Chances

Chances
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hongseok had just opened his bedroom door when he and Alice were bombarded with flashes of lights of the lower PTG members taking photos of them. Hongseok lifted an arm to shield his eyes while Serena turned her body away from the onlookers towards Hongseok's body, but she didn't miss the words coming from out of their mouths. "OMG!" "It's so true!" "She came back again!" "I know right!" "The first girl to come back two times in a row!" "Hongseok is the man!" "Please teach me your ways, Hongseok!" Alice turned to face them again as she moved their hands away and glared at them. "Um, excuse you. Get a life, please."

"What is it to you?" One of them asked rudely. "You're just one of Hongseok's many paintings in his art gallery." Another added with just an even ruder tone. "See for yourself." One of them shoved their phone into her face so that she could see all of the girls that Hongseok had slept with over the course of his college time here so far. Alice knocked the guy's hand out of the way as she looked at them all with disgust. "I can't believe you're all so proud with the fact of sleeping with so many people like it's of value or something." She cast her disgusted gaze onto Hongseok who was looking at her apologetically. "Don't talk to me ever again."

Alice removed herself from Hongseok's embrace and passed the males with a shake of her head and a sigh. Before Hongseok could reach out to stop her the lower members surrounded him and started firing questions about how to be like him and the likes. Hongseok let out a low growl in annoyance and lashed out at his fellow brothers for their naive behavior. "Quit your nonsense and delete those pictures. I've never thought that some of you were like this." He rubbed his face before looking at them again. "You guys will have yard duties for the next two weeks. We'll talk later. I really need to go." Hongseok rushed off to find Alice. 

"So, which way is your dorm, Lynn?" Yuto asked Lynn once the two left the Phi Tau Gamma's house. "Uh, hold on a minute." She told him while her focused was on her phone so she could text the other three that she had left and was hanging out with Yuto. "What again, Yuto?" Lynn asked after she was done messaging them and placed her phone back into her back pocket. "Your dorm." He repeated. "Oh right. My dorm. That way." She pointed to the left of them as she led the way with Yuto matching her strides while keeping a comfortable distance between them under the night sky that shined with the moon's glow.

It was a comfortable silence between them as it was the two of them walking on the campus as everyone was either partying, sleeping, or studying. Lynn was enjoying Yuto's silent company when there was a sudden sound of a twig snapping spooking Yuto into clinging onto Lynn. Lynn was startled by his action and looked over at the tall male. "Yuto, are you okay?" "Uh, yeah, yeah. I'm totally fine." He answered in a distracted tone while looking left and right of the shadows while still holding onto Lynn's arm. "Are you perhaps scared?" "What? No. No. I just thought I heard something."

Lynn chuckled as she patted his hands in a comforting manner. "I won't make fun of you if you are, Yuto." "Okay, Lynn. I'm slightly scared of the dark." Yuto confessed as he looked over at Lynn. "Go ahead and make fun of me." "Why would I make fun of you?" She gave him a weird look. "That's sad if someone did that to you though." "I dunno. I just thought being scared of the dark seems unmanly." "It's okay, Yuto. Everyone is scared of something so you're not the only one." "Thanks for your words, Lynn. I greatly appreciate it." He smiled at her and she nodded. "You're welcome."

Yuto was going to ask Lynn something, but her phone went off distracting her. "Hello?" She answered after pulling it out from her back pocket. "Oh, hey, you got your phone back. What's up?" Yuto tried not to eavesdrop on the conversation, but he couldn't help but hear it since he had comfortably re-positioned his hands on Lynn's arm to that of linking arms instead and was near her than before. Lynn looked over at him as he flashed her a bright smile while she gave him a confused one, but looked forward and went back to talking on her phone. "Yeah, no worries. I got you. I'll text you when I'm there."

Lynn hung up the phone as Yuto waited for her to say anything if she wanted to tell him anything, but instead she re-directed them in another direction causing Yuto to be confused. "Um, aren't we heading to your dorm?" "No. We're gonna get food. Do you like spicy stuff?" "Um, no. I can't really handle spiciness." "You're like one of my friends. Alice can't handle spicy food either." "Yeah, well I can't deal with the dark or spicy food." "It's all good, Yuto. Where we're going has other choices, too. So don't worry." "Is this a date by chance, Lynn?" Yuto asked a moment later with a shy smile as Lynn nodded. "Sure. I guess you can say that it is."

Just then the duo saw a figure running towards them and Lynn laughed when she heard what the guy was yelling out as he was calling out for her despite not knowing her name. "Hey, you, Shinwon's friend. Shinwon's friend. Hey." Hongseok said as he finally reached them and took a moment to catch his breath. "Hongseok?" Yuto let out in confusion as he watched his friend catch his breath. "What are you doing here?" "I, hold on." Hongseok held up a hand before speaking again. "That's why I'm here. I need to talk to her." Hongseok directed his hand at Lynn which she and Yuto shot him a weird look.

"Uh, why?" Lynn asked while looking at Hongseok suspiciously. "Um, weren't you supposed to be with Alice right now?" "I was, but she left. Something happened and I really want to talk to her about it." Hongseok said in a sad tone with slumped shoulders. "Do you think you could help me with that?" "Ah, that makes so much sense now." "What does?" Yuto asked. "Um, I forget that Alice usually craves Boba Palace when she's super annoyed and wants something to make her forget whatever is bothering her when she's not in her usual weird mood as she eats there all the time." Lynn directed her attention onto the other male.

"But I'm assuming you're the cause of it for her being annoyed?" "Unfortunately, yes." Hongseok admitted with a defeat look, but cast Lynn a hopeful look. "So will you please help me out?" Yuto interjected. "Wait a minute, Hongseok. How do you know Lynn's friends with your Alice although she did mentioned an Alice earlier?" "I remember Lynn from earlier when I was trying to return my Alice's her phone back to her. Also, she's Shinwon's best girl friend." "Girlfriend?" "Yeah, like as a best friend, but a girl and not a guy. Girl friend." "Ohhhh. That's what you meant." "What did you think I meant?" Hongseok shot his friend a weird look.

"It's nothing. It's nothing, Hongseok. Don't worry about it." Yuto laughed sheepishly as Lynn elbowed him knowingly causing Yuto to shy away a bit, but he had moved his arm away from her arm and was now placed around her waist instead. "What?" "Anyways," Lynn re-directed the topic back on track focusing her attention onto Hongseok, "I can help you, Hongseok, but you're gonna have to do everything on your own or Alice won't forgive you." "Anything, Lynn." Hongseok agreed desperately. "I'll do anything to have her forgive me and to give me a chance." Lynn grinned mischievously. "Alright then, Hongseok. Here's the plan."

Alice had just gotten done changing into comfortable clothes after washing her face and relieving herself upon arriving back at the dorm when she heard a knock coming from the main door a moment later. "She's fast." Alice made her way out of the bedroom she shared with Lynn and into the living room towards the door while tying her hair up in a lazy ponytail. Another knock sounded as Alice hurried to open it and tried to close it upon seeing who was on the other side, but Hongseok slipped a foot inside preventing her from closing it on him although he winced from the impact of it.

Alice tried to nudged his foot out of the way, but Hongseok kept a firm stance as she glared at him instead. "I thought I told you to never bother me again, Hongseok." "Technically, Alice, you told me to not talk to you ever again." Hongseok reasoned with a smile w

Please log in to read the full chapter