love is

l(ink)ed
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Eunha woke up to the face of the person she loved. Smiling, Eunha kissed Sowon’s cheek. She loved waking up next to Sowon, it’s always lovely. On top of that, it’s weekend and Eunha loved weekend. Not that she didn’t love any other days, it’s just, weekend would mean they could spend the days together for a longer time, without work being in the way.

 

Usually, it’s Sowon who woke up first but seeing as she’s still deep asleep, Eunha decided to surprise her with a breakfast on bed. She's going to make pancakes. Pancakes with syrup poured onto it. Eunha has always like the taste of syrups and jams, but she’s getting to love it even more, especially when she tasted the lingering sweetness on Sowon’s lips as they kissed.

 

--

 

Her plan for breakfast in bed foiled when said girlfriend was waking up way earlier than she has anticipated.

 

“Good morning,” Sowon murmured while scooping Eunha up from behind.

 

“Unnie!” Eunha giggled.

 

“Hm, pancake?” Sowon nuzzled Eunha’s neck.

 

Eunha nodded. She leaned into Sowon’s hug. She loved it, the days she has spent with Sowon. It’s been three years of them living together, four year of dating, and five year of knowing each other. Their wrists were still empty from the damned marks. And it would leave Eunha wondered why wouldn’t they appear.

 

“What are you thinking about?” Sowon asked. Head on Eunha’s shoulder.

 

Eunha shook her head. “Nothing, just that I love you.”

 

Sowon kissed her neck softly. “I love you.”

 

It’s simple yet it never failed to bring a smile on Eunha’s face. Her smile melted into a frown when her eyes caught the mark made by the marker on her wrist. She has considered getting a tattoo instead of the marker because ink from a marker could get erased as time passed, but a tattoo is permanent. Eunha thought that this thing with Sowon is permanent and if the mark wouldn’t appear by itself, she would make it appear, even if it’s by force.

 

The music from the radio broke her thought.

 

This thing called love, I just can't handle it

This thing called love, I must get round to it

I ain't ready

Crazy little thing called love

 

Eunha turned off the stove. She caught Sowon’s grin. “Hm?”

 

“Beautiful lady, may I have this dance?” Sowon offered her hands at Eunha.

 

“Dance? In the middle of the day?” Eunha asked incredulously, “In the middle of a kitchen?”

 

This thing (this thing)

Called love (called love)

It cries (like a baby)

In a cradle all night

 

Sowon laughed and her hands were still outstretched in front of her. Eunha looked at how Sowon was beaming at her with such joy and love and how could she refused. With an exasperated sigh, Eunha put her hand on top of Sowon’s.

 

It swings

It jives

It shakes all over like a jellyfish

I kinda like it

Crazy little thing called love

 

Sowon swung her around with booming laughter. It’s infectious and soon Eunha’s own laughter filled the room. After Sowon’s done spinning her around and set her on the ground, she cupped Eunha’s cheeks. Eunha’s heart skipped a bit, Sowon has that effect on her no matter how long they have been together, her heart would always jump, leap and doing somersault. At the way Sowon looked at her, at the kindness and love shown there.

 

“I love you, Eunha,” Sowon whispered.

 

Eunha wrapped her hands around Sowon’s neck and kissed Sowon tenderly in the lips. She rested her head on Sowon’s chest and murmured, “I love you, Sowon-unnie. I do. I really do.”

 

There goes my baby

She knows how to rock 'n' roll

She drives me crazy

She gives me hot and cold fever

Then she leaves me in a cool cool sweat

 

They swayed along with the melodies from the radio. As Sowon held her close, Eunha felt warmth seeped into her bone, and she knew that her heart has found a home, a forever home in Sowon.

 

--

 

“A penny for your thought, Eunha?” Sowon asked, “You keep on looking at me.”

 

Eunha bit her lips. “Well, I just thought that I want to kiss you.”

 

Sowon laughed. As her answer, she kissed Eunha gently at first before it turned passionately. She leaned back to look at Eunha. “You are tugging my clothes? Hm?”

 

I gotta be cool, relax, get hip

And get on my track's

Take a back seat, hitch-hike

And take a long ride on my motorbike

Until I'm ready

Crazy little thing called love

 

“Something is wrong here, unnie.”

 

“Wrong?”

 

Eunha nodded. “Something is wrong.”

 

“What is?”

 

“You are wearing this.” Eunha tugged at Sowon’s clothes.

 

“Oh?”

 

“You should probably—“ Eunha bit her lips again, “Get out of this clothes.”

 

Sowon smirked and did as Eunha has requested, she stripped out of her clothes. “Is it better now?”

 

Eunha nodded and her lips. “You are beautiful, unnie.”

 

Sowon scooped Eunha up while Eunha planted kisses along Sowon’s jaw. “We should move to the bed and you need to be out of your clothes too, Eunha.”

 

“Mmh,” Eunha responded, busy with trailing kisses onto Sowon’s jaw and neck.

 

Eunha really loved weekend.

 

This thing called love, I just can't handle it

This thing called love, I must get round to it

I ain't ready

 

Crazy little thing called love

Crazy little thing called love, yeah, yeah

 

--

 

Another things that Eunha loved about weekend would be this moment, the moment Sowon fell asleep on her lap. Sure, Eunha’s legs had become numb. And there's a pain as well at her back. But, would Eunha trade it with something else? Definitely no.

 

They have been watching movies with Sowon laying her head on Eunha’s lap. Halfway through their third movies, she detected no more movement from Sowon. She turned her head down to catch the glimpse of Sowon being sound asleep on her lap. A smile formed on her lips. Eunha dislike waking up Sowon, especially since the older girl has been pulling a lot of overtime on her workplace. So, the little pain on her legs were nothing.

 

Sowon stirred in her sleep and Eunha has to bit her lip from preventing any voice coming out of

Please log in to read the full chapter