Run & Gun

Run & Gun

The ring of his alarm clock. 

The splash of running water. 

The buzz of his shaver. 

The bubbling of boiling water. 

The rich aroma of black coffee. 

There’s just one more thing to complete Kim Kibum’s usual morning routine and if Kibum is right, he can expect it to happen in 3… 2…

“Morning, Prof.”

Along with the greeting muttered in a deep voice comes two hands that naturally settle onto his waist but Kibum is having none of that this morning. Before his young lover can wrap his arms fully around him, Kibum swiftly turns around and places his hands on his other half’s chest. A smile tugs on the corner of his lips and just like that, he deceives his lover into thinking that all is back to normal this morning.

It isn’t.

Kibum is still angry that his 23 year old boyfriend, Choi Minho, has successfully enrolled into his class this semester. He’s even angrier that there’s nothing he can do about it without arousing the suspicion of the academic board. And so, instead of allowing his hands to linger against Minho’s sturdy chest, Kibum presses them flat and in a split second, exerts a force strong enough to make Minho stumble back a few steps.

“Woah-”

“This is what I should have done when you came onto me in class.”

“You’re still angry?” Minho’s lips purse into an adorable pout, “It has been weeks… I’ve even already submitted the first assignment of the class, Prof.”

“Do you feel sorry?”

“Nope.”

“Exactly.” Kibum nods, “This is your punishment.”

With that, Kibum turns his attention back onto his coffee and focuses on transferring the hot liquid into his usual tumbler.

Minho sighs out loud, “I thought my punishment was sleeping in the guest room?”

“That too.” Kibum answers, screwing the cap of his tumbler tight, before he turns around and looks at Minho sternly, “Which reminds me, stop sneaking back into our room when I’m asleep.”

“Aha! You said ‘ours’, hyung, that’s why-”

Before Minho can even finish his sentence, Kibum simply rolls his eyes and walks away without saying anything more.

Just as he brushes past Minho, a gentle force holds him back by the arm.

Kibum spares Minho a look, “What?”

“My game. Tonight.” Minho breathes out, looking hopefully at Kibum, “It’s the semi finals. Are you coming?”

Kibum shrugs, “I have papers to grade.”

Minho doesn’t hide his disappointment as he releases his grip on Kibum.

“Always so responsible.” Minho mumbles and sighs, “Well, I hope you have a productive day, Prof.”

Noting the sarcasm in Minho’s voice, Kibum takes a good long look at his young boyfriend before he decides to let the conversation end this way. Anything more would just mean an argument would ensue since both of them are stubborn in their own ways. Besides, Kibum is not going to allow Minho to make him feel guilty or bad just like that. 

No, he isn’t.

 

 

It’s hours later when Kibum enters the university sports complex and convinces himself that it is not guilt which led him here. He is just a very nice person with a kind heart, who knows it’s only right he personally makes a special trip down to the indoor basketball court to show his support to Minho. In fact, Kibum is so kind that he does not need anyone to recognise how much of a wonderful person he is. And so, he lies low and tries to blend into the crowd. It really isn’t that difficult considering how it feels as if the whole student body is here to support the home team. 

The venue is packed with only a handful of empty seats left. Kibum chooses a seat furthest away from the front, telling himself he’ll just stay until Minho’s team is leading comfortably and leave as discreetly as he came. This way, no one (and by no one, Kibum means Minho) would realise that he even stepped foot in the sports complex.

It’s all going well until Kibum ends up staying for the entire duration of the match and celebrates Minho’s team win along with the home crowd.

So much for thinking he’ll go unnoticed in the considerably large indoor sports arena.

Minho must have some sort of sixth sense to be able to spot him in the crowd of supporters at the stands. Seriously though, how was Kibum to know that the basketball players would throw basketballs to the crowd so the fans can keep them as mementos? Come on, they may have won the game but they’re not even that famous.

Kibum wants to hide but it’s too late. The moment their eyes meet and a smirk grows on Minho’s face, he knows he’s in for a round of teasing once they meet back at home.

 

 

”Don’t-” Kibum says as soon as Minho arrives home looking like the cat that got the cream, “Say anything.”

Minho doesn’t make a sound. He simply smiles, heads straight towards Kibum and tackles him into a hug. The next thing Kibum knows, they’re both on the floor and Minho’s entire body weight is on him. That’s not all. Kibum is also immediately surrounded with a strong smell of alcohol.

“Are you drunk?”

“No.”

“Minho.” Kibum’s tone is firm.

“I drank but I’m not drunk.” Minho buries his nose in Kibum’s neck and mutters, “There’s a difference.”

“Fine.” Kibum huffs, “Can you get off me now then?”

“Never.”

Kibum tries to push Minho off him but Minho resists and hugs him tighter.

“Hyung, I love you.”

“Just because I watched your game?” Kibum scoffs and stops all movement, “Looks like it’s pretty easy to get you to say ‘I love you’. That means you’ll have to say I love you to soooo many-”

Minho shuts him up with a kiss. 

“For someone who’s older than me, you’re pretty childish.” Minho comments after leaving Kibum almost breathless with a deep kiss.

“You talk too much.”

“Are you hinting for me to kiss you instead?”

“Shut up.”

“Sure.”

Minho’s lips are on Kibum’s again. This time, his hands are under Kibum’s shirt too.

“Not on the floor, Minho.” Kibum mutters, pushing Minho away half-heartedly, as Minho trails kisses down his neckline.

“How about the bedroom then?” Minho asks, lips against Kibum’s collar bone.

“Shouldn’t you be exhausted after the game?” Kibum questions, puzzled.

Minho pushes himself up and looks into Kibum’s eyes with a smirk, “I’ve got an extra boost of energy because you came.”

Kibum rolls his eyes.

“I mean it, hyung.” Minho turns serious, “It means a lot to me that you came to watch me. Thank you.”

The sincerity in Minho’s eyes prove nothing less. And if Kibum were to be honest, he never did doubt Minho for even a second. He just likes being difficult with Minho, simply because it doesn’t make him seem so utterly useless when it comes to Minho.

“So can I sleep in the bedroom again?”

It’s as if Minho knows Kibum is softening up.

“If only sleeping is the only thing on your mind…”

“It is.” There’s a glint of mischief in Minho’s eyes as he grins, “Sleeping with you, that is.”

Kibum gently punches Minho on his face, “Don’t make me regret being in a relationship with you.”

“You won’t,” Minho winks, “In half an hour, you will regret nothing.”

Minho doesn’t just defeat his match opponents in basketball that day.

He also single handedly defeats Kibum.