Weddings

Married at First Sight

Married at First Sight - Episode 1
Marrying a Stranger, With a Twist
Word Count: 6076

The Namkook Couple

-Jungkook-

Jungkook never expected to get selected, which is why he hadn’t exactly told his parents that he had applied to be on the show, Married at First Sight. Jungkook had just recently come out to his parents as gay, but they weren’t as accepting as Jungkook had hoped. His mother promptly decided that they would put Jungkook in an arranged marriage of his own, but with a woman to ensure that he would be able to live a normal and healthy lifestyle. Jungkook didn’t want that to happen, so he decided to take his chances and take matters into his own hands. Thus, he applied for this silly show that he never expected to get chosen for.

Yet, here he sat, in the middle of his parent’s kitchen, with Kim Seokjin, the host of the show. If Seokjin was showing himself at Jungkook’s house, that could only meant that Jungkook had been selected to be on the show. He highly doubted that the host would be making his way all the way out here if he was just going to deliver some unfortunate news to Jungkook.

“I’m assuming you know why I’m here?” Seokjin asked. He chose a great time to come over, considering Jungkook’s parents were both out at work right now.

“I’m hoping it’s to deliver some good news,” Jungkook said. He didn’t really want to get selected either because he was still young. He wanted time to find his perfect partner on his own, but he wouldn’t be able to do that if his parents forced him to marry someone of the opposite . He just had to put his trust in this program and hope that things went well for him.

“You would be correct,” Seokjin assured him, a small smile painted on his lips. “We did find someone to match you with. However, we can’t give you any of his information, but we hope that you will look forward to meeting him.”

Somehow the situation became a lot more real when Seokjin actually confirmed that Jungkook would be getting married, and he felt his heart racing into either a panic or excitement. The two were so closely related at the moment that he couldn’t tell which it was. Of course, when it came to telling his parents about the show, it was the panic that took over.

Two hours after Jungkook had been sitting in the kitchen with Seokjin, both of Jungkook’s parents arrived home together. It didn’t really help that they both seemed to be stressed after a hard day of work, but Jungkook hoped that meant that they would have enough of other things on their mind to not be too upset by Jungkook’s news. “Mom, Dad,” Jungkook said when both of them sat down on the couch, “There’s, um, there’s something that I have to tell you.”

He was standing in front of them, between them and the TV so that they wouldn’t get the chance to turn it on before listening to Jungkook. He shifted his weight on his legs, and he bit his lip, waiting for one of them to respond.

“Yes?” His mother was the first one to speak.

“So...I…” Coming out to his parents in the first place was hard enough. It was going to be even more difficult to explain to them that he decided to go onto an arranged marriage program for gay couples. “There’s this show...Married at First Sight, and...well...they’re doing a gay special…”

“No,” His father was the one to cut him off before he could explain that it was really too late to back out of the project. He was already matched with someone, and he even told Seokjin that he was going to go through with it, regardless of what his parents thought about it. “Your mother and I have already decided on a few potential wives for you, and you will marry one of them.”

“You can’t tell me no,” Jungkook gained a random burst of confidence to lash back at his father . He didn’t know where it came from, but he was going to say his piece before it decided to go away. “The host already came over and told me that I’ve got a match. I told him that I would do it, and I’m not changing my mind. I’m an adult, and you can’t stop me if I want to marry a stranger.”

“Are you even listening to yourself?” Jungkook’s mother asked, and Jungkook was. He was very much listening to himself, and he was very aware of how crazy he sounded.

Jungkook thought that this would turn into a fight between him and his parents. He thought that they would be really upset about his decision, and he thought that this would end in him storming out to get married regardless if they were going to show up to the wedding or not. However, they were relatively calm, and it mostly turned into a discussion of them trying to decide how to feel about this.

“So this is something you really want to do?” His mother asked eventually.

“It is,” Jungkook confirmed with a confident nod. “It’s not that I don’t respect you wanting me to marry a girl. I just...wish that you would respect that I don’t want that.”

“Okay,” Jungkook’s father was the first to agree, “We’ll let you go on this program, and we’ll even attend your wedding. However, when it comes to the final decision, if either you or the man you marry decides to get a divorce, you will marry the bride that your mother and I have picked out for you.”

It wasn’t a perfect compromise, but Jungkook hoped that they would have a change of heart by the end of the program, even if he didn’t stay married. He offered a small smile, “Sounds like a deal.”

 

-Namjoon-

Namjoon didn’t have any reason to apply for this program, other than the fact that he wanted the chance to find the love of his life. He hadn’t exactly been looking for the past few years, too busy with his work to worry about focusing on finding the one. Now that he had been out of the dating game for so long, or, really, since he graduated from university, he felt that he wouldn’t have the necessary knowledge to make himself appealing to potential partners. He signed up for Married at First Sight, hoping to be selected to find that special someone. If it didn’t work out, then he wouldn’t have any choice but to put himself out there in the dating game.

Excitement welled up in his chest when he opened the door to find none other than Kim Seokjin, the host of the show, standing at his doorstep. If Seokjin was showing his face around here, it had to be because he was coming to tell Namjoon that they had found a partner for him.

Namjoon allowed the host inside, and he offered a cup of coffee since he already had an entire pot prepared. Normally, he would drink the whole pot on his own, but he could share this once. To be receiving the good news, he could share.

Just as expected, Seokjin had come to tell Namjoon the good news. He told Namjoon that he would be getting married, but he refused to say anything more than that. He couldn’t tell Namjoon the name of his future husband, and he wouldn’t even tell him if the person was older or younger. Well, the whole fun was supposed to be in the mystery, wasn’t it?

With the information that he was given, it was Namjoon’s job to tell his family and friends that he would be getting married in one week. One week wasn’t much time to plan for a wedding with an unknown person, but he would have to make due with what he could.

Namjoon had gathered his closest family and friends, and he invited them all out to dinner. Some of them were aware that he applied for the program--for them, this wouldn’t come as big of a shock as it might for the others.

“The reason I’ve gathered you all here is because I wanted to share with everyone that I would be making a huge step in my life next week,” Namjoon said, standing at the table where his guests were all seated. The food had just been brought out, and he wanted to get his piece out before they began eating. Once everyone was shoving their food into their mouth , it would be too late to share any big news, as they would all be lost in their conversations amongst themselves. “Some of you already have an idea, but for those of you who don’t, I applied to be on a show where I have a chance of being matched with a stranger to marry. The reason I’ve called you all out here is because I wanted to inform you all that I have been successfully matched with someone, and I’m getting married next week.”

The response that Namjoon got from his friends and family was overwhelmingly positive. His mother and father were both excited to meet the lucky man who would be getting married to their successful son. His best friend, Jiho, was already talking about how he wanted to be the best man at the wedding, and he briefly made a joke wondering if there would be two best men at a gay wedding.

 

-Jungkook-

Jihoon, Jungkook’s best friend, had been working with him all week to prepare for this wedding. He helped Jungkook pick out the tux that he would be wearing, and he even helped Jungkook with writing his wedding vows. Jungkook was pretty bad at expressing himself in the first place, and he had no idea what kind of vows would be appropriate for a stranger that he’d be marrying. He hadn’t even learned the other groom’s name, so he couldn’t even address him by name in the letter.

The day for the wedding came a lot faster than Jungkook had expected it to, and he was freaking out as he was waiting to go out there and meet his future husband. He was scared that they might have paired him with an unattractive man--Jungkook didn’t really care about that, but he felt that his parents would be less accepting if he was paired with someone ugly. He’s worried that his future husband might be an , or maybe he would want to have after the ceremony to consummate the marriage and make it really official. Since Jungkook had never even had an official boyfriend before, thoughts like that really put him on edge.

“Breathe,” Jihoon said, patting Jungkook on the back as he joined Jungkook in the dressing room. Jungkook took in a deep breath and let it out, feeling himself relax with the exhale. “Everything will be okay. I actually got a glimpse of him, and--”

“You did?” Jungkook questioned, turning around to look at his much smaller friend. “Was he at least decent looking?”

Jungkook didn’t know if he really wanted to know Jihoon’s thoughts on his future husband, but he didn’t really like being left in the dark either.

“Oh, he was better than decent looking,” Jihoon assured him, “I think you really got lucky, but...of course, he did, too. Considering you are also hot as .”

“Shut up,” Jungkook giggled, lightly pushing Jihoon.

 

-Namjoon-

“So how do they decide who gets to walk down the aisle?” Jiho asked as he stood up at the altar with Namjoon. Right about now it was just a matter of waiting for his future husband to walk down the aisle to join him. “Is it based on the information you provided? Like, did they ask if you were a top? And so the ‘bottom’ is the one who walks down the aisle? Or do you think he is younger than you, and that’s why they arranged it this way?”

“I don’t know why they did it this way,” Namjoon said, and he didn’t honestly care either. Though the idea of having a husband younger than him did seem appealing. Namjoon wanted to be the provider. He wanted to have a husband that he could take care of, and a younger husband would be perfect for that.

 

-Jungkook-

Jungkook’s heart thumped in his chest as he met with his father in the entrance hall. Jungkook actually wanted both of his parents to walk him down the aisle, but his mother refused to participate that much in the wedding. She said that it was already enough that he was expecting her to attend this wedding, let alone act like she was happy about it. Jungkook’s father, he knew, wasn’t exactly happy either, but at least he was pretending to be.

He held out his arm for Jungkook to take hold of, and he pushed the doors open. Standing up at the altar, Jungkook could see the man that he would be marrying, and...holy . His knees were threatening to give out. Jihoon wasn’t lying when he said that the other groom was ing good looking, and he was also tall. Jungkook could spot the dimples on his cheeks from the end of the room when he turned to Jungkook and smiled. . He wasn’t sure he could handle marrying someone that ing cute.

When they reached the end of the aisle, Jungkook attempted to walk up to stand with his intended, but his father kept him in place with a tight grip on Jungkook’s arm. Jungkook looked at his father in confusion, and the older man was looking at Jungkook’s groom with a serious expression his face. “If you want to marry my son, you’ll come down here and get him,” Jungkook’s dad said.

The other groom offered a polite smile to the old man, and he stepped down from the altar . He carefully held out a hand for Jungkook to take, and that’s when Jungkook’s father finally released him. Before walking Jungkook up to the altar, the groom pressed a soft kiss to Jungkook’s knuckles. “I’m Kim Namjoon,” Namjoon introduced himself with a smile.

“J-Jeon Jungkook,” Jungkook returned the favor just before they were standing in front of the officiator who would be marrying them.

“Greeting friends and family,” The officiator began, and Namjoon held constant eye contact with Jungkook as the officiator  spoke. “We have gathered here today to bear witness to the union of Kim Namjoon and Jeon Jungkook. Before we begin the ceremony, I would like Namjoon and Jungkook to read the vows that they have written for each other.”

Jungkook couldn’t really respond. He wanted to pull his vows out and start reading them, but he was frozen. It was good, then, that Namjoon took the initiative. “I can go first,” He said, and he pulled out his own vows to read. “Insert name here. Jungkook, I’m sure you’re already aware that this is a big decision that we are both making. Although it’s not a decision that we knowingly made together, it’s a decision that brought us together. For eight weeks, we are going to be stuck in this life altering situation together, and I hope that we both are going into with the same heart. I trust that the experts have found the right person for me, and I believe that we can make this work as long as we work together. I promise to be your partner through this whole experience. I promise to listen to your concerns, and I promise to work through any indifferences we will inevitably have. I hope that you will accept my heart, and I hope that I can at least make a lasting impression on you during these eight weeks.”

His letter was sweet, and Jungkook was now embarrassed to read his own. He took it out of his pocket and unfolded it. “Dear stranger--Dear N-Namjoon,” Jungkook stuttered. Somehow saying his name was very intimidating, “Eight weeks doesn’t seem like a long time, but I hope that we have plenty of chances to get to know each other and grow close during that time. I promise to be the best husband I possibly can, but I’m really new at this, so I hope you will be patient with me.”

The officiator then walked them through official vows. He talked about Namjoon and Jungkook helping each other to develop their hearts and minds, helping each other grow and all of that great stuff. The vows were a lot longer than Jungkook had expected, but he and Namjoon say “we do” in unison every time they are cued to.

“You two may now kiss,” The officiator said.

This was the moment that Jungkook was mostly nervous about. He hated to admit that he never had a first kiss before,  but this was about to be it. He leaned forward, getting ready to kiss Namjoon on the lips because he thinks that’s what he has to do. Namjoon, instead, seems to take Jungkook’s nervousness into consideration, and he kisses Jungkook’s cheek instead.

 

The Yoonseok Couple

-Yoongi’s POV-

Anyone who knows Yoongi would be surprised to know that he signed up for a show such as this. He hasn’t been known to have a serious relationship with anyone, ever. The last known relationship he had was in his first year of university, and that only lasted about six months before he ended it because it was too stressful to balance a relationship, a part time job, and his studies. The relationship happened to be the thing he was the most willing to let go of.

Yoongi  didn’t pull himself out of the dating game because he doesn’t like commitment. It was nothing like that. It was more like he wanted to focus on his career as a producer, and that he didn’t want a relationship to hinder his progress, as he felt that it would. If that’s the case, why did he sign up for this program? Well, if you asked him, he would probably come up with some bull answer like how he just wants to find the right person to settle down with and live a happily ever after life with. The real reason? He actually loved the idea of having someone to come home to. He loved the idea of having someone who would support and encourage him to work hard  for his dream. He loved the idea of romance and everything...he just hated all the first steps. He hated going on blind dates set up by friends or meeting people from online dating. He thought it was a waste of time because it only distracted him from all of the important things in life. So, he signed up for this program, hoping that the experts would be able to pair him with someone who had a similar mindset.

Yoongi hadn’t expected them to find him a match. It’s not that he didn’t think that he deserved anyone. It was more that he didn’t think that they would be able to find a person for someone as high maintenance as him. He wanted a life partner, but not someone who would be too demanding. He needed someone to understand that his work held the highest priority in his life, and that he was more interested in establishing a solid marriage before planning a family right away.

When Seokjin showed up at his house, he was positive that a masochist had also applied for the program. That was the only way it made sense to him that they were able to find someone for him. He wasn’t given any information as to who his future husband would be, but he was at least informed that he would be getting married. The only thing he could do now is complete what little preparations he could, and tell his friends and family that he would be getting married in a week. That part would be fun, considering he hadn’t told anyone that he even applied for this program--he didn’t want anyone to get their hopes up in case he didn’t get matched with someone.

“You’re really not upset?” Yoongi bit his lip, looking his father directly in the eye. He came out to his parents a few years ago, and neither of them were very accepting of it at first. It wasn’t until Yoongi graduated from high school that they decided that it didn’t matter that he was gay, as long as he was happy. When he was younger, Yoongi wished that they would have been more accepting sooner, but he was just glad that they were when it mattered the most. He wasn’t going to marry any of his high school boyfriends.

“Well, arranged marriages are more traditional than marrying because of love,” His father said, “I would have liked to have been part of selecting the right man for you, but as long as this turns out well, I don’t have any reason to be particularly upset.”

It was nice to hear his father say that. It was a very different mindset than what the man had when Yoongi had first came out to him in his teenage years.

“I’m just worried that my husband might not like me,” Yoongi admitted. “He might not like that I take my work so seriously.”

“Don’t worry about that,” Yoongi’s older brother said to him, “I mean, you do take your work seriously, but you also take care of people who are important to you. Whoever your husband is, he’s a very lucky man.”

 

-Hoseok’s POV-

Hoseok might not exactly be the type that people would expect to see on a program such as this one. He had just gotten out of a serious relationship of nearly three years, and he was even engaged to be married. That engagement had been called off simply because Hoseok and his fiance had decided that they just weren’t right for each other. They cared about each other as people, and there were even some strong feelings between them. They were just too different in too many ways, and they knew that it wouldn’t be good for them to get married.

After the end of the engagement, Hoseok didn’t want to go through that again, so he decided that he would try his luck with this program. Hopeful that the experts on the show would be able to match him up with someone who would be a better match for him than his ex was.

When Seokjin showed up at his family’s apartment, Hoseok knew that he had been selected for the show. He would be getting married, but Seokjin refused to tell him who it was that he would be marrying. The only thing Hoseok could do for now was talk to his family and let them know that he would be getting married within the next two weeks.

“Who is the lucky man?” His mother asked when he told his parents over the dinner table.

“I don’t know,” Hoseok admitted, “They won’t tell me his name or anything like that. I just get to know that I’m being married, and I won’t know anything about him until our wedding day.”

“Isn’t it scary, though?” Jiwoo, his sister, asked. “I mean, what if they paired you with someone who wants to kill you?”

Hoseok laughed, nervous because he had thought of that possibility, but also not really worried about it. “There is a long process when applying for the show,” Hoseok assured her, “And part of that process is a psychological examination to test the state of mind of the applicants.”

“Well that’s...reassuring,” Hoseok’s father was the one to state that. “The least we can do is be hopeful. If the experts found someone for you, I have no doubt in mind that they paired you with an amazing man.”

 

-Yoongi-

When Yoongi had pictured the person that he’d be paired with, he imagined someone fairly tall and muscular. He imagined someone with a strong build and a masculine face. Probably a bit of facial hair, and maybe even a few piercings – similar to the ones Yoongi had in his ears. The man that he got paired with was nothing like that. He was taller than Yoongi, but not particularly tall. He was a little built like Yoongi had imagined, but more on the thinner side. He had no piercings, and no facial hair. Just a bright, heart-shaped smile on a soft-looking face.

“Jung Hoseok,” The officiator said, and that was the moment that Yoongi learned the name of the man standing before him. Somehow, just knowing his name brought a smile to Yoongi’s face. “This is the one you should wed, Min Yoongi. Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok.”

“Hi,” Hoseok whispered, still smiling as bright as ever. If nothing else, he at least seemed pleased enough at Yoongi’s appearance. Yoongi didn’t think he’d be smiling like that if he found Yoongi to be particularly ugly.

“Hey,” Yoongi whispered back. Somehow there was a comfortable feeling between them, even though this was the first time they were meeting.

Before the ceremony began, they were given the chance to read the vows that they had written to each other. Hoseok went first.

“To – Yoongi,” He said, “I’m sure it has been a long journey for both of us to get here, but I hope that we’ll have an even longer journey together. I promise to put my whole heart into this, and I promise to take this marriage as seriously as I would one that I planned on my own. Today, you are a stranger, but I hope that you’ll eventually be my best friend.”

Yoongi already hated him. His words weren’t much, but they were much sweeter than what Yoongi had written down. He cleared his throat, and he looked down at his own vows that he had written. “Hey,” He started, “I’m not the best at expressing myself towards people I know very well, let alone a stranger. I don’t really know what to say, but I hope that you won’t take my lack of sweet words to heart. Once we get past this part, I promise you that I’ll be fully committed to this marriage.”

Hoseok’s laugh was a beautiful sound. “I like it,” He said, reassuring Yoongi, “You tried.”

From there, the officiator walked them through the official vows, and they said their ‘we do’ in unison each time. At the end, they were allowed to kiss if they wanted to. Yoongi didn’t mind, and he let Hoseok know that by taking a step toward him and tilting his head back. Hoseok brought their lips together in a simple kiss, and they were smiling at each other when they pulled back. Yoongi didn’t know how these eight weeks were going to go, but he was looking forward to getting to know Hoseok a lot better.

 

The Jitae Couple

-Taehyung-

Taehyung and his best friend Jimin had applied for the Married at First Sight program together. Both of them had their fair share of bad experiences in past relationships, and Taehyung hadn’t even had a relationship in the past year. Just before applying for the show, Jimin got out of his four month relationship because his boyfriend couldn’t stand being around Taehyung. He always got pissed off at Jimin for hanging out with Taehyung, and Jimin wouldn’t stay with someone who didn’t let him be friends with his best friend.

It was Taehyung’s idea to apply for this show, but it took a bit of convincing before he could get Jimin to agree with it. They promised each other that they wouldn’t get upset if only one of them got selected to be married on the show. Apparently, that one happened to be Jimin, as he came to Taehyung’s house yesterday to tell him the news. Taehyung couldn’t lie. He was upset that Jimin had been paired up and he hadn’t. Jimin had better luck finding boyfriend’s than Taehyung did, so it didn’t seem fair that he was the one to get paired.

Today, however, Seokjin showed up at Taehyung’s house to deliver the same news. He told Taehyung that they found the perfect match for him. Normally, he said, they don’t give away any information about the other, but he decided to tell Taehyung.

“Now, you can’t tell Jimin this because we didn’t give him any information,” Seokjin said, sitting in the living room with Taehyung. There was supposedly supposed to be a plot twist on this season of the show, and Taehyung had a feeling that he had already figured out what it was supposed to be. Still, he nodded in agreement, and he promised not to share the information with Jimin. “While we were going through the thousands of profiles submitted, we decided that we wanted you to be on the show, and you and Jimin were the most fitting match.”

“So...I’m marrying Jimin?” Taehyung asked. It wasn’t like he had never considered the possibility of dating his best friend before. In fact, he even knew that Jimin had a big crush on him at one point of their friendship. He  didn’t think Jimin was aware of his crush, but it was obvious to Taehyung. Also, the idea of marrying Jimin didn’t exactly sound off putting to Taehyung. He could see how he and his best friend would be the perfect match.

“That’s up to you,” Seokjin said, “We were able to find another match for Jimin. That’s why we told him first. Regardless if you decide to go through with it or not, we’ve still got a match for him – just not as fitting of a match as you are.”

Of course they were able to find a match for Jimin. Jimin was lovable and huggable, and everyone loved him. Unlike Taehyung. It wasn’t that people didn’t like Taehyung. When it came to friends, Taehyung was more popular than Jimin. His outgoing personality allowed him to make friends easily. They just never fell in love with Taehyung the way they fell in love with Jimin.

“I-I’ll do it,” Taehyung decided. Somehow he felt bad for deciding that without Jimin’s knowledge, but what could he do? Seokjin said that he was the best match for Jimin – if anything, he was doing this for Jimin.

After being told the twist, Taehyung went about everything like normal. He didn’t tell Jimin that they were supposed to be marrying each other, and he didn’t even tell Jimin that he got paired to be on the show at all. When Jimin asked him to be his best man to the wedding, Taehyung just took that as an opportunity to keep it a secret from Jimin.

-Jimin’s POV-

The only thing that got Jimin through this was having Taehyung here for him. His best friend was able to get him through anything, and that wasn’t going to be any different this time. Marrying a stranger would be scary and challenging, sure, but Jimin was positive that he could get through it as long as he had Taehyung by his side.

Speaking of which, he was wondering why Taehyung wasn’t here right now. Normally Jimin was the one who would be running late for things like this, but it was just moments before his ceremony, and he hadn’t seen Taehyung anywhere.

“Jimin?” It was his father’s voice at the door of the dressing room. “Are you ready?”

Before Jimin could answer, the door came open, and his father walked in.

“Hey,” He said, “The ceremony is about to begin, and they can’t do that without one of the grooms.”

“I can’t go out there,” Jimin said, going into a minor panic attack. He couldn’t believe that Taehyung would do this to him. He was supposed to be here. “Taehyung’s not here.”

“Taehyung’s out there, waiting for you,” His father said, and Jimin blinked in confusion. Why wouldn’t Taehyung have come into the dressing room to help Jimin prepare?

Without questioning too much, Jimin took his father’s arm, and he allowed him to lead Jimin to the event hall. When they made it to the ceremony room, Jimin became even more puzzled. Not by the fact that his mother was waiting for them to walk him down the aisle as well – he expected that part. There were many faces in the room, but most of them were very familiar to Jimin. It was a mix of his and Taehyung’s family member’s faces. When he looked up at the altar, Taehyung was standing there waiting for him, but not where the best man should be waiting. He was waiting on the side where Jimin’s groom should be waiting for him.

Coming to a realization, Jimin’s heart started to sink in his chest. The man he was supposed to marry must have skipped out on the wedding, changing his mind at the last minute, and Taehyung, being the hero like always, decided to take his place.

Even having pieced that together, Jimin was still slightly confused as his parents walked him up to Taehyung. His heart fluttered in his chest as he stood before his best friend, and Taehyung just smiled at him like nothing was strange about this.

“What are you doing here?” Jimin asked in a low whisper. It wasn’t only Taehyung. Even Taehyung’s family was here, so there was definitely something strange about this.

“I’m your best man,” Taehyung said, that wide grin not moving from his face. “Best friend, groom. Really, at this point, it looks like I’m your everything.”

Jimin was speechless. He was too confused and overwhelmed to have any idea of what he should say. He just let the officiator go about his words, and he just listened.

“Friends and family,” The woman said, “We are gathered here today to bear witness to the marriage of Kim Taehyung and Park Jimin.”

So it was real. Jimin was going to be marrying Taehyung. His long time best friend, and Taehyung had obviously known that this would be the case, yet he kept it a secret from Jimin. Then they were given the chance to read their vows.

“Jiminie,” Taehyung started, using that stupid nickname that Jimin hated him using in front of other people, “Please don’t hate me for not telling you that this would happen. I was asked to keep it a secret from you, but I don’t think the experts made a mistake in pairing us together. I’m glad to have this opportunity to be married to you, and I hope that we can both put our whole hearts into this. Although my feelings toward you may not be romantic – at least not right now – I do love you, Jimin, and I hope that we can resume our friendship like normal if this doesn’t work out. Things shouldn’t be weird.”

Jimin laughed at Taehyung’s letter to him, and he pulled out his own vows to read. “Dear future husband,” He began, reading exactly the words that he wrote. “The first thing that you need to know is that, if you marry me...you also marry...my best friend. We’re sort of a package – you know what?” Jimin said, folding up the paper and put it back into his pocket. “We’re a package deal, and I guess that means we’re stuck in this together. I can assure you, no matter the outcome of these eight weeks, you will always be my best friend – husband or not. I love you.”

The officiator walked them through the rest of their vows, and they said ‘we do’ at each cue in unison. At the end, they were given permission to kiss each other.

Jimin’s heart skipped a beat as Taehyung smiled down at him. He hadn’t prepared himself for this part. Getting married to Taehyung wasn’t that weird, but he and his best friend had never kissed before – yet, here they were. Taehyung gently grabbed Jimin’s chin and tilted his head back and connected their lips in a sweet kiss. None of this may have made sense to Jimin, but everything made perfect sense when their lips were connected in a sweet kiss.