Fin

Blackmail (learning from the best)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“So, are you coming?”

Jeno asks, as he walks into their shared living room switching off the bathroom’s light and closing the door behind him, eyes too engrossed on his phone as he reads the embarrassing bidding messages.

“Nope.”

With his thumb in mid air hovering over his phone’s screen, Jeno turns his head to his right to find his boyfriend on the couch, laptop over his lap and still wearing his ratty gray sport shorts and his over sized whitish t-shirt that used to be Jeno’s but Renjun kind of borrowed it two years ago although it should be considered stealing.

“What do you mean ‘no’?”

“I mean,” Renjun begins, as he tries to focus on the anime rolling on his computer more than actually continuing with the conversation. “You asked, there were two options, I chose no-“

“Okay smartass, hold on,” Jeno says, taking his phone away and tucking it into the back pocket of his black jeans before he gets depressed with all the crying emoticons. “We’ve been planning Mark’s goodbye party like, since kindergarten,” He pauses when he hears a ‘you’re so dramatic’ remark from his uninterested boyfriend. “And you just say no so easily? I’m offended.”

It takes Renjun a few seconds to actually realize the conversation is still going on and he needs to reply. Damn, Kuroko was just about to give those wimps the good . “Well, sorry?”

Jeno rolls his eyes so hard that he’s sure the other can hear it.

Sensing that this kind of one side conversation isn’t going anywhere, mostly because Renjun is now cursing whoever Midorima is and he’s sure the goodbye party is not near any of his current thoughts, he decides to take action.

Coming closer, Jeno settles himself over Renjun’s lap in a weird position as he sinks his right knee on the couch next to Renjun’s hip while his other leg comes across the computer screen taking all the line vision. He observes how his boyfriend’s eyebrows get all furrowed with annoyance.

“What the heck Jeno!” Renjun howls as he tries to dodge his hovering boyfriend to get at least a glimpse of the screen - it’s not use though. “First of all, get off, you’re gross!” What a lie. Jeno looks nothing like gross but more like freaking hot all dressed up in black along with a denim jacket – but Renjun doesn’t want to give up so easily. It doesn’t help either the fact that it only encourages his boyfriend to cage him even more. “And secondly, since when are you so flexible?” He asks with genuine curiosity.

Jeno scoffs with pompous sufficiency, “There are still a lot of things you need to learn about me.” Winking he scoots in with that stupid grin and mischievous glint shinning in his eyes as he tries to get closer.

“Ugh,” Renjun grunts as he places his hands over the other’s chest and tries to push him away.

Taking his small hands in his with ease – not like Renjun was trying hard anyway - Jeno makes his way changing to a more comfortable position until he’s hugging his grumpy boyfriend and places his head on the other’s shoulder.

“Come on, why you don’t want to come to the party?”

Renjun sighs loudly but gives up, letting his head fall over the other’s one and allowing his arms to embrace his boyfriend, caressing his back. “Well, because they’re your friends? And I’ve met two of them like, once? No wait, half once.”

Jeno groans, sound a bit muffled with Renjun’s t-shirt. “How can it be half once what the- that’s impossible.”

“No, it was half, okay. We met Mark and Donghyuck at the mall and you got all ‘oh guys, hi, you see this is my boyfriend, nice you’re all meeting after two years of dating him but we’re leaving already, bye’“

Renjun slaps up Jeno’s head when he notices his boyfriend laughing. “It’s not funny, it was embarrassing.”

“It is though…” He replies, gaining another slap.

Sighing in defeat, Jeno gets up and releases his boyfriend, laptop long forgotten at his side. “Okay okay, I’m sorry,” He says sounding less than apologizing. “But,” He sees Renjun rolling his eyes, of course there would be a but. “Isn’t it the best opportunity to meet them all?”

“It’ll be uncomfortable, I prefer not to go.”

“Then, you’re not coming for real?”

“No.”

A deep scowl makes its way over Jeno’s face and Renjun starts to regret not going along with it. “Fine.” He says dryly. “Whatever.”

Picking up his keys and wallet in a pettily manner, he doesn’t even bother to look back as he walks down the corridor to the front door, putting in his black converses and exiting without a word.

 

After getting in his car, Jeno sits there pensive without starting the car. He knows he’s being childish but he thought it would be the perfect day to finally introduce his oh so mysterious boyfriend to the rest of the squad – although it actually isn’t the best timing because they’re all going to be soaked in tears. Plus, he deep down knows he should have made all of them meet sooner but his computer games always seem more interesting.

Mark is leaving to Canada to do his master degree now that he has finished his computer degree here in Seoul, the rest still have a year left which make them the new seniors and he wanted to properly introduce his boyfriend to all of them before one of them was missing.

He checks his phone one last time and immediately realizes it’s a bad idea, it freezes right away with the amount of messages all coming at once. Frowning, he tosses it in the passenger seat.

When he’s about to start it up, the passenger’s door opens and Renjun steps in, hair disheveled like if he has been running a marathon. Jeno looks up at him with a quirked eyebrow, the question floating in the air.

“I know,” That’s the first thing Renjun says, still breathless. “I chose the first thing I found, so don’t judge me.”

Jeno wasn’t even thinking about that because well, Renjun always looks stunning anyway.

He smoothes down his blue and white striped shirt, reaching for the seatbelt and placing it in a way that won’t mess up his outfit.

“Are you sure you want to come?” Jeno finally asks.

Renjun looks up to him, leaving aside his war to maintain his shirt kind of decent. “Yeah,” He shakes his head with a small smile tugging on his lips. “You know how I am when I watch anime. I like to watch the whole season in a day.”

“Yeah, I know it too well, it becomes ‘Ignore Jeno Day’“

Suppressing the urge to kick him, mostly because he would end up in a very uncomfortable position and with a backache, Renjun opts for just slapping his arm.       

Grinning from ear to ear, Jeno brings his hands up looking for Renjun’s face, catching his chin as he peppers kisses along all the flesh around his left cheek and neck. “You’re the best boyfriend.”

Renjun struggles as he tries to avert his face away but laughs anyway. “No, more like the stupid boyfriend that always goes along with whatever idea you come up with.”

“Nah,” Jeno gives him one last kiss this time on the lips. “Definitively the best.”

Finally with everything under control, even his phone after Renjun realized it was under his - which Jeno couldn’t contain his ‘so lucky’ remark - , it’s finally time to leave.

Clapping his hands with excitement, Jeno yells, “Let’s go have fun!”

“Wohoo!” Renjun howls with fake thrill.

 

 

It isn’t fun, it’s depressive.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter