Chapter Three

Growing Together

Hyunwoo is already at their usual booth by the time they arrive. They all slide in around the table, it being a bit too small for the size of their group. Hyungwon and Kihyun squish together, as per usual. But, this night, with Kihyun looking so absolutely delectable, the place where their thighs touch becomes too hot, and Hyungwon anxiously clears his throat much more often than usual.

“Looking to snag someone at the club tonight, Kihyunnie?” Hoseok suddenly asks, as if just now noticing the look the younger is sporting. The waitress comes by with a round of beers for the table, and passes them out before Kihyun answers. Hyungwon can’t help but watch the older out of the corner of his eye as he responds.

“Maybe~” he says mysteriously, and, as if sensing Hyungwon’s gaze, he gives the taller a wink. It’s small, barely noticeable… But Hyungwon sees it.

His mouth goes dry, and he downs half his beer in one long gulp, knowing he’s going to need it.

 

They finish up with dinner fairly quickly, all eager to get to the dancefloor at the local hot spot. Though some may not admit it, they each love going out and dancing their cares away. It’s always been a great stress-relief, something they need whenever life gets especially hectic.

Hyunwoo willingly breaks off from the group as soon as they arrive to get them all drinks. Minhyuk tugs Changkyun to the dancefloor immediately, and is closely followed by an excited Hoseok dragging his own boyfriend along. Hyungwon and Kihyun are left to find a table for them all, and end up having to push two together to accommodate their group.

As soon as they’re seated, Hyungwon immediately regrets allowing himself to be left alone with Kihyun. He’s fairly certain the older is purposefully pressing himself so close to him, despite there being plenty of room for them at the moment.

“Wonnie,” Kihyun’s warm breath suddenly breathes into his ear, causing him to jump. He doesn’t look over, though, merely hums in reply as he’s too busy trying to calm his racing heart to try and do much else. He can almost hear Kihyun pursing his lips, but he doesn’t trust his own eyes to not give more away than they should right now if he were to try and look to make sure.

“Wonnie, I heard what you and Minhyuk-ah were saying the other day in the kitchen…”

Hyungwon feels his face begin to burn. He’s never been much of a blusher, but right now his face is a blazing crimson. Luckily, the darkness of the club hides it fairly well. He sits rigidly in his seat, unsure of how to respond. He thinks of denying it, but the tone in the older’s voice leaves absolutely no room for debate. He could own up to it, but then that’d open a whole can of worms that Hyungwon most certainly does not want to deal with right now.

“Yah! Did you hear me?” Kihyun asks, poking insistently at the younger man’s shoulder. Hyungwon manages a small nod, but still silently refuses to look over at the shorter. There’s a small sigh of aggravation, and suddenly there’s hands on both sides of his face forcing his head to turn.

“You don’t have to worry, Chae Hyungwon,” Kihyun tells him, the smallest of smiles curling up his lips. “I like you too, you lanky, beautiful idiot.”

Then, before Hyungwon can even process the older’s words, they’re kissing. Hyungwon doesn’t know what to do, how to respond. It isn’t as if he hasn’t kissed, been kissed, by anyone before. He knows how it works. Or, how it’s supposed to work. But, even this seems to be different with Kihyun. The simplest of steps has thrown his mind into a tailspin, and he’s no better than a teenager trying to figure out how lips work and what a tongue is and how the hell is he supposed to breathe like this and what’s he supposed to do now???

His hands come up to hold onto Kihyun’s waist, and his eyes fall shut. He just revels in the moment, in how soft Kihyun’s lips are and how sweet he tastes and how his heart is pounding so hard it’s making him shake like a leaf.

There’s suddenly a throat being cleared close to them, and they break apart in surprise. Hyunwoo is sitting across from them, an awkward smile pulling at his lips.

“So you two are finally together now?” he asks before either of his dongsaengs can say anything. Hyungwon sheepishly looks down at his lap, doing his best to fight down his own blush. Kihyun chuckles beside him and squeezes the younger’s knee consolingly.

“What do you mean ‘finally’, hyung?” Kihyun asks, leaning forward to be heard over the music. “Have you all just been waiting with baited breath for me and Wonnie to screw?” The older’s wording doesn’t help Hyungwon’s blush, and when he hears Kihyun coo, he’s pretty sure it’s at him.

“Not exactly,” Hyunwoo chuckles at his dongsaengs, “but we definitely have been expecting it. Minhyukkie, especially.”

“Aiiiish,” Kihyun sighs in exasperation. “Minhyuk-ah really ought to mind his own business…”

“He means well,” Hyunwoo defends, but Kihyun merely waves a dismissive hand.

“He’s an insufferable gossip who doesn’t know when to back out of other people’s business, is what he is.”

“Talking about me, are we~?"

The three men glance up to see Minhyuk and Changkyun, panting heavily and sweating buckets despite only having been gone long enough for one dance. Kihyun snorts unamusedly, rolling his eyes at Minhyuk’s typical appearance. Hyungwon silently reaches for a beer, needing to do something other than sit there, and is in the middle of taking a long drink when Kihyun speaks next.

“Wanna dance, Wonnie?” Kihyun asks, turning to bat his eyelashes unashamedly at his dongsaeng. Hyungwon chokes on the bitter drink, but the older seems unfazed as he drags a coughing Hyungwon towards the dancefloor.

Hyungwon is suddenly left to wonder what exactly he’s gotten himself into. It hasn’t even been ten minutes into the relationship, if they even are in a technical relationship now, and Kihyun’s already made him a choking, blushing mess.

Kihyun pulls the younger close to him as soon as they reach the dance floor, grinding their bodies together in-beat with the ty music blaring through the room.

I just got into way more than I can handle… Hyungwon thinks. Though, he doesn’t think he minds it that much…