Promise

Dahyun’s ankle

 

The next morning the dongsaengs, minus Dahyun, got up early to practice so the Unnie line got to sleep in a bit. So everyone practicing was Tzuyu, Chaeyoung, Mina, and Jihyo. 

 

Dahyun woke up and looked around groggily.

“Huh? Where did they go?” She thought out loud. She heard people in the kitchen. She thought,

‘Oh they’re just eating.’ She limped to the kitchen. But something was wrong.

‘1234..? Where’s everyone else?’ Nayeon saw her.

“Good morning Dahyunnie~” she helped Dahyun sit down. 

“Unnie-deul, where did everyone else go?” The unnies looked at each other. ‘Crap, she noticed.’ 

“Well we decided to take turns practicing today. So all the dongsaengs are practicing right now. We’re here to watch over you.” She explained. Dahyun processed this in her brain.

“Wait, How about me? When do I get to practice? Wouldn’t I be practicing with them right now?” Jeongyeon stepped in.

“Dahyunnie, you’re not really allowed to practice right now. You sprained your ankle remember?” 

“But-“

“No buts, we’re not about to let you make your self worse.” Sana said.

“Yeah, the only reason you’re hurt right now is because of practice anyway.” Momo added. Dahyun just pouted.

“Come on, it’ll get better. You just gotta wait a little.” Nayeon comforted her. Dahyun nodded.

“Alright, with that over with, do you want some painkillers?” Dahyun shook her head. Nayeon shrugged and told her to eat her breakfast.

 

 

The dongsaengs got back from practice with news.

“Guys! We’re going to Vietnam!” Chaeyoung said. They members who hadn’t heard the new before jumped up and down.

“Ooh I can’t wait!” “I love traveling!” “I’m so ready to see Vietnamese Once again!”

Hearing the commotion, sadness unnie came out to see a bunch of girls hopping around.

“What’s going on?”

“We’re going to Vietnam!” The girls exclaimed. Sadness unnie nodded as if she just remembered. Then her eyes widened.

“Oh. I just remembered Dahyun isn’t going with us.” The excitement drained out of room immediately. The girls reluctantly turned to look at the poor injured girl.

“B-But...” She stuttered. The manager sighed.

“I’m sorry Dahyun, but your health comes first. Since your injured, we cannot take the risk of you getting worse.” Dahyun wanted to cry for what seemed like the 10th time within 2 days. She just nodded and went back to her room. The girls’ eyes followed her as she trudged slowly. Once she closed the door they looked at each other.

“Will she be okay? I don’t like it when someone has to be left out.” Sana said.

“She must feel terrible. It wasn’t even her fault that she’s like this. And now she has to miss a trip like this because of it.” Momo glanced at the door.

“She’s probably gonna be gloomy for a while. But I’m sure she’ll cheer up eventually. She’s Dahyun. She’ll be strong.” Jihyo said.

After that the girls decided to leave Dahyun alone for a while and stayed in the living room to watch TV. 

 

 

“Chaeng, let’s go check on Dahyun-unnie real quick.” Tzuyu said. Chaeyoung nodded and they went to their room. When they opened the door they frowned. Dahyun was on her bed sleeping. She had tears streaked down her face and she was curled up in a ball. The maknaes went to report this to the unnies. 

“I think she cried herself to sleep.” Chaeyoung said pouting. Nayeon sighed.

“We need to make her feel better about this before we leave.” 

“Agreed.” Nayeon, Sana, and Jihyo went into the maknae room.

“Dahyunnie~” Sana said as she shook Dahyun’s shoulder gently. She groaned and turned over. She had puffy eyes and she didn’t want to look at the members.

“Wae?” She mumbled. Nayeon sighed again. 

“Dahyun we won’t have as much fun as we would if you were coming with us. It’s gonna be fun but we’re gonna miss you too. Plus, it’s only for like a week.” Jihyo added,

“Yeah. And I promise we’ll bring back souvenirs for you.” Dahyun brightened a little.

“You promise?” She held out her pinky. Jihyo smiled at her child-like action and linked her pinky with Dahyun’s

“I promise.”

The next day, Dahyun happily said goodbye to all the members as they headed out the door with their suitcases and promised that they would video chat later.