Like a star

Is this love?

It was lunch time and as usual, I was getting ready to head to the library. As I was taking out my sketch book from my locker, someone tapped me on my shoulder. I turned and saw Daniel, grinning at me.

 

Daniel : Let’s go together~~

 

He grabbed my sketchbook and my drawing tools and started leading the way to the library. I followed him and noticed people were looking and whispering about us.

 

Girl B : Yah, look at that!! What the hell is she doing?!

Girl A : Ah, this is so irritating to watch. I couldn’t watch this

Girl C: Do you think they are dating???

Girl A: YAH!! Do you want to get hit?!!

 

Daniel didn’t seem to care so I chose not to care too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Daniel : So, what are you going to draw today?

Me : Hm…don’t know yet. Any ideas?

Daniel : Hmmmm~~~how about me?

 

He pointed himself and then blinked his eyes in a cute way at me. I wasn’t sure what kind of facial expression I made but his cheek turned red after that, probably feeling embarrassed about what he just did.

 

Daniel : Just kidding~~ please ignore that.

 

He seemed really embarrassed that I felt bad for him.

 

Me : Maybe, next time…?

Daniel : Really???!

His face lit up with excitement. He looked just like a puppy, a cute puppy when he’s happy.

 

I started sketching and at one point, I took a small peek at him. He was reading a book and seemed so into it. He looked different when he’s being quiet and serious. Like a different person. As I peeked at him, he suddenly turned his gaze to me. Our eyes met for a second and I quickly looked back at my sketches, panicked. My heart was beating so fast. After that, I didn’t dare to peek at him anymore.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

It was raining. And out of all days, I chose today to not bring my umbrella with me. So I just stood there at the school main entrance, hoping that the rain would stop soon.

 

????? : It’s raining heavily today.

 

Someone spoke to me. I turned around and saw a guy standing next to me, staring into the rain.

 

????? : You didn’t bring your umbrella with you?

 

He asked me. I shook my head. He opened his bag and took out a red fold umbrella.

 

????? : Take it.

Me : Eh? I couldn’t take it…besides, you only have one.

????? : Oh, you’re worrying about me? *grinned* It’s okay~ I have my coat with me, I’ll just use it.

Me : But-

????? : Here you go. You can thank me later whenever we meet again.

 

He forcefully placed it into my hands. After taking off his coat and covered himself in it, he gave me a smile and took off, forcing his way through the rain. I stared at the red fold umbrella in my hands. It had a small name tag attached to it. “Ong Seongwoo”, it said. Ong Seongwoo-ssi, thanks to you I could go home safely.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I brought the red umbrella with me to school today. Who knows if I’ll ever meet this Ong Seongwoo-ssi again at school today? I don’t think I’ve ever seen him before. But maybe that’s because I never really paid any attention to my surroundings at school.

 

It was lunch time and I was in a hurry to go to the library. Thinking that Daniel must have been there already, I quickly rushed to my locker to get my stuff. Then, I suddenly bumped into someone so hard that I fell onto the ground.

 

????? : Are you okay??

 

Someone said to me in a worried voice. I looked up and saw Ong Seongwoo staring at me, looking concerned. He held out his hand for me to grab onto and I tried to grab it but my ankle hurt so bad that I just fell down again.

 

Me : I-I couldn’t get up…my ankle…

 

Seongwoo looked at my ankle and noticed that it was a little bit swollen already. He gently and softly picked me up into his arms and carried me to the infirmary. I was so embarrassed and everyone was watching us but I couldn’t say a thing. Seongwoo didn’t say anything either. It’s not like I could go there on my own either. And I wanted to get treated as soon as possible too.

 

At the infirmary, the nurse treated my ankle and told me to rest there the whole day. Seongwoo just patiently sat next to me during the treatment.

 

[Official Audio] 이나래(Narae Lee) - like a star

 

Me : Thank you very much for today. I owed you.

Seongwoo : No biggie *smiled*. Don’t worry about it~ it’s partly my fault though. For bumping into you.

Me : Ah, but that’s because I was rushing to-

Seongwoo : I should have been more caref-

Me : No, no, the one who should be more careful is-

Seongwoo : Me.

 

We looked into each other’s eyes and then Seongwoo started laughing. Hearing his laugh somehow made me feel warm that I let out a small chuckle. Then, I remembered about the fold umbrella.

Me : Ah, your umbrella! I brought it to school today but I left it in my locker…

Seongwoo : Ah, it’s okay~~you can return it to me later. That way, we have a reason to meet again.

 

He spoke gently. I wasn’t sure of what to reply so I just stayed silent, looking down at my feet. I could feel my cheeks were burning a little bit though. Then someone suddenly opened the infirmary door.

 

Daniel : Ah, there you are! Are you okay?

 

Daniel came to me, with a very worried look on his face. He took a look at my ankle and shook his head.

 

Daniel : Does it still hurt??? How did it happen?

Seongwoo : I bumped into her.

Daniel : Oh! Seongwoo-hyung! * surprised* You’re here, I didn’t notice you~~

Seongwoo : Yeah, you only noticed her~who am I compared to her~~~~*pretending to sulk*

Daniel : *chuckled* Ai, hyung~~~anyway, I didn’t know you knew Seongwoo-hyung.

Me : I just knew him yesterday…

Seongwoo : Yup~ I didn’t know you’re the one that this kid keeps on talking about. He talks about you all the time.

Daniel : Ahh, hyung! Why are you telling her that?!

 

Daniel’s been talking about me to his friends? That surprised me a little. Anyway, after that, they continued their chatting while I just kept listening to them. They insisted on keeping me company even after lunch but I told them to leave since the nurse wouldn’t be too happy about that and they promised to come back after their last class. First, Kang Daniel and now Ong Seongwoo. Both of them suddenly came into my life without a warning. But somehow, I didn’t hate it at all. I was used to being alone and invisible so I thought that I would hate it if someday someone suddenly started to notice me. Guess I was wrong.