Chapter 1

Time To Love

Today was supposed to be the happiest day of my life. My boyfriend, Hoseok asked me out on a date and he told me to wait for him at the place where we had our first date. He says that he had something very important to tell me.

 

I spend all morning browsing my closet, trying to find a perfect outfit for the occasion. I even did my hair, which I rarely do and also I put on my make-up.

 

We’ve been together for 5 years. He was my everything. Smiling, I remember our first date perfectly. We went for a romantic walk along the Hangang Park until the sunset. Also at the same place, we shared our first passionate kiss.

 

Hoseok personality is totally opposite of me. He likes to read a book while I find books are boring. I love horror movies and Hoseok can’t stand it. He was an amazing dancer and all I can do was chicken dance.

 

But our differences make our relationship more beautiful. Sure we argue like a normal couple but we always talked about it and instead of dragging the argument, we forgive each other and promised to be better.

 

We dreamed about living happily ever after until death do us apart. Sometimes how I wish I could take back those words.

 

Death definitely does us apart. Hoseok died in a car crash when he was on his way to meet me. I was already there, waiting for him. He didn’t show up for hours. I waited and waited until I received a phone call from his parents.

 

I couldn’t remember the rest of the conversation but all I could hear was his mom crying telling me to come over to the hospital. Without wasting time, I went to the hospital. I keep telling myself this is just a dream. Or a prank. My whole body was shaking in fears with the thoughts of him in a critical condition.

 

When I reach the emergency room, everyone was there. His friends, his family and also my parents. My mom was comforting his mom.

 

“He’s gone. My son...he’s gone…”

 

No. That’s a lie. He was supposed to meet me. He told me that he has something to tell me.

 

“Hoseok...where is he?”

 

All eyes are on me. I refused to believe that he’s gone.

 

“Y/N...I’m sorry...he…” Mrs. Jung couldn’t even finish her sentences.

 

“NO! This is just a joke, right? All of you are playing tricks on me right?” I laugh but my eyes were already blinded by my tears.

 

“Honey…” My mom tried to calm me down but I pushed her away.

 

“Please stop this nonsense. Let me see Hoseok. He’s not dead. He promised to meet me at our usual place. He...he…”

 

I placed my hands on the wall, trying to support myself. My whole body has completely lost its strength. I was choking with my own tears.

 

Reality struck me like a lightning when the doctor asked all of us to come inside the emergency room so we could see Hoseok’s body.

 

When I saw the white cloth covering a body, I knew exactly that this wasn’t a joke anymore. There he lies on the operation table, lifeless but he looks like he was sleeping. The wounds on his face because of the accident are visible to my eyes.

 

Slowly, I walked towards my lifeless boyfriend’s body so I could see him clearly. As soon as I was in front of him, I started sobbing and when I held his cold hands, I couldn’t control myself anymore. Dropping myself on my knees, I burst into tears.

 

“Hoseok-ah...please tell me this isn’t real...you...you...we’re supposed to meet...I even wear your favorite dress…” I couldn’t care less about all the people around me as I continue rambling.

 

“You promised me that we’re gonna live happily ever after. How do you expect me to live Hoseok? You are the love of my life. Now that you're gone….I...I…I don’t think I’ll be able to love someone else as much as I love you..”

 

I got up from the floor and put my head on his chest, hoping that I could feel or hear his heartbeat. I heard nothing except my own breathing. I closed my eyes and my tears spilled over again.

 

For the last time, I kissed his forehead that I always admire which he knew. I always told him that his forehead is a blessing and he would smile brightly until his eyes turned into a crescent. Now that eyes are forever closed and will never be opened again.

 

I stared at his lips. That cute lip mole on top of his lips. The same lips that I could never get tired of kissing it. I felt the lump in my throat knowing that I can never taste his lips again. Not just that but everything. His warmth, his touch, his smile, his soothing voice and his warm hugs. I could never have any of it anymore.

 

He’s gone. Forever.

 

Right after his funeral, Mrs. Jung gave me something. She says the doctor found it in Hoseok’s pocket before they performed the surgery to save his life.

 

It was a heart-shaped red velvet box. When I opened it, I cried even harder. It was the diamond ring that I always wanted and he told me that he will give me the ring when it’s time for us to get married.

 

He was going to propose me on the day of the accident. That’s why he asked me to meet him at the same place where we start dating.

 

“Dear, Hoseok really loves you. He told me that he was going to ask you to be his wife. He was so excited I could tell by just listening to his voice. I still can’t believe that he’s gone.” Mrs. Jung hugged me and I cried again and again until I passed out.

 

Hoseok how am I gonna live without you? I could hardly breathe and my life is so empty.

 

Will I be able to get through another day or months or years without having you by my side? Hoseok do you know how much I love you?

 

You really took the ‘Till Death Do Us Apart’ seriously.

 

Hoseok I promise that I will never fall in love again. My love is only for you. My heart belongs to you. No one could take that away.

 

I shall seal my heart forever.