Final

Kairos
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kairos (noun): the right, critical or opportune moment.

 

Kim Wonpil didn’t sign up for such a role when little Park Jaehyung decided to hit him with a plastic hammer when they were only 5 years old. Their friendship started at a playground in Busan and since then, they still stuck to each other like glue.

Nevertheless, Wonpil hated parties, crowds, drinking and smoking teens, and most importantly, he absolutely hated assisting a drunk friend. However, he never refused to help Jae whenever he got drunk because he was his best friend after all. They always had each other’s back no matter what. Plus, poor guy didn’t have any luck in love, that’s why he turned to alcohol and the sensational feeling that its after-effect gave him; he merely wanted to drink away his sadness when his possible love interests turned him down.

Truth to be told, Jae was known to be an eccentric figure. He sure had a weird kind of humour but Wonpil never really minded his silly jokes and those weird sounds he made. Maybe it was because they had been best friends for more than 16 years or because he was a particularly patient person. He couldn’t tell.

However, he definitely didn’t sign up for assisting Jae’s little sister who wanted to attend a party for the first time in her life. She was only 15 years old and at her age, Wonpil didn’t even know the definition of parties, his life consisted of studying and playing video games with Jae.

On the other hand, his friend was a pretty chilled guy, so he persuaded his parents to let his sister go to a party. They only let her go under one condition; their parents insisted that she went with his brother, so that he would keep an eye on her. Unfortunately, Jae always found another pretty female for himself – just to get dumped half an hour later −, so Wonpil had to be there for Jimin, Jae’s little sister.

To be honest, Wonpil was an awkward guy in general but when he had to deal with girls, he was even more awkward. Not to mention the times when he had to hold back Jimin’s hair while she was throwing up in the bathroom because she got too drunk. He couldn’t stop her, she always found a way to get away with drinking, so they always ended up in the same place.

Wonpil was already regretting his life decisions and considering consulting a doctor because the state of his heart was criminal lately. Whenever a party rolled by, he was diligently preparing himself for a possible heart attack. He was terrible with assisting drunk people and if that wasn’t enough, he was terrible with assisting drunk people who happened to be females. On top of everything, a particular female who w

Please log in to read the full chapter