Chapter 18

As Long as You Love ME

 

***

 

Lily was happy that she was able to watch U-KISS’ performance on Inkigayo. Maybe it was her last chance to see them.

“Okay ka lang ba?,” Eimi asked.

“Yeah, I guess so.” Pinilit niyang ngumiti. Papalabas na sila ng studio nang may humarang sa kanila ng kaibigan.

“Can we talk?” It was Eli, the drodead member of U-KISS. He was talking to Eimi. But her friend ignored him.

Himala. Samantalang alam niya ay gusting-gusto ito ng kaibigan.

“Didn’t you hear me? I said I want to talk to you!” Eli exclaimed and held Eimi’s arm. Mukhang may naaamoy siyang away.

“Let me go,” Eimi said in a low voice. But Eli didn’t let her go. Instead, he carried her— that infamous piggyback ride.

Nagulat siya sa ginawa nito.

“Put me down! You pigeon!,” she said while stamping her feet. “Lily, tulungan  mo ko!”

“Pero paano?,” tanong niya. Then Eli started to walk away. “Wait—!”

“Lily!” Someone called her. It was none other than, Alexander. He gracefully walked towards her.

“Don’t worry, that pigeon will take care of her.” He smiled and Lily totally forgot about her friend. “I thought you wouldn’t come.” He paused in front of her.

“I was about to  tell you I’m coming.” She forced a smile. “I don’t want to miss an excellent show.”

“Thanks.”

There was a long silence. They just stared at each other for a moment. She doesn’t know what’s on his mind. Pero sa isip niya, walang ibang naroon kundi ito lamang. She started to memorize his face—his eyes, his nose, his lips, even the way he smile.

“If only staring is a crime, then you’d be inside the jail forever,” Xander teased.

“Huh?” Parang doon lamang siya natauhan.

“You really like me, don’t you?” He was not asking. He was stating a fact. And she was speechless.

Binawi niya ang tingin. Ano bang sasabihin niya dito?

“U-h oh, the lady is blushing. C’mon, you can’t deny it Lily-ah,.” He laughed.

And she blushed even more. “Hey, stop teasing me!” She wanted to cover her face.

“Really cute.” He pinched her cheeks. “Let’s go have some coffee. It’s okay if you like me. I’m used to it.” He said while laughing again.

“Conceited jerk,” she thought.

He held her hands and led her to the parking lot.

Alexander and his arrogance. She smiled. She would really miss this man. How can she say goodbye to him? There’s a big possibility that this is the last time she can be with him. Kaya dapat sulitin na niya ang mga sandaling iyon. Kailangan niya itong pasayahin bago siya tuluyang magpaalam dito.

 

***

 

“You sure you want to ride on that thing?” Xander asked while looking at the merry-go-round ride.

“Yes! It’s fun! Come on, let’s try it,” Lily said excitedly. It was like dajavu. He can still remember their first date (if that’s what you call it) in the Philippines.

“We can ride on the roller coaster if you want,” he suggested.

“No! I don’t want you to have a heart attack.” She snapped.

He laughed. “Alright, if that’s what you like.”

They were about to go to the coffee shop but Lily insisted to go to the amusement park. And he ended up disguising again. He’s getting used to his nerdy look.

“You ride first so I can take a picture of you.” She commanded.

“Do I really have to to do that?”

“Of course, oppa. Go find your horse.” She pushed him to go inside the ride.

He had no choice but to follow her.

Then it started to move.

“Oppa! Look at me!”

He saw her waving her hands. She was holding her camera. “Smile!” She shouted.

But he couldn’t smile. Lily was already catching everyone’s attention. And all of them are looking at him.

“Aishh, why am I doing this?,” he whispered.

He looked at Lily. She was really enjoying it. If she’s happy, she might as well be happy too.

Finally, the horses stopped spinning around.

 

“oh, look! You’re really cute here!” Lily said while looking at his pictures on her camera.

He took a look at it too but he didn’t like it. He was smiling, he was actually pouting on the picture! Hilarious!

“Aishh, what cute? Lily-ah, you delete that!”

“No!” She put away the camera. “Why? You don’t like it? But I love it! Oh, I should have it printed.”

“Ya! Give that to me!”

“I said no!” She ran away from him.

Alexander followed her. Good thing she cannot run fast. He was able to catch her immediately.

“Gotcha!”

He pulled her arm to get the camera but somebody bumped into her and she got out of balance. He held her waist to prevent her from falling but it was too late. He got out of balanced too.

It was unintentional. Their lips accidentally met. It was so unexpected that he wasn’t able to move.

 

***

 

Lily couldn’t believe it. She and Alexander were kissing in front of many people! It was so wrong. But why does it feel so right? It was her first kiss. At hindi siya makapaniwala na ang lalaking itinatangi niya ang magiging first kiss niya.

Narinig niya ang pagbagsak ng kung anong bagay mula sa kamay niya. Hindi pala niya namalayang nabitiwan niya na ang camera.

Doon lang siya natauhan. At mukhang ganoon din si Xander. She felt his lips left hers. Sabay silang tumayo nito pero hindi niya maramdaman kung nakaapak pa ba siya sa lupa. She felt like floating medyo may hang-over pa siya. Hindi niya maarok ang komosyon sa paligid basta naramdaman na lamang niya ang paghila sa kanya ng kanyang “first kiss”. She felt so weak. Parang matutumba siya. It was a good thing Xander was holding her to support her.

Huminto sila sa harap ng kotse nito. Then he opened the door for her. She went inside the car like a robot. Tulala pa din.

“Aishh. They are still following us,” he said as he started driving the car. He was talking about the people in the park.

She blinked many times. Hindi niya masyado na gets ang sinabi nito. Namalayan na lang niyang inihinto nito ang sasakyan sa tabi ng kalsada.

“About the incident a while ago…” He said without looking at her. She was sure he was talking about the kiss. She heard him sigh. “I’m sorry.”

Sorry for what? He was sorry he kissed her?

Ouch!

“I-it’s okay. It happened accidentally. You don’t have to be sorry…”

Silence.

“Yeah, it was accidental. Let’s just pretend that nothing happened,” he suggested.

Nothing happened? What is he talking about? It was her first kiss. Damn it! She couldn’t forget it just like that.

“Do you want an ice cream?” He asked her.

She couldn’t understand him. He just told her to forget about her first kiss and now, he was asking if she wants to eat an ice cream. How sweet! Nakakasama talaga ito ng loob.

But she still said yes to him. Sa ice cream niya na lang ibubuhos ang lahat ng sama ng loob niya.

 

***

 

It was a silly question. He just ask Lily if she wants an ice cream. He wanted to scold himself. An ice cream after that incidental kiss. Sweet, isn’t it?

He just asked the question out of no words to say.

“Can I order as many as I want?” It was Lily.

He was not sure if she was asking him.

“Sure.”

He didn’t know she loves ice cream too. She ordered all the available flavors in the ice cream parlor.

“Are you sure you can eat that all?” Xander thought that he was the most addicted ice cream lover. But he was wrong.

Lily just nod and started to munch and munch like there’s no tomorrow.

His jaw dropped. He couldn’t believe it. She had finished eating twelve flavors of ice cream in just a sneak of time. Amazing.

“Y-you want more?” He offered his ice cream to her.

“Thanks, oppa.” Then she started to munched again.

“Hey, you’re not in an ice cream competition. Calm down Lily-ah.”

But she didn’t mind him. And he was starting to enjoy watching her. He got the camera to take her pictures. Good enough it was not broken from its fall a while ago.

He started to take a shot.

“What are you doing?” Lily asked in a high note.

“Taking pictures.” He simply answered.

“Stop it!” She started to get pissed.

“Yah. Don’t talk when your mouth is full.” He said as he get a tissue paper and wipe off the ice cream scattered on her face. “Look how messy you eat.”

She just watch him while he wipe the excess ice cream on her face.

“You’re getting used to it,” he said.

“Huh?”

“I said you’re getting used to it,” he repeated.

“Getting used to what?”

“Staring…”

“Staring?”

“Yeah.”

“B-but I’m not staring at you.” She looked away.

“You just did.” He smiled. A heart beat skipping smile. He didn’t mind if she stare at him forever for as long as he is the only one she was staring at.

“I’m done.” Lily stood up and headed to the exit door.

“Yah!” He followed her. “I thought you want some more ice cream?”

***

 

Nakakainis! Nahuli na naman siya ni Alexander na nakatitig dito. Why, she couldn’t help it! He’s so damn irresistible. Nawalan tuloy siya ng ganang kumain ng ice cream.

“I thought twelve cups of ice cream is not enough for you.” Hindi pa rin maalis ang ngiti sa mukha nito.

“I’m sorry. It’s been months since the last time I eat ice cream. I just missed it.” Pero ang totoo, sa ice cream lamang niya ibinuhos ang sama ng loob niya. Hindi naman niya intensyong ubusin ang lahat ng ice cream flavors na naroon, basta gusto lang noyang kumain.

Patuloy lamang silang naglalakad ni Alexander nang biglang may sumulpot sa harapan nila na isang babae at lalaki. Sa gulat nila ay bigla sila nitong tinalian ng lubid at biglang sumigaw ng, “Congratulations! Welcome to Blossom’s Marriage Booth!” and all of the people around them clapped their hands.

“Oppa, what’s happening?” She asked Alexander. Hindi siya masyadong makagalaw dahil nakatali silang dalawa.

“I don’t know too.” Tila nalilito rin ito sa nangyayari.

“Thank you for dropping by to our marriage booth. This is Blossom Company and we are celebrating our twenty fifth anniversary. Congratulations, you are one of the lucky couples who can try out our marriage booth for free! We’ll be having our unofficial wedding ceremony later.”

Nagkatinginan sila ni Alexander. He just shrugged.

Tama ba ang narinig niya? She and Alexander are getting married. Pero hindi naman totoo iyon.

They were not even a couple! She knows it is just a fake marriage. Pero bakit excited siya?

“But you’re getting married soon…” her mind whispered.

Tama. Hindi niya dapat kalimutan ang bagay na iyon. But this time, hahayaan niya muna ang puso niya na magdiwang habang kasama pa niya si Xander.

 

 

 

****

hello again readers~! sorry ang tagal ng update~ nagkaproblema kasi ang internet connection namin... 

 

hope matapos ko lahat i-update this weekend~

 

keep on supporting this fic~! salamat po!

 

you can share it to other kissmes if you like^^ hehe~

 

U-KISS FIGHTING!!! ♥