Chapter 1

The Roller Coaster Effect
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was like another normal day. The birds chirping annoyingly when they see the sun rise, my mother already making noise in the house trying to clean god knows what, my dog barking at the window basically at every thing that passes in front of his nose, my father reading the newspaper while sipping some coffee and all of them actually happy that it's a new day. But then there's me, I have slept through my alarm making my mother go and knock at my door saying that I should hurry up. I rushed to the bathroom to take a shower and hurriedly picked up an outfit, not really caring if it'll match or not.

My mother ushered me to eat breakfast but since I was already late I told her that I would eat on the way, she looked at me trying to make me stay but shook her head disappointedly and basically kicked me out of the house. 

I got into the car and a new catchy but sad song blasted from the speakers. I think it was Happier by Ed Sheeran. Man, that guy really knows how to put emotions in his songs. And to lighten up my mood, it was pouring down and to make things worse I forgot to bring my umbrella, after all it's summer and it isn't like it will rain every single day. 

I arrived just in time for the first period. Good news, the teacher was talking with, I presume a new kid outside class and in front of the door, so I had to use the back one. Bad news, I was soaking wet and shaking uncontrollably. It really wasn't a great first impression, my hair was glued to my head and my face and my clothes were practically like a second skin. And it doesn't really help when everybody is looking at you as if you have a thousand of arms springing from your torso. 

"What?" I sneered and glared at them "never seen a wet girl?" 

They turned around pretending to act normal but I knew that they were talking in hush tone about me. As if I care. Let them think what they want after all their opinions are irrelevant in my life. Yes they have the right to speak but you also have all the right to ignore them, after all it just says freedom of speech and it doesn't states that we should pay attention to them. 

I sat in the last desk near the door, avoiding completely the chance to interact with people. It's not as if I don't like it, I'm not necessarily antisocial but I really don't know how to talk to people. How to keep up a conversation or worse start one. So yeah, I was at the back shivering and trying to warm me up but it was useless. 

"Here" said someone offering what it seemed to be a hoodie and a towel. I looked up to see a girl, smiling down at me. I blushed ashamed but in the same time thankful that there's still good in this world even after I rudely told everyone in the classroom to stop looking at me. Its weird that someone has a towel with them on school, but well wh

Please log in to read the full chapter