final

Under The Blue Sky

Mir stayed inside his room. His eyes staring on the ceiling. The bright light of the lamp in this room wasn't disturbing him even a bit. He didn't even blinked and no more than later, his eyes stung and later his eyes turned moist.
    When Mir finally closed his eyes, a tear dropped and another and another. He was crying again...
    "You're crying again." Seungho's voice sounded just next to him. Merely stating the fact.
    Mir didn't even noticed the warm body sitting next to him until he heard that voice. Mir refused to open his eyes. He didn't like it when Seungho saw him crying. He felt like burden. He was weak and couldn't even take care of himself, and so he became a burden.
    He hated it but at the same time, he couldn't help but cling to the older.  To his one and only lifeline. To his one and only connection to his sanity before he was about to lose it.
    "What is it? You won't even talk to me. How can I help?" Seungho asked softly but there was a hint of frustration.
    That little hint of frustration sent a pang of pain, piling over all the hurtful wounds littered around his heart. "I'm sorry." Mir whispered.
    "That is not what I want to hear."
    Mir didn't say anything more, only hanging his head low and kept his eyes shut until his ears picked up the familiar beat of music and he slowly opening his eyes to see the television that was at first just a black screen now displaying MBLAQ music video of their old, very old song, G.O.O.D Luv. 
    Mir choked his sobs, his body stiffened and his eyes latched greedily at that strange figure smiling and happily moving in that video. Who was that? Why was his smile looked so light, so sincere and just so... Happy.
    "Remember? We had a lot of fun with the song. I think we started to know each other better from that moment. That moment when we finally surpass the surreal feeling that we were finally living our dream together." Seungho commented with a bitter smile. "See how happy we were?" His eyes turned to stare at Mir. "See how happy you were?"
    Mir nodded. "I want to find that smile." He whispered. "Thank you, hyung." He stood up and was about to leave when Seungho grabbed on his wrist, halting his intention for a moment.
    "Where are you going?"
    "Finding that smile."
    Seungho was confused and no matter how much he tried, he just couldn't understand the younger. He bitterly realized he could no more do that. He could no more understand the younger. 
    They drifted away over time. The promise that they would stay together linger around them but that promise that once bring hope and love between them now became mere burden and tight rope that strangled them breathless, that pulling them down, unable to move forward.
    Once Mir left the apartment, Seungho dialed on GO's phone. He knew he couldn't handle this alone. He was ashamed. He might no longer be an MBLAQ leader but he was still acting as one out of pure instinct and would have wanted to be the one to be able to solve any problem his dongsaeng might have had. But in the end, just like how the title disappeared without as much as a farewell, even Seungho's ability to comfort the younger one no longer there.
    "Byunghee... I need help." Seungho ended the conversation, knowing GO knew everything.
    Unlike Seungho, GO still able to read Mir. Still able to offer comfort to Mir. Still able to share the pain. And maybe that was why GO had fallen as deep as Mir had.
    He wouldn't have bother GO if he was able to do this himself but he wasn't. Even knowing GO needed time alone, needed to be comforted himself, he chose to turn to GO, knowing how his friend was. Knowing despite his own open wounds, GO would always came running once he asked.
    Seungho went out of his apartment. He knew where Mir went to. For a week now since Mir appeared at his door step in the middle of rainy night, tears mixed with rain drops, Mir had already marked the rooftop of Seungho's apartment building as his favorite place, spending the whole evening be it raining or scorching hot.
    Once Seungho reached the rooftop, instead of seeing Mir at the usual benches surrounded by small garden, what greeted his view was what had almost yanked his heartstrings.
    "Cheolyong. What are you doing?" Seungho swallowed, gathering his composure as he watched Mir standing on the other side of the railing, eyes on the vast of the bright blue sky instead of down the height of the building. "Get down, Cheolyong." He ordered.
    Mir shook his head, one of his hand reaching upwards to the unreachable blue sky. "I think it's there, up in the blue sky." Mir muttered, now tip-toeing, stumbling dangerously.
    "CHEOLYONG!" 
    Seungho's loud voice startled Mir and his hands automatically grabbed onto the railing behind him, stopping his dangerous swaying.
    "Cheolyong. Get back here, please." Seungho was pleading now but Mir's eyes were still on the blue sky as if he was searching for something but the frown on Mir's face were like saying that he didn't find it. He didn't find what he was searching for.
    Seungho gasped when Mir took a half step forward, closer to the heaven and at the same time, closer to the depth of hell but a hand on his shoulder distracted him.
    GO stepped into his line of sight, walking past him with air of calmness and straight to Mir.
    "Hi, Cheolyong." GO greeted, his hand gently landed over Mir's hand that was gripping the rail.
    "Hi, hyung." Mir greeted back nonchalantly, one hand still reaching out to the sky.
    "What are you doing?" GO asked in a light tone, almost as if just asking about what to eat for lunch.
    "Nothing much." Mir answered with a shrug. "Just trying to find what I lost."
    "What is that?"
    "A smile."
    "And you think it would be there?"
    Mir nodded, tip-toeing once again but GO already secured one of his wrist in a firm grip. "There. Way up there. Maybe I can reach it."
    "Under the blue sky, you will find that smile. It is not up there. It had always been here." GO said, pulling Mir slightly.
    Mir turned to face GO. His empty eyes slowly came back to life as he stared at GO smiling softly to him. "I found it." Mir whispered. He saw the bright blue sky spreading vastly behind GO while the elder's smile was like the warm ray of sunshine.
    "You found it." GO took Mir's other hand, pulling Mir back to the safer side. "We found it."
    "We found it." Mir turned to Seungho, watching the elder sighed in relief, flopping to sit after his knees shook. Mir turned back to GO, confusion written all over his face. "What did I just do?" He questioned himself.
    "It's okay. It's okay now."  GO cooed, leading Mir gently with him to join Seungho. "It will be okay from now own."
    That promise still linger. That promise to stay together. The three of them. And that promise was like a hope in a hopeless day, a sun in the darkest day, a warmth in the coldest day.
    That promise still linger in between them.
    Mir looked up to Seungho. "Hyung. Smile, please."
    Seungho was stunned and then he slowly blinked. He tried to smile but instead he let tears slipped down his cheeks. Why didn't he realized this before?
    When he stopped smiling, GO stopped smiling and then Mir stopped smiling. Because of that promise that bind them, it almost kill them but at the same time, it was his savior, their savior.
    And a smile...
    Under the blue sky, they found their smile. In each other...