To Establish

So what if he looks like a god?

     Yoongi sighed.

 

     Yoongi looked over at Seokjin, who was still kneeling on the floor, after his confession. Yoongi just looked, with resignation on his face as he sighed again, this time preparing for what he’d have to say.

 

     “Jin-hyung,” he said pointedly. “If you are only saying this in a superficial way, then please quit now. I understand that his appearance has changed a lot and that he is more confident, but he is still the sensitive kid we remember. I can’t let him get hurt at your hands. He is-”

 

     “I DO LOVE HIM!” Seokjin interrupted, standing up and stalking towards Yoongi. Seokjin grabbed Yoongi’s shirt in a threatening way as he brought them face to face. “I love him! I love every part of him! I love him so much! You wouldn’t even begin to understand!”

 

     And Seokjin’s eyes looked straight into Yoongi’s with anger and hurt.

 

     “I’ve loved him from even before he left!”

 

     Yoongi’s eyes widened. Seokjin loosened his hold on Yoongi and sank to his knees, head bowed low. They stayed there in silence, just mulling at what had just been revealed.

 

     Yoongi looked down at his hyung. “Since when?” he asked, placing his hand reassuringly on Seokjin’s shoulder.

 

     Seokjin took in a shuddering breath as he moved back, out of the reach of Yoongi. “Since I was 18… and he was 13.”

 

     Yoongi took a sharp breath in. “Hyung-”

 

     “I know! I know, okay!” Seokjin said, standing up, turning around and putting his hands on his head. He turned to face Yoongi, his face full of despair. “He was 13! A minor! I was an adult! I felt so guilty, so ashamed. I’m five years older, I’m supposed to be the responsible one! And I thought it was just my disgusting one-sided love, until he confessed before he left.”

 

     Here Seokjin paused, face twisted with sorrow. “He confessed at 15. I was 20. He had just become a teen. I was already well into being an adult.”

 

     Seokjin looked at Yoongi dead on. He swallowed “I-I couldn’t let him ruin his life chasing someone half a decade older. He was in his prime, a time for friends, going to parties, meeting a nice girl or boy, going on dates. I’m just a tired old man that’s already fizzled out. He needs someone younger.”

 

     Seokjin fell to the floor, putting his arms around his folded legs and putting his head between his knees, which had become a common procedure for him when thinking about Jungkook.

 

     “So I broke his heart. Told him that he was mistaking me as someone he should love, when I wasn’t. I knew it wasn’t true. I knew he loved me. Jungkook was never the type of person to joke about things like this. And after the shock of him leaving lessened, I thought that it was great. Because then Jungkook could fall in love with someone else, someone new, someone better suited.”

 

     Seokjin finished his explanation, just waiting for Yoongi to respond. There was silence.

 

     “Hyung,” Yoongi said softly. Seokjin looked to the side, refusing to meet Yoongi’s eyes. “What would you have done if Jungkook did fall in love with someone else?”

 

     Yoongi waited with bated breath for Seokjin’s answer.

 

     “If he did find someone else…” Seokjin then looked at the ground with a sad smile on his face. “Then I would support him. For all eternity.”

 

     Seokjin sighed. “I want him to be happy.”

 

     Yoongi stepped forward, crouching and sitting next to his hyung. “Hyung.” he said. “There is absolutely no chance that Jungkook would fall for someone else.”

 

     Seokjin shot up in alarm, looking at Yoongi. Yoongi just calmly looked back at him, then started explaining. “Ever since I was 14, Jungkook has been confiding in me his feelings about you.”

 

     Seokjin stared at him in shock. “When you were 14? He-He was only 10…”

 

     “Yes. And I’m sure that he’s loved you for even longer, considering everything that poured out the first time he confided in me.”

 

     Seokjin just looked at Yoongi in disbelief.

 

     “And Hyung. I’m not going to tell you everything Jungkook said. But I can tell you that Jungkook is truly in love with every fiber of your being, which I don’t understand, since you’re a terrible person.”

 

     “Ya!” Seokjin said, gently slapping Yoongi’s shoulder.

 

     Yoongi smirked slightly before going back to his stoic face. “But in all seriousness, Jungkook loves you and cares for you. He would never abandon you or do anything of the sort.”

 

     Seokjin smiled, but it soon turned to a frown as he remembered the events of earlier. “But what am I supposed to do now? I hurt him. I hurt him really bad. How can I get him to forgive me?”

 

     “You apologize.” Yoongi replied, looking Seokjin straight in the eye. “Explain exactly what happened and why you said what you did. And then tell him how you truly feel.”

 

     Seokjin didn’t move, but was looking down with resolve. Yoongi stood up and walked to his center table. Seokjin watched as Yoongi took a pen and wrote down something on a piece of paper. And then Yoongi came back and smacked Seokjin with the paper. Seokjin took it and looked at the writing. It looked very much like an…

 

     “Address. That’s Jungkook’s address. Knowing you, you probably didn't take in exactly where he lived when you drove him there.” Yoongi stood off to the side as Seokjin stood up.

 

     “You two idiots were made for each other. Now go get your idiot.”

 

     Seokjin smiled at Yoongi, a small, joyous smile. “Thanks, Yoongi,” he said softly.

 

     Yoongi smiled his big gummy smile. “No problem, hyung. Just get me coffee and we’ll be good.”

 

     “Yah! I already cook for you and you want more! Aiish…” Seokjin said with no malice as he runs out the door.

 

-------------------------

 

     Jungkook is at home, curled up on his couch with a blanket around him, willing his tears to not fall. He attempted to watch Iron Man, but all of that is not working. Jungkook looked around in frustration as a stray tear glided down his cheekbone. He hurriedly wiped his eyes, roughly running his hands across his face. At his limit, he grabbed the remote and paused the movie, turning the TV off. With no distractions his mind traveled back to the events of earlier. Jungkook bit his trembling lower lip as he tried not to cry.

 

     He then heard a loud, energetic bang that shocked him enough for him to promptly fall off the couch. As he sat up he heard more repetitive knocking on his front door. Jungkook considered staying put and letting the person believe no one’s at home. But considering the knocking that doesn’t seem to be stopping anytime soon, Jungkook decided to answer.

 

     Jungkook groaned as he stood, moving towards the door, preparing to smack the person on the other end. Most likely Taehyung. He raised his hand as he opened the door with his other hand, only to be knocked onto his back by the person on the other end.

 

     “Taehyung, you’re heavy! Get off me!” Jungkook said, pushing the person on top of him. But this person doesn’t feel like Taehyung. No, this was slightly heavier, the hair much softer, the shoulders broader. The person lifted his head, and Jungkook laid his eyes on the person responsible for his heart break. “Jin-hyung?”

 

     Seokjin sits back and stands, allowing Jungkook to stand up himself before Jungkook is enveloped in the tight hug courtesy of his hyung.

 

     “Hyung, wha-?”

 

     “I’m so sorry Jungkook.” Seokjin said, face buried in the neck of the younger. “I’m so sorry. I’m a horrible person. I caused you pain for my own selfish reasons. I’m sorry. You deserve so much better.”

 

     “Hyung!” Jungkook forcibly said as he gently pushed Seokjin off him. Seokjin looked at him with surprise.

 

     “Hyung,” Jungkook said calmly. “Start from the beginning.”

 

     Seokjin inhaled and exhaled out, preparing himself. He looked straight into Jungkook’s eyes. “Jungkook. I didn’t mean anything I said to Yoongi. You’re not a horrible person. Yes, you tease us quite a bit, but we all know it’s fun and games. You are still so respectful and kind to everyone. I only said those things because I tried one last attempt to deny my emotions. And it completely backfired because I hurt you.”

 

     Seokjin looked down at the ground, a bit anxious. “I hurt you. Which was the last thing I wanted to do. And seeing that just proved to me something which I, for so long, had been ignoring.”

 

     Seokjin took in a deep breath and looked into Jungkook’s eyes, determination filling him as he gently grasped Jungkook’s hand in his own. “Jungkook.”

 

     “I love you.”

 

     Jungkook’s eyes opened wide in shock, and he was frozen in place. Seokjin mistook Jungkook’s expression for doubt as he hastily explained a doubt.

 

     “I’m not saying this superficially, either! It’s just, it’s been a bit harder to completely ignore these feelings when you are so much more confident. And you also don’t look like a cute kid anymore, so it just shows me that you are truly an adult and I don’t have any excuses anymore. I-”

 

     Seokjin gently brushes his hand along the side of Jungkook’s face. “I’ve loved you from even before you left, Jungkook.”

 

     Jungkook gulped, not letting himself believe. He grabbed the wrist of Seokjin’s hand as it moved away from his face. “Then- Then why did you reject me? When I confessed.”

 

     Seokjin looked away, ashamed. “I didn’t want your teenage years marred by someone half a decade older. That was the time for freedom, rebellion, to meet people, to date! I was already out of my prime, drowning in the life that is college. You deserved someone better.”

 

     “I don’t want anyone better! I didn’t want anyone better! It’s always just been you, hyung.”

 

     Seokjin looked at Jungkook, calm and firm. “I know now, which is why I decided to stop lying to myself.”

 

     Seokjin then pressed a chaste kiss onto Jungkook’s lips. “I love you, Jungkook.”

 

     Jungkook was so overwhelmed. His love for most of his life just reciprocated his own love. He even got a kiss. He was just so… happy! Joyous! Thrilled! Jungkook couldn’t even describe the emotions that were filling up, threatening to overflow. And overflow they did, as his cheer reached his limit and Jungkook grabbed Seokjin and, cradling the others head, brought their lips together in a simple declaration of love.

 

     Jungkook separated, still holding Seokjin in his arms. He looked into Seokjin’s eyes, which were filled with love and joy. Jungkook wondered if his own mirrored the wonderful emotions. Jungkook proceeded to ask for the final conformation of love, something he regarded as special, something to seal this as truth.

 

     “Hyung, can we?”

 

     Seokjin nodded. “Yes. Please take me, Jungkook. Make love to me.”