Set Me Free

Set Me Free

Chapter 6 

 

Changwook woke to the tangling scent of a woman filling his senses and for a moment, he couldn't remember where he was. 

 

Changwook remains still, not even opening his eyes so that anyone watching him wouldn't be aware that he was awake. 

 

He instinctively knew he was in a place in which he hadn't slept before but at the same time, he didn't feel the customary wariness that usually went hand in hand with waking up in a strange place. 

 

Instead, Changwook felt strangely at eases but at the same time, he felt frustrated, the ual kind, and he felt... 

 

Peaceful. 

 

Wow. He couldn't remember the last time he had felt at peace like this and then Changwook became aware of the warm softness that was press into his side from his shoulder all the way down to his knee. A softness too which its body promptly responded. 

 

Not opening his eyes, Changwook breathes deeply in through his nose, drawing in the familiar scent that was sweeter than anything he had ever known. It could tempt the angels on high into the deepest depths of hell. It was the one scent he would never forget. It was branded on a part of him, even if he lives to be one hundred he would never forget Yoona's tantalizing scent and he was very aware of the feel of her warm soft body press against his. Yoona was laying against his side, her head resting on his shoulder, her hand laid on his chest directly over his heart that was picking up its pace as a result of his building state of arousal. He could feel the mounds of her s press into his ribcage and feel her slender legs that were all but wrap around his leg. She had her top leg draped over his thigh, her foot molded to the other side of his calf muscle while her other leg was press against the side of his. She was snuggle into him like he was her favorite giant teddy bear that she hadn't wanted escaping from her during the night. 

 

Changwook flexes his fingers, wanting to know the exact location of said limb. 

 

Beneath his fingertips, Changwook felt warm flesh that was smoother than silk. 

 

Changwook opens his eyes and turns his head slowly so not to disturb Yoona in her sleep. Yoona was laying exactly as he knew she was but it was the location of his arm that he was curious about. 

 

His arm was wrapped around her. His hand was resting on her side, just below her shoulder. 

 

His fingers mere millimeters away from brushing the underside of her . 

 

Beneath the covers, a certain predominant body part twitches at the mental image that fills Changwook's mind and he quickly slid his hand downward a couple of inches, away from temptation. 

 

He wasn't a saint for crying out loud. Just how much was he expected to take? He wanted to howl or cry or hit something. Hell, he wanted to do all three. He wanted to do something that would both release some of the tension that was plaguing his body as well as distract him from what he really wanted to do but he didn't move. He couldn't wake her. No matter how much the temptation of holding her was, he couldn't wake her. If this was as close as he could ever be to her then he would take this sweet torment. He would bask in what it felt like to hold her close, to keep her safe for as long as he could as she slept trustingly in his arms as tranquil as a little kitten. She had the cutest tiny sated soft cat-like smile on her gorgeous sleeping face. 

 

The moments turn into minutes as he laid there, watching her sleep. She was so trusting and comfortable in his arms, almost like she had no place in the world she had rather be and he hadn't failed to notice how they fit each other perfectly, whether she was at his side or beneath him. 

 

Oh, how he wishes he could make love to her for real but sadly, no matter how much he wanted it, otherwise it just wasn't going to happen. 

 

Yoona had stress repeatedly to the FBI that that absolutely couldn't happen because she couldn't risk getting pregnant. 

 

Yoona had made it perfectly clear that she had died before she gave her dad a grandchild and if Changwook was completely honest with himself, Yoona's fear of falling pregnant wasn't the only thing that kept him from going all the way with her. 

 

Truthfully, he was really concerned and a little unnerved about his near complete loss of control last night. He had never come as close to losing control over himself like that before. Well, not since his teenage years anyway when he had learned the necessity of iron fast control, especially when it came to lovemaking with an opposite that was so vulnerable, physically, against his greater strength. 

 

He had never hurt a woman and especially never in bed and Changwook was proud of that fact. Just two months before his dad had lost his life, he had taken his young son aside and had had the 'men need to be careful with their women, need to be respectful' talk. His mom had laughed when she had found out, fondly referring to his dad's speech as his 'women rule the roost' talk. It had been then that his dad had walked in. Changwook had watch delightedly at his dad who had grin affectionately, replying with a jovial 'that's exactly right son' and then he had hug and kiss his wife with so much love and joy that little Changwook had just smile and silently promise himself that one day he had loved a woman of his own like that. 

 

That had been the moment that Changwook had seen just how much his dad had love and cherish his wife. On that day, not the night that they had been taken from him. 

 

That had been the night that Changwook had learned how completely the loss of love could shatter a man's very soul. Hell itself couldn't have devised a torment worse than what his dad had endured in his final moments. 

 

Yoona stirs making Changwook look down and realize that he was the one disturbing her. His body had become tense beneath her and his fingers were digging into her flesh, not enough to leave a lasting mark on her soft skin but enough that she felt the discomfort in her sleep. 

 

Changwook forces his body to relax and was relieve when Yoona sunk back into a deep sleep and despite the direction, his thoughts had taken, his body was still reacting to her closeness. 

 

Oh boy. There was no telling just how many times they had had to re-enact last night's performance. Just how long could he last before his control snap and he ended up turning their fake intimate relationship into a real intimate relationship? 

 

He wasn't an idiot. Changwook had known from the first time he had laid eyes on her that there would be times when their fake intimate relationship would become somewhat uncomfortable for him, challenging even, but he could never have anticipated the physical agony that he had have to endure. He was a healthy red-blooded man who had never really had any problem getting himself laid when he had been so inclined, so abstinence wasn't something he dealt with on a regular basis. 

 

He wouldn't have called himself a womanizer. He made it a point to make sure that the woman knew going in that he wasn't the commitment type and he had tried to avoid breaking any hearts and now that he had finally found a woman with whom he wanted to get serious with, relationship wise as well as ually, he couldn't have her. He could hold her, he could kiss her but he couldn't have her. 

 

Fate was an ironic cruel . 

 

Yoona was the most fascinating, most exciting woman that Changwook had ever met. If they had met under normal circumstances, bumping into each other on the street maybe, Changwook had no doubt that he would have perused her with every ounce of his skill and wouldn't have stopped until they had firmly embedded in a serious relationship. 

 

As it was, thoughts beginning with the phrase, 'maybe after all this was over' were starting to worm their way into his mind and such thoughts were dangerous distractions that he couldn't afford to take right now. 

 

Nothing like this had ever happened to him before, on or off the job. He had never let anyone get in the way of his work, of his life's mission, his vendetta to bring Im Sejoon and those like him to justice but Yoona... 

 

The depth of his feelings for her was starting to scare him. He was so close to bringing down the man who had personally murder his parents in front of his young eyes all those years ago but he couldn't seem to keep his mind on Sejoon; his thoughts kept wandering back to Yoona. 

 

What he should do was distance himself from her, not physically as they both still had a part to play for her dad but mentally. 

 

Unfortunately, the very thought left a cold nauseous feeling in the pit of his stomach and Changwook knew that any form of distance between them was the last thing he wanted. 

 

Why did it have to be Sejoon's own daughter that he was falling in love with? Why her? Of all the billions of women in the world, why did the one he wants the most have to be blood kin to the man he hated most in the world? 

 

Caring for Yoona felt like a betrayal to his parent's memory and knowing that his parents would have absolutely adored Yoona only made it harder. 

 

If only Yoona were anyone else's, anyone else's daughter. 

 

He felt so conflicted, so torn, that all Changwook wanted to do was go back to sleep, holding her in his arms where he knew she was safest. 

 

Changwook looks down into Yoona's radiant sleeping face and a small grin spread across his lips. 

 

Well, maybe going back to sleep wasn't all he wanted. 

 

Changwook lean down gently swept her hair back and planted a gentle tender kiss on her forehead. His hand gently cupping the side of her head for a moment before it continues on its way along to her shoulder where he gently cups her upper arm and slowly ran his hand down along her arm in one smooth caress, all the way down to her hand. 

 

Yoona was so petite that his hand could almost wrap completely around her upper arm and wrap almost once and a half around her thin delicate wrist. 

 

Changwook carefully picks up her hand and spread it out on top of his own. 

 

Her hands were so small, so delicately made, especially when compared to his own that Changwook was fascinated and more than a little protective. Her bones felt as light and as delicate as a bird beneath the flawless white skin that felt like warm silk. Her fingers were skinny but long, ending in perfectly curved unpolished fingernails. 

 

Yoona was so delicately made that if it hadn't been for her indomitable inner strength and fierce will, she would have been left at the mercy of any man's strength and in her current situation, the thought was downright terrifying. 

 

A surge of fierce possession and the urge to protect her flooded him, along with intense anger directed at the men who continue to hold her prisoner here, exposing her to the terrible evils of the world that Changwook and the men and women like him fought against every day. 

 

Changwook carefully closes his hand around hers, almost completely encasing her hand with his and pull her close, holding her in the protective ring of his arms as she continues to sleep with complete trust in him. 

 

No matter what happens, Changwook was going to keep her safe. He wasn't going to let anything happen to her, even if it cost him his own life because he had rather die himself than ever let anything bad happen to her. 

 

Changwook's other hand twitch, craving the weight of his gun. 

 

Yoona stir in his arms, awoken by the tension in his body and his near desperate hold on her, a soft sleepy moan escaping her perfect lips, "Changwook Oppa?" 

 

Changwook forces himself to relax, forcing his violent thoughts and urges away for now. He then pulls away from her enough to look down into her barely open eyes. 

 

He loosens his hold on her and gave her a gentle smile. God bless her, Yoona was still more asleep than awake. Changwook would have loved to stay in bed with Yoona all day, even though being so near her like this without being able to do anything about it was the sweetest torture he could ever have imagined but he had to get up. He had a job to do and a part to play, although it was becoming less and less of an act in a lot of ways. 

 

"I need to go." Changwook told her softly, reluctantly releasing her completely and pulling away from her, "Your dad needs to see me at breakfast. You stay here and sleep, I will bring your breakfast up in a few hours." 

 

Changwook slips out from between the covers and rose from the bed, stretching as he did. He wore only his boxer shorts which he had kept on after returning from his search of Sejoon's office, having found two safes that he didn't have the tools to open. 

 

Something he was going to have to do something about. 

 

Yoona moans sleepily as she closes her eyes and snuggles down into her pillow, already falling back to sleep, "Don't make it too obvious." She murmured sleepily into the soft pillow, wrapping her arms around it as if it were in danger of getting away from her. 

 

Changwook grins broadly at the sight, trying not to laugh affectionately while fighting the urge to climb back into bed with her. 

 

Not trusting his already batter self-control, Changwook quickly pulls on his pants and zip them up but didn't bother fastening the button as he was only slipping from her room to his room next door. 

 

Changwook gathers up the rest of his clothes from the floor where he had left them the night before when they had climbed into bed and Changwook had been forced to endure one of the most ually frustrating nights of his entire life and that included his teenage years which he had spent most of as a ...Well, a teenage boy. Yes, he had come last night but it hadn't been enough. He had come inside his shorts when what he had really wanted was to come inside her. 

 

With his clothes tuck under his arm in a messy ball and his shoes hanging on two of his fingers, Changwook headed for the door. He had to get down to breakfast so that he could pretend that he was the young man who had just slept with the daughter of the dangerously powerful man of the house and all while Sejoon pretended that he didn't know what by now the whole house knew. 

 

Changwook shook his head at the absurdity of it all. He had to pretend that he hadn't done something that he really hadn't done. He hadn't had with Yoona but now he had to go downstairs and pretend for her dad that he really had but was trying to act like he hadn't. 

 

With one last longing glance at the goddess in the bed, Changwook whispered 'sleep tight' to her already sleeping form as he closes and locks the door behind him. 

 

Scanning the corridor to assure that the coast was clear, Changwook soundlessly slips into his own room. He intended to take a long cold shower and put on some clean clothes before going down to breakfast and he wasn't going to hurry either. Changwook needed some time to get his head back in the game before facing the next round of this sick game between Sejoon and Yoona. 

 

When Changwook had first accepted this assignment, he had known that he was taking a huge risk; he could meet his end in any number of ways. He could be found out and shot or torture and then shot. He could take a bullet in the process of apprehending Sejoon from one of Sejoon's goons when this thing met its conclusion. He could be discovered on one of his little midnight reconnaissance strolls and be shot or mistaken for an intruder and shot. 

 

Or he could be kill by a bus crossing the street or be forced to take a bullet meant for Yoona as Sejoon had many enemies and rivals who had love to see him die without an heir but never, not once, had Changwook ever consider the idea that it would be ual frustration that brought about his untimely end. It was one thing to live like a monk but it was another thing entirely to be hot and heavy with such a charming and pretty woman without going all the way while pretending that he had. 

 

Changwook had the dreading feeling that there were a lot of cold showers in his immediate future and the even stronger suspicion that no matter how many cold showers he had, they were never going to be anywhere near enough to cool his fervor. 

 

Maybe he would have to start keeping ice packs down his shorts. 

 

Changwook's bedroom door close slowly behind him with a soft metallic click and Kai step out of his hiding place further down the hall, his eyes narrow with malicious fury, his fists clench in barely restrain violence. 

 

So, somehow this pathetic whelp had managed to convince the little to give up the goods. That had been really fast work. Changwook had been in Sejoon's house for only a week and already, he had Yoona on her back. 

 

If Kai didn't hate Changwook's guts so much, he would have been impressed but he did hate his guts and so instead, Kai was furious beyond words. 

 

Kai was going to have to do something about Changwook and he was going to have to do it quickly or else the little would be pregnant with Changwook's kid instead of his. 

 

Sejoon had told him that once his little was pregnant that Changwook was history but Kai didn't trust it. Sejoon was coming to like this pathetic playboy and he might just keep him around to keep his difficult of a daughter in line. 

 

If that happens then Kai would lose everything that he had coming to him, everything that was rightfully his. 

 

Kai pushes away the very idea. He would kill all three of them before he ever let that happen. Sejoon's empire and his of a daughter were his and nothing stood between him and what was his by rights. 

 

Nothing. 

 

Feeling fresher but no less ually frustrated after his shower and shave and change into a very nice suit, sans the tie, that Sejoon had gifted him as part of his signing bonus Changwook left his room, making sure that his bedroom door was lock behind him. 

 

Changwook was no fool; he knew that locking the door accomplishes absolutely nothing because he knew for certain that he wasn't the only key but he plays along with the pretense that he had privacy as it was all part of being undercover. 

 

Besides, there was nothing in his room that could give him away, not one thing. Changwook was very careful about that. The only thing that could give him away wasn't in his room but in Yoona's. It was sitting in plain sight in her bathroom and had been since Yoona had been drag back after her first escape attempt that had ended with her being smuggled out of the FBI so that her dad would never know she had been there and it was so cleverly but simply disguised so that no one would suspect what it really was and that made it as safe as it could be. 

 

Now that last night which had been a key part of Yoona's plan was said and done, with only his lingering ual frustration remaining, Changwook now had to face the morning after breakfast with Yoona's dad and to tell the truth, he was really curious as to how it was going to play out. Was Sejoon going to act like a real dad and warn him against hurting or using his little girl? Or maybe Sejoon would be so delighted at the belief that he was making progress with Yoona in terms of getting a grandchild that he would do something not-father-like like give him another bonus? 

 

Or perhaps, Sejoon would try not to show that he knew about what he thought had happened last night? 

 

Changwook had slept with the man's daughter for crying out loud. Or at least Sejoon believe that he had. Yes, Sejoon had wanted him too, so he could have his precious grandson, he had brought Changwook into his household and treated him like some prize stud after all but Yoona was still his daughter, his blood. Surely, Sejoon would show at least some small semblance of paternal protectiveness or fatherly concern but with Sejoon, you just never knew. Changwook even had his doubts that there was any humanity or compassion or mercy left in the man after all the people he had kill and innocent lives he had ruin over the past decades. 

 

Changwook was almost at the bottom of the stairs when Kai steps out and purposefully step into his path, his expression spiteful and the look in his eyes was dark and dangerous. 

 

Kai opens his mouth to speak, no doubt to dazzle him with some clichéd insult or threat but Changwook just wasn't in the mood for Kai today. How many times did he have to warn Kai that Yoona was off limits to him and to stay away from her? 

 

"Don't bother." Changwook told him, as he reaches the bottom of the stairs and side-step him, "Whatever you have to say to me, I'm not interested." 

 

Kai growl and step back and to the side, blocking Changwook's path. 

 

Changwook couldn't believe it. Kai had growled at him. Actually, growl. To add to his animalistic behavior, Kai curls his lips, flashing his white teeth like an infuriated bear. He even puffs out his chest as his hands curl into fists. What was Kai going to do next, thump his chest like Tarzan? 

 

"Don't you ever speak to me like that again!" Kai fumed furiously, "I will kill you where you stand!" 

 

Wow. Just how many mob movies had this guy watch? Now he was acting like some corny mobster off an old low budget film that was written with the intention of hitting every cliché branch on its fall down the corny movie tree. Changwook couldn't help himself, he actually chuckles in Kai's face. He wasn't afraid or intimidated by Kai and he was going to let Kai know it. So far, all Changwook had seen of Kai was that he was all talk, his FBI file spoke a different story but for all Changwook knew, it could have just been Kai taking credit for someone else's crimes. He hadn't seen anything from Kai that had made him take Kai as a serious threat to him. 

 

Kai posing a threat to Yoona was another story but Kai wasn't going to get anywhere near her ever again. Kai would die first. 

 

"You are wasting your breath." Changwook told him flippantly, "You don't scare me. You don't intimidate me. You aren't a threat to me but I'm one whopping big threat to you, aren't I? That's why you are so jealous of me. I manage to get in one month what you couldn't manage in a year." 

 

It was childish to rub it in Kai's nose but Changwook just didn't care. He wanted to make it clear to Kai that Yoona was his and that wasn't going to change. 

 

"You think I couldn't have the little if I really wanted her?!" Kai spat back venomously, the muscles and tendons in his neck corded from the intensity of his rage. 

 

This time, Changwook laugh, really laugh at him. 

 

Black rage flare in Kai's cruel murderous eyes. 

 

Changwook couldn't help himself. He pokes the bear again. 

 

"You couldn't get her if you had one hundred years but I wasn't just talking about her." Changwook looks him up and down derisively, telling him without words that he wasn't impressed by what he saw, "Look at you, playing right into the big bad thug stereotype but that's all your doing, playing and Sejoon knows it. Why do you think he kept you away from his daughter even after a year? He knows you are not worthy of her or anything he has. That's why I receive such a warm welcome." 

 

Changwook lifted both of his arms in a 'look at me, I'm all that' gesture. 

 

Changwook wanted to shake his head at himself. He was real close to sinking to Kai's level but he just couldn't help it. He was enjoying himself too much to act like an adult right now and it wasn't like the ist jerk didn't deserve it anyway. 

 

"Sejoon likes me." Changwook went on, intentionally accentuating certain words, "He sees potential in me. Face it, Kai. I'm Sejoon's new favorite and not just because I manage to get Yoona's affections without forcing myself on her. It's because he knows I'm just what he needs in a son-in-law." 

 

Kai's fists came up so fast, heading straight for his jaw but Changwook saw it coming, he had been expecting it and he was faster. In fact, Changwook was surprised that Kai hadn't lashed out at him before now. 

 

Changwook duck under Kai's swing and swung his entire body around, kick out his leg as he spans, gathering as much force as he could and using the perfectly executed full body wide swing kick, Changwook knocks Kai's feet out from under him. 

 

With a cry, Kai fell to the floor like a bag of bricks, landing on his back with a grunt as the oxygen was forced from his lungs by the force of the impact. Momentarily stun and winded, Kai lay on the floor, struggling to regain his scattered senses. 

 

Changwook straightens, standing his full height over Kai as he finally in a long deep breath and started scrambling to get to his feet. With any luck, Kai had hit his head when he had landed on the hard floor with his limbs flailing like an upside-down turtle. 

 

"Give it up, Kai. This is one fight you aren't going to win, no matter how dirty you fight." And with that, Changwook step casually over him and continue on his way to the dining room. 

 

Normally, Changwook wouldn't have turned his back to him, especially given that Kai was armed but Changwook wanted to really ram home the fact that he wasn't afraid of him. 

 

Besides, even though Kai was exactly the kind of coward who had shoot an unarmed man in the back, Changwook knew with all certainty that he wouldn't do it right this moment. Not in Sejoon's house without orders and not on this particular morning with Sejoon and the entire house believing that he was on his way to knocking Yoona up. So, both he and Yoona were safe enough for now. Who knew if Sejoon was in a good enough mood, Changwook might even be able to get Yoona a few more liberties, a little bit more freedom. 

 

Anything would be better than what she had now. 

 

Yoona knew her Changwook had left not that long ago and normally, she would have stayed in bed and really enjoy a long uninterrupted sleep in but for some reason, she just couldn't fall back into her blissful sleep, no matter how hard she tried. 

 

So, only half an hour after her Changwook had left her bed, Yoona had reach for her dressing gown that she kept beside the bed, she was forever mindful of the cameras, and threw aside the covers with a frustrated sigh. 

 

Last night, her Changwook had given her the most mind-blowing experience of her life but it still hadn't been enough. He had made her come just from his mouth on her neck and the friction between their semi-clothed bodies but what she had wanted, what she still wanted, was to feel him inside of her. 

 

She was a and at her age, that was a little unusual but it hadn't bothered her before now. Now, she had found someone she wanted with a burning desire that was surely going to drive her insane. 

 

Last night, she had learned what it was like to have a man's weight on top of her, grinding against her with such delicious friction that her body had exploded with pleasure but it hadn't been enough. She wanted the full experience, she wanted to feel her Changwook inside of her, to come together as man and woman in the truest way possible. She wanted to know what her Changwook was like when he completely lose that damn unyielding control of his. She wanted his hands on every inch of her body. She wanted... 

 

Yoona brought that line of thought to a screeching halt, not because she wasn't enjoying the images and ideas but because she was enjoying it entirely too much. She wasn't going to get what she wanted and right now wasn't the time to be getting herself all hot and bother, too late, when she had the entire day to endure beneath her dad's attention as he would want to know as soon as possible as to whether last night had gotten her pregnant or not. Too bad that he had no idea that it was impossible for her to have gotten pregnant last night as she hadn't actually had last night, never mind the other thing. They had come last night, it was true but she had kept her underwear on and her Changwook had come into her mattress. 

 

Which reminded her, she has to make sure the maids change her sheets as they weren't due to be changed for another three days but it was very likely that the entire house knew that her Changwook had spent the night in her room and would assume exactly what Yoona wanted them to assume. 

 

The maids would change her sheets today. 

 

Right now though, Yoona wasn't going to worry about her sheets. She had a more pressing problem, one that was quite uncomfortable and a shower seem like the only fix. 

 

Yoona felt strange. The ual frustration was still there, it had been since that first make-out session on her Changwook's couch but now, there was something new, a sensation she hadn't felt before. It was hard to describe but her body felt drain and refresh all at the same time. Deep inside her lower belly, she felt strange, sort of strain but the rest of her felt vibrant and there was a bounce to her step that hadn't been there before. 

 

Wow. Yoona could see why was so addictive. 

 

So, this is what she had been missing, huh? She guesses that she hadn't really believed the girls when they had tried to explain it to her. Maybe this was something that had to be experienced to believe. 

 

Or maybe her Changwook was just that good, that skill. 

 

Yoona froze in the middle of closing the bathroom door behind her. 

 

Hang on a minute. Just when had she started referring to Changwook as hers? Changwook wasn't hers and he wouldn't even be. Not in that way at least. He was an FBI agent and he was just doing his job, playing a part. Yoona could feel her buzz draining away and there was nothing she could do to hold onto it in the face of the truth. 

 

Yes, there was something between them, ual chemistry, the same goals, even real affection but there was no telling until all of this was over just how much of it was real. If any of it was real. After this ended, if it ended in their favor and Changwook was willing, maybe they could explore where this went but as things stood now, she couldn't let herself fall for her own con. 

 

Changwook wasn't hers. She had to remember that. 

 

No matter how badly she wanted it to be otherwise. 

 

No matter what, Yoona couldn't let herself fall anymore in love with Changwook but deep down, Yoona greatly fear that it was already too late. 

 

Yoona closes the door and reaches for her vitamins. Taking out the small round pill, Yoona pops it in and swallow it dry. 

 

She needed to take a shower and get her head back in the game. It was only the start of the third quarter and she had be damn if she was going to let her emotions ruin everything now. If she couldn't have Changwook or anything else, she was at least walking away with her freedom. 

 

Sejoon couldn't have been more obvious if he had been holding a flashing sign above his head like a Warner Brothers cartoon character. 

 

Changwook half-expected him to pat him on the back or raise his hand for a high five. 

 

This man could be intimidating. He could do dangerous stuff. He could be charming and persuasive but it appears that what Sejoon couldn't do was discrete or subtly. 

 

From the moment Changwook had stepped into the dining room to see Sejoon seated at the head of the table with a breakfast feast spread out across the table in front of him, it was obviously a celebration meal ranging from pastries to eggs and bacon and various other breakfast delicacies, he had been self-satisfied and downright smug. 

 

Geez, anyone would have thought that it had been him who had gotten lucky last night instead of his only daughter. 

 

The only points Changwook could give Sejoon at all was that he hadn't actually mentioned what he thought had occurred last night, not even using double-entendres. He had greeted him good morning and they had engaged in polite small talk but other than that, Sejoon hadn't said anything but his expression and demeanor proclaim everything. He knew and he couldn't have been more thrill. Or smugger. He reminded Changwook of a male peacock. 

 

Changwook half-expected him to run straight upstairs to Yoona with a pregnancy test; it wouldn't surprise Changwook at all if Sejoon had a dozen or so somewhere in the house, all ready to go for just this occasion. 

 

It was sick. It really was. What kind of dad wanted his daughter pregnant when she didn't want to be? But regardless, this was expected and Changwook was going to take full advantage of it. Sejoon would never be more accommodating short of actually getting the grandson he craved. 

 

"Mr. Im." Changwook began, his tone polite and respectful, "I have been meaning to inquire about Kai. He seems to be somewhat hostile. Is he a threat to either Yoona or myself?" 

 

Sejoon waves his hand through the air dismissively, "Don't worry about Kai. If he was a problem, I assure you that he won't be again. I will have a word with him. You just worry about my darling Yoona." 

 

"She's all I worry about," Changwook told him honestly. It was the truth, everything he had to worry about was in some way connected to Yoona. 

 

"Excellent!" Sejoon beam delightedly. Too delightedly, "As it should be!" 

 

Changwook took a sip of his coffee so Sejoon wouldn't see his scowl, 'As it should be?' If things were as they should be then Yoona wouldn't be in this mess. A dad was meant to protect and nurture his daughter, not keep her prisoner like this in hopes that she had get knock up by someone who was barely more than a stranger to her, "Now, I want you to take Yoona and go and have some fun." 

 

Changwook choked on his coffee, the hot liquid going up his nose and splashing all over his face. He hastily set his cup down on the table before he spilled the steaming liquid on himself any more than he already had as he splutters and cough, trying to clear his airway, not caring that he was using an expensive cloth napkin to cough into and wipe away the hot sticky liquid. 

 

Changwook finally clear his airway and his coughing subside, he then wipes the entire bottom half of his face and focuses for a moment on just breathing. Hot rich coffee going up the nose and down the wrong way was a painful thing. Thank god his coffee hadn't been hot enough to scold him, having cool over the past three minutes or so from scolding to very warm. 

 

Have some fun? Had Sejoon meant that as the double entendre he had taken it as or was his mind just buried that deep in the gutter because he still yearns for Yoona so much? 

 

Sejoon's chuckles reach his ears which in turn made Changwook suspect the former. 

 

"Go and take Yoona out for a day." Sejoon emphasized, as though that had been his real meaning from the beginning once both his chuckles and Changwook's deep measure breaths had subsided, "Relax and just be young people. Of course, you will be accompanied but at a distance, of course. I can't risk Yoona's safety, especially now." 'You mean now that you think there's a chance that Yoona's fallen pregnant?' Changwook didn't say it out loud but by god, he wanted, too. He desperately wanted to call Sejoon on his bull. 

 

"That's up to Yoona." Changwook clears his throat and replied in what he hoped was a convincing cordial tone, "After our night out last night, Yoona might want to relax here at home. Maybe tomorrow if she wants, too." 

 

"Of course, of course." Again, Sejoon waves his hand through the air. What was with that habit? "I'm sure the both of you are exhausted after the events of last night." 

 

Changwook couldn't take it anymore. The double entendres had started in earnest and he fears that they weren't going to stop. 

 

Rising to his feet and leaving his plate only half-finish, Changwook pointed at the ceiling, "I had better go see if Yoona's up yet. I don't want her to miss this amazing breakfast." 

 

"Don't be too concern about Yoona missing her breakfast. Yoona does love her sleep-ins. The kitchen staff always take care to keep a fresh plate ready for her when she's ready to eat. If she sleeps too late, the tray is taken upstairs for her. I always assure that my daughter eats well." 

 

'I'm sure you do!' Changwook snarl in his mind, 'The healthier a woman is, the easier it is for her to fall pregnant!' "I'm glad." Changwook said instead, "I might take her tray to her now, wake her myself." 

 

Changwook turns his back to Sejoon to leave the room, wondering if Sejoon knew he was grinning like the devil's own Cheshire cat. 

 

As Changwook disappears up the stairs with a silver service breakfast tray, Kai steps out of his hiding place, an expression of pure hatred and rage twisting his charismatic face into something ugly. 

 

So, Sejoon was going to take care of him, was he? After everything he had done for Sejoon, this was how he was repaid? 

 

Kai was going to have to do something and do it fast. Either he found a way to discredit Changwook and retake his place as Sejoon's favorite or he was going to have to deal with both men himself. 

 

Either way, everything Sejoon had was going to be his, even his precious daughter. 

 

Changwook may have gotten into Yoona's bed first but after he put a bullet in the man's head, Kai was going to make sure that he was only and the last man in her bed. 

 

After he was done with her, the little was going to wish wholeheartedly that she had never been born. 

 

Changwook knocks before entering but when there was no reply, he figures that Yoona was still in bed and he let himself in. 

 

He was a little surprised to find the bed empty. He had expected Yoona to be sleeping in. No, not because of what they had done together last night on the bed, his ego wasn't that big, but because Yoona loves her sleep. 

 

As he steps further into the room, Changwook could hear the sound of the shower running in the bathroom and for a moment, was sorely tempted to join her but if he did then there was no way in hell that the possibility that she could fall pregnant wouldn't become a concern. 

 

Besides, there was also no telling what state of mind she was in this morning after last night. She might just need her space. 

 

So, instead of joining Yoona in the shower, he deferred to the bed. He wasn't going to think about what they had done in said bed last night. He wasn't going to think about Yoona in the shower, and wet and... 

 

He wasn't going to think about it. 

 

Changwook sat himself and the tray on the bed and in a desperate ditch to distract himself, he picks up a piece of slice watermelon and reflected on how fresh and juicy it tasted. 

 

He didn't notice the absence of the sound of the shower until the bathroom door open to reveal Yoona, who was glistening from the shower, wearing nothing but a fluffy white towel. 

 

All Changwook could do was stare dumbly at the exquisite beauty before him. 

 

Yoona stops dead after taking only two steps out of the bathroom door. 

 

Changwook was on her bed. What was he doing on her bed? He was meant to be downstairs with her dad, playing the boyfriend who had just slept with his boss's daughter. 

 

What was he doing on her bed? Was that a tray? Her breakfast tray. Had one of the maids brought it up or had he brought it to her thinking that she wouldn't make it down for breakfast? 

 

Why was he staring at her like that? He was sitting frozen on her bed with his mouth hanging open and his eyes bugging out of his skull. 

 

Yoona watch as he rose to his feet and without breaking any eye contact with her, Changwook walk straight over to her, as transfixed on her as a zombie on an immobilized target. 

 

Yoona stops breathing. The way he was looking at her, it was like he couldn't quite believe what he was seeing but what he was seeing had completely bewitched him. 

 

He came to a stop only just short of touching her and he raises his hand and gently brushed the side of her face with his fingertips in the softest of touches. 

 

"You are pretty." He whispers reverently, his hot breath that smelt like coffee wash down over her and her face, stealing her senses and made her release her breath all in one rush. 

 

Yoona couldn't look away from him. The world could have shattered and broken apart around them but still, she couldn't look away from his intense eyes. The way he was looking at her, like she was the most precious and beautiful thing in his entire world, made her feel beautiful, special and precious. 

 

The way he was looking at her made it so difficult to believe that any of this was a performance for the eyes that were always on them, watching them. 

 

Yoona remain perfectly still, standing beneath his searing gaze in nothing but the towel she was holding tightly against her s as Changwook's hand slowly went from her cheek to the back of her neck where he gently cups the back of her head, burying his long fingers in her hair. Not once did his fingers leave her skin, his touch leaving a delicious warm tingling sensation in their wake. 

 

Changwook didn't pull her up to meet him, instead Changwook lower his head, using his hold on her only to tilt her head back and after what seems like an eternity, his lips descended down upon hers, caressing her lips in the barest of touches, in the softest of kisses and just like that, time ceases to have any meanings. There was nothing outside of their little bubble. Yoona wasn't aware of the floor beneath her feet or the warm sunlight shining in through the window onto her still damp skin. All there was was the two of them and the soft gentle kisses that Changwook was planting on her lips. 

 

These kisses were so different from those they had shared last night but no less intense, no less potent. 

 

Last night, the kisses had been fierce, hungry and passionate and this morning, the kisses were soft, tender and caring. 

 

Last night, the kisses had been for their audience, acted out according to the plan but this, these kisses, were solely for them. Changwook was kissing her because he wanted to, not because he had to. 

 

Yoona was in sensory heaven. She couldn't get enough of his taste, his touch, his smell. He tasted like every masculine and coffee, his touch was gentle, warm and electric and his smell was driving her crazy. Almost as if he were secretly some sort of potent human pheromone. 

 

Oh, god. She was his for the taking. He could do anything he wanted to do to her and she didn't have the strength left to deny him anything and that should have terrified her, for someone to have such sway over her, but it didn't. In fact, it only excited her even more. 

 

Without warning, heaven came to an abrupt halt and Changwook was gone, leaving Yoona blinking in confusion. Changwook had broken off all physical contact with her and had step back as though he wanted to distance himself from her mentally as well as physically. 

 

Yoona didn't understand and hurt swelled in her chest as she struggles to understand why Changwook had pulled away from her so abruptly. Had she done something wrong? 

 

For a long moment, Changwook just stood there, staring at her with wide unreadable eyes. He looks strain as though he were in physical pain but that was all Yoona could read in him. 

 

Yoona felt his distance and she didn't just mean distance between her feet and his. He had pulled away, in the space between one moment and the next, something had changed in him. 

 

"Oppa?" Yoona didn't like how timid and uncertain her voice sounded but she wanted him to tell her what was wrong but without looking at her again, Changwook suddenly whirl on his heel, turning his back to her and walk straight to the door, "You had better get dress if you want to go for a run." And before Yoona could utter another word, Changwook had closed the door behind him. 

 

Yoona stares at the door in confusion and hurt. What had happen? Why had he step back from her in more ways than the physical and all but run out the door? 

 

Talk about blowing hot and cold. What had gotten into him? 

 

Closing the door behind him, Changwook groans heavily, releasing his breath in one big rush and lean back against the door for support. He ran his fingers through his hair and tried to calm his rapid breathing, his pounding heartbeat, and his raging lust. 

 

Yoona couldn't know it but he had been so close to losing it completely. To losing his hold on his control, to losing himself to his lust, his need, his raging hunger for her. 

 

Yoona had no idea how close she had come to losing her towel and finding herself laying on her back beneath him on the bed that had only been a few short strides away and nothing would have stopped him if he hadn't managed to stop himself in time. No one in the house would have disturbed them, on Sejoon's strict orders no doubt, and Yoona was too inexperienced with men to have regained herself enough to stop him. Had he not found that last desperate shred of self-control at the last possible moment, he would have her on the bed, and penetrated right now. When Yoona had stepped out of the bathroom, fresh from the shower, wearing only a towel, he had been too raw, too work up, from sitting there on her bed where they had shared intimate moments together only hours before trying desperately and failing miserably, not to think about her wet and in the shower, that he hadn't been able to stop himself from going to her. 

 

He had gone to her intending only to kiss her, only to taste her again, but then, he had been so overcome by her beauty, her innocence, and her tantalizing taste that for a short while, he hadn't care about anything but having more of her. 

 

Yoona was more addictive than anything Changwook had ever known. 

 

In the end, it had only been the trust Yoona had shown in him at letting him kiss her while cover only with a towel that had given him the strength of will to break their kiss long enough for him to flee from the room. 

 

The hardest part to bare though was that he knew that he had left Yoona hurt and confuse. He had seen it on her face and in her wide eyes. 

 

He would make sure to apologize to her later and in the end, she would eventually be grateful for his restraint but damn. It was getting harder and harder to stop. He had never known a wanting, a lust like this before and he had once been a teenage boy. He wanted Yoona more than he had ever wanted anything in his entire life, more than he wanted his next breath and the fact that he could touch and kiss her to his hearts content only made it even harder for him, it made the temptation to seduce her harder to resist. They could make out all they wanted but they couldn't go any further than that. 

 

Just how much was one guy expected to take? How much more could he take? 

 

They had taken all the precautions they could have under the circumstances and if they did go all the way, the chances that Yoona would actually fall pregnant were next to nothing but there was still a chance goddamn it and it was a chance they couldn't afford to take, no matter what. 

 

Changwook sigh and raise his head but he wasn't seeing the halls of the mansion, instead, all he saw was Yoona in his mind's eye. 

 

He was grimly determined to find a way to get a better hold over himself or else, he risks blowing everything. 

 

For both their sakes, no matter what, Changwook had to be strong enough to resist the one thing that was quickly becoming his greatest weakness. 

 

Yoona. 

 

It was ironic that the greatest threat to Yoona right now wasn't her dad or Kai or gangster but rather than one person who had promised to help her, who had sworn to protect her. 

 

Yoona steps into Victoria's café as Changwook held the door open for her, entering after her and letting the door close behind them to preserve the crisp cool air-condition air. 

 

Yoona was feeling their run this morning. Her entire body felt strange. 

 

This morning, for some reason, Changwook had wanted to run twice their usual distance and she had felt frustrated enough that she had agreed. 

 

As it turns out, not having when you really wanted too when your body was practically screaming for it, was turning out to be a real . The longer the run had been, she had welcome it but it had done absolutely nothing to relieve her ual frustration. 

 

It had been bad enough when she had woken up feeling really frustrated but after Changwook abruptly broken off their kiss and left her room, she had been left really frustrated and irritated at being left frustrated. 

 

If this kept up, if Changwook kept teasing her like this, Yoona would be left with no choice; she had either have to jump him or kill him. 

 

Both were really tempting ideas and despite everything that had happen between them in the past twenty-four hours or maybe because of it, Changwook's possessiveness and protectiveness over her hadn't reduced in the least, if anything, it had increased. 

 

That meant that there had to be more than just the physical between them, right? That Changwook felt more for her than the ual attraction between them? 

 

Right? 

 

Since Yoona had left her room this morning, dress in one of her usual jogging outfits, Changwook had remain as close to her as possible, jogging so closely beside her that anyone who saw them immediately knew that she was his and the stern expression on his face wordlessly warn the entire world that she wasn't to be approach. 

 

Even now inside the coffee shop, Changwook had his arms wrapped possessively around her waist, holding her press against his side. Yoona felt very protected and possess all at the same time. 

 

What was strange, and was at the same time proof of her own increasing feelings for him, was that the possessive behavior that should have been getting on her nerves by now wasn't. Not even a little bit. 

 

Rather, it made her feel safe and cherish. 

 

Yoona had to be really careful. She was running the risk of becoming way too comfortable with how things were going in their blooming relationship which she couldn't risk right now. At least, not until she knew if Changwook was willing to give their relationship a go, for real, after all of this business with her dad was over. 

 

The truth was that, the whole situation with her dad and again, the whole situation with Changwook was beginning to wear her down. In the situation with her dad, Yoona knew what had to be done, she knew what couldn't happen and knew the risk but she was so sick and tired of being locked in her gilded cage. She just wanted to be free of him, once and for all. 

 

The situation with Changwook wasn't so simple but it was something she wanted to embrace rather than end like the situation with her dad. Her heart and body knew what they wanted, they wanted Changwook but her mind refused to follow suit, given how many questions remain unanswered. Was Changwook coming to care for her as much as she cares for him or was it all just an act for the sake of bringing down her dad? And how could Yoona even trust what she was feeling? Yoona had always believed that she knew her own heart and her own mind but what if she was just experiencing some form of hero worship or damsel-in-distress thing that was making her think she was falling in love with Changwook? 

 

What if after all of this was over, one of them realize that what they had felt had just been an in-the-dangerous-moment thing? 

 

It was these doubts that made Yoona hesitate. As much as she wanted to believe in what she was feeling, the doubts she had wouldn't be ignored or rationalized away. 

 

So what should she do? Go with her head or her heart? A voice in her mind warn her to wait and see where things went with them before she dove in and took a chance on their relationship but with how she felt about Changwook, with how adoringly he treated her, Yoona was finding it harder and harder to keep it in mind that she had to watch her footing because if she took one wrong step, all sorts of things could end up going wrong and in the game they were currently playing, one or both of them could end up dead and yet, end up dead didn't seem like the worst possible thing; losing Changwook would be worse than death. She had already lost people whom she had loved, she wouldn't be able to take losing even one more. 

 

Yoona mentally shook her head. She really was falling for him and she was falling fast. Maybe it was already too late for her, maybe she was already so deeply in love with Changwook that she would rather die than have him break her heart. 

 

Yoona looked at him, drinking in the sight of his handsome profile as though it were the last time she might get to do so. He was strikingly handsome, the male-models-eat-your-heart-out kind of handsome, with his well-defined features and brownish black hair but it was his eyes that made him stand out the most. They were his most striking feature. 

 

His eyes were a chocolatey brown that at times made it seem like he could look at someone and see them for exactly what they were, all secrets and sins laid bare for him to see. There was also a sharp intelligence in his eyes that betray the even sharper mind behind them. His eyes could be penetrating and dangerous, appearing almost black which made him even more intimidating when he faces an opponent and when Changwook look at her, his brown eyes held only a tender softness and gentle affection that Yoona suspected only she had ever seen but right now, his eyes were taking in their surroundings, scanning the coffee shop and its occupants with cold hard serious alertness. He was alert, watchful for any danger to her. 

 

Yoona didn't know why Changwook was so high on the alert, why he was so protective of her that since the moment they had to call an end to their run of the day, he had held her securely at his side but he was obviously on the lookout for something. 

 

Or someone. 

 

Yoona wanted to ask him but didn't. She didn't want to risk letting onto something that might risk their deception at being discovered. 

 

No matter what was going on between them on a personal level, they had to protect the plan. It was their only way out, the only way either of them would survive this. 

 

Yoona drew in a slow deep breath and made the decision that for the rest of the day, she was going to forget all about the plan, her dad and everything else. She needed a few worry-free hours, she wanted to relax and clear her mind. She wanted to be herself again, and have a little bit of carefree fun. 

 

If only for a few hours. 

 

So, Yoona clears her mind and turn her focus outwards. 

 

Behind the counter, there were four attendants, all dress in their coffee brown uniforms, three women, all seemingly under the age of twenty-five and one man. A man Yoona hadn't seen before which definitely meant that he was new. 

 

Yoona had been coming to this coffee shop for a year; she knew all the regular staff. 

 

Besides, there was no possible way she would have miss this guy. He was cute. Not as cute as her Changwook but damn, close. 

 

The new guy was very close to Changwook's height, maybe an inch or so shorter and lean like Changwook too, though a little slimmer and he had short blonde hair, one or two shades lighter than her color. His crescent-shaped eyes were dark brown and he had a big friendly smile on his oval-shaped face, the warmest and cheeriest smile Yoona had seen in a long time. 

 

Yoona like him at first sight. He was the kind of person who Yoona could see being a close cherish friend. 

 

Sadness fills her. She couldn't be friends with him. Anyone who was friends with her was in danger. She couldn't do that to anyone else, not ever again. As long as her dad was alive, she would always be on guard, always be looking over her shoulder and on the run. 

 

As long as her dad was alive, she would always be alone. 

 

Except for Changwook but who knew how long it would be possible for him to be around? The FBI wouldn't keep him undercover in her dad's organization forever and her dad wouldn't wait for a grandson forever. The clock was ticking against them, counting down until something went wrong. 

 

"Hi, my names Kim Jaejoong." The new guy behind the counter introduce himself cheerfully, "What can I get for you?" 

 

Even his voice was friendly and genuinely friendly, not that professional phony friendly that most people who work in a customer service industry use. 

 

"What would you like, Yoona?" Changwook asked her, looking down at her and waiting patiently for her to decide. Yoona gave him a small smile and turn her attention away from her thoughts, "An ombré pink drink please Oppa." Changwook turns back to Jaejoong with a small smile and re-laid her order, "Also, a black coffee with one sugar and half a dozen chocolate chip cookies. To eat here." He added before Jaejoong would ask whether or not the order was to take-away. 

 

Yoona knew Changwook well enough that she knew he didn't like drinking out of disposable coffee cups; he prefers an actual coffee mug. 

 

Jaejoong put together the order then took Changwook's money and promptly handed him the change. 

 

Had Yoona been paying attention she might have noticed the small slip of paper Jaejoong handed to Changwook with his change that wasn't made of the traditional shiny thin receipt paper. 

 

Yoona was trying to kill him, Changwook was now certain of it. 

 

After returning from their run, Yoona had stated out of the blue that she wanted to take a swim. She had asked him if he had wanted to join her but after last night, not even their extended run had been enough to work out the ual frustration that was plaguing him, he had politely declined. He had never been much of a masochist; he hadn't wanted to torture himself further by being half- in the pool with her. 

 

Instead, Changwook had decided to take a book and sit by the pool. He had had little interests in reading anything but intended to use the book as a means of discretely keeping an eye on Yoona without appearing too overprotective of her. 

 

Changwook also intended to make sure that Kai kept his distance while Yoona was in her swimwear. The bastard wasn't going to get within fifty feet of her while she was in a state that was anything less than fully clothed. 

 

That had been Changwook's main reason for declining Yoona's offer to join her in the pool and he was a complete idiot. 

 

Changwook had thought that being in the pool with a wet half- Yoona would be the greatest threat to his self-control but he had been wrong. 

 

So very wrong. 

 

Changwook sat on one of the white padded pool lounge chairs, his book in his lap and his eyes were glued to the siren in the pool. 

 

The cute siren wearing only a Black and Sahara color block push up bra top with matching Black and Sahara color block mid-rise bottom. He had been staring doggedly, doggedly was right, he was surprised that he wasn't drooling, at her ever since she had dropped the white beach towel she had worn down from her room. He hadn't seen this much of her last night when she had been in nothing but her underwear, lying spread beneath him. 

 

Changwook promptly adjusted the position of his book that was sitting strategically in his lap. For the love of god, just how much was one man expected to take? 

 

The sun shone down on the crystalline blue water of the large in-ground pool, the golden rays shimmering on the water's surface like white liquid gold, shimmering on Yoona's wet skin as she moves gracefully through the water, her blonde hair swirling and gliding in the water behind her. She looks like a goddess taking a leisurely swim and it was all Changwook could do to keep himself from falling to his knees before her in reverent worship. 

 

Thank god he had chosen to put on a pair of dark sunglasses before coming down. He didn't want Yoona to see the animalistic hunger in his eyes. It was only from years of practice that he manages to keep a blank expression on his face. If it hadn't been for all those years of practice at keeping a straight face in life and death situations, right now, his mouth would be open with his tongue hanging out like an overheated overexcited dog. 

 

Changwook tried to swallow but couldn't. His mouth was summer-in-the-desert dry. 

 

Was Yoona even aware of what she was doing to him? He was sitting in the shade but he was sweating like he had been sitting in the hot sun for hours. Sweating from his body's need for her and the strain it was under at being denied. He was threaded as tightly as a bow. He wanted her. He more than aches for her; he was in actual pain from his lust for her. 

 

Damn her trust in him. Trust that she had shown in him last night in bed. She had made it clear in the beginning before they had even met that nothing could really happen between them. She couldn't even take the slightest risk of getting pregnant but the kicker was that last night, he could have had her and she would never have objected, not even afterward. 

 

He wasn't a damn gelding, damn it. The physical attraction between them was very real and very potent. Just how much did she expect him to take before he snapped? If they had met under normal circumstances, there was no doubt in his mind that he would have pursued her until she was his in all ways possible. 

 

One of the worst parts was that now Changwook knew for sure that they had be dynamite together in bed. The fire, passion, and attraction were there in spades. He had had a taste of it last night but that had been all a taste. He had come in his boxer shorts, grinding himself into her mattress. He had come because of her but he hadn't come inside of her and he wanted that. Oh, sweet lord, how he wanted to be inside of her. 

 

Pain in his hands and fingers brought Changwook out of his turbulent thoughts and he looks down to see why. His hands and fingers were hurting because he was grasping the ends of the armrests so tightly that his fingers were digging into the varnished wood. 

 

Drawing in a deep long breath, Changwook will his body to relax and loosen his hold, relaxing his hands and uncurling his fingers, flexing the digits a few times in an effort to ease the discomfort and then Changwook's eyes return to the woman in the pool. 

 

Changwook groans inwardly. One way or another, Yoona was going to be the death of him. 

 

Yoona could feel Changwook's eyes on her. She had felt his sharp gaze boring into her from the moment she had dropped her towel and dive gracefully into the pool, wearing her bikini. 

 

Changwook hadn't taken his eyes off of her ever since. Even though he wore those dark sunglasses and kept an expressionless mask on his face, Yoona knew that he was watching her with his intense laser-like gaze. She could feel it, feel his eyes on her. 

 

Yoona had never felt more like a woman in her life, had never felt ier or more alluring in her life. 

 

She had changed since she had met Changwook. She had come to life and it was all because of him, of what he brought out in her and what he made her want to be. 

 

For so long, she had been living a half-life and she hadn't even known it. Her entire life had revolved around her mom and hiding from her dad and then after her mom had died, her life had become all about mourning her mom. Then her dad had found her and her entire life had become about fighting him and trying to regain her freedom and putting the elements of her plan together. 

 

Now, even though she was still trapped, even though she was still her dad's prisoner, Yoona felt like there was more. More to her life, more to live for, more to experience. 

 

For the first time in her memory, it felt like there was a future out there waiting for her, one she wanted to embrace. With Changwook. 

 

She was a prisoner but she had never felt more alive, strangely she had never felt freer. 

 

Which spoke to just how deeply she had fallen in love and if this here was all that they had, this fake relationship then Yoona was going to enjoy it for all she was worth. What did she have to lose? Her heart was already his for the taking so what was the worst that could happen? 

 

Only this morning, Yoona had resolved to keep some distance between them, at least until she knew for sure that this thing between them was as real as if felt but now, only an hour later, Yoona didn't want to keep any distance between them. She didn't want to hold any part of herself back anymore. 

 

Yoona was so fed up with holding herself in that in this moment in time, she was going to forget everything else and just have some fun. 

 

Yoona pulls up mid-lap and rightened herself, leisurely treading the water in the middle of the pool. She swept her hair back from her face and look up at Changwook. His book lay forgotten in his lap and his eyes behind those dark sunglasses glue to her. 

 

"Want to join me?" Yoona calls to him, from the middle of the pool. 

 

"I'm fine right here." He replied, rather tersely. He was fine, downright fine in the sense that he was drop dead gorgeous but in the sense of his well-being...Well, he looks anything but fine. 

 

Yoona grin broadly, wondering if he knew she was intentionally teasing him, "Really, cause you look hot and bother. Is the heat getting to you?" 

 

Changwook said nothing in reply but judging by the way his jaw was clenching, Yoona knew that he was grinding his teeth. 

 

Yoona couldn't have been in a better mood. She was actually having fun. She was flirting with him and she was surprisingly good at it. Who would have guessed that she even had such skills given her limited experience? 

 

The seconds pass and neither of them said a word as they continue to stare at each other, Yoona as she leisurely trod water and Changwook through his dark sunglasses. 

 

It was Changwook who broke the silence first. Without any obvious trigger, Changwook threw his book carelessly aside and surge to his feet with all the drive and purpose of a man on a mission, a man who had made a decision and had no other course but to stick to it. 

 

Nervously, Yoona wonders if she had pushed him too far. Yoona knew he wanted her ually and that he had to be as as she was, if not, more so, so it was possible but despite his lethal prowess and thunderous expression, Yoona wasn't afraid of him. That was one thing Yoona was certain of when it came to this man; Changwook was the one man in her life whom she knew would never lay a hand on her in anger. 

 

Yoona was so sure of it that she would bet her life on it and in a way, she was doing just that as it was Changwook whom she had placed her trust in to get her out of her current situation. 

 

Changwook reaches the edge of the pool right in front of her, pulling Yoona away from her thoughts and glare down at her through his dark sunglasses. 

 

Like a moth drawn to the flame, Yoona went to him, moving through the water to the pool's edge. 

 

Yoona was submerged in cool water up to her chin but despite that, she felt hot, a heat that was quickly becoming familiar to her. It was the heat of desire and her body was burning for him. In fact, she was surprised that there wasn't steam rising from the water and Yoona was in just the right mood to do a little something about her body's raging desire. 

 

"Come on, Oppa." Yoona purr seductively, "Get in and play with me." 

 

It took every ounce of Yoona's self-control not to giggle at Changwook's reaction to her obvious 'come and get me big boy' invitation. His nostrils were flared in the way that Yoona knew indicated arousal and his jaw was clench so tightly that he had to be hurting himself and even though Yoona couldn't see his eyes because of the dark sunglasses he wore, she knew that his narrow eyes were focused intently on her, only on her. 

 

He was such an intimating badass when he wanted to be, especially with his flawless poker face but Yoona wasn't afraid of him. She knew he would never hurt her and besides, she knew from up close and personal experience that he wanted her every bit as much as she wanted him. 

 

Yoona was enjoying herself. This newfound feminine sensuality empowers her, made her feel like the strong confident woman she had always known she would become. 

 

It made her want to test Changwook, to see how far she could push him. Poke the bear, so to speak. 

 

The moments past but Changwook didn't move, didn't give any reply to her seductive teasing and Yoona found herself growing impatient with him. She wanted to play and she wasn't going to be denied, not today. She was so fed up with denying herself. 

 

She wanted to have some fun, never mind that a little metaphorical devil had just set itself down on her shoulder. Yoona felt her seductively smile morph into a mischievous grin before she could stop it. A grin that made fear flash across Changwook's face that Yoona saw for what it was. 

 

Smart man. Changwook was learning. Her mom had had a number of wise sayings that she had often quote while raising her daughter but it was one in particular that pop into her mind, one that Yoona would carry with her all her life. 

 

'It was a smart man who fears a woman's wrath.

 

Ok, so maybe she wasn't feeling very wrathful at the moment but she was feeling playful and to her mind, Yoona felt that it fits just as well. 

 

Without any further warning, Yoona lunch herself up, out of the water, grasp hold of Changwook's wrist with both hands and using all the strength in her legs that were brace against the side of the pool, Yoona yank Changwook downward. 

 

With a loud splash, they both fell back into the blue crystalline water. 

 

In the chaos that was blue water and white tingling bubbles, Yoona didn't fail to notice that Changwook had lunch himself to the side ever so slightly, enough that he hadn't landed on top of her and as a result, Yoona was able to resurface much quicker. 

 

Yoona resurfaces, drew in a much-needed breath of fresh oxygen and before Changwook had even popped his head back up out of the water, her boisterous laughter fill the pool area. 

 

The shock of cool water on his heated skin lasted only a moment and the confusion of being yank underwater lasted even less but Changwook didn't resurface right away. 

 

Even underwater, Changwook could still hear Yoona's jovial laughter, muffled and distorted as it was and it made him smile. 

 

Yoona was the most unpredictable woman he had ever met and it surprises Changwook that it was one of the things he loves most about her. Pulling him into the pool had been childish but Yoona obviously didn't care. She had wanted to pull him into the pool and she hadn't cared about anything else and had simply done it and now, Changwook was going to show her his playful side. With a mischievous grin, Changwook dived deeper into the water. 

 

If Yoona wanted to play then he would play. 

 

As the seconds tick by, Yoona became all the more concern. She had expected Changwook to resurface, maybe scold her for pulling him into the pool, maybe laugh or maybe even glare at her but he didn't resurface and now that she wasn't laughing anymore, Yoona realized that he wasn't where he had been. She couldn't see his distorted form anymore. 

 

What the...? He had been right there in front of her the moment before. 

 

Where had he gone? 

 

Yoona carefully scans the pool around her, moving into the center as she looks around. A feeling of unease was creeping up her spine, the kind that screams that she wasn't in a safe place, the kind that told her that she was being watched by a predator and she was the prey. 

 

"Changwook Oppa! This isn't funny!" Yoona snap irritably, more from her own nervousness. The damn man was turning her own game against her. 

 

Where was he? This was a swimming pool, he couldn't have just disappeared but as Yoona scan the pool for a second time, whirling in place, there was no sign of him. 

 

Drawing in a big breath deep into her lungs, Yoona let her body sink into the water, submerging her head and scanning the water. It was then that she noticed something out of place in one of the far corners of the pool, in the deepest end. It was too small to be Changwook but her curiosity was snared and she decided to investigate. 

 

It wasn't more than eight or nine meters from where she had started out but by the time Yoona reach the corner, her lungs were beginning to demand a fresh supply of oxygen. Knowing she had only seconds before her lungs demands became inescapable, Yoona grasp hold of what turns out to be material stuff into the bottom corner and then push her body upwards towards the surface. 

 

Yoona drew in three deep breaths before she turns her attention to what was in her hand. It took her a moment but then she realized what she was holding. 

 

Changwook's clothes. His shirt, pants, and socks. All roll into a ball and stuff into the corner of the pool. 

 

Yoona had the strange thought that maybe she should try to find Changwook's shoes that were no doubt somewhere on the bottom of the pool. 

 

The hair on the back of her neck stood up and Yoona immediately knew that there was someone behind her. It wasn't movements in the water or ripples that gave him away, Yoona could feel him behind her. Sense him and she was cornered. Literally. She was in the corner of the pool. She had to act fast. She wasn't going to make this easy for him. She wanted this game to last a little longer, she wanted him to work for it before he caught her. 

 

Releasing Changwook's clothes, Yoona threw herself backward and to the right but it was already too late. 

 

Before she could move more than a few inches, something hard and hot close in around her from behind and in the blink of an eye, Yoona found herself being press into the corner from behind. Her arms were pin to her sides by Changwook's longer thicker arm that was wrapped around her midsection and her legs were pin between the hard smooth piles of the corner of the pool and Changwook's long muscular legs from behind. 

 

Changwook free hands slam down on the edge of the pool beside her head to keep them both above water. 

 

Yoona would have cried out at the exquisite sensory delight of it all if she hadn't known for sure that it would alarm Changwook that he might have hurt her. Changwook's warmness at her back and the coolness of the water and the tiles at her front. It was very nearly more than Yoona could take. 

 

Helpless to do anything else, Yoona closes her eyes and lets her head fall back onto Changwook's shoulder and bask in the wonderful feeling that came from being in Changwook's strong arms. 

 

It really excited her that he wore only his boxer shorts. Yoona could feel his hard perfectly tone body against hers. It was sending jolting electric zings through her entire body and into her lower belly. 

 

"You shouldn't tease me, Yoona." Changwook whispered huskily into her ear, his hot breath like an actual touch against her cool damp skin, caressing her ear and the side of her face, sending a tingling sensation down her spine, "When it comes to you, my control is stretched to the limit as it is. You know I want you." 

 

Well, his words and the proof of his hard desire for her was pressing against her backside. 

 

If Changwook's hold on her hadn't been so constricting but not painful or even uncomfortable, Yoona wouldn't have been able to stop herself from rubbing against that hard bulge that she really wanted to explore. 

 

Her entire body felt like liquid heat and her mind was drowning in sensuality so deep that rational thought was beyond her. She didn't care about all the reasons she had to not do this; her body wanted this and right now was all that matter. 

 

"I want to touch you," Yoona whispers breathlessly. 

 

Her words had all the effect on him as a physical blow. His body jerk around her and then he became as rigid as the pool wall against her front. 

 

At first, Yoona fear that he had become so rigid because he was going to use that frustrating control of his to refuse her and pull away but then, with a feral growl, Changwook loosen his hold on her enough that he was able to turn her around to face him. 

 

Yoona had enough time to catch a glimpse of feral intense fire-fill eyes before he hungrily crushes his lips down onto hers and kiss her with a passion that was a hair's breath away from being violent. His tongue forces its way into and lures her tongue into a dance with his own. 

 

His hands had found their way into her hair, one cupping the back of her head in a firm grip and the other was curled around her neck, holding her neck in place. Beneath the surface of the water, his body was press flush against hers, almost crushing her between the cold hard pool wall at her back and his hard hot body. 

 

She was helpless against his almost violent passion and Yoona was loving it. 

 

Realizing that her hands were free, Yoona will her hands to find Changwook's skin. She wanted to touch him, to explore his semi- body that she was free to explore. She flattens her hands against his chest, feeling the hard muscles beneath the heated skin that twitch and quiver at her touch. 

 

Without her consciously aware of ordering them to do so, Yoona's fingers curl of their own accord and ran her fingernails down his chest to his stomach. 

 

Changwook growls wantonly into and redoubles his efforts on until Yoona was drowning in his all-consuming seemingly-unquenchable passion and then Changwook's hand left her neck and slowly, inch by inch, crept towards her . 

 

Changwook's large hot hand close over the mound of delicate sensitive flesh and Yoona was lost to him. 

 

Two stories above, hidden behind a long tall window that reflected the light and kept him from being seen by the couples of unsuspecting young lovers below, Im Sejoon watch with an emotionless expression on his face and a pleased glint in his eyes. 

 

Not even when his rebellious young daughter had pulled her young handsome fully dress lover into the pool had his expression change from an emotionless mask. On the surface, he was a man hardened by years spent living in a life of crime, slowly clawing his way to the top but inside, Sejoon was rejoicing with smug satisfaction as he watches evidence that all his patient waiting had finally been rewarded. 

 

His daughter had a lover. Finally. Sejoon considers himself a patient man but even his patience had been dangerously close to coming to an end with his willful and trouble-making daughter. It wouldn't be long now before his daughter fell pregnant. Changwook had spent every night since their first date in her room and Sejoon had no illusions about just what it was that they were doing in there behind lock doors. 

 

Below, tuck into one corner of the pool where Yoona was almost completely concealed from view, Sejoon watch as Changwook raise his head and scan the area around them as if he could sense that they were being watched. It was clear that the young man was making sure that no one was watching, that they were alone before he returns his attention back to Yoona. 

 

Sejoon promptly turns his back to the window. Wanting his daughter pregnant was one thing but she was still his daughter; he didn't need or want to watch it happen. 

 

He was delighted with the progress in his daughter's relationship with her young handsome bodyguard and because of it, he was in a genuinely good mood for the first time since his son had been taken from him by his enemies. 

 

Soon. Soon, he would have what he long for, a male child of his bloodline to carry on his name and his legacy. 

 

Oh, no doubt his daughter would still adamantly refuse to give him a grandchild and no doubt she refuses to allow the young man she had so obviously fallen in love with into her bed without the proper precautions. 

 

Little did either of them know that their precautions had already been dealt with. It had only taken a matter of minutes for his personal assistant, Mrs. Choi, to locate Changwook's little stockpile of condoms in both his bathroom and bedside table and only a few minutes more to make a little adjustment to each and every one of them. So, it wouldn't be long now. In fact, the rate his daughter and her lover were going, he had had his first grandchild within a year. 

 

His plans were coming along nicely and maybe, just maybe, if Changwook didn't disappoint him, he might even allow Changwook to remain with Yoona. Maybe even marry her, make an honest woman out of his daughter and who knew, it might even settle her down a bit. Hell, he might even get more grandchildren from them and the more the better to control his daughter with. 

 

Of course, he would have to test Changwook's loyalty first. If Changwook proves loyal and gave him grandchildren then Sejoon would reward Changwook well. Kai wouldn't like it but that hardly matters. Kai would get his rewards but in the end, it would be the man loyal to him who father his grandson that would eventually get everything. 

 

He would have to keep a very close eye on Changwook and maybe in time, Sejoon would let Changwook in on what was coming to him but first, Sejoon wanted his grandson. Nothing was going to stand in his way. 

 

Not Yoona, not the young handsome protector guarding her. Nothing. 

 

Yoona was his daughter and look so much like her mom which kept her safe from his impatience this long but it wouldn't last forever. 

 

Whether Yoona like it or not, she was going to give him his prize. 

 

Kai was seething as he watches the Yoona and her pathetic playboy go at it, all hot and heavy in the pool for the whole world to see. 

 

Every few minutes or so, the pathetic fool would scan the pool area before turning his attention back to the little in heat but there had been no chance of Changwook seeing him where he was hidden in the dimly lit room mostly conceal behind the half-open heavy drapes. 

 

Oh, how he hated Changwook and the little . Black hatred and rage burn hot and powerful within him and it was all he could do to keep himself from reacting violently at the sight of another man taking what was rightfully his. 

 

His hands curl into tight fists, his hands going white and his bones howling in protest but Kai didn't care. 

 

He had to do something about Changwook and soon because there wasn't a chance in hell that Kai was going to let some pathetic pretty boy just waltz in and steal everything he had been working towards. Sejoon believes him loyal and Kai knew that one day, soon, everything Sejoon had was going to be his, including his little insolent of a daughter but first, he had to get Changwook out of the way. 

 

It appears that his time to strike had come and it seems that those two might just be the perfect means to finally get everything that he deserves which just happen to be everything Sejoon had. 

 

Kai narrows his chestnut brown furious eyes on the pair, briefly fantasizing that it was him in the pool with her instead of that loser, only in his fantasy, the little was screaming in pain from his less-than-generous attentions. 

 

With a disgusted snicker as the fantasy faded from his mind and his eyes once more saw the two fools in the pool, Kai whirl on his heel and stalk out of the room, away from the sickening display. 

 

Very soon, both Sejoon and Changwook were both going to meet their untimely end and then Yoona was going to wish that she too, had met her untimely end once he finally gets his hands on her. 

 

A pure evil anticipating grin spread across his lips and twisted his face into a cruel expression. 

 

Yoona would wish for death but there was no way that Kai was going to let her get away from him so easily. Her agonize screams would be music to his ears, music that would echo through the mansion that would be his for a very long time to come. She would learn her place and she would learn who her unforgiving master was. 

 


 

N/A: I would like to say I'm sorry for making you guys wait for the next chapter and thank you to you all for being patient with me. This is the last chapter of the day so I will see you guys again next week for more chapters ^^ 

 

Happy Halloween and have a safe night out to those who will be partying or going out trick or treating 🎃

 

- butt3rflyl0v3r ♡