Sweet Kiss like Coffee

Is this love?

Eddy Kim (feat. Lee Sung Kyung) - Sweet Kiss like Coffee 

 

Chapter 1

I’ve always been the one who were ignored in school. Born with an average look, people usually don’t notice me at all. I live in a quiet family, with my parents and an old ginger cat named Taeng. My parents even forget my birthday sometimes and they don’t even know if I’m in the house. As bad as it sounds, I’m okay with it. I mean it has its own perks. Like teachers won’t call me out for something and sometimes I can skip classes especially P.E without being noticed. I mean, who even like P.E ?

 

And the most thing that I like about it is that I have my own time to do the thing I like the most. During lunch, I would sneak to the school’s library. Our library is seriously huge. At the back of the library, there’s this little secluded area that I like to call my own place. People usually won’t go that far so it has always been my area. It has a small white wooden table with 2 chairs and it’s beside the window so you could see the scenery outside. I would sit down, take out my sketch book and my ipod. With the earphones in my ear, I would start sketching away. That’s the only thing that’s keeping me happy.

 

So today, right after Math class, I quickly sneaked out to go to the library. I went to my place and there, I noticed someone was already there, looking outside the window. Feeling disappointed, I returned back to my classroom. Ah well, I guess I could go there again tomorrow.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He’s there again. Still staring outside. I wondered what he was looking at. But still, you could do that even at other place. That’s my place. Not that I had my name carved on the table or something. I sighed and again reluctantly returned to my classroom.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At home, while we’re eating dinner,

 

Mom : What’s wrong with you?

Me : Nothing’s wrong…

Mom : Really? You don’t look happy at all these 2 days.

 

As expected from a mom. She knew everything about me.

 

Me : It’s nothing big. I don’t want to talk about it now….

Mom : Ok, when you want to talk, you can always come to me.

 

I nodded. I finished my dinner and went to my room. While listening to my ipod, I kept thinking that I hope he will not be there again before dozing off.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes! He’s not here today! Finally, I could have some me-time in peace. Humming happily, I sat down at the table and quickly took out my sketch book, my drawing tools and most importantly, my ipod. Earphones plugged in, check. Pencil sharpened, check. I opened my sketch book and started drawing.

 

Usually I would be so into drawing that I won’t notice anything else. Not even a bomb explosion or something. All of my focus would be on my artwork and today’s not an exception either. Unfortunately.

 

I finished my drawing and filled with satisfaction, I closed my sketch book and turned my head up. Right there, on the chair opposite of me, sat a guy who was smiling at me. I froze and just stared at him.

 

Guy : Finished drawing? Wow, you’re really into it~

Me : Er…How long have you been here?

Guy : Hmm, like about 2 hours already ?

 

I looked at my watch and it’s around 2:30 already. Meaning that he’s right in front of me almost from the start?! I really don’t like people looking at me when I draw or look at my drawings. Feeling rather irritated, I quickly grabbed my stuff and as I turned away from him, he grabbed my arm. It was so sudden that I dropped all of my stuff.

 

Guy : I’m so sorry, here let me pick them up for you~

 

He picked all of the things up and handed them to me. I slowly took it and gave him a little bow. As I started to turn away,

 

Guy : Ah wait!

 

I stopped and looked at him.

 

Guy : My name’s Daniel. Kang Daniel. I’ve always been watching you. I know this sounds weird but I don’t mean it in a weird way. I always notice how happy you are when you draw and it makes me….I don’t know, happy too, I guess. You probably never noticed me though. I’ve always wanted to talk to you but recently, you haven’t been coming here. So I was kinda worried. When I saw you here today, I felt glad and that’s why I sat in front of you. I’m really sorry if that makes you angry or anything. But I really hope that I can be friends with you. Can we be friends?

 

Friends? Is this guy for real? Just by looking at me when I draw, he wanted to be friends with me? He seemed a little weird but not in a bad way. There’s something about him that made it hard for me to say no.

 

Me : Okay I guess.

Daniel : Really???? Yeay!!! Thanks~ glad I had the courage to speak to you today~

 

He grinned at me. *badump* Hmm? ‘Badump’? Did my heart just skipped a beat?

 

Daniel : Now, that we’re friends, tell me your number! Let’s Katalk later~

 

He looked way too excited. We exchanged numbers and after that he walked me to my class. As we reached my class,

 

Daniel : Talk to you later, then ?

Me : Okay…

 

He flashed me that grin again and ruffled my hair before heading to his own class. While looking at his back, I touched my hair. No one ever did that to me before, so I wasn't sure how to respond. Or how to feel about it. Still puzzled, I entered my class and saw that almost all of the girls were staring at me. Some in awe and some were sending me death glares. Not knowing what happened, I quietly went back to my own desk.

Too many questions today. Who is Kang Daniel? Why he insist on being friends with me? Is he being serious about it? Why my heart skipped a beat when he smiled at me? Why people were staring at me?....Urgh. This made me feel tired already.