Flower Path

Myoui Mina's Next Page
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Sejeong, gugudan’s main vocal, is always more than happy to promote at the same time with TWICE for some reason. She was friends with their leader, Jihyo, along with the eldest unnies, Nayeon and Jeongyeon. What intrigued her most was their youngest Japanese member, Myoui Mina. Sejeong knew she was incredibly shy and you have to approach her carefully, not to scare her off. Her smile lights up the whole room, Sejeong thought. Known for her outgoing personality, Sejeong had to take it down a notch.

 

She thought of ways to approach the younger girl, Sejeong noticed that her fellow girl group idols who were friends with her: GFriend’s Eunha, BlackPink’s Lisa, and Red Velvet’s Seulgi. They all approached her with a genuine smile and Mina would reciprocate with a smile back along with skinship by holding their hand. Sejeong thought about doing the Inkigayo sandwich with the number in it.

 

Maybe she’ll try it.

 

Buying a sandwich from the cafeteria, Sejeong went back to her group’s waiting room and found some scratch paper with a pen. She quickly wrote:

 

Hello Mina-sshi! I’m gugudan’s Sejeong and I would like to get to know you better. Here’s my number! I know this is random but I like it when you smile :)

 

Sejeong quickly the note and unwrapped part of the sandwich to the note in. Satisfied on how she wrapped it, she was off to TWICE’s waiting room.

 

..

 

Knocking on the door, Sejeong started to sweat profusely. Her hands were getting clammy and the hallway seemed a few degrees hotter. She saw the knob turn and was this close to turning away.

 

“Sejeongie?” Jihyo called out to her and smiled. “Jihyo! I was wondering what are you up to?” Sejeong let out a nervous laugh and hid the sandwich behind her back. “ I just wanted to visit you…and the rest of the members.” Jihyo let out a laugh, “Are you sure? Or did you just want to give a member something?” TWICE’s leader never saw Sejeong so nervous before. Sejeong’s ears started to turn red as Jihyo referred to her hands behind her back.

 

“Why don’t you come inside?” Jihyo opened the door wider to let Sejeong in. Her eyes scanned the room, hoping she can greet Mina. Some members were sleeping, some were talking amongst themselves. She greeted them with a bow and a small smile. Sejeong smiled when her eyes landed upon Mina who was on her phone listening to music on her iPhone.

Her heart skipped a beat, when Sejeong noticed that Mina was listening to her cover of Zion.T’s “Yanghwa Bridge” back when she was on Produce 101. Her eyes were closed and seemed to enjoy the rendition of the song.

 

“Sooo, who do you want to give the sandwich too?” Jihyo flashed her a playful smile. Sejeong gave a small glance to Mina. “Why don’t you introduce yourself, Sejeong?” The younger girl suggested, knowing who Sejeong was looking at. Sejeong nodded her head nervously, hoping to garner the courage. Luckily, Jihyo went up to Mina first and lightly tapped her shoulder. Mina took off her headphones and smiled brightly at TWICE’s leader.

 

“Yes, Jihyo-ah?” Mina said in her soft-spoken voice and turned to her. “There is someone who wants to meet you,” Jihyo smiled and looked over at Sejeong. Mina turned her head and faced the same way as Jihyo. She was now face to face with gugudan’s main vocal who had a bright smile.

 

Mina suddenly felt embarrassed, did Sejeong know that she was listening to her music? The youngest Japanese member stood up from her chair and bowed to greet Sejeong. “Hello, I’m TWICE Myoui Mina.” For some reason she smiled so widely that she knew her gums were showing.

 

“Nice to meet you, Mina. I’m gugudan’s Kim Sejeong.” She smiled widely and bowed back at her. “I just wanted to formally introduce myself, I know that TWICE and gugudan have the same amount of members. I hope we can become friends.” Mina let out a light giggle and nodded her head. “I’ve been a fan of you since Produce 101, unnie. I find your voice soothing before a performance.” Mina admitted to the older girl.

 

Sejeong found herself blushing again. “Thank you, Mina.” Her eyes are beautiful, Sejeong thought.

 

“I had an extra sandwich from the cafe and I was wondering if you wanted it,” Sejeong offered with a flustered smile. “Oh I would love that, thank you so much. Sejeong Unnie” Mina accepted the sandwich with both hands. “Oh unnie, these are for you.” Mina offered Sejeong her last Meiji chocolate bamboo shoots that she was going to save after their performance. “Thank you, Mina. I will enjoy these,” Sejeong smiled widely and caressed Mina’s shoulder. The younger girl seemed taken aback with the sudden skinship, but immediately got comfortable with Sejeong’s touch.

 

Both girls were looking into each other’s eyes for a moment, a smile on their faces. “Minari, what are you up to?” Sana approached the younger girl and interrupted the small moment between Mina and Sejeong. “Oh Sana unnie, I was talking to Sejeong unnie,” Mina replied.

“Hi Sejeong-ssi,” Sana bowed to her. Sejeong bowed back and Sana noticed,” Mitang, is that another sandwich from another admirer? It’s your third one! Do you want me to throw it away for you?”

 

Sejeong started to panic.

 

“Oh no unnie, I just got it from manager unnie. I don’t want to waste it.” Mina assured her. “But you hate those sandwiches,” Sana insisted. “I’m going to try it and enjoy it, unnie.” Mina looked at Sejeong.

 

“Sejeong, your manager is outside…” Jihyo told her, meaning it was her time to go. “I’ll see you later, Mina and Sana-ssi?” Sejeong felt a little sad that she had to go so soon. Mina nodded and smiled, “Hopefully soon.” She quietly exited the room, but Jihyo stopped her.

 

“This is for you Sejeongie.” Jihyo passed her a note and winked, going back to the waiting room. Wondering what it was, Sejeong opened the note and it was Mina’s phone number.

 

She found herself smiling at the note.


 

..

 

In the waiting room, Mina began to unwrap the sandwich Sejeong gave to her. Unwrapping it, a note fell into her lap. She placed the sandwich on the table and unfolded the note. She smiled widely at Sejeong’s note and made sure to put Sejeong’s number on her phone.

 

“So, there is note from an admirer?” Sana said playfully. Mina quickly hid the note from her unnie and took a bite from the sandwich. “Noo,” Mina shook her head and fed some of the sandwich to Sana.

 

“Min-” Sana was muffled by the jelly in the sandwich. Finally swallowing, “That sandwich is gross!”

 

Mina shrugged and took another bite of it.

 

..

 

TWICE finished their pre recording for Inkigayo, Mina had to admit to her knee was starting to hurt. Her knee has been hurt since the “What is Love?” era and Mina knew she had to be more careful due to “Yes or Yes” choreography. She told the managers she was going to sit on a chair backstage while they were going to give her an ice pack.

 

Gugudan was getting of the stage, where Sejeong noticed Mina sitting by herself. She was gently massaging her knee and Sejeong noticed the fading bruises on her legs. Sejeong noticed that one of her members weren’t using an ice pack and asked for it.

 

She made her way to Mina and carefully approached the girl, “Mina?” Sejeong smiled gently and held up an ice pack. “Oh Sejeong unnie,” Mina smiled and noticed that she had an ice pack. “Do you mind if you take a seat next to you? And this is for you..” She handed Mina the ice pack. “You can sit next to me,” Mina scooted over a little bit. Sejeong pulled out another chair for Mina to elevate her leg.

 

Mina was caught off guard by Sejeong’s gesture. “Thank you unnie.”

 

“So do you have any plans for tomorrow?” Sejeong asked casually and looked over at Mina. The younger girl shook her head, “We have a few days off, why unnie?” Sejeong noticed that Mina’s ice pack was starting to slip and made sure it stayed put. At the same, Mina attempted to hold it, but she was too slow.

 

Mina ended up grabbing Sejeong’s hand.

 

She tried to let go, but Sejeong stopped her and gently held onto Mina’s hand.

 

“I was wondering if you wanted to hangout tomorrow or whenever you are free?” Sejeong asked, she felt her heart flutter on holding Mina’s hand. “I know it’s so sudde-”

 

“I would love to, Sejeong unnie.” Mina smiled, her gums showing. “There’s that famous smile of yours.” Sejeong whispered to herself. Unbeknownst to Sejeong, Mina heard her. The two noticed that they were still hold hands, but they continued.

 

“I’ll give you my number-” Mina suggested and was cut off, “Mitang, there you are!” They both turned to see Sana and Momo down the hall. “Let me help you up,” Sejeong said in a low voice. She gently put down Mina’s leg from the chair and grabbed her by the waist. “Minari, are you okay?” Momo was concerned and flashed a smile to Sejeong. “I was waiting for manager unnie for an ice pack and she told me to wait here.” Mina mentioned.

 

“Luckily, Sejeong unnie was here to keep me company.” Mina smiled at the older girl. “Thank you for taking care of her,” Momo smiled and grabbed a hold of Mina now. Sana nodded her head and didn’t say a word to the older girl, she got a hold of Mina from the other side.

 

“Bye Sejeong unnie, I’ll see you soon,” Mina turned her head. Sana glanced back at Sejeong and held onto Mina tighter.

 

“Bye Mina.”

 

For some reason, watching Mina leave made Sejeong feel empty.

 

..

 

Sejeong was now walking with her head down to her group’s waiting room. She was greeted by her members and made her way to own section where was stuff was. She pulled out her phone and noticed there was a message from unknown number.

 

She opened the message and began to read:

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter