I Do

Tuxedo

Hoseok was sweating and shaking so much that he couldn't even think, which was terrible since he needed the night to be perfect.

He'd done everything he knew Yoongi liked: let him sleep in, brought him breakfast in bed so he didn't have to get up, helped as best he could with the song he was working on, held his hand as often as possible (okay that may have been due to more selfish reasons), took him to that quiet place for dinner with the staff that felt like family, and stayed in for the next few hours, cuddling on the couch.

Hoseok escaped with the excuse of needing to pee. So there he was, in the bathroom, freaking out. He pulled the sleeves of his gray sweater down his forearms. Pushed them back up to his elbows. Ran a hand through his hair. Hurriedly fixed each strand so it was ideal once again. Glanced at the black box that sat on the counter.

His heart caught in his throat.

Never mistake his hesitation for uncertainty. Hoseok knew he wanted to marry Yoongi. Had known it after the first six months of their relationship. He'd only waited this long because he wanted to know that Yoongi was as deeply in love with him as he was with Yoongi. He wanted this marriage, borderline needed it, so it was the thought that he might be rejected that was enough to make Hoseok throw up.

Yoongi loved him too, Hoseok knew that much. What he didn't know was if Yoongi loved him enough. Enough to promise himself to the other forever. Enough to be official in the most official way. Enough to potentially sacrifice things he'd fought hard in the past to keep.

Hoseok and Yoongi are very different, yes, but they had been together for five years, been friends for eight, and known each other for eleven. If Yoongi couldn't read Hoseok at least a little better then, he would have been a terrible boyfriend. Good thing was that he was pretty observant and could read Hoseok from the time their friends introduced each other (not the first time they met) in the first year of college.

"Hobi? Are you upset or something? You seemed kind of off today. Is that why you've been in there for fifteen minutes?"

, thought Hoseok. He knows me too well. He also knows how to read time.

"I, uh, I-I'm good, babe, don't worry!"

Yoongi looked at the door skeptically, but didn't push anymore. "'Kay, I'll be on the couch again. Maybe sleeping if you take much longer."

Hoseok inhaled a deep breath and exhaled it slowly, giving himself encouraging looks in the mirror.

Finally, he was ready, and he snatched the fate-altering box from the sink, walking back out to his boyfriend.

Luckily, Yoongi was not sleeping. He was curled up in a ball, a fuzzy blanket engulfing him up to his chin, leaving only his head uncovered. Hoseok couldn't help the warm smile that found itself a home on his lips. Yoongi looked at Hoseok with questioning eyes.

Now. Right now.

Hoseok closed his eyes and he dropped to one knee. When he opened his eyes, Yoongi's expression hadn't changed much, his eyes only slightly wider and his lips now parted a millimeter.

Hoseok fought to calm his pounding heart. "Min Yoongi, genius, jjang jjang man bboongbboong, I love you more than I love anyone, more than I have loved anyone, more than I will love anyone. You are my best friend, the light of my life, and the only person I can see myself spending the rest of it with. So..." Hoseok opened the box, revealing the ring he'd chosen. Yoongi glanced at it before meeting Hoseok's eyes again. "Will you marry me?"


Maybe some grooms felt nervous waiting for their fiance to walk down the aisle, but all Hoseok felt was pure happiness. His hair was it's natural shade of brown, and he wore a pretty classic tux, with white and black and a bow tie. He couldn't stop smiling.

Maybe music started playing; Hoseok didn't know he couldn't hear it. Everyone in the audience stood, and Yoongi was walking down the aisle, his parents on either side.

Yoongi, in Hoseok's eyes was always flawless. Maybe today he was just extra flawless. The air was snatched from Hoseok's lungs when Yoongi came into view, gummy smile and all. His suit was black, with a black shirt underneath as well. His hair shimmered in the light.

Hoseok's eyes followed Yoongi until they were standing before each other.

I love you, Hoseok told Yoongi with his eyes as the officiant spoke.

I love you more, replied Yoongi with a wink.

I love you the most, Hoseok countered, trying to stifle a laugh. His smile faltered, though, and tears started to fill Hoseok's eyes.

Why are you crying? read Yoongi's face.

What did I do to deserve you?

Yoongi's look of concern melted into one of love. He glanced at the officiant, signaling to Hoseok that they should pay attention.

Finally, it was time for the vows. Hoseok went first.

"I choose you, Yoongi, to be my husband, my love, my everything for the rest of my life. I promise to support you, trust you, and love you, to the best of my ability for as long as we shall live. I vow to always stay by your side, even through the tough times, even when I can't be there in person. I promise to protect you from all the evil in the world. I promise to not wake you up from a nap unless it's an emergency. I promise to sing with you at the top of my lungs even though we both can't sing very well. I promise I will love you unconditionally forever."

Hoseok looked up at Yoongi and gave him a smile, which was returned immediately.

"Hoseok, you are the light of my life. I promise to never take that light for granted and cherish you always. I promise to hold your hand lots and even kiss you outside sometimes." Hoseok chuckled. "I promise to try and not get mad when you want to dress Mickey and Holly up. I promise to love you forever and always. I promise to put my all into this marriage. I promise to go on adventures when you want to, and hold you when you need to cry. I promise to dance with you even though I can't, and I promise to be your best friend."

"The rings?" said the officiant.

As he brought the ring to Yoongi's hand, Hoseok looked up to the other's face. Yoongi wasn't smiling anymore, staring at the ring with intensity. Worry filled Hoseok's chest, and fear that Yoongi might not want this after all almost caused him to halt his actions. But when the ring slipped on to Yoongi's finger, a wide smiled graced his lips, and the anxiety in Hoseok vanished, now replaced with jubilance.

When Yoongi put the ring on Hoseok's finger, Hoseok couldn't stop his heart from pounding ten times faster than it usually did. And he couldn't stop the smile on his face that was ten times bigger than it usually was.

"I now pronounce you husbands. You may kiss."

Hoseok held Yoongi's hands in his and tugged him forward so their lips could meet in the sweetest kiss of all.


Cheering and clapping sounded, and Hoseok walked Yoongi out to the center of the dance floor. A soft song cued and Hoseok brought his husband into his arms.

"Follow my lead," he sang along. Yoongi smiled softly and they rocked in each other's arms. Hoseok kissed Yoongi's nose and continued singing to his love. "I will not give you up this time~"

The two carried out the practice steps smoothly, without too much thought.

Yoongi tried to imprint the feeling he was experiencing into his long term memory, not wanting to forget it even when he was 99. The warmth from Hoseok melting and flowing to Yoongi's heart. It was like they were the only two people in the world. Yoongi felt lighter than air, like they were dancing in the sky amongst the clouds.

"Dancing in the dark," sang Hoseok, "with you between my arms. Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song."

Yoongi started to mouth the lyrics to the song to Hoseok as well. "When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath, but you heard it. Darling, you look perfect tonight."

I love you.

I love you, too.

 

Thank you to anyone who actually reads this!!