chapter 7

A new beginning or a mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 days later and the video was still not released. Youngbae was sitting in the BuzzFeed's cafeteria, debating whether or not to continue watching the video or even continue publishing it. He felt so bad after hearing Seungri’s confession and honestly didn't know if he has the rights to publish something like this. Since according to his past experiment, if the first part was already this sad, the rest will probably be even sadder. He was deep in thought until he was interrupted by a loud nasty sound

 

“DONG YOUNGBAE! WHY IS THE VIDEO NOT UPLOADED YET?!?!?” YG marched toward Youngbae with a stern and annoyed expression on his face

 

“Well, about that, I don’t know if we should upload it,” Youngbae nervously got up to face his boss “like you said before, maybe Jiyong might be hurt or umm the viewers will find it boring so ummm we shouldn’t upload it for their sakes!”

 

“Excuse me, did Jiyong called you and said that he was uncomfortable?” YG took in a deep breath, trying to calm down and ignore Youngbae stupidity before speaking again “and before you start talking about the viewer's opinion, check Twitter first”

 

Youngbae opened his mouth to speak but was quickly shut off by YG’s hard glare

 

“Youngbae, you have until tonight to upload that video on our channel, if not, I’m going take away your salary for this month due to the reason of letting personal problems prevent you from performing your task” YG threatens as he moved closer toward Youngbae “don’t dare me because you know I always do what I say”

 

Youngbae was sweating cold sweats, chills were running down his back and gosh, he was so glad that YG didn’t kill him or something. That man is definitely scary, remind him to never mess with YG again. Letting out a heavy sigh, he picks up his leftover pizza and threw it in the garbage, his appetite was long gone.

 

He started walking down the hall and back to his office. He immediately turns on his computer and logged into Twitter, wanting to know what was the commotion that got YG so interested in.

 

The homepage soon disappeared and was replaced by a screen showing the worldwide trends section. From 1-3 was all hashtags about their video, with #Buzzfeed trending at 1st, #LeeSeungri as 2nd, and #handcuffed with exes at 3rd. Upon further research, Youngbae also discovers that these 3 hashtags have been trending for a while already and finally reached the top 3 spot today. He clicked on the first hashtag, wanting to see what the fans were tweeting about.

 

The first comment was from a person with the username you

“Where is the video? It’s been 3 days since it was supposed to be published already! What are you doing? #buzzfeed #LeeSeungri #annoyed”

 

He scrolled down and saw that there was indeed a lot of tweets about how fans were upset that Buzzfeed was not keeping their promise of uploading the video 3 days ago. There is also some tweets about who the mysterious ex might’ve been and also tweets showing excitement about seeing Seungri in another video again.

 

Youngbae was seriously amazed at what’s happening. He didn’t know that people would favor this idea this much, he didn't know that it would become a hit like this. No wonder why YG was upset that he haven't uploaded the video yet. A video with this much attention would mean so much money! Gosh, forget about his conscience, he needs the money now, plus it's not like he had a choice since YG did threaten to cut his salary.

 

Well, let's get started again! Youngbae exited out of Twitter and click on the envelope icon, opening up his mailbox. He clicked on Jiyong’s email and opened up the file again. He then skips forward to the part where he stopped 3 days ago and clicked play.

 

The video immediately started with the dark background, showing the city’s life, full of cars and people walking around in all direction. The video stayed like that for about 5 minutes, making Youngbae frowned in confusion.

 

Where are Jiyong and Seungri, why are they recording this boring scene? And how can they stand on top of the car’s roof…., oh my gosh, these two idiots! They probably forgot about the camera and accidentally put it on the car’s roof when they were entering the car.

 

“OH MY GOSH SEUNGRI! I FORGOT THE CAMERA ON THE CAR’S ROOF!” Youngbae guess was soon confirmed as the quiet video was interrupted by Jiyong’s distinct scream

 

“WHAT? Ji, check the roof! Hurry up! Youngbae is gonna kill us if we break his camera!” Seungri panicked voice was heard next as he abruptly hit the brakes, stopping the car, allowing Jiyong to check if the camera is still there.

 

Suddenly, instead of the busy cars and people, a blob of orange hair suddenly appeared on the screen. Jiyong’s head pops up with a panicked expression, looking around urgently in hope of finding the camera. His expression soon turns to relieve as he spotted the camera. He reached over for the camera, holding it securely in his hands as he lowered back into the car.

 

Jiyong then turned the camera so that his face is facing the lens, he put on his best puppy's expression and started his speech, hoping that it would save his from getting kicked by Youngbae

 

“Youngbae-ah, I'm really really sorry for leaving your camera on the roof and exposing to the “danger” zone. I really didn't mean to do that! I thought that the camera would be safe since I gave it to Seungri! If you have any question, please ask Seungri, he was in charge of the camera at that time!” Jiyong attempted to speak in this cute manner, which was actually really pleasing to see in Youngbae’s point of view. His best friend is seriously so cute and adorable when he tried!

 

“Unbelievable! Seriously Ji?” Seungri exclaimed as he reaches over, taking the camera out of Jiyong’s hand. Seungri pointed to camera toward him and held it close to his face, showing his shocked, disbelief expression. He opened his mouth, ready to say something but was stopped by Jiyong’s hand covering his mouth and taking the camera away from him with the excuse that Seungri must pay attention to driving and can't use the camera at this time.

 

Jiyong’s arm was getting tired from having to keep the camera up high the whole time. He could just lower his hand but then if he did that then the camera wouldn't be able to capture Seungri. He looked around, trying to find something to set the camera on so that he can rest for a while. Luckily for him, there was a small tripod stand in Seungri’s junk drawer. Jiyong quickly set the camera on top of the tripod stand, ignoring the weird looks from Seungri

 

Seungri couldn't believe what just happened! First of all, Jiyong actually lied and put the blame on him so that he won't get in trouble for forgetting Youngbae’s camera on the roof. Second, Jiyong was actually joking around, behaving like they've been friends since forever and never even have a fight or that crying scene at the beach. As much as Seungri want to be positive and think that Jiyong actually wants to spend a good time with him and already put all those past beside them, there's this inner feeling that Jiyong might just be acting for the video’s sake.

 

“Gosh, Ri, stop spacing out! And don't you even think that I'm “acting” for the video’s sake because I will actually be mad at you for even thinking about that after our conversation at the beach” Jiyong suddenly said, surprising Seungri “I already told you to that even though we will never be the same as before again, I still want to try and have a good time today. So please, stop thinking too much and help me, will you”  

 

Seungri could only nod at Jiyong’s words. Even after all these years, Jiyong still remains as the one who understands and knows Seungri best. Just like before, Jiyong could easily read Seungri’s mind without even lookin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter