Irene and you forever

My Video Game Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Final chapter, thank you very much for the reviews and for reading and enjoying this story, if you have. I did the best I could do with the kind of story this was, and so without further interruption, here’s the last chapter. Thanks!



 



 

There were moments for Irene and Seulgi where everything was fine. There were no signs of any glitching or random disappearing. They had regular moments together, that felt normal, their usual routine of being a couple who just enjoyed their time. Seulgi even got those documents to come to life, and Seulgi wanted to take it as a good sign. What was stopping them from getting married now that all Irene’s identification was real and before them. 

 

“Bae Irene.” Irene reads out the information on her ID card. “March. 29th, 1991.”

 

They had decided on her birthday together. Irene had something about wanting to be older than Seulgi, but not too much older than her, and so everything sort of came together.

 

“Did you know that means I’m an Aries.” Irene proudly states. She has been reading into astrology and birthdays just for background information. Finding the topic to be absolutely fascinating.

 

“That’s right.” The monolid woman agrees with a smile. “Now, what’s mine.”

 

“Yours…” Irene has been studying and she should know this. She knows Seulgi’s birthday easily, it is February 10th. If all her studying and storing information has taught her anything. She knows what Seulgi’s astrological sign is.

 

“You’re an Aquarius.”

 

“Yep.” Monolid eyes turn into crescent shapes. It’s a pretty smile that Irene has come to love so much. A smile that Irene hopes is always on Seulgi’s face more times than it is not.

 

“Hey, did you know that we are very, very compatible.” The shorter woman smiles and moves to sit in Seulgi’s lap, facing her. The brunette smiles and pretends like she hasn’t ever read somewhere that Aries are supposed to be highly compatible with an Aquarius.

 

“Oh, really? Is that so?” Seulgi’s arms go around her waist then.

 

“Uh-huh, we balance each other out in ways like no one else can, almost like a perfect match, and the too… it’s..”

 

“Hey, hey!” Seulgi cuts her off by grabbing her cheeks. “I think I get the picture, Rene.”

 

“Do you, because I could draw you a very clear visual, so there would be no further questions.”

 

It was good to see that despite everything, no matter the strangeness that was sometimes going on with Irene. She was still her sweet, funny, somewhat erted self. It was comforting to know at least that hadn’t changed. Since, they still didn’t know what was going on with her.

 

“I’m glad you’re still in good spirits.”

 

“I’m always like this when I’m with you, Seul. We got the papers to come to life too, and that’s all we need. There’s nothing stopping us from getting married while…” Irene pauses, and leans her head down into the crook of Seulgi’s neck. Irene has been glad that so far there hasn’t been any random glitching or disappearing. She just hasn’t been able to fully rest easy, and still has that worry in the back of her mind that it will happen again.

 

“Hey,” Seulgi speaks and rubs the back of her head in a gentle way. “Then what are we waiting for, we should go to the courthouse and get married.”

 

“Really? But we’ll still have a wedding ceremony like I’ve seen on tv, right? With cake, flowers, and everything.”

 

Seulgi had noticed even before the topic of marriage had come up. Irene would watch a lot of romantic movies. Many of which had weddings in them, and she would make note of certain things she liked about the weddings. Whether it was the flowers, the pretty cakes, or foods. Seulgi would hope to one day be able to have that sort of wedding. For now, a courthouse one seemed the most logical. Especially in the event something terrible did happen. Though they both hoped the random glitching had stopped. There weren’t any signs of it so far.

 

“Yeah, I promise we’ll have that ceremony too.”

 

And that was more than good enough for Irene. As she trusted Seulgi and believed in her. She was fine with a courthouse ceremony too, as long as it meant that by the time they were done. She was more than just Seulgi’s girlfriend. She would be Seulgi’s wife and that mattered to her greatly. Irene had never been a wife before. However, she had the feeling nothing much would change between them. If anything, they would love each other even more, if such a thing was even possible.

 

“Okay, let’s get down to the courthouse then. Time to make me Mrs. Kang.”

 

Seulgi was cut off guard when Irene calls herself Mrs. Kang. Caught off guard in the best way, though. If there was going to be any Mrs. Kang for her, it would be Irene, and no one else. At one point in time, Seulgi had honestly gotten used to the fact that there might be no one. That she might in fact, live her life alone, at least until the right person came along. Irene did come along too, in what was the most unexpected way.

 

“Yes, let’s go and make you Mrs. Kang.”



 

For all the amounts of shows that Irene watched that had weddings. Nothing could prepare her for how fast the courthouse ceremony went. It was safe to say it was nothing super romantic like in the films she had watched. All they did was stand before a judge, sign some papers, and that was it. It took about fifteen minutes all and all, and they were officially married. The best part of course was being married to Seulgi. The paper in their hands said so. She didn’t glitch or disappear either and that brought great relief to them both.

 

“How do you feel now that you’re actually Mrs. Kang?” Seulgi asks her the moment they exit the courthouse. She too didn’t know what to expect, as she hadn’t ever gone to a courthouse for a marriage license before. That was probably the fastest thing ever and just like that she now had a wife. Seulgi was now someone’s wife too. That did mean everything to her.

 

“I feel great.” Irene admits and leans up for her lips. “That was the fastest process ever. We should have gotten married a long time ago.”

 

Seulgi smiles softly and nods in agreement. “I suppose we should have, since it took no time. Okay, wife, what would you like to do now?”

 

“Don’t people usually go on honeymoons after their wedding, hm?” Irene wonders knowingly with a suggestive look in those pretty chocolate brown eyes. She smiles at how red-faced Seulgi is. It’s so nice to see that hasn’t changed at all. Seulgi is so very shy it’s adorable to her. Though Irene hopes that she won’t be shy for everything, not when they are officially married. With that being said, Irene is still mostly teasing as she adores seeing a shy Seulgi. Irene knows she will wait as long as it takes for Seulgi to feel comfortable for them to advance their relationship. They were after all married now. They would have all the time in the world.

 

Hopefully… 

 

“Uh, yeah, a honeymoon, sure…” Seulgi swallows. Why does her face feel hot all of a sudden? And not all because of how intensely Irene is looking at her. It’s not as if Seulgi hasn’t thought about it either, being together with Irene in a more physical sense. Of course she had, and now that they were married. Surely, such topics would come up.

 

“I think if you give me a few days, I can plan the perfect getaway for us to go on a real honeymoon, Rene. Would you like that?”
 

“Yes, I would love that. I don’t care where we go, as long as we’re together.”

 

“Me too, I don’t care where we go as long as we’re together, Rene.” Just as Seulgi was going to go in for another kiss. They are interrupted by three very distinct screams, all belonging to Seungwan, Yerim, and Joy. The three of them looked as if they were heading out somewhere, only to see Seulgi and Irene standing out of a courthouse, which could mean one thing.

 

“Wait a moment, are you two…” Seungwan begins. “Did you…..Are you…” She can barely find the right words.

 

“Did you two really just get married and not even bother to tell us!” Joy sums it up perfectly, while sounding offended. Though she is smiling and looking happy for them. Yerim is just staring at them with a wide-eyed expression.

 

“How the heck do you marry a video game character? Just asking for a friend.”

 

“You mean you’re asking for yourself, right?” Joy teases and nudges her in the arm, and so the two younger women go back and forth with their usual amusing bickering. Irene can’t believe there was a time she didn’t like her wife’s friends. They’re all such amusing people. Even Seungwan who is trying her best to settle down the younger women, by promising them she will treat them to desserts that she made. And of course that does the trick and the fighting stops.

 

“It wasn’t technically your business.” Irene speaks with a teasing tone. “Unless you plan to throw us a party or have gifts for Seul and I.”


“Well, maybe we could have if you would have told us.”

 

“It’s not too late.” Seungwan mentions. “We can still have a get together to celebrate. How about you and Seul come over to my place in about an hour, we’ll have something, it’s the least we can do to help you celebrate.”

 

“Really, oh, Wan, that’s very nice of you. I wasn’t going to ask or anything.” Seulgi really had no plans to impose on her friends. But with how warmly her best friend assures her that it’s no trouble, and it’s what they want to do. How could either herself or Irene turn that down.

 

“I’d take the free food and gifts if I were you two, newlyweds.” Joy says in a matter-a-fact tone. “We’ll do something nice for you guys, you’ll see.”

 

“Hey,” Irene speaks to them. “Thank you, I’m sorry I gave you all a hard time at first. But you’re not so bad at all. I’m glad Seul has such good party members.”

 

How could they take that other than with warm laughter and smiles. Irene really was the most unique and adorable person they had ever met. 

 

“Yeah, and she has one hell of a love interest.” Yerim nods to her. “We’ll see you later, newlyweds.”
 

Newlyweds.. 

 

Never had a word sounded more perfect in one moment than it did then. When Irene first woke up and came off that page. Sure she knew that she was meant to be with Seulgi. But to think they had come all the way to marriage in the way they did. It was like the most wonderful surprise. And yet, with one look into Seulgi’s eyes. Irene knew that it could be no other way except for this. They had to reach this conclusion.

 

“Before we go meet them, I have an idea. Come with me, alright?” The raven reaches for Seulgi’s hand. 

 

“Of course, I’ll go anywhere with you, Irene.”

 

That gave her all the more reassurance. Seulgi did promise that she would go anywhere with Irene, and she meant that. She just didn’t expect for Irene to watch to do the driving. Not when her new wife was once very apprehensive about the car and wanted to teleport everywhere. 

 

“Um, are you sure you want to drive?” Seulgi asks nervously. “I mean, you once tried to use a mallet on my car.”

 

Irene rolls her eyes playfully as she gets into the driver’s seat as if she’s been doing this forever. “That was before, when I thought it was dangerous. You do trust me to drive your car, don’t you?”

 

“Well…”

 

“You do trust your wife, don’t you?”

 

What else could Seulgi say but she trusted her. She did trust her, and that’s why the monolid woman got into the passenger's seat with no complaint. Irene smiles in relief and holds her hand.

 

“Thank you, Seul. Come on, I know exactly where to go.”

 

While Seulgi went along with Irene to wherever it was she wanted to go. Seungwan, Joy, and Yerim had to of course change their plans a bit. But that was okay, they would make the best small celebration they could considering the timing of just finding out their friend was officially a married woman. It wasn’t all that difficult, the three of them simply split up when it came to getting things. Yerim handled decorations, Joy made sure to get the gifts, and Seungwan had food and a cake covered. Now they were at Seungwan’s place setting up. Seungwan would have preferred to have way more time in advance to really give her best friend a great party. And yet, everything about this moment did make perfect sense. 

 

“You know,” Joy begins as she’s setting up the dining table outside on Seungwan’s balcony. “If this had been months ago, I would have thought we were all going completely insane, like a collective fever dream. But with everything that’s happened it makes total sense.”

 

Yerim and Seungwan find themselves agreeing completely. Sure, all of this would have sounded totally insane. They did have a hard time at first believing their friend’s video game design had come to life. Now, here they were about to celebrate their marriage. Well, maybe stranger things have happened….

 

Maybe… 

 

“I’m happy fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter