Take a chance

Interlude


It had been a pretty long night in his studio for Yoongi. Right now he felt like his legs were made of jelly, even just staying upright was giving him a hard time. Maybe it was from having been sitting on his chair for so long, and the lack of use of his feet. 


 He was just glad to be going to his bed for the first time in awhile. These last few days he had either spent it falling asleep on this precise chair, or if he found himself with even just a fraction of some untapped energy, he would somehow manage to fall facedown on the couch he kept in his space just for this use.


  At four o’clock in the morning, the only sound that welcomed the pale shorter guy inside the apartment was the air of silence. It seemed everyone in this household was either in deep REM mode, or in their wonderful dreams. Not even Namjoon’s loud snores could disturb the air of tranquility in their home.


 With careful steps Yoongi makes his way to the restroom first, where he quickly brushes his teeth, uses the toilet, and washes his face. Obviously not in that order. 


 The only thoughts in Yoongi’s mind, besides the tunes he had been working on still being jumbled up in his brain, was how quickly he wanted to hurry this process, that way he can finally go lay on his warm comfortable bed. 


 With a breath of relief, Yoongi was so glad to finally be standing in front of the door, with SIN being the first thing that you see proudly displayed. It was hard to believe that something like that was actually his doing. But no matter how cringeworthy it is, the fact that it makes Jin so happy is all that matters to him. 


 The door makes a soft noise, which makes Yoongi wince, deciding that he needs to be more careful when he opens it. Finally managing to make it into his room, he quietly closes the door. The sight of his hyung still fast asleep makes Yoongi break out into a sudden gummy smile. 


 His hyung is usually a light sleeper, but with a new comeback in the process, the older, well all of them actually, have been working pretty hard. So it makes sense to Yoongi why the latter is in really deep slumber. Which is why Yoongi is going to be sleeping in his bed today, and giving him the space he deserves.  


 With that thought in mind he makes his way in the opposite direction, suddenly halting in the process, when the soft cries of the cute sugar gliders manages to completely halt him in his tracks. 


 He quickly takes a peek at his hyung to see if he might’ve woken up like he usually does, but all the he does is switch positions in his bed, making Yoongi stare at him with so much fondness, albeit aggravation as well. 


 So it seems the shorter guy has no choice but to feed the tiny creatures, again. It’s not like it would be the first time he’s done it anyways. Something that he’s made sure not to tell the older guy.


  He doesn’t want him to know that the thought of his hyung wanting them in the first place, after his parents gave them to him, is because in a way they seem to be named after him, which happens to make his stomach flutter with so much affection. 


 Yoongi and Seokjin have been dancing around each other’s feelings for awhile now. The rest of the members already consider them a married couple, but both haven’t wanted to put a different label on what they have.


 Being known as roommates for life is something they’re comfortable with at the moment. They’re both equally scared to go through any other changes, especially when it’s very important to have something to help keep them grounded. 


 Constantly being out on the road is already a huge hassle, so they like the thought of being able to come home to some form of routine, and that is more than enough to bring them some form of comfort. At least that’s what Yoongi has always been led to believe.


 “Hello Eomuk and Odengie, how are you guys today?” Yoongi quietly drawls at the adorable little guys. “Are you guys hungry, and your dad hasn’t fed you yet?” He further questions, knowing that if Jin or the other guys heard him acting like this they would think he was a huge besotted idiot. 


 “Let me go grab you guys some food okay?” He further whispers, getting up from his kneeling position he had on the floor, given that their cages are located there. 

 
 The sight of his hyung standing all of a sudden in front of him catches him by surprise, that Yoongi let’s out a “very manly yelp,” causing Seokjin to break out into sudden laughter. 

 
 “What the hyung? Were you trying to give me a heart attack here?” Seokjin continues laughing for another few seconds. He had actually been nodding off and on for awhile now. 


 No matter how many times he tells his brain that Yoongi is old enough to take care of himself, and that it’s not like his studio is that far away from here, his mind and body just can’t seem to settle fast enough in the night time. 


 Seokjin guesses that maybe it’s because he’s so used to sleeping with either Yoongi, or any another member, but maybe in the end it’s just Yoongi’s calming presence that factors in him getting sleep or not. Which is really hard for Jin when the younger has to be at his studio for pretty long periods of time. 


 “Sorry Yoongichi, but I couldn’t help myself. I just had to prove my suspicions, which were pretty on point,” Seokjin can’t help but giggle, while pinching Yoongi’s cheeks along the process. The younger’s glares no longer faze him. 


 “What the ? Which suspicions?” Yoongi questions, while the older grabs the food for his children, and gives it directly to them. They both quickly quiet down once they start slowly munching on it, as well as hide back in their homes.


 “I know you like to pretend that you don’t care for our children, but I just knew you were the one feeding them in the nighttime. I just really wanted to catch you in the process, and this morning just turned out to be the perfect time.” 


 Yoongi starts blushing, his whole face feeling like it’s been set on fire. The fact that he referred to them as their children does weird things to Yoongi. But like he said, he’s not putting a label on them yet.


 “Come on Yoongi, don’t be mad. I just couldn’t help myself,” the fact that Seokjin is pouting is not making it any easier for Yoongi’s mental or beating heart. 


 “Shut up Hyung, I’m going to sleep,” Yoongi quietly mutters, making his way to his bed, which right now it’s calling his name. Before he can, Yoongi’s arm is grabbed by Seokjin, once again halting him in the process. 


 “I’m sorry if I embarrassed you Yoongi-yah, I didn’t mean to insinuate that they’re our children,” Seokjin cutely mumbles, making it pretty easy for Yoongi to forgive the older’s transgressions, like usual. 


 “It’s fine hyung, but I really am tired. My brain keeps spinning the same tunes I was working on for awhile now. It’s honestly driving me insane,” while Yoongi is talking, Jin has now sat on the floor, and is taking Eomuk out from his cage. 


 “Appa is such a hard worker Eomuk,” Seokjin coos, halting Yoongi mid tirade. “Does the thought of us sharing something really bother you Yoongi?” Seokjin seriously asks, not being able to look at Yoongi directly in the eyes. 


 He knows right now it’s not the best time to talking about this, since Yoongi did mention how tired he was, but unlike Yoongi, Seokjin is pretty tired of them dancing around each other’s feelings. 


 “Hyung, is this really the best time to be talking about this?” A few seconds later, almost like he read his thoughts, Yoongi questions. “Can you think of a better time than now?” Seokjin counters back. 


The latter just sighs, knowing what a stubborn his hyung can be sometimes, and since he’s been up this long, what’s a couple more minutes now. Yoongi just hopes this problem doesn’t drag out for too long. He really doesn’t have the brain to deal with this now.


 “Fine, no I don’t mind hyung,” Yoongi grunts, not looking his hyung in the eyes either. “But why now though? Aren’t you worried about the dynamic changes this will cause in our group?” Yoongi sounds pretty nervous when he asks that. 


 “Yoongi, according to the rest of the members, we’ve already been in a relationship. We already worry about each other, share the bed more often than not, and we’re basically already caregivers to my sugar gliders. So honestly, no I’m not scared, as long as you’re there by my side.” 


 Yoongi winces on hearing that, since it was kind of a cliché, but at the same time he can’t help the millions of butterflies that explode in his belly. 


 “And anyways, we don’t have to rush this, we can just take it day by day, night by night,” the older slowly gets up from the ground, with sugar glider in tow, and with an air of calmness he offers Eumok to Yoongi. 


 Yoongi hesitates for just a fraction of second, because he knows taking the little guy into his hand is a sign of him agreeing to start something new, but “you’re right hyung,” Yoongi mumbles, taking Eumok into his hands. It’s time for them to try to be happy for once. He knows that the rest of the members wouldn’t have a problem with it anyways. Which is his main concern.


 Before Yoongi knows what’s going on though Seokjin is softly kissing him on the lips, not even giving Yoongi time to react, before the older is stepping back from him. 


 “That’s something that I’m looking forward to in the future, but now, how about we go to bed? I know how exhausted you probably are. And I’m all but dead on my feet. Waiting for you these last few nights it’s starting to feel like a hassle,” Seokjin cutely whines. 


 Yoongi just quickly nods his head, and puts Eumok back in his cage. Seokjin then drags him by his hand to his bed, where he immediately starts spooning with Yoongi. 


 Yoongi is pretty sure that these last few nights of little sleep have finally managed to break his brain, hence the hallucinations, but this is a dream he doesn’t mind never waking up from. 


“ And all of this was brought on thanks to the sugar gliders,” it’s the last thing that pops into Yoongi’s mind, before he finally succumbs to sleep, with such a feeling of contentment. 

 

 

 

 

[AN: Sugar gliders, check, one shot, check, not a very long chapter check. Soft Yoonjin, check. I just had to write this. Sorry if it seems rushed. I have no concept of what a one shot is, so I wanted to give this a try, so what better way right? Just let me know what y’all think. Took like two hours to do this so I hope it’s okay lol. But yeah, thanks Nicole for this prompt, and helping with the title. ]