September

September, I'm sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This is the final boarding call for flight Eagle Airlines to South Korea. Would all remaining passengers for this flight please report to gate 17.”

 

“Excuse me, excuse me.”

 

Everyone in this city seems to be planning to go on vacation, seeing mass of people crowding the airport today.

 

“Irene! Irene!”

 

The cheers enlighten a departure of the leader of world’s most popular girl group at the moment.

 

The fair leader is frowning, frowning, continuously frowning. Her uneasiness is clearly visible from the look on her face. Without even smiling, without a proper greeting, she continues to break through the line of fans and bodyguards who her.

 

“Excuse me, excuse me!”

 

Her anxiety grows way more obvious when she sees enormous queue for general check up in front of her.

 

“Oh great, just great! The Dark Kiwi will kill me for sure!”

 

Her uneasiness is short of reasonable,



Today is September 3rd, which means the trouble maker of the group is having a birthday. Her party is already scheduled for today and Irene has made a promise to be there on time before the party started.

 

Irene plans to return to South Korea yesterday after completing a music event in Jakarta. But somehow the after party lasted longer than she expected and it was just impossible for her to ignore her seniors.

 

Once done, she returned to the hotel and packed everything in flash. However, before even reaching the airport, her flight had already taken off.

 

Today she has calculated everything and all but the traffic that occurred vanishing her hope once again.

 

Irene picks up at Sosho, her manager.
 


“Unnie, is this the only way? I'm a superstar, there must be a special gate for stars.”

 

“Just swallow your superstar speech. I ain’t working here, how should I know?”

 

Sosho flaps her hands, can’t take the heat.

 

“Do they have bingsoo here? My throat is burning.” Sosho frowns as she her boiling throat.

 

That question triggers the upset Irene,

 

“Just swallow your throat! I ain’t working here, how should I know? Bweegh!”

 

As she goes forward, the 26 y.o stick out her tongue childishly.

 

Her wrist-watch shows minute by minute that passed, but the length of this queue doesn’t seem to lessen. She stomps her feet, peeking to see if the queue has eased and back to constantly facing Sosho as if her manager know what to do.

 

Her patience has run out and she can’t wait any longer.

 

Because missing another flight means she can’t be there on time, which will be a problem for her.

 

“Screw it! I'm a star, they'll understand.”

 

After convincing herself, she runs past the long line up. Succeed in cutting the distance, has her increased her speed unknowingly, ignoring the manager who’s shouting in panic.

 

“Rene, don’t! Wait up!”

 

“Joy won’t wait, Unnie!”
 


With that, she gets rid of people who are surrounding the entrance.

 

Just a bit more!
 


That iron door is less than ten meters away.

 

Just a little bit more!

 

One of her leg goes in, passing an old man who’s surprised to see her appearance.

 

Yes!
 


Ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!!!!!

 

A loud sound is heard from that door once she’s inside. Rushing through it, she forgets to take off her bag and all the things that should have been checked.

 

Oops!

 

Then again, she doesn’t have time for that. Neither does Joy.
 


As she continues to run, she yells out her apology,

 

“Sorry! I don’t bring any weapon or any gun or err- bomb, whatsoever. There's nothing to be afraid of. Everyone’s happy!”

 

She glances to her left and right, looking for the check-in desk.

 

“There it is!”



Hurriedly, faster than before, Irene sprints as if she has to win an Olympic.

 

That desk is getting closer. The woman behind it is shocked at the sight of someone dashing at high speed towards her. She looks horrible.
 


She’ll get there soon,

 

“Excuse me, I want to chec-”

 

“Miss!”

 

Irene's step is forced to stop when a hand pulls her arm roughly. Bouncing her to the back, almost fall over.

 

“I'm sorry, Miss. You have to go through the inspection first. And your luggage should be checked.”

 

“Uh, yeah sorry. I reaaaally want to do that, but the thing is… I don’t have time, Sir.”

 

Irene begs the man who turns out to be a security.

 

“Please come.”

 

Another man takes her other arm, taking her by force. She rocks her body brutally to the both of them.

 

“I can’t, I can’t! I can‘t! My life is in danger!”
 


“Please calm down, Miss. Or we'll have to take you by force.”
 


“I don’t care! Joy is way stronger than you two, she's way scarier. Let me go!”

 

“Please calm down, Miss!”

 

“Oh my Goood she’d kill me!”

 

Her action is making them tired. Leave them with no choice, one of the security tackles her from behind. His move by accident is making Irene freeze up,
 


...and angry.
 


When he, accidentally,

 

...taps her .

 

The security realizes his fault right away and let go of her.

 

“I'm sorry, Miss. It was jus-”

 

Boom!
 


She whacks him right on the nose,
 


“This belongs to Joy!”
 



 

***

 

 

 

South Korea, at the same time.

 

“Where is she!?”

 

Leaning on the door, Joy stomps her feet impatiently. She goes back and forth while peeking at the outside. Hoping the person she expects to soon come.

 

Nonetheless few moments have passed, her patience change into concern, followed by anger and disappointment.

 

“Where is she!!!?”

 

3 people who’ve witnessed and heard that immediately flee away.

 

“Her evil spirit is coming out, everyone, protect yourself!”

 

Yeri rushes behind the couch, avoiding Joy as far as possible. This unnie of hers can be so frightening and nobody can stop her.

 

Only Wendy who still patiently reminds her,

 

“Joy-ah, maybe Irene is still on a plane right now.” Carefully, Wendy tries to convince her.

 

“Still on a plane? She wanna die!?”



“No! She doesn’t want to, she's already off the plane, trust me! Whoop, yeah, I just got the vision.”

 

Seulgi hits her peer's shoulder.

 

“God, she’s so scary.” The Canadian whispers.



“You, don’t ever talk again. Anything will sound wrong to her. Just stay still and draw your eyebrows!” the Bear shoves Wendy away.

 

“Everyone, let's get ready. The party will start soon.”

 

“Okay, Oppa.” Three frightened girls jinx the answer, about to escape from The Dark Kiwi’s rage.



“Joy, come on!” Their manager reminds the queen of the day.

 

“Tsk!” Joy jerks her foot as she peeks again at the open door. But still, no one is showing up.

 

She reluctantly moves into the hall where the party is being held.

 

When she comes across Yeri in the hallway, her annoyance escalates for no apparent reason. She chases after her angrily, showing the most terrifying face.

 

“WHAT DID I DO?” The scared victim struggles to avoid Joy, “...I told y'all her evil spirit is showing! Heeeeeeelp!!!”


 

 

***

 

 

 

Indonesia,

 

The room is dominated by black, with a mirror on one side. All she knows, this place is more likely an interrogation room.

 

Irene and Sosho sit across of a bald man who’s busy flipping through his paper on the table. The security from before is standing beside him, still gripping his swollen nose.

 

The bald man picks up his pen and begins to ask them,
 


“Full name?”

 

“Goddess of Peace.”



He stops scribing for a moment before casually asking her again.

 

“Real name?”



“Do you seriously not know Irene, The Goddess of Peace!?”

 

Irene stands up then stamping her hands on that table.

 

“Sit down, Miss.” He man tries to be patient. After taking a deep breath, he changes his question to more specific one, “The name that your parents gave you when you were born?”

 

“Oh, that. Bae Joohyun.” Irene crosses her arms.



He writes it down and continues,

 

“Occupation?”

 

This time, Irene is losing her patience. Feeling upset at Uncle Bald’s question –her credit for him.

 

“Seriously!?” her hands are up, “Just look at me, look at this gun!” She rolls up her sleeve, showing her bicep.

 

The man tilts his head back and forth, puzzled by what’s happening.

 

“...look at this washboard!” Irene rolls up her shirt a bit to show off her abs, flapping that shirt in front of him.

 

“Rene, behave!” Sosho –or who they often call Sadness- is embarrassed by her artist. Her face turns even more sad, adjusting her nickname.

 

Uncle Bald nods, voicing out his thought,

 

“An Athlete?” The man says, guessing.

 

Irene’s taken aback. shoots agape for long until a fly goes in, making her cough.



“Sir, don’t you have a smartphone? Don’t you ever use the internet?”

 

“No, I don’t.”
 


“Aw, poor you.” She sits back quietly, feeling bad for him.

 

After asking several questions, the bald man is busy recording the information they give, making her bored.

 

She glances around and finds that that security has been looking at her hatefully.

 

“What are you looking at? You want some more?” She clenches her fingers into a fist, ready to whack him one more time.

 

“You'll pay for this!” He says angrily.

 

“I’ll pay for your new teeth after I crushed those ones!”



“Stop!” Uncle Bald breaks off the quarrel, “Miss Bae, your spontaneous action is very inappropriate and unnecessary. For that, you’ll be temporarily put on trial.”

 

“On trial?” Surprised Irene shoots awake, this time followed by Sosho who’s equally shocked, “Uncle- I mean Sir, he’s the one who was being inappropriate, he harassed me!”

 

“You broke the rules by running in, I was just trying to do my job. What happened was an accident.” The security defen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter