Every minute spent with you (makes time stop)

Every minute I spend with you (feels like eternity)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung smiled as the pretty little customer waddled off to where her mother stood, holding her bag of purchases. The mother held out her hand and the two soon left. Taehyung sat back down as he watch the sea of crowd grow bigger and bigger as time ticked by. Taehyung was working part time during the holidays and he had decided to work for a booth selling macarons that was near his house. Why macarons? Because he simply loved these bite-sized delicacies as he breaks the crisp surface of the biscuit into the soft centre and filling his mouth with the cream in between. Honestly, he felt blissful every time he was able to purchase some. So here he was, sitting at the small booth with an assortment of colours spread before him.

 

“How much does one cost?”

 

Taehyung smiled as he looked up to see the familiar face he has seen since the start of the year till the very end of the previous week. The raven hair with long bangs and the playfulness in the eyes as he stared expectantly at the part timer.

 

“You know I’m not going to sell any of my macarons to you, idiot.”

 

Jungkook grinned as he stepped away from the counter to join Taehyung, slipping down to the chair next his, “Well then, looks like I’ll need to earn it.” Taehyung giggled a little at that and slapped his shoulder as he prepared the necessary equipment needed. Jungkook was dutifully watching the counter whilst Taehyung slipped underneath to grab some gloves. Jungkook had decided to visit him every single day of his job and Taehyung would be lying if said that that the fact that he was true to his words didn’t make his heart skip a beat. However, at the same time, Taehyung would feel guilty as the raven-haired male lived on the total opposite of town and just the trip to the booth would have taken him at least 2 hours with smooth traffic. Taehyung pursed his lips as he had tried his hardest to convince the raven-haired that there was no need to visit him every single day but Jungkook, being as stubborn as a mule, refused to listen to a single word Taehyung had to say.

“I have all the time in the world. You just worry about making sure you make a profit.”

 

Taehyung climbed back up and passed the gloves to his best friend, as he settled next to Jungkook who was introducing the different flavours to a young woman. If Taehyung hadn’t known better, he would have thought Jungkook was the one hired instead of him. The way he spoke with such confidence was really something seeing as he had only just started coming to visit Taehyung at work about a week ago.

 

As the young woman made her purchase, Jungkook would flash his bunny smile at her as she walk away carrying a box of macarons in her hand. “Jungkook, if I knew you were going to steal my job, I wouldn’t have let you known where I work in the first place!” said Taehyung as he crossed his arms and pouted. Jungkook rolled his eyes as he leaned towards the counter and arranged the macrons in a neat manner. “As if I’d be stupid enough to do that, why do you think I’ll travel for more than 6 hours a day just to sell macarons?” Taehyung raised his eyebrows and leaned forward, “Then… why do you come here so often? You know it’s tiring just travelling here, why would you spend the rest of the day just sitting here?” Jungkook turned away as the confused Taehyung stared at him expectantly, waiting for his answer. “No particular reason.”

 

Taehyung frowned and punched the raven-haired male lightly while grumbling about the latter being a brat.

 

Jungkook looks at the side profile of his best friend as he sighed in his mind, thinking how oblivious Taehyung was. He could tell the brunette often felt guilty for how much the raven-haired male had to travel but Jungkook could care less about how long the travelling took. Heck, he was willing to wait 1 hour just for the bus ticket at his side of town just so he could sit here, surrounded the sweet scent of these artificially coloured confections that Taehyung called “a rare gem to be found these days”. Honestly, the raven-haired couldn’t stand these sweet biscuits but he would never reveal that to the brunette unless he wants to dig an early grave. But… if there was one thing he liked, it would be staring at how Taehyung’s eyes would light up as customers come up to the counter, asking him for recommendations or even chatting up with old friends, how his eyes would then turn into crescent shapes as he smiled so angelically at them. That sight before him, to him, it was worth every minute

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter