Jealousy Looks Good On You

Jealousy Looks Good On You

Jimin came out of the classroom completely devastated; he didn't recall learning half of the things that were on the paper. He couldn't afford getting lower than an 85, it would mess up his nearly perfect average.

"Park, shut the up," snapped a girl walking past him.

Oops, some people definitely had it worse. At least it was the end of the week and Jimin couldn't wait to go back home to spend his weekend locked in his room. There was still a huge pile of books waiting for him on his study desk. Lost in his thoughts, he didn't notice his best friend's presence.

"Hey!" shouted Jungkook in his ear, making him slightly jump in surprise. "Are you deaf?"

"Don't scare me like that again!" Jimin glared at him as he shoved his school books in his bag. 

Jungkook laughed a little too loud, causing everyone to look at them, but he didn't seem to mind it. "How was your exam Jimin?"

"Just like everyone else. I'm ed."

Seeing Jimin upset about a stupid chemistry exam made Jungkook frown. "Hyung, are you sad? If it can make you happy, I think that half of the students failed. Well, uh, I probably did."

Jimin forced small smile and shrugged. It was stupid, but he didn't care about how others did on the exam, all he cared about was his average. He sighed. He would have work even harder for the next exams, so that his average could go back to what it was.

"Dude, you're clearly not okay," Jungkook gently patted his shoulder. "Are you doing anything tonight? And watching Youtube videos until 3 am doesn't count!"

Embarrassed, Jimin's ears turned pink. "Um no, I don't think I'm doing anything tonight."

Jungkook's face immeditately lightened up at his words. He opened his phone and shoved it in front of the older's face, the latter looking very confused. "Say: 'I will come to the club with Jungkook tonight.'"

"Are you seriously recording me?"

"Say it! Otherwise, I know you're going to bail on me later."

Jimin ended up saying it, after a few pleads from his best friend.

//

Jimin had never been to a club before and he was quite anxious about it. He spent hours looking for the perfect outfit, but quickly gave up and eventually called his friend Jin for help. Jin insisted that he wore his tightest pair of skinny jeans because apparently, they made his thighs look thicker. Then, he opted for a simple high neck striped shirt. 

At around 11, Jungkook called him, telling him that he was outside. After taking a few deep breaths to calm himself down, Jimin finally walked out of the apartment. As soon as he got outside, he instantly recognized Jungkook's car and walked in that direction. Jungkook rolled down the window and waved at him. "I didn't know you had other shirts than band tees!"

Jimin rolled his eyes, but still smiled as he got inside of the car. He glanced up and down at Jungkook's outfit and chuckled. "And I didn't know you had shirts that aren't white."

The car ride was quick, Jungkook put some music on and they both sang at the top of their lungs, the windows down, not caring about the judgemental looks they received. "Is it weird that I'm nervous?" Jimin whispered to Jungkook as they walked inside of the building. The music was already too loud for him and the place smelled like sweat and alcohol. 

Jungkook never answered, instead, he softly rubbed his shoulders. Jimin didn't know why, but this action strangely made his heart race even more than before. 

"I'm going to get us drinks, wanna come?" asked Jungkook.

Feeling already a bit overwhelmed, Jimin refused and told him he was going to go the bathroom. The way the club was built seemed weird. There were no bathroom signs anywhere and Jimin couldn't even move around to find it because everyone was pressed against each other like sardines. So there he was, standing in front of the entrance, looking as confused as ever. He mentally promised to himself to never leave Jungkook's side again.

Suddenly, he felt a pair of arms hugging around his waist. Astonished, he quickly stepped away from the stranger. 

"I've never seen you around before..." an old looking man smirked. With his poorly dyed hair, he looked like he was around 60 years old. Jimin unconscionably scrunched his nose in disgust. Even if he was technically an adult, he just barely turned 18. However, the man didn't notice Jimin's uncomfortableness since he kept approaching him. "What's the matter baby boy? Why aren't you talking?"

All Jimin wanted to do was to run away from him. So, that was what he did. He ran into the crowd and thankfully, the man didn't follow him. Not too long later, he finally saw Jungkook with two beers in his hands. He looked like he was looking for him. "Jungkook!" shouted Jimin. It was almost a miracle that Jungkook heard him over the loud music. When he saw him, his worried expression quickly turned into a blissful one.

"I couldn't find you, sorry," he apologized while handing him a bottle. "Having fun?"

Jimin hated lying to his best friend, but he knew that telling him about what happened would result in them leaving. Jimin didn't want Jungkook to think that he was overthinking so he kept his mouth shut. Plus, Jungkook seemed so enthusiastic about coming to the club and Jimin didn't want to be a party pooper. 

"Eh," he shrugged. "The music's fine."

Jungkook smiled. "If you like the music, let's go dance!"

With that being said, he grabbed the older's wrist and dragged him to the dancefloor. Honestly, Jimin didn't enjoy the music. He would much rather listen to one of his favorite artists, someone that nobody knew about, instead of a badly remixed pop song. Jungkook was having fun though.

An hour later, after a few drinks, Jimin finally let down his guard and relaxed. As soon as he came out of his shell, his body started to sensually move to the beat. Song after song, more and more people were looking at him with either admiration or lust. Jungkook was still by his side, looking as attractive as ever. Jimin had never felt so happy and free in his life.

Everything was great until he felt a unpleasant familiar pair of hands on his waist. He turned around to see the old 60 year old man from before. A drunk Jimin was a bolder Jimin. So this time, instead of cowering away, he actually faced him. "Get away from me, you ert! Can't you see that I'm not interested in you?" he yelled, causing Jungkook to stop and stare with confusion written on his face. 

Instead of backing away, the man simply smirked and raised an eyebrow. "Baby boy, that's not what you told me earlier."

Unable to watch the scene unfold, Jungkook stepped in between them and glared at the man. "Look, he already told you to off."

Completely ignoring him, the man's eyes lowered down to Jimin's thighs. "Can't wait to know how your beautiful thighs will feel around my ."

He suddenly pushed himself against Jimin and rolled his hips against him, a moan coming out of his mouth. However, Jimin didn't feel aroused at all, but he was too weak to break out of the man's embrace. 

"Hey, what the are you doing!" shouted Jungkook angrily, grabbing the man's hand. "That's ual abuse, he's not even enjoying it!" With all the energy he had in his body, Jungkook pulled the man away from Jimin. He used so much force that the man fell down on a couple next to them. 

"Do you even know what you're saying?" hissed the man, finally looking at Jungkook. "Look at my baby boy all excited for daddy's ."

Enraged, Jungkook jumped on the man and pinned him to the ground. "If you come near him again, I will break your ing face, understood?" His breathing was ragged and the vein on his neck looked like it was going to pop out anytime soon. As he was going to violently punch him in the face, a small hand taped his shoulder.

"K-Kookie, let's l-leave. It's n-not worth it."

Jimin was on the edge of crying. All because of that crusty old man. This made Jungkook want to kill him, but Jimin's soft voice was enough to calm him down.

During the car ride back home, Jungkook's playlist was still playing, but none of them sang this time. When they arrived at their destination, Jungkook realized that Jimin had fallen asleep. After taking a few seconds to stare at him fondly, Jungkook decided to carry him into his apartment. 

//

Jungkook couldn't sleep at all, he spent the entire night sitting down next to his bed, where Jimin was sleeping, thinking about what happened. He couldn't help but replay the scene over and over again, always thinking about Jimin's terrified face. Eventually, Jungkook started to blame himself for bringing Jimin to the club. All he wanted was to make Jimin happy, but it ended up breaking him even more than before.

It was at 8 o'clock that Jimin woke up. When he opened his eyes and realized where he was, he immediately started to look for his phone. His mom was going to be worried sick since he didn't come back home last night. Sensing Jimin's panic, Jungkook stood up and told him: "I texted your mom, she's okay."

Jimin sighed in relief. But his period of relief was short, as soon as his eyes landed on Jungkook, he knew something was wrong. "Are you okay? You look like you didn't sleep at all."

Once again, Jungkook didn't reply. He shook his head and chuckled coldly as he left his own bedroom. "I'll be in the living room. Make yourself at home, I ordered breakfast, it should come soon."

When the younger left, Jimin yawned and scratched his head. He sleepily made his way to the bathroom, his eyes barely opened. While he was brushing his teeth, the memory of the events from last night suddenly came back. He froze and hoped that everything was just a bad dream. It definitely was a bad dream, right? The only way to know was to ask Jungkook. 

"Jungkook?" he hummed, walking towards the living room. Jungkook was laying down on the couch on his phone. "Jungkook!" repeated Jimin louder, shaking him. Nothing. Jungkook was clearly ignoring him.

With a pout on his lips, Jimin snatched his phone from his hands and put it down on the table nearby. Finally, Jungkook glanced at him with a frown. "What?"

"Why are you ignoring me?" Jimin pouted. "Did I do something wrong?"

Everything you do is wrong, Jungkook wanted to yell. I wasn't meant to fall in love for my best friend. 

"Kookie, please say something. What happened last night was real, right?"

"Yeah," snapped Jungkook who kept his eyes on the ceiling. "Why didn't you tell me earlier about the old man?"

"Is this why you're ignoring me?" Jimin sat down next to Jungkook on the couch, legs crossed. 

"Why didn't you tell me earlier about the old man?" Jungkook looked as mad as he was last night. His eyes were cold and if looks could kill, Jimin would be dead by now. 

"I don't want you to think that I'm that lame friend who never attends social events," mumbled Jimin, playing with his fingers. "M'sorry."

Jungkook's expression softened for a moment, but he was quick to furrow his brows again. The man's words kept replaying in his head. "Were you excited when he touched you?"

Jimin sighed, rubbing his eyes frustratingly. "No, of course not! I wanted to throw up when he rubbed his on mine! Why are you mad at me? What did I do wrong?"

All Jungkook wanted was to be understood. He screwed up. He wanted to show Jimin how much he cared for him, but instead, he made a mess.

"You're not answering me again," Jimin's voice was shaky. "Are you that mad at me? I'm so sorry, I just really don't want to this friendship up because you're so important to me and hmpf!" 

Without thinking twice, Jungkook closed the distance between them and pressed their lips together. Kissing Jimin was better than he had imagined, his lips were softer than a cloud. Jungkook pulled away first, embarassed, feeling like Jimin wasn't really kissing him back. "Sorry, it's just that I really care about you," he confessed, backing away. "If you don't like me that way, you can leave. I don't want to force you to do anything with me."

Jimin smiled, the crinkles by his eyes appearing. "I want to do everything with you."