01/01

Shine Your Light [One-shot]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Fun fact: I wrote this almost 4-5 months ago xD Enjoy!

 

****

 

Being schoolmates with celebrities was nothing new to Seo Harin. The university she was attending saw its fair share of celebrities come and go. Being an Arts student, it was no surprise she had had a few modules with said celebrities.

 

It was the first day of a new semester. Being a third year student, she already knew where to go and what to do, so she located her first lecture hall for the day in no time. The first thing Harin noticed when she entered was a group of girls whispering amongst themselves while looking in the same direction. She followed their line of vision and found a guy seated at the last row, his black cap covering his eyes, seemingly isolated from the rest of the hall.

 

Probably another celebrity.

 

Harin chose a seat in the third row and settled down. The lecture hall was slowly filled with students as time went by, before the professor entered and class began.

 

“That’s all I have for today,” the professor switched off the projector, “you will be grouped into pairs for an assignment that is due at the end of the term.”

 

The announcement cued a series of grumbling and whining. The professor went on to announce the pairings. Harin was already spacing out until she heard her name.

 

“Seo Harin.”

 

She raised her hand and waited for her partner’s name to be called.

 

“Lee Hongbin.”

 

Harin looked around and her eyes landed on that guy with a cap in the last row, who had his hand raised as well. She nodded to him, to which he returned the gesture. Class was dismissed after the professor announced all the pairings. Harin waited for the crowd to disperse before approaching her partner. As she neared him, she finally saw his face and recognized him as one-sixth of the rather popular idol group, VIXX.

 

“Hi,” she held out her hand, “I’m Harin.”

 

He took her hand in a firm grip, “I’m Hongbin.”

 

“I know,” she smiled, “I enjoy listening to your group’s songs.”

 

“Oh, um…” Hongbin seemed slightly taken aback by the fact that she recognized him, “thanks, I guess…”

 

“So when’s a good time for you to get started on the assignment?”

 

Hongbin grabbed his phone and opened the calendar app, frowning as he skimmed through the dates.

 

“I can’t give you an answer right now,” he said, “do you mind giving me your number so I can contact you once I manage to shift my schedule?”

 

Typical celebrity response.

 

“Sure,” Harin took his phone and keyed in her number before returning the device to him.

 

“Great, I’ll see you around then.”

 

Harin left the lecture hall and headed for the cafeteria. She still had about 20 minutes to her next class and she was starving. She grabbed a roll of kimbap and a bottle of apple juice, then settled at one of the many empty tables.

 

Great. Partnered with a busy idol of all people. Guess it’s all on me again.

 

She never had quite the luck with assignment partners to say the least. She was almost always put in a group with famous personalities and let’s just say those partnerships never turned out well. Harin was always left to do about all the work herself, with her partners only turning up for the final presentation and then claiming credit.

 

Finishing the last of her food, Harin sighed and headed to her next class.

 

----

 

It was 3 days later when Harin received a text from Hongbin.

 

 Hi! It’s Hongbin!
Sorry I disappeared for a few days...was trying to adjust my schedules in order to work on our assignment.
Anyways, I have time this afternoon if you’re available? 

 

Harin was really surprised to see that text from the idol. She honestly thought he wouldn’t participate in the assignment.

 

Oh, hello. Yeah I’m free after 2PM.
I’ll be in the school library anyways so it’ll be easy to find me.

Got it. See you later!

 

--

 

Harin chose a table in one of the far corners of the library, plugged in her earphones and immersed herself in research. She had no idea how much time had passed when a knock on the table startled her. Harin looked up and saw her assignment partner smiling at her.

 

“Took me a while to find you,” Hongbin said.

 

Harin shrugged, “figured you wouldn’t want people to be staring at you all the time.”

 

Hongbin appeared surprised by her response before nodding slowly.

 

“Did you just come from a schedule?” she asked nonchalantly.

 

“How did you know?”

 

Harin scanned his appearance, “your hair is styled and you have makeup on.”

 

“You have good observation skills.”

 

“Um, thanks?”

 

Hongbin chuckled, “let’s get started on our assignment.”

 

----

 

Contrary to her previous unpleasant experiences with well-known people, Hongbin proved to be a hardworking student despite his busy schedule. Harin saw him about 2 to 3 times a week, and they had made tremendous progress on their assignment within a month.

 

Can we meet at the café?
I’m starving T_T

Kekeke alright.
I’ll go find us a table.

You’re the best!

 

Harin spotted the idol running towards the café about an hour later. He came through the doors, out of breath, and made his way to her.

 

“Sorry, did you wait long?”

 

“Dude, catch your breath first,” she laughed, “I got you green tea latte.”

 

Hongbin nodded his thanks and gulped down about half his drink in a go.

 

“How long have you been here?” he asked.

 

“About an hour,” Harin saw the guilt in his eyes, “but I got a good book to accompany me, so don’t worry about it.”

 

“Sorry…the recording session went overtime.”

 

“Ooh, new album coming soon?”

 

“No, album’s still in the early stages of preparation. It’s for an OST,” Hongbin then grinned, “hey, you heard it first from me. It’s still undisclosed information as of now.”

 

Harin raised a brow, “I’m honored. Anyways, didn’t you say you were starving? Go get your food.”

 

About 2 hours into their session, Hongbin’s

Please log in to read the full chapter