Part 1

Not Over Yet

Eversince Wheein walked out of her life, Solar's sky turned to grey. Each time she returned to an empty house after work, it killed her bit by bit. She would dump her blazer and handbag on the couch and made her way into their bedroom. In the middle, their wedding photo still stood proudly and Wheein was so beautiful in white.

What was she searching for the last 5 years of their marriage? Why was she so weak to fall for another woman when she had a perfect wife dutifully waited for her to get home, with dinner served and everything? Now what was left - a broken marriage, an empty home and a tonne of regrets. 

There was a registered letter addressed to her with an URGENT and IMPORTANT stamps on it. She knew what it was. It was from Wheein's lawyer demanding her to sign the divorce documents. Kim Yong Sun still refused to sign. No, this couldn't be the end. She needs Jung Wheein. That one woman she was supposed to love and cherish for the rest of her life.

She sat on the left side of the bed that used to be Wheein's favourite side and buried her face into the latter's pillow. Wheein's flowery scent was still lingering and Yongsun could feel tears welling up in her eyes.

"I love you". She used to hear these whispered words in her ears each time Wheein woke up in the morning. She didnt cherish it and now she longed to hear those words again. 

"Wheein..Wheein.. Please forgive me. Please come back to me." 

Kim Yong Sun uttered the same words like a broken record. That was her routine every single night. 


Jung Wheein was getting frustrated when her lawyer told her that the divorce has not been settled. Her estranged wife was still not returning her lawyer's calls and ignoring the court's letters. She was getting impatient but she knew she didnt have the courage to confront her unfaithful wife face to face.

5 years of marriage went down the drain when Wheein realized she wasnt her only one. Wheein wasnt too sure if she still loves Kim Yong Sun either. But someone helped Wheein to move on - her new boss, Kim Tae Yeon.

"Wheein-shi, is everything alright? You seem to be lost in your own world." 

"Oh. Im okay. Just feeling sleepy."

"Take a break then. I will continue."

Wheein found a job as a pastry maker. Kim Tae Yeon is the owner and she has lost her wife to cancer years ago. "Tiffany's Bakery" is the name of the shop and Taeyeon has two lovely daughters - 5 year old Yoona and 3 year old Seolhyun. Wheein felt sorry for her boss as she raised her daughters up on her own. 

Taeyeon has shown interest in Wheein but the latter wasnt too sure if she was ready. Her marriage isnt exactly over yet. But Taeyeon was willing to wait. But one thing for sure Wheein grew closer with the two little girls especially Yoona.

"Mommy Wheein, Yoona got first in class!" 

The 5 year old is really close with Wheein. Perhaps Wheein gave her comfort when the little girl lost her other mother to illness. Wheein doesnt mind taking care of the children. 3 year old Seolhyun clung to Wheein as the latter was leaning towards Yoona. Seolhyun is too young to understand anything but she adores Wheein more than Taeyeon. 

"Mama..."

Wheein's heart melted each time Seolhyun called out for her. She embraced the child tightly yet gently and gave Yoona a soft kiss on her forehead.

Honestly speaking, Wheein wanted a family with Yongsun but the woman had other plans instead.  Taeyeon smiled as she watched Wheein's tenderness and gentleness unconditional love for her daughters. 

Tiffany would be as lovely but the woman braved through 10 years battled with ovarian cancer. At least she got to spend 4 years with Yoona and 2 years with Seolhyun. And she loved them unconditionally. Taeyeon was devastated when Tiffany succumbed to her illness. But she was relieved because Tiffany is with God now and her miserable and painful moments were gone.

When she met Wheein, the woman was battered with pain, disappointment and betrayal. She was about to give up on her life but Taeyeon guided her back to the right path. However Taeyeon was taken aback when Wheein told her she had asked for a divorce with her wife.

Since then, the pair spent more time together before Taeyeon gave a job to Wheein. Taeyeon learnt to love again but this time she didnt go too deep. She was certain that Wheein loves her wife despite her unfaithfulness.

Grew closer somehow made Wheein moved on, taking one step at a time. But things werent that simple and Taeyeon advised her to rethink of her decision.

"She is not answering my lawyer's calls. Shes not even responding to the letters."

Wheein suddenly voiced her frustration. Taeyeon listened quietly.

"What does she want from me?"

Wheein was close to pull her hair out. 

"Maybe she still loves you."

"Does she?"

Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders.

-
Moon Byulyi aka Moonbyul felt guity for ruining her superior's marriage. She could have found someone else but she fell in love with a married woman instead.

She didnt mean to break them up but she was too greedy and needy for love. They had an affair for 5 years and it killed Moonbyul when Yongsun ran to her house one night.

Yongsun cried so hard that night. She felt lost and confused. She kept rambling about her loss, leaving Moonbyul bewildered.

"What are you talking about?"

"I lost my wife."

Moonbyul was supposed to be elated but witnessing how broken Yongsun was; she finally realized that Kim Yong Sun has always been in love with her wife, Jung Wheein.

They broke up and Yongsun went on her way. Moonbyul left Seoul and went to Japan with a broken heart. However she met a mysterious woman who had completely enthralled her with curiosity.

Hwasa was her stage name. Her birth name is Anh Hyejin. But she preferred her stage name more. Hwasa is a singer at a night club. Moonbyul wanted to drink to death but Hwasa was entriguing enough that got her attention. 

Both became good friends. Well Moonbyul couldnt figure out whether Hwasa is straight or gay. 

"I have no preference. Both are fine."

So shes a biual. Moonbyul was being careful this time. But one night changed it all. Moonbyul was tipsy and Hwasa took her back to her place. Hwasa said something along the lines and somehow a confession was made.

"If youre willing to give me a chance, I will want a chance to heal your heart."

Hwasa's confession was perfect. Moonbyul gave her that chance.
-
Jessica Jung arrived from New York. Shes running a clothing line business and also searching for a new meaning in life.

She lost her boyfriend to an accident 3 years ago. She struggled with the pain but eventually triumphed out of her misery and returned to Seoul. She wasnt looking for anything special but she longed for someone on some nights.

Her sister, Krystal is a caregiver at a child care centre. She was thrilled to see her older sister again. Jessica visited her at her centre.

"Give me 15 mins. Im waiting for Miss Kim to pick her up her daughters."

"Sure."

"Can u wait with the girls? I will be closing up the rooms."

Krystal was holding Seolhyun in her arms before transferring the child to Jessica. Yoona was busy reading her story book. Jessica held Seolhyun in her arms, the girl was staring at her. With a pacifier in , Jessica was amused at the little girl's cuteness.

"Can i have this?"

Jessica was teasing Seolhyun with her pacifier. To her surprise, Seolhyun gave it to her. 

"Oh. Seolhyun likes you."

Jessica looked up to find the 5 year old Yoona was giving her a toothless smile. 

"Shes not used to strangers?"

Yoona shook her head and added on.

"The only people who could hold her is Taeyeon omma, Mommy Fany, Mommy Wheein and Teacher Krystal."

That made Jessica felt honoured and somehow attracted to the little girl in her arms. But her heart crushed as she learnt that the girls just lost one of their Mommies to cancer a year ago.
Krystal told her everything. She was heartbroken.

Just then, a woman emerged from the front door. She was panicking and sweating. Probably she was in a rush to pick up her children.

"Kim Taeyeon."

Jessica was introduced to the girls' biological mother. And Jessica's heart had never beat so hard before.

Jessica was completely smitten with Kim Tae Yeon.
-
Kim Yongsun searched for the little bakery. She has been dragging her divorce case for almost a year. She has been searching for Wheein for the last couple of months but everyone she knows was tight-lipped about Wheein's whereabouts.

Finally Yongsun managed to win over her in laws's trust once again. They could see how sincere and remorseful Yongsun was. The woman was reduced to skin and bones. Her mother in law pitied her. 

So there she was, with a newfound faith, Yongsun was on the way to win her wife's heart once more.

She had written all the words she wanted to say and had been rehearsing it again and again. She told herself that she wouldnt go home without Jung Wheein.

She found the little bakery but Wheein wasnt alone. She saw a little girl in Wheein's lap calling her Mama. Fortunately, Wheein spotted her and she was so shocked to see her estranged wife.

Yongsun stood rooted to the ground. She couldnt greet her and another blow came when another girl called her Mommy. A 5 year old girl affectionately called her Mommy and another woman came in view.

"Mommy Wheein, Taeyeon Omma made your favourite cake and bought you flowers!"

Wheein bit her lower lip. Yongsun was broken. She was too late. Wheein has moved on.

-
Jessica couldnt get Taeyeon out of her mind. It was ridiculous the way her heart wanted to meet that woman again. And Krystal doesnt know much about Kim Taeyeon.

"This is really stupid."

Jessica sighed and decided to head out to clear her cluttered mind. She took a drive and came across a little bakery shop. 

Tiffany's Bakery.

It sounds interesting. So Jessica parked her car and went inside. The cakes and pastries were aligned neatly on the serving trays. They looked satisfyingly delicious. There was a woman mending the counter. They exchanged a smile before Jessica picked up a tray. 

Suddenly someone ran in from the entrance with a child in her arms. She was screaming for help and the woman at the counter rushed to her aid.

"Whats wrong?"

"Seolhyun fainted!"

Jessica was stunned when she realized that the woman is Taeyeon and the child is the little girl she carried at the child care centre.

She ran towards them and grabbed the child. She gestured to her car.

"Hurry, I will drive you to the hospital."
-
Kim Yongsun is a paeditrician. She specialized with children. Shes a doctor. Dr Kim Yongsun. This doctor had an affair with her intern for 5 years. She selfishly ended the relationship and the intern asked for a transfer. Dr Moon Byulyi has been transferred to Japan.

The doctor regretted the affair. But she never blamed it on Dr Moon. It was her fault. Her stupidity was the reason why she failed in both relationships. Served her right. Both women left her.

Dr Kim was about to leave for the day. No matter how screwed up her private life was, Dr Kim is still the best children doctor at the hospital. She loves kids. And she had always wanted one with Wheein.

But instead of that, she made a regrettable decision that jeopardized her marriage. She was keeping her patients' files in the metal cupboard when someone barged into office.

"Dr Kim, we need you. Dr Park is not here yet and we have a child with a blue code. Shes not breathing."

Without hesitation, Dr Kim grabbed her sethescope and ran after the nurse. She was requested at the emergency room. The little one looked familiar but she shrugged it aside. She examined the little girl with urgency and barely managed to revive the child's heartbeat.

The intensity to save this child was amounting to pressure. She had to give all she could because this precious is someone's child. It would be heartbreaking if she losses this life.

Fortunately, with God's gracious, she got a faint heartbeat. It may be weak but at least the little one revived and she would survive.

Dr Kim would make sure of that.
-
Wheein's heart was pumping really hard. Taeyeon was crying and it turned out that the customer who offered to drive to the hospital is Miss Jung's sister. She was here with Yoona. 

Taeyeon was unconsolable. It reminded her of the night when she lost her beloved wife to death. She was not ready to go through this again. She held on to Wheein.

Wheein has somewhat became her pillar of strength. Although they had never really said much of their current situation but Wheein seemed to know what to do. The younger woman enveloped her arms around Taeyeon, giving her the comfort she needed. They had a vague relationship but there was no time to be awkward anymore.

Seolhyun means so much to her and as much to Wheein too. Their main concern was only Kim Seolhyun. Everything else became secondary that night.

But to Taeyeon's surprise, Yoona sought Miss Jessica Jung's comforting arms instead of hers. The older Jung was craddling the 5 year old in her embrace. Somehow it reminded her of Tiffany.

The older Jung was humming to nursery rhyme softly. It was the same tune as what Tiffany would hum whenever Yoona was upset or couldnt sleep at night. It was in English.

"Who are you, Jessica Jung?"
-
Dr Kim had to report to the girl's family. She was all smiles at first because she saved a life but when she approached the waiting area, a familiar face greeted her instead.

"Yongsun unnie.."

Jung Wheein. Now she remembered. The little one in the emergency ward was the same little girl who called Wheein Mama.

But Dr Kim remained professional and maintained a smile. She reported the little girl's condition to Taeyeon. Seolhyun is out of danger now but she had to be warded for observation.

Yongsun walked away briskly after that. She couldnt take it anymore as she witnessed the happy tears and hugs shared between Jung Wheein and the little girl's mother. 

It was over. She should let Wheein go. Her most beloved person has found someone else. And they have a family together, just like how Wheein wanted before.

Jung Wheein, on the other hand, couldnt erase the sadness gaze Dr Kim has given her awhile ago. It hurt her. It tore her apart. It has been a long time since she saw Yongsun's vunerability and fragility. She used to hug Yongsun tightly as it would comfort Yongsun as well as ease her own aching heart.

Her arms were hugging Taeyeon but she watched helplessly as Dr Kim retreated back to her office. She wanted so much to hug Yongsun but she was afraid. She was terrified of the pain and devastation Dr Kim gave her before.
-
Seolhyun was slowly recovering. Taeyeon was at the hospital all the time. Wheein looked over the bakery and Yoona. But someone has been visiting little Seolhyun frequently.

"Oh. Miss Jung, its so nice of you to visit Seolhyun everyday."

Jessica smiled before putting her attention on the little one instead. The girl was estatic to see Jessica. 

"Momo!"

Thats the new nickname for Jessica. Taeyeon was puzzled yet amused at how comfortable her daughters became with Jessica especially her youngest girl.

Nevertheless she needed to say thank you so the pair headed to a coffee house nearby. Seolhyun was sleeping by then.

Taeyeon was thankful and grateful towards Jessica. They shared some similar interests. And Taeyeon found out about Jessica's loss. She then realized that they both knew and experienced the pain of losing their loved ones.

It takes a long time to heal but somehow you will make it somehow. Jessica's wise words touched Taeyeon's heart.

"We might have lost them but that doesnt mean they are gone forever. I have always believe that whatever comes into our lives is a gift. A gift from God to help heal our broken hearts. Maybe I come to you is like a healing gift just like how you came to me. Talk to me if you need someone who can understand you."

Taeyeon was moved.
-
Yongsun felt sick and weak. She couldnt lift her head. It was heavy and the throbbing pain smashed against her skull.

She cried like mad. Her pillowcase was so wet and her eyes were red and puffy. She couldnt erase Wheein's smile to Miss Kim. That smile was hers. It belonged to her.

But she could only blame herself. Yongsun's body felt like jelly but she forced herself to get up. However she had severe fainting spells. Times like these made Yongsun misses Wheein even more.

Lately Yongsun has painful headaches. The back of her head would hurt her. The pain sometimes paralyzed her. She was too heartbroken that her body has malfunctioned over time.

But today it was excuriatingly painful. She couldnt open her eyes either and her chest felt tight. Yongsun felt weird and when she coughed out blood, she was alarmed. 

The blood was in darker shade of red and it was lumpy. 
-
Dr Moon returned to Seoul for her convention. She has completed her internship in Japan and was awarded for being the best intern in her cohort. 

Dr Moon was surprised to learn that it was her resident superior who gave her a good recommendation and report. That person was none other than Dr Kim Yongsun. Although Dr Moon changed her specialization from paeditrician to neurologist, Dr Kim still gave her a good report.

Her girlfriend, Hwasa was aware of Dr Kim but that happened a year ago. She didnt feel the need to be threatened. Dr Moon has proposed to Hwasa 2 months ago. 

"Dont you wanna meet her?"

"Huh?"

"Your old flame, Dr Kim, dont you wanna meet her?"

Moonbyul watched her fiancee's facial expressions carefully. She didnt want to lose Hwasa. She has fallen in love with this woman who healed her heart completely. She was even ready to settle down with the woman she loves so dearly.

"Im not crazy. I mean i trust you. And i know you love me. But she has helped you to get this best intern award with her report. Shouldnt you thank her?"

"You come with me. I want her to meet you. Im sure shes gonna be happy for me."

"Okay, love. I will go with you."
-
Jung Wheein felt uneasy. Two days ago, the hospital administrator called her to ask about Dr Kim. They have not divorced yet so that was why Dr Kim's emergency contact was still her.

Apparently Dr Kim didnt turn up for work for at least 2 days without notice. Her estranged wife is a workaholic. So it was unusual for her to disappear just like that.

She wasnt too sure if she should return to their matrimonial home to check on Yongsun. Maybe she felt sick and nobody was around. But that was unlikely. Dr Moon should be with her.

Wheein found out about the third party. She had hired a private investigator to check on them. Her name is Moon Byulyi. People call her Moonbyul. She was an intern for Yongsun. But from what Wheein gathered, Dr Moon fell in love with Yongsun. 

Wheein deduced that they might still be together. She was in turmoil when Taeyeon suddenly urged her to visit Dr Kim.

"She saved Seolhyun. And i know you still love her. We were probably lonely that we sought each other's company. I saw her eyes that night outside the emergency ward. She loves you. Im sure she still does. Dont worry about me. I will still be your friend."

With that, Wheein made a trip to their home. Their first house together - Yongsun gifted that house to her. Her heart felt heavy. It was really difficult to face the truth. Nevertheless she made it.

But she saw someone she didnt want to meet - Dr Moon Byul Yi.
-