Of horse lamps and Yunniecorns

Of horse lamps and Yunniecorns

Humming a tune to himself, JaeJoong unwrapped a huge package he had just received. The address written onto the carton was one of his fanclubs. With a smile, he wondered what they had sent him. Whatever it was, he would treasure it. After all, until now every object sent by his fans had found some place in his apartment.

Once the brown coloured carton had been unwrapped, JaeJoong blinked in wonder at the sight that greeted him. “A horse,” he mumbled whilst his eyes were wandering over the black object. He was surprised when he saw the lampshade right above the horse's head. “A horse lamp,” he corrected himself, chuckling whilst reaching for the fan message that was dangling around the horse's neck. Apparently, it was a gift to him because his fans didn't want him to miss his horse from the Dr. Jin set.

“So, where do we put you?” JaeJoong muttered, eyeing his black horse lamp whilst ruffling through his black hair. He let his gaze wander along his hallway which was too narrow to contain the size of this lamp. He pursed his lips when his eyes fell into his living room. He shuffled over, inspecting his living quarters closely. “This will do,” he mumbled spotting the empty place in front of his window and next to his comfy sofa. Shuffling back into the hallway, he thought about a way to get the horse lamp into his living room. He settled for just dragging it there with a piece of carton under the hooves of the horse-like object.

45 minutes later JaeJoong sagged against his sofa with a deep breath. The horse lamp stood at its respective place and the black haired eyed it with a pleased nod. He got out his blackberry and wandered behind his sofa. Focusing on the horse lamp he snapped a photo, tweeting about his newest furniture soon afterwards. The first reactions, of course, came from his many fans following him. Many welcomed him back on twitter, others were wondering about the horse or wondering what he had written. He knew that most of them didn't understand Korean, after all, he wasn't that much better with understanding the English tweets mentioning him either.

It didn't take long for JunSu to call him. Obviously, he had seen his tweet as well. He picked up and greeted his fellow bandmate with a chirpy “Yeoboseyo.”

“Hyung, what on earth is that thing?” JunSu asked immediately. JaeJoong just chuckled before he replied, “Well, it obviously is a lamp.”

“... I thought you had better taste,” JunSu mumbled at the end. JaeJoong raised an eyebrow, “Says the one who takes the clothes a mannequin wears?”

“He just never knows which clothes to pick,” chirped a deeper voice through the speaker. “But seriously, this lamp is so not your style.”

“Well, thank you, YooChun, but that doesn't matter. It was a gift from fans,” JaeJoong defended himself. It was true that personally, he rather would have preferred a lamp in the form of an elephant instead, but this came from his fans and he found it quite touching. “Why are you with JunSu anyway? I thought you wanted to visit your mother?” Silence befell the two males on the other line.

“Well, you see, about that,” YooChun mumbled, chuckling nervously. JaeJoong smirked. “You two are out on a date, I see,” he remarked, a wide grin on his lips. Sighing YooChun and JunSu confirmed JaeJoong's assumption who in response asked, “Why didn't you just tell me?”

“Well, we thought that maybe ...” YooChun started, hesitating.

“Maybe?” JaeJoong inquired, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

“We thought you might get all gloomy when we told you since it's been so long since you last saw YunHo-hyung,” JunSu babbled in a speed that made it hard for JaeJoong to catch the words. An awkward silence filled the phone call for a few minutes before a soft “Oh” pearled from JaeJoong's lips. The phone call ended soon after and with a soft pout JaeJoong sat back onto his sofa. He sighed. It indeed had been a long time since he had last seen YunHo. Not that they didn't speak to one another on the phone occasionally but seeing each other was after all a different thing.

He was so lost in his train of gloomy thoughts that he jumped, literally, on his sofa when his mobile phone started to vibrate in his palm with a loud sound ringing through the living room. He blinked several times when seeing the ID flashing on the screen.

“ChangMin-ah, whom must I thank for this honour?” he mused with a gentle smile, sinking back against the pillows of his sofa.

“How about my awesome self?” was the other one's snarky reply. JaeJoong laughed softly at that. “Truth aside, I saw your picture on twitter.” This made JaeJoong blink in wonder.

“ChangMin, you have a twitter account?” the black haired asked a bit dumbfounded.

“Of course not,” ChangMin interjected immediately. “YunHo-hyung has a private one, if you forgot.”

“Oh yeah, silly me,” JaeJoong replied, giggling softly when he remembered YunHo's first message and the private conversations they had shared.

“But back to the topic at hand. Hyung, a horse lamp? Seriously?” ChangMin asked in disbelief. JaeJoong could literally see the younger shaking his head.

“It was a gift from the fans,” the black haired declared, pouting a little.

“Good for you, but what are you gonna do with it? Riding on it when you're drunk?” ChangMin asked, sounding very much amused.

“Yah!” the black haired remarked, shooting up on his sofa. ChangMin snickered on the other line, “And when you want to open your window, will you ride it away?”

“You're horrible, ChangMin,” JaeJoong frowned, fiddling with the hem of his shirt. “Speaking of YunHo's twitter, is he there?” he asked, biting his bottom lip. It was silent for a few seconds.

“No,” ChangMin responded, “He went out some time ago.” JaeJoong sighed.

“Okay. Please tell him to call me when he gets back, yeah?” he requested, turning his head when his door bell rang. “Hold on a second, someone's at the door,” he muttered whilst shuffling through the hallway. JaeJoong blinked in surprise as he opened the door, not registering ChangMin chuckling on the other side. In front of him stood YunHo, all handsome with that dashing smile of his.

“ChangMin, I'll call you back,” he muttered in a daze, not really catching ChangMin's words of “Have fun,” before he disconnected the call. “YunHo,” he breathed before he was enveloped into the other's strong arms and felt warm lips atop his own. Under many butterfly kisses they stumbled through the hallway, passing the living room when they headed to the bedroom. YunHo suddenly stopped abusing JaeJoong's lips, the latter all dazed and breathless when he asked, “What?”

“JaeJoong, there's a horse in your living room.”