Zeus the Screech Owl and the Goblet of Fire

Twice Upon A Time

It was that night that she knew...

Dahyun knew that she ed up.

She winced as she grabbed a plateful of chocolate...

In the morning.

She sighed and picked on it while her head is supported by her left hand. 

"You are an idiot, Dahyun." She mumbled to herself as she stabbed the fork to one of the choco pies.

The stabbing made the Hufflepuff table jolt.
They assumed someone got into Dahyun's nerves. So they gossiped.

And like wild fire, it spread.

All Chaeyoung can do was sigh.

All Jihyo can do is roll her eyes.

All Tzuyu can do is growl at her fellow Slytherins to shut up.

All Jackson, Minhyuk, and Taeyoung did was look around.

Now speaking of which, it's those three boy's fault...

Yesterday, she was sitting alone in the library reading. Yesterday, it was quiet in the bloody library.

Until those Bulgarian good-looking punks came in and the whole library became a bloody mess.

-----------

"May we sit here?" Jackson said, pointing at the seat on front of Dahyun.

Dahyun looked up, but she was not able to look at the boy's faces. But seeing as their uniforms are different, she nodded and thought that they could be oblivious to the rumours.

Turns out... They are gossipers too.

"Hey... You're Kim Dahyun, yeah?" Jackson pointed, his face in awe. "That Hufflepuff deliquent?"

Minhyuk, who was supposed to be with his boy group, slapped the noisy Jackson at the back of his head. "Shut up for once, Jackson."

Taeyoung chuckled as he sat down and read his book.

Dahyun looked back at the book she was reading and sighed. She stayed silent.

"Aish... So noisy in here." She mumbled to herself as she looked around the library. Dahyun found girls on every corner, every nook and cranny gushing about the boys in front of her. She sighed again and glared at the girls. The girls instantly shut up as Dahyun eyed them.

"Sorry... We just came here to escape those girls..." Taeyoung sheepishly scratched the back of his head as he whispered to Dahyun.

"Turns out, these girls are practically everywhere." Minhyuk lazily turned the page of the book he was reading.

Dahyun glared at Minhyuk, who was unconsiously making noise with the crumpling of the books.

"Yeah... Never thought that they were going to follow." Jackson sighed and raised his feet on top of the table, taking Dahyun's space.

Dahyun closed her book with a resounding slap. The students of Hogwarts cowered in fear and went back to reading. She glared at the boys and stood up.

"Where are you going?" Jackson asked, grabbing Dahyun's elbow.

"You're taking up my space." Dahyun replied her eyes looking at the shelves. 

Minhyuk pushed away Jackson's feet off the table. "Sorry about him." Minhyuk galed at Jackson as he spoke. "He's an idiot."

"Please don't leave..." Taeyoung looked at her. "We kind of need your assistance for those girls to leave us alone."

"You see, we heard a lot of people talking about you... They are afraid of you." Minhyuk continued Taeyoung's thought. "So we figured if we get close to you, those girls," Minhyuk pointed a thumb at the giggling girls. "Could leave us alone."

"You don't have to talk or something." Jackson said. "You just have to stay by our side... Even just for an hour."

Dahyun eyed them and slowly backed down to her seat. She opened the book she was reading earlier. She turned the pages of the book to continue what she left on. As soon as she was about to start reading, Jackson suddenly spoke up.

"So is it true that you broke Yoo Jeongyeon's arm last year?" 

Taeyoung face palmed and Minhyuk glared at the boy.

Dahyun sighed. The porcelain skinned girl set aside the book she was reading and said, "Yes... I did."

"What made you do it?" Jackson looked at her in awe.

"...My sisters were hurt." Dahyun said. "Are we done?"

"I heard that Jeongyeon's best friend, Momo was your ex-girlfriend." Minhyuk said, his gossiping self is showing.

Dahyun raised an eyebrow at Minhyuk.

"What?" Minhyuk looked back at her, his shoulders shrugging. "I need to know potential competition."

"She's all yours." Dahyun answered. "Now shut up, I would like to read."

"Boo!" Jackson shouted and that made the librarian shush him. Jackson bowed his head sheepishly, apologizing to the librarian and whispered, "Boo... Reading is boring."

"We are in a library." Dahyun deadpanned.

"Right. But we could just hang out here. What better place than the library." Jackson smiled as he twirled a random book he got from the shelf with his fingers.

Taeyoung grabbed the spinning book and slapped it lightly on Jackson. "Idiot." He said. "If we get kicked out of here because of you destroying a book, I will destroy you."

"Fine, fine..." Jackson raised his hands in surrender.

"By the way, we are about to put our names in the goblet later tonight, are you going to enter Miss Kim?" Minhyuk excitedly whispered to the small group.

"No." Dahyun curtly said. "People die in this tournament."

"Well, that does not faze you at all." Jackson murmured and Taeyoung threatened him to shut up by pointing a quill at him.

Dahyun sighed. "I'm going to class." She stood uo from her seat. She looked at them by the corner of her eye and said, "I'm sorry. Thank you for the company."

And she walked away.

The boys looked at each other and smiled and followed her to their next class and as soon as they catched up with her, they started asking her questions and Dahyun gotta admit,

She missed having friends like this.

----------------------

Zeus the screech owl was pearched on a branch near the Beauxbatons' carriage, where the girls temporarily reside. Zeus hooted and swooped down to one of its small windows. The carriage revealed a wonderful hall. White marble walls and golden accents, periwinkle blue was sparkling in every hall. 

He hooted excitedly and hid underneath a white wooden chair and waited for a certain girl's arrival.

Moments later, there she is. 

Myoui Mina.

His friend, Dahyun's potential mate. His wings flapped happily at the sight of the graceful girl.

Mina walked through the hall along with a girl. Zeus believed that the girl's name is Somi. 

He followed the two through the enchanted halls of the carriage and listened to their conversation.

Zeus, if he could, rolled his eyes in annoyance.

Somi was talking about Dahyun and her sisters, that they were trouble makers.

Zeus, if he really could, sneered. He was a witness of what really happened.

Dahyun loved someone, and that someone was a good girl. She loved her in any way possie. Dahyun loved Momo, despite all the lies that sprouted. Dahyun, Zeus flapped his wings violently, Dahyun didn't do all those things to Momo. That boy... Oh, if Zeus was human, he would've punched him right in the face. That boy, Jin, that Gryffindor was a fraud. He sprouted all those lies and they all, Hogwarts, believed in it.

Dahyun didn't hex anyone.

Dahyun didn't do anything horrible.

Momo believed she did, so she broke off the ties with Dahyun.

No matter how much Dahyun tried to make her believe it was not her, Momo did not want her back.

Dahyun slowly began to be corrupted by anxiety. 

By depression.

She started to become lonely, afraid...

Uncertain.

Dahyun was mocked. People don't know how it feels.

Dahyun is right, Zeus mused. 

People think they're right, that they are superiors because they do not know how it feels to be the victim of a single lie.

Now he understood why Dahyun is confused of her sisters' actions hence, he is also confused. Why would Dahyun's sisters just let go of the lies? How were they able to do that? It is unfair to Dahyun.

You see, Dahyun is a good girl. Despite being raised by a death eater.

Yes, a death eater.

Draco Malfoy.

He was an... Odd man but, was he a caring man? Yes he was. He had his own son who left him. Scorpius Malfoy left him for he has his own family. Draco, who figured that he does not want to be alone again, he adopted the Kim Sisters, Jihyo, Dahyun, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu and raised them as his own.

Until he died of old age.

But of course, Jin wanted to be a star, he exposed them, the sisters, that they were raised by a reformed death eater.

Really, if Zeus was human he could've hexed Jin to Hell.

All Zeus's musing has come to an end when Mina and Somi stopped in front of a door.

Zeus can't read, but he knows that it was Somi's room. 

Oh, thank Merlin! 

Alone time with Mina at last!

He followed the girl to the end of the hall, he figured that the door of their right is Mina's room and as soon as she opened the door, Zeus prepared for flight.

And fly he did and pearched on Mina's chair which was infront of a mirror.

Mina let out a gasp, also clutching her chest as she was trying to calm down her racing heart. Zeus hooted and tilted his head.

Mina was amusing, Zeus thought.

"You scared me..." He heard her murmur and giggle as she sighed. "And who might you be?"

Zeus hooted and raised a foot, indicating that his name was on his foot tag.

Mina raised an eyebrow.

"Smart owl..." She said and walked closer to Zeus.

"Zeus..." She read as she held the tag. She flipped it and found out that it was Dahyun's owl.

She blushed and Zeus flapped his wings.

Dahyun really does have an effect on her.

Again, if only he could roll his eyes. This time, in both amusement and well... 

He was cringing.

"So you are Dahyun's owl, eh?" Mina smiled. "What are you doing here then?"

Zeus hooted and pearched on her shoulder. He snuggled further onto Mina's scarf.

He wants to go around Hogwarts with Mina.

That is what he wants.

And then...

His plan will carry on.

"Awww... Zeus just want to cuddle..." Mina cooed and scratched him below his beak.

Okay...

His plan will move after this nice little chin scratch.

--------------

Mina went out of the carriage at dinner, apparently, Zeus thought, that it is the choosing of the champions tonight and Mina's presence was in demand by her headmistress, Madame Jung.

Still on Mina's shoulder, Zeus hooted a small song as they walked into the halls of Hogwarts.

Dahyun, he thought, is going to be pissed once she saw him on Mina's shoulder. Oh, just imagining his friend's face was worth laughing at.

"Aren't you happy Zeus?" Mina asked him. "Are you happy? You're going back to Dahyun again. Poor Zeus, lost." Mina said.

Zeus hooted.

No.

I do not want to go back to Dahyun just yet, he thought.

This is a plan.

A perfectly planned plan.

Zeus thought and just shrugged with his wings.

The great hall was now filled with students once they entered.

"Zeus?" He heard a familliar voice.

Uh oh.

"Tzuyu?" Mina stuttered.

"What is Zeus doing on your shoulder?" Tzuyu asked, glaring at Zeus.

"I do not know... I think, maybe, he lost Dahyun somehow?" Mina replied.

Tzuyu raised an eyebrow. "Zeus's been here since our first year in Hogwarts. He knows his way around."

Zeus hooted and flapped his wings yet again then snuggled himself against Mina and that action threw Tzuyu off guard. Tzuyu glared at the owl and said, "He likes you... A lot."

"Does he?" Mina smiled warily as the owl, Zeus and Tzuyu have an intense staring contest.

"Yeah... Unusually so." Tzuyu broke off the stare and looked at Mina. "He does not like anyone holding him except for Dahyun and I. I wonder what he likes about you?"

Mina's eyes widened, Tzuyu rubbed Zeus's cheek. "I'll see you around Zeus. Take care of Mina." 

Zeus crooned, agreeing to Tzuyu.

"Bye Mina." Tzuyu said and walked away to the Slytherin table.

Following Tzuyu with her eyes, Mina sighed. "Your owners are weird, really." She looked at Zeus.

Zeus just shrugged.

Walking to the Ravenclaw table to eat, Zeus flew away and sat on the middle of the table. The Ravenclaw students scrambled away from the screech owl.

"Uh?" Mina called and sat on the seat in front of Zeus. "Are you okay?" She asked the Ravenclaw students.

"No... That's Zeus!" Namjoon pointed. "Dahyun's owl."

She reached out to pet Zeus. The owl leaned into the touch and crooned. "So?"

The whole Ravenclaw table were baffled at the sight. Zeus was being petted by a Beauxbaton girl who is practically a stranger to Zeus.

Meanwhile at the Gryffindor table...

"What the hell?" Jin, the Gryffindor squinted. "Your owl is tainting Mina!" He said to Chaeyoung.

"Excuse me?" Chaeyoung glared at the boy besides Jeongyeon.

"The owl." Jin growled. "Take it away or I will kill it."

Chaeyoung stood up was about to lounge at Jin until her friend, Seulgi pulled her back. "The hell man? Shut up about it okay? It's just an owl!"

"Yeah, the owl of the Devil in Hufflepuff!" Jin exclaimed.

Chaeyoung tried to pull away fron Seulgi but Seulgi was strong. "Chaeyoung stop it." Seulgi murmured.

"What the--- the owl isn't doing anything to you!" Chaeyoung exclaimed.

"The owl isn't doing anything to me but to that Mina girl from Beauxbatons!" Jin pointed at the Ravenclaw table. "Soon Dahyun will kill Mina after she found out Mina touched Zeus! I am only trying to protect her!"

"Are you ing kidding me?!" Chaeyoung swore and the Gryffindor table gasped.

Chaeyoung never swore out loud. They knew that this was serious.

"Dahyun unnie is NOT a killer!" Chaeyoung shouted, still being pulled back by the Gryffindor chaser, Seulgi and soon, the other Gryffindor quidditch player beside Seulgi started to help pull the petite tiger back.

Their argument reached the ears of Jihyo who was walking towards her house table. She turned red as she saw Jin about to slap Chaeyoung. She sprinted towards the table and went in front of Chaeyoung. 

And with a resounding slap, the whole school fell silent and found Jihyo, trying to balance herself on the Gryffindor table.

Chaeyoung's eyes widened.

"Jihyo unnie?"

Back at the Ravenclaw table, Sowon immediately stood up and walked to her friend, Jihyo and Zeus...

His eyes zeroed on Jin.

The next thing Mina knew was Zeus flapping above Jin, scratching his face, head, scalp and the arms that was trying to shield himself from Zeus.

Tzuyu found herself comforting her sobbing older sister. She glared at Jin who was covered in scratches.

She whistled and Zeus flew onto Tzuyu's shoulder. The tall Slytherin pulled out her wand and pointed at Jin.

Jin looked frightened. He raised his hands. "Tzuyu?" 

If Tzuyu's glare could pierce him, he would've been lying on the floor, dead.

Zeus hooted dangerously and flapped his wings violently as if telling Tzuyu to hex the boy into oblivion already.

Tzuyu nodded and flicked her wrist and sparks went flying onto Jin's feet. A pop surprised him. He backed off.

"Stay away from my sisters." Tzuyu growled menacingly.

"That's my line."

The students looked at the source of the voice. It came from the Hufflepuff table and found Dahyun fuming. 

Choco pies forgotten, anger radiating. The Hufflepuff table can feel it.

Dahyun's wrath.

She walked slowly, her glare unwavering.

Mina's eyes following the porcelain skinned Hufflepuff, worried.

"Yah..." She heard Dahyun say.

Dahyun stopped in front of a cowering Jin. "I had enough of you." She continued. "And I really, really want to break you."

A screech was heard through out the hall.

It was not from Zeus.

"I really do..." Dahyun said.

The stained glass windows came crashing and there swooped in, Hera.

A griffin, her chest puffed out with pride as she stood by Dahyun.

Dahyun cracked her knuckles. "Someone is really hungry." She smirked and pointed a thumb at Hera, the mother of Cratos. "She also have hatchlings to feed."

Jin trembled. 

"Oh... How I would love to see you being torn into pieces by Hera." Dahyun sighed as she patted the majestic creature. "But, that's too cruel."

Mina covered with her hands, also trembling at every word Dahyun was saying.

"But, I think she does not mind dropping you off in the middle of the forest."

And just with that, Hera launched herself onto Jin and grabbed Jin with her feet and flew away to the forbidden forest.

Dahyun looked around. "Who else?" Her voice cool as ice.

Everyone shook their heads and began to go back to eating.

"What the heck..." Mina sighed and fell on her seat, her feet felt like jelly after that scene. She looked up again to look at Dahyun who was with her sisters, comforting Jihyo.

"Enough is enough." She said to herself. "I really need to talk to her again."

-----------------

Zeus flew around the castle.

His plan was not carried earlier. It was unsuccessful because of that jerk. 

And as much as he wanted Jin to rot in the forest, the headmaster found out about it and asked that half giant, Janghoon to pick up the insolent man child.

Zeus could groan if he could as he pearched on the carriage. Oh, if he was human he could've---

The carriage door opened and Zeus perked up. He found Mina sneaking out.

Zeus tilted his head, intrigued by the sudden action of this young Beauxbaton. He watched her walk on the grass to the other side of Hogwarts and decided to follow the girl. He flew up, as high as the highest tower you will ever find in Hogwarts and found Mina, stopping to meet the Abraxans by the poorly made stables, courtesy of Professor Janghoon.

Zeus's eyes drooped. Is this why she sneaked out of the carriage? To look at the white winged horses?

But what surprised him was the next scene about to unfold.

"Kim Dahyun." He heard Mina speak.

 

 

 

--------------------

Yo yo yo! I is back!

Sorry about the small (okay, that is an understatement) hiatus.

I ran into a few family, school and friend problems and was kind of down. So instead of writing, I kept reading a few fics to get inspiration and I guess this is it! I finally got inspiration to write again. 

I'm not giving up on this series, Twice Upon A Time. I promise. It was just a hard week for me. By the way, it is almost done...

3 more chapters.

Yes you read right. 3 more chapters.

Muwahahahaha!

Well... Until next time.

Toodles!

Sarcasm out!