the word came to be the only thing that rang around his mind at the moment, but it seemed apropos.

He walked silently through the dark path of the huge yard of the house he had just vacated, leaving behind the laughs and running music that had been straining his sanity. He didn't even know how he had come to be there.

He had accepted coming here to give a bit of prompting to Jisoo. Jisoo, he sighed in a despondent manner before leaning against the trunk of a huge maple tree and looking up to the branches in search of the sky.

He'd been crazy over the girl for ages. He was currently sixteen years old and could very much recall he exact moment he had started crushing on her. The problem was that as sweet as she was, and as lovable as she could be, she was oblivious to many things. Especially him.

Everyone else could tell that he had started to think of her as more than a friend. It didn't take more than seeing his blushes and his stammers in various cases when she was around to start planting the little seeds.

Everyone got wise of it but the intended it seemed. Sehun ground his head against the trunk of the tree, the jaded surface scratching his scalp as it by passed the cushion of his hair. The exercise just brought a jolt of pain that quickly passed and brought him back to his current problem.

He knew very well what had prompted him to show tonight at this party. It had been exactly one week since he had told Jisoo of his feelings. It had been one week of silences whenever he joined her circle. It had been exactly one week since she had avoided any contact with him.

He slammed his closed fist against the trunk, biting his tongue as he piped down the impulse to do it again. He felt a grip on his chest, tightening little by little and then just coming to cover his whole chest. That had been happening a lot lately and surely, he was getting sick of it.

That's why when one of the girls that had been trying to get on his good side for weeks had offered to be his date for a party, he had decided to accept. It took only so long for a person to put up with wavering gazes and being ignored before they took the hint.

He blew air upwards, watching his bangs dance over his eyes. He was severely due for haircut. He didn't know why the thought came to his mind, but it was there. That got him thinking. Maybe it was time for a change.

It was the last year of junior high and after spending the last four years in love with the same girl, it was time for a radical change to get his mind off of the problems that were suddenly looming.

He wanted to laugh out loud at the absurdity of the situation. He grimaced as he felt the stab sensation emerge once again on the left side of his chest, spreading slowly and constricting his throat.

Why was it that it seemed like he was going to cry? He had to ask himself as he tried to gulp down some air. It was better if he kept moving, he decided. With a decisive step, he moved away. He had never been at this particular house and grounds, but he was sure from what he had seen that there was enough terrain for him to get lost in.

It was dark and with a gloomy atmosphere as the plants swayed to the call of the wind. He was glad of his collared shirt, as the temperature dropped. It was getting close to May and the winter blend of temperatures with spring still brought the temperatures down through the night.

"What am I doing here?" he asked out loud to himself. The silence around him drowning in his words as if he had not spoken at all. He had gotten out of the house when he thought he'd seen her. He had caught a glimpse of the back of her hair as she shyly glanced into a not particular guy that was with her. He hadn't recognized him, or really spared more than a glance in that direction when he felt the need to get out of the room.

Suddenly, the room was too small for his liking, with hardly any oxygen to breath. He had obediently followed the shouts of his brain to get out of the room. It just felt wrong to be there.

Sehun uttered a sigh of discontent as he kicked a rock from the path and heard it roll against the dirt. He headed forward, the destination furthest from his mind as he decided to stare at the sky.

It was pitch black. As if nothing would call to him. He tried to look at his watch, but couldn't discern which numbers were being pointed to. It didn't matter though. He had no way to leave himself unless he called for someone to pick him up. And in the end, he had already told his sister, whom he was living with at the moment, that he would be staying over at a friend's house for the weekend.

Said friend was probably going to have the time of his life and he really didn't want to interrupt his merry time. Just because he felt miserable didn't mean that he wanted everyone else to do so as well.

That got him thinking again of what he was trying to distract himself. It was all clear now. She had come to the party after he heard nothing but the contrary. And she came with someone that he could say was a guy. The irritation of it was unnecessary since it all pointed out an obvious clue. She was not interested in him.

He questioned why she couldn't just straight out inform him of the fact after he had gathered the courage to tell her of his feelings. He faulted her for that. Jisoo could be the girl that walked on water as much as he was concerned, but it was cruel to do that to him.

Cruel to stall everything, and dragging things out if she was not going to confront him back and tell him a simple no or yes. He was sure that he would have gotten the message quite clear without having to see her looking at some guy like he had wanted her to look at him for the past years.

He reasoned that life wasn't fair. But it would be alright. This was his first tumble with the better emotions and he was sure it wouldn't be the last. The suffering of teenage hearts.

He chuckled at his own stupid words. He wondered if his drink had been spiked for him to think such an outlandish idea. What was possessing his thought processes?

A giddy laugh escaped his lips, and that cinched it. He definitely was not in control of himself. If any of his friends had caught any of that he would have been accused of being a girl. The highest insult they could manage at the moment.

He shook his head, looking at the dark ground and just sitting down.

He still felt wrong in so many ways that he could not really process his own body's response to the weather. It was very late and with the changing temperatures, he was not completely surprised to feel moisture fall on his neck. It was not that important in his mind.

But that was it. He was done. He had spent the last few years in love with the girl and with this happening, it was time that he got over that. He didn't know for sure how things worked in that department, but with the help of his friends and all, he was sure to find some way out of this emotional predicament.

The first thing he would do the next morning would be getting a haircut. He remembered exactly why his visits to the cutter had been getting longer in and it was no longer necessary. He recalled how months before by some circumstance, Jisoo had remarked how his longer bangs made him look handsome.

That had been enough to get him interested on his appearance. But he was in need of a change. His sister had remarked that a sharp haircut would be able to get attention to his sharp, angular features. She always remarked how he had their father's bone structure. Maybe he would start listening to her.

Maybe he would start taking her advice when it came to a lot of things. She did say that it was about time someone stepped in and talked to him about various facts of life. She would probably be able to shine some light into the world of girls, in which he was hopelessly lost.

His musings, which made him forget about his current predicament, distracted him enough so that he jumped when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Sehun, what are you doing out here?" Jisoo stood to his side, leaning towards him. She was smiling serenely, her lips quirked as her wide eyes focused on him alone.

Sehun just stared back. Wondering if he was beginning to hallucinate. There was no way that Jisoo was outside, in the d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter