Gangnam-Gu Murder Case

Perpetrator

 

 

"Oh Yong Joo, 21 years old female student of Seoul National University. Body was found in a garbage bin located at Hakdong-ro 56-gil, Gangnam-Gu." 

Jae Wook shifted his laser pointer on the focused images of the victim, "As you can see, there are strangle marks around the neck, her body shows signs of bruise and a deep cut can be seen on ."

"What time was the body found? Was there any witnesses?" Sung Kyung questioned as her eyes analysed the images of the victim. Jae Wook cleared his throat, "The body was found early this morning by a woman, around 7am." 

"Judging by the fresh bruises and the distinct strangle marks, the victim was killed not long before she was found. Is the autopsy report out?" Bogum narrowed his eyes, studying the informations on the screen regarding the victim properly. A young female student, killed and body disposed in a garbage bin. Public place where the victim body is most likely to be discovered. What is the motive of the perpetrator? 

At the very moment, the automatic door opens and V rushes in, "Team leader, you have to come with me now."

When Jae Wook and Bogum went in the lab together with V, RapMon was meticulously examining the body of Oh Yong Joo. He lifted her hand gently, observing her fingernails. Finally realising that the vistors were there, he looked up and nodded, "I will begin explaining. So the exact cause of death of Oh Yong Joo was the slash on her artery, specifically the carotid artery. Both of her internal and external carotid arteries was slashed, therefore depleting the amount of oxygen regulating to her brain as well as to the face and neck. Not only that, the amount of blood loss contributed to her death."

V picks up from there, "The slash found on her neck suggest that the suspect is experienced or have done this before. The suspect is smart enough to not allow the victim to touch him/her because there is no evidence that can be found on the fingernails of the victim."

"We are unable to find the fingerprint of the suspect on the victim as well."

"Yes that is right. Also, the victim has been dead for about two to three days." Rapmon added on.

"This means that the body was kept in another place before being discarded in the garbage bin. Then, if the suspect is skilled, he should probably be-"

Park Bo Gum sentenced was cut off when Rapmon interrupts, "In a medical field or someone who has human astronomy knowledge." Bo Gum nodded. J-hope came into the lab and passed the biopsy reports to Jae Wook, "Here are the informations we gathered. For sure, the victim lovesss to drink alcohol." Jae Wook smiled at him, "Thanks, we shall go now. If there is anything else that all of you obtain, do contact me immediately."

 

Jae Wook and Bo Gum walked into the meeting room and everyone is present eventhough he called for a meeting at 3pm. "As the saying goes, early bird catches the worm. It's a good thing all of you came 30 minutes early."

"We don't catch worms, we catch the culprit instead." Seok Jin joke, causing soft giggles to break out in the room. 

"Okay, so according to our forensic pathology team, the suspect is skilled as he knows exactly how deep he should slashed the victim in order to cut both of the carotids arteries. We have to find out if any of Oh Yong Joo connections are specialised in the medical field or known to have background knowledge around that area." 

"Jin and I will search on that and also we will find out if Oh Yong Joo had contacted anyone before her death." Jimin said while his hands continuously flipped the documents given by Jae Wook. 

"I will go meet the victim's parents and visit her school to obtain informations related with Oh Yong Joo. Since she is in the University, there might be a possiblity that the culprit enroll in the same University or have connection with her friends." Bo-Ah suggested. Jin added, "We can go with you to meet her parents since we need access to her devices at home to retrieve informations."

Bo Gum nudged Sung Kyung and a smile stitched across his face, "Then the both of us shall check on the CCTV around Hakdong-ro 56-gil and conduct profiling?" Sung Kyung stared at him, furrowing her eyebrow, "Why am I stuck with this annoying guy?"

"I will follow then." Jae Wook reply to her statement which caused Sung Kyung to shake her head repetitively, "It's okay!! I CAN go with him!" 

 

    

  1. The orange & grey garbage bin is where the body of Oh Yong Joo was found 
  2. The shop opposite the road, where the crime scene is, is where Bo Gum noticed the CCTV 

 

The three of them arrived at the crime scene, beginning to recall all the informations in their head and making sense of them. Jae Wook, Bo Gum and Sung Kyung walked around the area to check for CCTV that might have capture the image of the suspect. All of them were scruntizing the area in silence when Sung Kyung decided to propose, "According to the report, Oh Yong Joo loves to drink alcohol. Should we find any convenience store in this area or store that sells alcohol to find out if she had been there before she was killed?"

"I think that's a go-" Bo Gum stopped when he noticed that something was moving, "I think we should access that CCTV before anything else." 

The three of them rushed across the road and entered the shop, Jae Wook showed his ID to the owner and requested to access the CCTV. While Sung Kyung and Jae Wook replay the footages caught on the CCTV, Bo Gum begin questioning the owner regarding the case. Instantly, Sung Kyung paused the footage and zoomed in to the image of a man wearing a black hoodie and pants. "Who is he?" Bogum came over to look, he tried to zoom in further but the device reached the limit. "Replay it again." Jae Wook instructed. The three of them observed the man. The CCTV only managed to only cover areas until the parking slot, therefore they could only see the man appearing from there. 

"There is something off about how he act, the way he walked and kept on looking around. It seems like he is worried that someone might see him there?"

"Pause." 

"Considering his side profile, he looked like someone who is in the late twenties. Sharp face features, clear cut jawline." 

"1.80m tall, well built, broad shoulders. We should bring this video footage with us, access it with our devices for better resoluti-"

Jae Wook's phone ring, he answered, "Bo-Ah? Why?"

 
"The content stored in the victims laptop is sickening. She is not an ordinary University student as we expected."

The phone was passed to Jin, "Apparently, according to the documents in her device, it seems that she is involved in human trafficking."