Chapter 2

Fated
Please log in to read the full chapter

Never had JinYoung felt this nervous before. He had been nervous when he had taken the college entrance exam but that had been nothing compared to this. Reason for that might be that he was able to properly prepare for those exams for months ahead. However, he was absolutely unprepared for the situation he'd be facing in a few minutes from now. Nothing could have prepared him properly for a date with a man that kept on haunting his thoughts since he first saw him a few days ago.

Excitement bubbled widely in his stomach area. Excitement that was widely mixed with worry, happiness and of course nervousness. He bit his under lip and started to pull on his clothes again in hopes to make them look perfectly when the other man would arrive at their meeting point. JinYoung checked his outfit again in the glass window in front of him. Was he dressed too formal? Should he have worn something more fitting for a date with a tattoo artist that wore two absolutely beautiful drawings on his upper arms? He didn't know. However, it was too late to change his outfit now as it would take him a whole hour to even get back to his flat.

Once again he pulled on his shirt and bit his lips. "Sorry to keep you waiting.The subway was packed which caused me to miss the train I originally wanted to take," he suddenly heard someone say behind him which made him spin around.

In front of JinYoung stood the most handsome man he was ever able to meet. JB, who must have been run the whole way from the subway station to the restaurant was breathing heavily. Small drops of sweat had formed on his forehead but despite that he looked stunning. Just as stunning as when JinYoung had first met him.

A soft smile caressed JinYoung's lips before he told the other that he hadn't been waiting that long. JB smiled after hearing that. "Shall we go in?" he asked and pointed at the restaurant.

JinYoung had never been here before. The whole area was unknown to JinYoung as he lived in a whole other part of Seoul. However, he'd known that some of the best Korean restaurants were located here. Apparently this was one of those restaurants. According to JB this was the best place to eat dakgalbi. It looked as if not only JB was thinking like that as a sign at the door exclaimed that statement as well.

The dark haired nodded shortly and smiled at his date as the other was holding the door open for him. Happily he walked passed him and waited for someone to show them where they can be seated. An amazing smell of spices, rice and grilled meat reached his nose which made his stomach grumble loudly. Nervously he looked around to see if JB heard it.

"Looks like you're hungry. We arrived at the perfect time then," his date exclaimed and smiled at him softly. JinYoung blushed after hearing that but nodded curtly. Why was he suddenly so shy? He hadn’t been this shy when they last met. Hopefully JB wouldn't think he's too boring because of that.

A waitress, who looked quite stressed because of the many customers she had to serve, came towards them and guided the dating men to an empty table. It was a small table. In the middle of it was a cooking spot which was supposed to keep the food warm once it's served.
Both didn't have to look through the short menu for long and ordered their shared portion of cheese dakgalbi shortly after they were seated.

"It smells amazing here. Do you come here often?" JinYoung asked while they were waiting for their food to arrive.

"I wouldn't say so. I've been here before with friends but that was quite a while ago. They have an amazing dakgalbi which is why I thought of coming here with you today. I love Korean food," JB said with a happy smile on his face.

JinYoung began to smile too. "Korean food is amazing. Great choice!" he complimented to which JB's smile grew wider.

"So you're into Korean food too?" JB asked while he opened a drawer under his side of the table to take out chopsticks and napkins. He gently placed the other pair of chopsticks on JinYoung's side, smiled at him and then waited for the other to answer.

"I am, Korean food is delicious!" JinYoung exclaimed which earned him another bright smile from his date.

Both were still talking eagerly about their favourite foods and the best places they've discovered to eat when their ordered portion arrived. JinYoung leaned curiously into the pot. The sight alone made him drool. The small pieces of chicken covered in red sauce was split into two by a stream of cheese in the middle of the huge black frying pot. Rice and the usual side dishes were put on the table next to them as the pot itself took so much space. The smell that reached JinYoung's nose was amazing and he couldn't wait to start eating.

Once the waitress was gone again they started to dig in. Both ate quietly for a while. The silence didn't bother them at all. Instead they felt really comfortable with it. Nevertheless did they continue their conversation once a few pieces of chicken, cheese and rice found their way into their mouths.

"Have you finished the book yet, JB-ssi?" JinYoung asked, curious to hear what the other thought of the book he liked so much. JB nodded vigorously to answer his date.

"I read the last few pages yesterday. It was amazing. Finding a good new book to compete with it will be hard."

"If you liked 'The Catcher in the Rye' I can recommend you a few other books that are amazing, too. I have one with me today,” JinYoung said excitedly, which made JB smirk in a teasing way.

"You bring a book to a date?" he asked, which made JinYoung's eyes grow big.

"No! Well...yes, but I only brought one out of habit. I really was looking forward to this. I really didn’t meant to..." the dark haired tried to save himself to which JB started to laugh.

"Don't worry. I just tried teasing you a bit," he said to which JinYoung began to pout. The other giggled softly and JinYoung could have sworn that he heard the other softly mumble something that sounded like ‘cut’e which made him look away to hide the blush that was slowly forming itself on his cheeks.

"Say ‘Ah!’" he suddenly heard JB say to which he turned his head towards the other again and was met by a piece of chicken that was held by two metal chopsticks. Unsure on what he should do he first looked at the chicken, then at JB and then at the tables around them.

"Are you seriously trying to feed me?" he asked while grabbing his own chopsticks again and getting another mouthful of chicken from the pot by himself.

JB put the chicken he was holding down on JinYoung's bowl of rice and then took another piece of meat which he quickly made disappear in his mouth. JinYoung stared at the piece of chicken on his rice bowl. He'd seen this in dramas when people were dating but it felt somehow embarrassing when things like this were done to oneself in real life. However, he somehow liked it which made him pick up the chicken JB previously had tried to feed him and eat it. The chicken somehow tasted different in his mouth. Better than before.

JB had watched JinYoung and was smiling to himself when he saw the other eat while smiling happily. Immediately he picked up another piece and placed in on his date’s rice.

"You don't need to feed me. I can get it myself," JinYoung exclaimed but nevertheless accepted the next piece of chicken JB had picked for him and ate it with a huge smile on his face.

Even though JinYoung said that, he actually didn't want the other to stop. He really started to like that small gesture. A lot. JB must have noticed that as he continued doing that until only a few more pieces were left in the pot and JinYoung said that he can't eat one more bite.

"Did you enjoy it?" JB asked to which JinYoung happily nodded while patting his stomach lightly.

"Best dakgalbi I've ever ate," he said while gifting his date with a bright smile.

"Are you sure it's the galbi you liked and not the way I handed it to you?" JB began to tease the other again.
"I'm pretty sure it was the galbi," the dark haired said in the most innocent sounding tone of voice in hopes that the other understood that he was trying to by saying that too. Two can play that game, right?

"I'm sure it was," JB happily said while extending his arm and gently touched JinYoung's hand.

The dark haired watched as the artist softly caressed the back of his hand and then held it into his. Slowly he intertwined his fingers with his. He enjoyed those soft and little touches way too much. But what could he do? It felt nice to feel JB's hand in his. It made him feel wonderful, warm feelings inside. It felt perfect. It felt right.

"Are you really sure it was just that?" JB suddenly asked, which caused JinYoung to look up at him.

"Hmmm?" he asked, not sure what they were talking about. JB began to smile widely at that. He didn't say another word just continued to softly caress JinYoung's back of his hand with his thumb while still holding the other's hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You should have let me pay for dinner when you already paid for the film tickets, JB-ssi!" JinYoung said, not too happy about the fact that he wasn't able to pay for any part of this date. JB had bought the tickets for the film they were going to see before the date even had started and dinner...in some unknown way he had been able to pay for dinner as well even though they never had left the other alone while they were in that restaurant. It was a true mystery to JinYoung how JB had paid for dinner.

"You bought the popcorn," JB said and pointed at the huge bucket of white salty popcorn that JinYoung was carrying around.

"That's not the same!" JinYoung said while pouting slightly.

"It is. For today," he happily said as he grabbed JinYoung's hand and guided him towards the recently built grandstand. Every aisle was built on a slightly higher ground than the previous one which made the whole grandstand look really intimidating and tall.

JB guided JinYoung towards the steps that lead upwards. Somewhere in the middle he stopped and entered the aisle. JinYoung followed the slightly older man and soon took a seat on a warm plastic seat right next to JB. Once he had taken his place he looked around.

People entered the area and started to look for their places. There were quite many of them, too. Everyone happily chatted with each other. JinYoung heard them talking about all kinds of things. It seems that not only the film they're going to watch today was a great topic of conversation.

The small food stands on the ground floor were busy taking orders from their many customers. They were selling popcorn and nachos as well as ice cream and chocolate. The smell of all those good things mixed itself together and filled the air around them.

There was a huge white screen right in front of them. JinYoung has never seen such a big screen before and it made him look forward to seeing today's film even more. However, it was the view around them that impressed the younger the most. Around them as well as behind the screen they were able to see Seoul. The many buildings glittered beautifully in the setting sun and coloured everything in a warm shade of red.

"Wow!" JinYoung said when he noticed how stunning their surroundings looked. This was definitely the perfect location for something like this. "How come I never knew this existed? It's beautiful!" He exclaimed while his eyes were still fixed on the warmly coloured Seoul in the background.

"It is beautiful, isn't it? Most people don't know this exists. I think it's their third year doing this event. They don't advertise the theatre that much as the people who know about it will fill all the seats offered anyway," JB explained and looked around happily.

JinYoung nodded while listening and then turned his attention towards JB. "Do you come here often?" He asked curiously as he leaned back in his chair and took a handful of popcorn to eat. JB smiled before shaking his head and taking three pieces of popcorn out of the bucket on JinYoung's lap.

"I've been here twice. Both times with really good friends of mine to watch films we missed in theatres but desperately wanted to watch. That was last year, though. I haven't seen a film here this year, yet. Sadly I haven’t had the chance to do so yet. Therefore, I'm glad that you were okay with this."

JB smiled brightly which made JinYoung's heart flutter in excitement. Tonight will be a good night. He could feel it.

The film they were going to watch was a mixture of action and comedy with a hint of romance in it. It was the 8th part of a very successful film series of which JinYoung had only seen the first three parts. Nevertheless he was confident that understanding the film wouldn't be that hard. It never was with films like this.

The area slowly filled with people and soon every seat on the grandstand was taken. People around them chatted excitedly and started eating their recent purchases. JaeBum and JinYoung happily shared their popcorn and talked about trivial things to get to know each other. After everyone had taken their seat, however, the lights began to dim. Soon only the faint rays of the setting sun were illuminating the area which, again, made the whole scene look even more stunning than before.

After a few moments the screen in front of them became illuminated. Advertisement of different products and shops from the area they were in were shown on screen before the voice of an announcer told them that the film is going to start soon. The people around them began to quiet down after hearing that and once the film started rolling only a few audience members were still whispering to each other. Soon, however, the area went quiet to not disturb anyone.

JinYoung was fascinated by the whole atmosphere. He'd seen quite many films in theatres in his 23 years of life so far but never had he seen one in such a beautiful setting as one like this. The film itself started off quite thrilling as well. There was an action scene right at the beginning. The explanation for it followed five minutes later.

"Do you like it?” JinYoung suddenly heard JB ask next to him 15 minutes into the film.

The younger hastily nodded, barely taking his eyes off the screen. A giggle next to him, however, made him tear his eyes from the screen to look at JB.

Amused about the expression of the younger he pointed towards the screen again to indicate the younger that he should continue watching. JinYoung curtly shrugged his shoulders and turned his attention towards the screen again.

Another car chase was shown on screen when suddenly JinYoung felt a hand on his shoulder. Confused he looked at the hand only to realize that JB slyly had managed to lay an arm around him. Happily he looked at the hand and then turned his head towards JB. The older's eyes were fixed on the screen in front of him but JinYoung could have sworn to have seen JB stare at him before JinYoung had turned his head towards him.

A happy smile appeared on JinYoung's face. It felt nice to feel JB's arm around him. He liked it a lot. However, he wondered if he could go a step further. Would it be okay to just lean onto him and rest his head on the other’s shoulder? He really wanted to do it but what if the older would think of it as weird or inappropriate? Sure this was a date but would it be too much if he did so on their first date? He didn't want to look like a clingy person, as well.

Longingly he stared at JB's shoulder before finally turning his head toward the screen again. He had decided to not lean on the other’s shoulder and focus on the film in front of him instead. JB must have noticed the longing stare of the younger and once JinYoung's eyes were fixed on the screen again he pulled him closer so that he could lean on his shoulder. Surprised by that JinYoung looked up at JB who simply smiled and took another handful of popcorn with his free hand.

Immediately JinYoung nuzzled his head on JB's shoulder and let it rest there. It felt nice to feel the other's warmth so close to him. To feel his arm still laying around his shoulders. To smell the other’s unique and personal scent. JinYoung's heart hammered fast against his chest. He liked this. This was nice. Very nice, to be honest.

Both started to focus on the film again. However, focus might have been the wrong word. JinYoung was watching the moving pictures in front of him but he wasn't able to connect with the story anymore. He was too distracted by the overwhelming closeness and the feelings the other caused him to have. Happily he snuggled even closer to JB. His date didn't seem to mind. On the contrary, JB started to slowly caress JinYoung's shoulder while still holding him closely.

The scene on the screen in front of them changed. The two main characters were alone in the scene and were talking eagerly about some failed plan. However, the atmosphere between them became changed quite rapidly when the man, who's name JinYoung had long forgotten, cornered the woman and began to kiss her passionately. Suddenly JinYoung felt awkward being so close to JB. Bashfully he looked away from the screen and straightened himself up.

JB let go of his shoulder immediately when he noticed that JinYoung wanted to sit upright again. His eyes laid on JinYoung who still awkwardly tried to get over the scene in front of him. A smirk appeared on JB's face before he leaned towards the other and began to whisper in his ear.

"Is everything OK?" he asked, to which JinYoung quickly stiffened.

The younger slowly nodded before finally deciding to look at his date for tonight. JinYoung t

Please log in to read the full chapter