Final

Love Fool
Zhang Yixing loved Kai blindedly.
His friends’ protest against the young performer fell on deaf ears. He loved Kim Jongin so much as two years of his life revolved around him. He quitted his job as a music teacher to start working for his father’s company to earn the salary needed to support Jongin. Yixing’s father was delighted that his son finally took interest in their family business, never aware that all of his son’s sacrifices was for a young man who would never noticed his son’s love and decision to abandon his passion.
Zhang Yixing continued to serve Kim Jongin.
Serve.
Zhang Yixing grew up to a home where he didn’t need to do chores such as cleaning and cooking. He never knew the purpose of scrub brush. Not until he started learning them in order to clean Kai’s apartment, silently hoping that showing he’s knowledgeable at cleaning even though he came from a rich family would appease him, hoping he would somehow like him for a tad bit.
Who was Zhang Yixing kidding? He learned how to cook, clean, do grocery shopping, online shopping. Everything that he never experienced because the staff did it for him. Unfortunately, Kim Jongin still treated him like a wind.
Zhang Yixing’s efforts are unrivalled. He told his ways to appeal the handsome young man to his friends, only to receive snide remarks in return, pleading Yixing to stop his foolishness on Kai.
Why would Zhang Yixing stop? He loved Kim Jongin more than himself. The first time he saw him perform at the theater, he was in awe. How could someone dance very beautifully with so much grace and passion? Yixing was a dancer himself. He knew that someone has a talent when he saw one. Jongin was so…so beautiful when he danced, Yixing’s heart was doing the same until the performance ended.
Zhang Yixing wanted to see more of him.
And the rest, as they say, was history.
Two years passed and Zhang Yixing thought in all those times he was contented at seeing Kai, even though the latter never spared him a glance. He would only see Kai’s happy face when he received money from him. Is that the only payment he deserved for sacrificing so many things?
Did Zhang Yixing deserve to use his rest days to clean his filthy apartment? He didn’t even have the time to play piano or guitar, the songs he started to compose before he met Jongin were still incomplete. His friends were starting to worry because they didn’t see him for months, they could only talk to their friend on phone for few minutes. When he’s done with the chores, he would try to talk with the Korean man that would only result to get angry look and leave the apartment.
Did Zhang Yixing deserve to receive painful remarks from Kim Jongin that he was so obsessed with the dancer, that he found it creepy and gross?
Did Zhang Yixing deserve a mean suggestion when he tried to talk with the performer again that he didn’t really need to show in the apartment and he could just transfer money to his bank account? But Zhang Yixing wanted to see Kim Jongin in every way possible, because Kim Jongin was his inspiration.
Did Zhang Yixing deserve to see Kim Jongin kissing a D-list actress named Krystal, or flirting with a performer named Victoria? How about the time when Yixing followed Jongin to a club and saw him touching a red haired girl in inappropriate places?
Zhang Yixing closed his eyes.
Wow. His friends are right. He needed to quit this unhealthy relationship with Kim Jongin.
The decision he was made was done, just like how he was finally done with washing the dishes. Yixing dried his hands with paper towels, deeply inhaling while gathering what he wanted to say to Kim Jongin who was watching a drama he knew nothing about.
“Kai?” His stage name was called.
“Mmmm?”
I’m stupid because I wasted two years of my life serving and blindingly loving you but I’ve had enough. I’m going to put a stop to all of - this was what he wanted to say and more, but when words came out from his mouth, it spilled as, “I’m leaving.”
Kai looked back for jiffy then in front, apparently not wanting to miss any scene, “What do you mean?”
“I’m leaving for good. I’m not coming back.”
Yixing saw the young man gave him a small nod, “Good to know that you finally used your brain. Just send me money on my bank account.”
The Chinese man felt the urge to vomit.
This was the real Kim Jongin.
The Kim Jongin who sugar coated all his words when they first met, after getting what he wanted, he turned back to his real self.
Yixing huffed, he couldn’t believe this and he felt like crying. But he had to accept the reality, noting to himself to never shed a tear again on this apartment.
Leave now, Yixing.
He made his way to the doorway to hastily wear his shoes and coat. “Good bye.”
Kim Jongin continued to watch his favorite drama. It never struck him that night that it was seriously going to be the last time he would see his so-called benefactor.
 
 
One year later...
Kai was on his way back to his apartment when to his horror, all of his belongings were outside. There was a small note above one of the boxes informing him that because he didn’t pay his rent for months, someone would occupy his apartment tomorrow.
The dancer raked his hair repeatedly in frustration, “Good-for-nothing landlord.” He mumbled as he took his empty backpack and placed the things he needed the most inside.
“Where now?” Kai asked himself as soon as his feet started to walk on the seemingly endless pavement.
Ever since Yixing left, Kai had to admit he suffered a lot. He thought when the Chinese man bid his goodbye, he was just being dramatic and craving to be noticed. Later that night, he went to his usual club, spent every cent of his savings on drinks since two days later would be the day Yixing delivered him his weekly allowance. Three days came and no Yixing or even money on his bank account.
Jongin shrugged it off, assumed the older man was just trying to vie for his attention. No way in hell Kim Jongin would take the bait.
Two days became two weeks, he received a letter from the phone company he was using, notifying him to return the phone Yixing bought for him. It made the tanned man furious, after returning the cellphone, he went straight to the company where Yixing was working, but even before he could enter, three guards stood in front of him and was told of not being allowed to step in.
Kai saw red, he demanded explanation on why did this happen when he frequented the company on the first few months of knowing Yixing. He received no explanation, instead, he was shoved away from the building.
He started to be nervous, did his benefactor seriously left him? It was close to impossible, he used to all his charm to seduce the Chinese man and have him around his fingers. He made sure of that. Yixing could not stomach to not see Jongin, he kept on telling how attractive and beautiful the performer was.
Two could play a game. Jongin gave up.
He tried to look for Yixing. He waited in front of the company for Yixing to come out, but he never saw even his silhouette for five days of staying outside.
The tanned man borrowed his friend’s phone in order to contact him which resulted to hear voicemail.
Now what? Yixing definitely ditched him.
Jongin assured himself, he could start again. That was the only option he had anyway. He already experienced the worst when he first lived in Seoul.
He could do it again. Moreover, he had high possibility to get one act to another since that had been happening in the past two years.
But no. What Kai assumed was not true.
He was rejected from one audition to another, he tried to settle on minor roles in small performances, he still got rejected. Applying many back up dancer positions got him nowhere. What was more infuriating was that he was evicted from his apartment and ate instant noodles almost every day. The Korean man got a job as a part time cashier at a convenience store and his salary never sufficed on his rent alone.
He tried to ask for help from his friends on the theater and some men and women he saw numerous times at the club who became his somewhat friends suddenly avoided Jongin like a plague, treating him as if they never knew the dancer.
Jongin started to think, was this Yixing’s revenge? Did he use his connections in order to make his life a living hell? The life he had been experiencing was a lot worse than when he first stepped in Seoul.
It was really ing terrible. Screw Yixing.
He was back to zero.
“I guess I have to sleep at the park tonight.” Tomorrow, he could beg his closest friend on the theatre group to let him stay until he earned enough.
Continuous borborygmic sound came from Kai’s stomach upon seeing dozens of restaurant sign boards along the way. The park nearest to his former apartment was more than kilometer away - would it be a better idea to walk slowly or get there fast? He mused. The hunger was starting to ache his stomach and Jongin could only pity himself, with small money left on his wallet, he could only afford a cup of coffee and ramen.
He read the names of the store as a way to distract himself, he would sometimes scoff at some of the names as he found it pretending and unfitting to the concept of the store. Like a coffee shop named C’est Une Magnifique Journée, what does that even mean? The customers, Jongin noticed, are no average. Of course, where else would he see Zhang Yixing again?
Zhang Yixing?
Right. Zhang Yixing was indeed inside of the high-end coffee shop, sitting in plain view for Jongin to see.
The Zhang Yixing who was sporting a jet black hair with hoop earring on his left ear talking with a man he assumed to be around his late 20s. The younger almost swore with the color of the stranger’s hair, was that orange he was seeing? Jongin automatically distanced himself from the coffee shop and chose a place where he could examine the Chinese without him noticing it.
He could see the black haired male face on his position, Yixing definitely looked more mature and… was that a smile displaying on his face? The Chinese man placed his hand under his chin, smiled wider when the orange haired man ruffled his silky hair.
Yixing then sipped his coffee and took a bite of sandwich. Kai’s stomach growled loudly.
The Chinese man wiped his mouth with napkin and stared intently at the man who was probably telling a story, both of them laughed heartily after he finished talking.
He never saw Yixing laughed like that.
No, scratch that, he never saw him smiled, let alone the former.
Yixing made a huge grin while wiping the side of his eyes, shoulders shaking from the aftermath of his laugh. He said something to the person, orange hair guy replied with few words, Yixing then smacked his left arm lightly, showing a shy expression.
“Is this really Yixing I’m seeing?” Yixing showed a poker face most of the time, he would sometimes hear his muffled cries. He paid no attention to it.
He was thinking of entering the coffee shop and talk to the Chinese man. But what? What he would say? Demand an explanation why he was suddenly gone and stopped supporting him? Asked him if he used his connections and made Jongin rejected from one audition to another? Or set aside his pride and apologize to Yixing.
Good idea. Jongin would apologize to Yixing first.
And maybe he could captivate Yixing again…
 
 
Three years ago...
Kai and his group made a big bow after their performance; claps from the audience were music to their ears. Although he played a minor role, Kai still couldn’t believe that he was able to perform at this wow theatre where mostly the rich and famous attend.
“This might be an opportunity to find a rich woman” he said to himself, “so I can live comfortably for the rest of the life.”
Kim Jongin, his real name, grew up on a big, poor family. His mother was sickly, his father worked on construction and his salary was never enough to feed his five sons and one daughter, and cannot buy medicine that his wife needed. Sadly, after months of torment, Kai’s mother gave up, leaving six children and husband behind. Being the second oldest, Kai, who is talented in dancing and acting, tried his luck in Seoul. He experienced the worst on his first few months there until someone working on theatre asked him to audition on a play. And this is the play where he got accepted.
“A minor role, but I hope I will get a big break from this.” He prayed.
“Kim Jongin.” The theatre director called, “Someone’s looking for you.” Kai nodded.
“I’m warning you, Kai. Never mess up.” The director added. “The person looking for you is no ordinary man.” He tapped his shoulder, “He’s in VIP room no. 3, his name is Zhang Yixing.”
Kai made a 90-degree bow, “Thank you, director.”
Wasting no time, he ran to room no.3. When he made it there, he made sure first that he was presentable before he knocked on the door. A small ‘come in’ and he entered the VIP room. The room looked very elegant, Kai noticed. The walls were painted vermillion, the color of nobility. A table was placed on the side with two wine glasses and untouched red wine bottle. Two chairs were faced in front of the stage that were only befitting for royals to sit on. Staring at the only person aside from him in the room, Kai concluded that the man was suitable to be a king. His light brown hair was styled on the right, neatly combed and gelled to perfection and the young Korean was so sure he was wearing a custom-made branded suit because it was hugging his body right, Jongin bet the scarf on his pocket cost thousands alone. Damn, his shoes looked very expensive, too. Black as midnight and probably cost more than Jongin’s life.
Let’s not forget how the man looked: he had small face, eyes were twinkling like the stars in the universe and adding to its celestial look are those thick eyelashes, his nose was a work of art, his lips were luscious with his lower lip more plump than the upper. Handsome over-all.
After examining the man in front of him, he finally noticed than the man was also doing the same, analyzing him. He tried his best to hide his smirk. He knew he was good looking, very handsome at that, according to people around him. Even in the small town where he grew up, his admirable features was praised countless times. His face could make women form heart-shaped eyes, so love struck, swooned. Kai used this benefit for getting money and other stuffs like food and new clothes. He would sometimes silently thanked his grandfather of Chinese and German blood, the reason behind his godly features. He won’t mind thanking him again for this golden opportunity happening right now. God bless his grandfather’s soul, indeed.
He made a deep bow. “Mr. Zhang, thank you for inviting me here. I’m Kim Jongin, I hope you enjoyed our performance.”
The man in suit nodded. “Thank you Jongin-ssi for accepting my invitation despite the short notice. I would like to ask you few questions and a proposition, if that’s alright with you?”
“No problem at all Mr. Zhang. What is it?” He gave him a smile he knew was lethal.
And it seemed effective since the man blushed deep red. “T-that is...” he started, “I want to help you. I know you’re struggling and I heard from the director that you’re supporting a big family. I-I admire you for that, aside from your acting of course.” He blushed deeper if possible, “That’s why... Right, I want to help.”
 
So, Kim Jongin was still alive. He thought he used enough pesticide to get rid of him.
“Yeobo? Is there something wrong?” Sehun was cut off from his reverie when he heard Yixing’s voice.
Sehun tried to give him his best smile. His boyfriend didn’t seem to notice he was faking it. “No, baby. I’m alright. I just noticed that insects still linger around Seoul in plain sight.”
The Chinese man creased his brows in confusion, “Insects? Of course there are insects Sehun, you’re silly. Insects is a vital part in the food chain.” He giggled.
Ah, that giggle. He would love to hear his giggles for the rest of his life. He couldn’t imagine that his giggle was almost non-existent three years ago.
Sehun would make sure to make Yixing smile every day.
He would commit all ways to do that, even the dirty deeds.
The orange hair man nods, “You’re right, baby.”
The tall Korean looked outside again, Jongin was not hiding behind the boxes anymore. It slightly alarmed the Korean, he didn’t want Yixing to see Jongin again.
What if he stole Yixing from him again?
But Sehun loved challenges. Jongin survived after the sufferings he created?
Oh, he would like to see him suffer more.
He felt Yixing’s hand on his, “Hey, are you sure you’re alright? You look pale, Sehun. We can-”
“No, no, baby. I’m alright, really. I just need to go to the comfort room, I’ve been holding my bladder for a while.”
His boyfriend smacked his arm again. “Yah! You got me worried there. Go to the comfort room now, what’s stopping you?”
“Your beautiful face, what else?” Sehun shrugged.
Yixing’s face turned red from his boyfriend’s response, “Get up already!”
The Korean male put both his hands up, “yes, yes, getting up now.” He walked towards Yixing and kissed his forehead, “I’ll be right back.”
“You’re just going to the comfort room, why do you need to be cheesy?”
“You love this cheesy guy.” He winked and kissed his forehead again before he went to the comfort room.
Sehun scanned the area while he was walking. He finally saw Jongin just in front of the door of the coffee shop. ‘Was he planning to come inside?’ He clenched his fist at the thought. The tall Korean called the attention of one of the securities of the coffee shop, reporting to him that he noticed a young male lurking around the shop, explaining to him the physical features of the man. The security man nodded and promised that they would take action.
The Korean made his way to the comfort room, appreciating that it was empty. He pulled out his phone and dialed someone, and with one ring the person answered the call.
“Sir.” He said in a monotonous tone.
“Tao. Where are you?”
There was a pause, “outside the coffee shop, sir.” It was supposed to be a wrong answer as he explicitly told his body guard not to follow him, he was now thankful with Tao’s hard headedness.
“You noticed the man just outside the shop?”
“Yes, sir. That man is Kim Jongin, sir. I was about to call you.”
Sehun nodded. “I know that the security will just kick him away. Report him to the police, Tao. Report him like he was plotting something. Just do whatever it takes to not make Kim Jongin step inside this coffee shop.”
“Affirmative.”
Sehun returned to the table with a smile. He knew how convincing Tao could be, like he convinced theater directors not to accept Jongin, he enchanted Jongin’s friends and acquaintances and explained to them who Kim Jongin really was. He told Tao not to lie, everyone knew how loathsome Jongin was. Sometimes, it came with money and connections when directors refused to reject Jongin, saying the kid had a talent and all. But anyone would follow with money and little threat, especially when Tao mentioned 'Oh Corporation.'
“Hey, yeobo! Look at this puppy I saw on Instagram.” Yixing showed him a puppy golden retriever sleeping. “Isn’t it the cutest?” The Chinese man squealed.
Sehun gave him a genuine smile, this time. “Yes baby, cute.”
Yixing gave him a beautiful grin. “I told you!”
Oh Sehun will protect Yixing and his smile.