Rendezvous

You're My Haven in This World of Hell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1: Rendezvous

 

 

Darkness was slowly taking over the light, a sign that the sun was setting and the moon will gradually makes it way to the top surrounded by small twinkling stars.

 

The sky itself was undeniably beautiful. It displayed such distinct but vibrant colors that blended together. Purple, pink, orange and indigo. It was a sight to be witnessed with full attention.

 

A man standing at the rooftop of a grand skyscraper was gazing at the scenery but his mind was clogged with so many things, that he hadn’t appreciated the scenery before him.

 

He then took out his from his pocket and quickly dialed a certain number.

 

“Yes sir,” answered monetonely by someone on the line.

 

“Is everything good to go?” The man asked, as he exhaled the smoke that he inhaled from the cigarette he was holding on his other hand.

 

“Yes sir, everything is done and good to go.”

 

“Make sure to let my daughter know that she’ll be attending this event,” the man ordered. “Tell her it’s important and don’t let her know more than that, understand.”

 

“Understood sir Kim,” the guy on the line answered back while the man known as ‘sir Kim’ ended the call abruptly, not bothering to say a goodbye.

 

‘It’s going to be a long night’ was what he said to himself.


Kim Seung Jeon’s household

 

“Miss, you are to attend this event tonight,” said by one of Kim Seung Jeon’s trustworthy men, named Jaejoong, as he stood outside of his boss’ daughter’s room. “It’s a very important event, especially for your father.” And you.

 

“I shall wait for you outside and then we’ll head off from there,” he continued, “So get ready, your dress should be on your bed and a few people would come and help you with the rest. Remember your father doesn’t like tardiness, Taeyeon.”

 

Jaejoong then walked away and went outside of the house, to wait in a rather cold temperature as winter approaches.

 

Taeyeon on the other side, waited for Jaejoong to walk away, as she leaned her head against her bedroom door to know if he’s truly gone.

 

She sighed.

 

What’s so important about this event? What makes this event so different and somewhat special from the other parties they had?

 

All sorts of questions occupied her curious mind.

 

“But no point pondering on such things as I have to attend this so-called important event in the end anyway. I have to obey my father” Taeyeon thought.

 

So Taeyeon undressed herself from her attire which consisted of a dark skinny jeans and an oversized pink hoodie. She then grabbed the beautiful dress that was lying on her queen sized bed that attracted her attention.

 

Moments later,

 

Taeyeon came out of her room and went down stairs. She was then greeted by all the workers that works under her father as they are lined up straight from where she was; at the very bottom of the stairs to the front entrance of their household, which was a good twenty-five meter difference.

 

She genuinely smiled at them as she walks down the middle, even though she could see through some of their fake and forced smiles towards her.

 

The door was opened for her by two men she had never spoken to and walked pass them.

 

“Well, well, look at you now,” she smiled at him. A voice that she recognizes very well. Jaejoong. “The waiting was worth it” he continued as he grinned at her with awe.

 

Taeyeon couldn’t help but roll her eyes at him. He was the only one she was comfortable with. He was like a father-figure to her.

 

“Let’s get going, the party is about to start” Jaejoong offered her his hand to assist her on the way to their black limousine. “I gotta be the first one to have a taste on the fine liquor and dishes they have there.”

 

Taeyeon looked at him as she chuckled. Jaejoong was a lot taller than her, considering the fact that she is quite small, standing at a height of 5”3. She studied him, his look for tonight. He was handsome, there’s no denying that fact. He was wearing an overall black suit with his hair brushed back. She was still wondering as to why he’s still not married. He was already in his late 40s.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter