Eggplants?

Do You Have a Bathroom?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bin knew he was screwed. It was barely ten o’clock and he already had to pee. Normally this wouldn’t be an issue, he would just run next door into Astro, brandish his cup, which was now full of coke instead of coffee as he really was a shameless bastard, and be on his merry way. But due to certain unforeseen circumstances, however, things were no longer so simple. Dongmin, hottie-cashier extraordinaire, was there and Bin really did not want to embarrass himself again. The first time had been bad enough, and honestly he wouldn’t be surprised if Dongmin thought he had some kind of medical condition that caused his face to closely resemble a tomato. Like seriously, it could not have been healthy to blush as much as he did.

So Bin was torn. On one hand, he had spent the past five minutes meticulously fixing his hair in the reflection off of the windows, but he also knew that he tended to lack basic conversational skills around those he found attractive, particularly the ability to shut up (as displayed by the whole ‘beautiful’ situation which had completely ruined his chances of subtly slipping into the DMs). Eventually, however, his burning need to pee and his confidence with his stylin’ hairdo, lead to him to push open the door to the music shop and somehow manage to drag his body the ten steps necessary to reach Astro’s own door, which had an admittedly cute rocket ship painted on it in a lovely shade of space violet with some delicate detailing done in a light blue that just really complimented the overall aesthetic that the shop was aiming for with their- and his mind was rambling again. If he couldn’t even manage his mind, how was he supposed to handle being in the direct presence of Mr-I-Could-Be-A-Model-But-I’m-Going-to-Work-At-A-Coffee-Shop-Right-Next-Door-To-Bin-In- Order-To-Torture-Him-With-My-Stunning-Good-Looks-And-Seemingly-Fantastic-Personality.

“Hey Dongmin!” He greeted cheerfully as he ran into the shop, counting it as a win when it came out appropriately casual and bright.

“B-bin!” The barista nearly banged his head on the bottom side of the counter as he popped up from behind his station. “You’re back?”

“Yup,” he nodded in acknowledgement.

"So soon?” He was noticeably, and understandably, confused at the sudden reappearance of the younger boy, hardly two hours after he had come in in the first place.

"Don't mind me, I’m just here to use the bathroom.” He grinned and Dongmin smiled back. “And bask in your wonderful presence, of course.”

"Wait what?” Dongmin was visibly shook and Bin internally cursed. Goshdarnit you were doing so well too.

"What?” He laughed, attempting to play it off. “But seriously, I’m here to pee.”

"Ohhhh.” Dongmin paused, then frowned. “Don’t you need to buy something first?”

“You see, my sweet, sweet Dongmin, that’s where the cup comes in.” He slid in next to the counter, placing his Astro’s cup in the space between them. “I already bought something.”

"But that was earlier.” The barista examined the contents of the container. “And is that soda?”

"Um, maybe?” Bin rubbed the back of his neck ruefully. “I just work next door and I have to pee a lot.” Donmin raised an illicit eyebrow.

"Why is that important?”

"We don’t have a bathroom and I’m in college and everything here costs like eight dollars and if I had to buy something every time I came in, there would be no point in me even having a job because all my money would be spent trying to pee and I really, really need to have this job because I don’t want to be like one hundred and fifty thousand dollars in debt by the end of my college career.” It all came out in a huff as Dongmin blinked slowly.

“So I’m just going to go use it now, okay? I’ll be just a second!” The barista could only nod stiffly as he watched Bin make a beeline for the restroom door. Bin was certainly interesting to say the least, and cute. Definitely cute as well. Dongmin made a mental note to ask him which university he was studying at. Seoul City University would make the most sense based on their proximity to the campus, but there were definitely other universities around. Dongmin hoped that it was SCU though, for it would mean Bin was not only his work-neighbor but one of his classmates as well. It would also astronomically increase the chances of them meeting outside of work, an idea that he found himself enjoying despite knowing little to nothing about the other boy.

“I have to say, even if there were other stores around, I think I’d still come here to pee. That bathroom is phenomenal!” Dongmin was pulled from his thoughts as Bin triumphantly emerged

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter